Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14) - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 10-14-2013, 08:22 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffola View Post
Rosen. Raxiom is AM.
correct.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2013, 04:09 PM   #72

Region: Minnesota
Play Video (EX: Movies) from Iphone

Can this deck play video (EX: saved movies) from a USB Connected Iphone?
KipK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #73

Region: Florida
There is a av in. I'm thinking yes

2015 Mustang GT Convertible
2014 Jeep Wrangler (Lifted)
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium
Jeffola is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2013, 06:51 AM   #74

Woke up this morning after flying home yesterday evening and the battery in my company car was dead at the airport. So after that debacle I got home tired and decided to complete other projects last night. You know, like unpacking and having dinner and a beer.

I got up and went straight to the garage. Pulled the old unit and antenna out. I wasn't interested in process of elimination. I wanted fixed. Swapped over the control panel and re installed the new unit.

Great success. I started the car and backed out of the garage and as the wizard began to guide me through the setup process, I saw three dots on the signal meter (top right hand side of the nav screen).

So it's in, and it's working. I will do some driving over the next few days and will share photos and thoughts. BIG thanks to American Muscle for helping out and replacing the unit (well, I replaced it, but they shipped it, and without that I couldn't have done my part).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1809699399.jpg
Views:	1115
Size:	386.8 KB
ID:	132974   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3448346890.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	463.2 KB
ID:	132975  

Old 10-18-2013, 07:24 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Woke up this morning after flying home yesterday evening and the battery in my company car was dead at the airport. So after that debacle I got home tired and decided to complete other projects last night. You know, like unpacking and having dinner and a beer. I got up and went straight to the garage. Pulled the old unit and antenna out. I wasn't interested in process of elimination. I wanted fixed. Swapped over the control panel and re installed the new unit. Great success. I started the car and backed out of the garage and as the wizard began to guide me through the setup process, I saw three dots on the signal meter (top right hand side of the nav screen). So it's in, and it's working. I will do some driving over the next few days and will share photos and thoughts. BIG thanks to American Muscle for helping out and replacing the unit (well, I replaced it, but they shipped it, and without that I couldn't have done my part).
Great to know!! And thanks for posting pics, I was in the fence with this unit because of what to do with the antenna... Where u put it, is barely noticable (I hate seeing wires or anything loose). I know this unit is still brand new but I would love to see a video review of this (not like the one on AM) but of a real user with 1st hand experience... I've searched online and YouTube and nothing yet
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:35 AM   #76

Tell you what. I'll do one for all of you. At some point this weekend I will post it

Old 10-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #77

Here is a few notes as I have been playing around with my Nav.

BEFORE YOU INSTALL, Press AUX and Preset 1 and WRITE DOWN YOUR Sirius ID. I cannot figure out how to get it after you perform the install. I have sent email to Rosen for that info, and am awaiting the reply.

Also, I am looking at the software updates for iGo Primo and our unit is not listed. So, how do we update? I am looking into that as well.

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Here is a few notes as I have been playing around with my Nav.

BEFORE YOU INSTALL, Press AUX and Preset 1 and WRITE DOWN YOUR Sirius ID. I cannot figure out how to get it after you perform the install. I have sent email to Rosen for that info, and am awaiting the reply.

Also, I am looking at the software updates for iGo Primo and our unit is not listed. So, how do we update? I am looking into that as well.

Old 10-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for keeping us up to date. I'm still on the fence about buying this unit. It is not good IMO that folks have to keep contacting Rosen for information.

Dan (AM) posts appear to indicate that that AM has/is working closely with Rosen on the unit. If that is accurate then AM should be able to answer the questions much better than they are.

I guess I’m just confused on why AM is acting as only a distributer for Rosen and not like a partner who has invested in a piece of equipment.

If they are truly investing in this unit, they should know a little more about it and the answers should just be provided when asked. How they don’t know and can’t answer questions and send folks to Rosen for the answers IMO is unacceptable.

And ultimately will keep me from buying this unit. Just my two cents!!!

Keep the posts coming.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #79

I get how you feel. And I do agree. HOWEVER (you like the uppercase to note how much I mean it?) this is a more complicated unit than a deck lid spoiler.

Used it today and I am loving it.

I'll do a video over the weekend.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:27 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I get how you feel. And I do agree. HOWEVER (you like the uppercase to note how much I mean it?) this is a more complicated unit than a deck lid spoiler. Used it today and I am loving it. I'll do a video over the weekend.
LOL understood. Glad you are loving it. Look forward to the video.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:47 AM   #81

Here is the review I wrote for American Muscle, I will do a short operational video this weekend and post it here.

Obviously, the addition of a factory "LIKE" navigation system could not be easy. You have hurdles to jump. Ford did a good job of integrating SYNC into their cars since 2008 and while some of the functionality is not used, the case still stands that its one of the best Bluetooth for phone and audio manufacturers integrations that has been rolled out.

The requirement of SYNC to install this system is not so bad, considering that ford has been installing the system for years now, and I believe this targets the broadest audience, thus making the product open to the single largest amount of buyers. The system is not made by Raxiom, its a product of Rosen. They had been making this for a bit of time, and while you don thear much about it, I think the marriage between Rosen and Raxiom on this one is a winning combination.

Lets go over the install first.

BEFORE YOU BEGIN on the factory system, Press 1 and AUX at the same time to display your Sat Radio ID, WRITE THIS DOWN!!! After installation, you will NOT be able to get this info (I printed a p-touch label and placed it in the glove box).

The installation is straightforward.

My car is a 5.0 GT Manual Transmission, so I begin by removing the shifter knob and opening the rear storage compartment. Lift the entire center console face up and three plugs gets it out of the way and in the back seat.

Once thats out of the way, remove the two screws on the bottom of the dash center stack and pull it out. At this point you will remove all the screws holding the display and the radio head unit. Here is another tip, The AM/FM antenna cable is VERY short. When you go to remove the head unit, its gonna give you problems. In my car they had the antenna cable running under a wire harness. DO NOT PULL THE UNIT OUT! Reach around the back of the unit and grab the cable and give it a yank. It will come out. I rerouted the antenna cable to give me more room to re-install. Once I had all the parts out, I followed the directions to wrap the display and the HVAC unit in foam. Getting the HVAC Control unit wasnt bad, I used a panel pulling tool to pry it up, a little on each side at a time.

I then installed the backup camera and the GPS antenna. Running the wire for the camera is easy, pull the back seat and follow the harnesses as you pull panels tuck the wire along the way. This took less than ten minutes.

Camera Install, My way. I removed a tail light (You have to remove two wing nuts and two clips to get the back panel off the car). Once the tail light was out (Three nuts and one wire harness, remove the rubber gasket with the light) I found a spare grommet in the back of the car.

Remove one of the lic plate lights and notch the corner to run the wire. Once the camea is dangling, replace the bumper light and then mount the camera. I took two 3/4" tek screws and simply screwed the camera between the Lic plate lights right into the bumper above the Lic plate.

The GPS antenna was placed on the dash on the passenger side of the car. I secured it with velcro and simply pushed the cable (VERY CAREFULLY) into place. Ran it between the "A" pillar trim and the dash and left the tied up bundle of wire right inside the removable side panel. With both wires in hand, I ran across the bottom of the dash in front of the glove box securing the wiring to other wires. I brought up the two cables into the cavity and began installation. The wiring is PLUG NAD PLAY, could not be easier. Follow the directions for model year plugs, and then you begin to re-install all the "Stuff" you took out earlier. Once every thing was back in place, I plugged in all the plugs for the nag faceplate and (without completely installing the panel back in) tested all my operations.

While I had issues with GPS reception, American Muscle replaced the unit for me. I replaced the GPS antenna as well as the head unit, and it all worked perfectly.

Once everything tests out, pop the dash panel in, Two screws to secure it and then re-install the center console remembering to connect the three plugs.

OPERATION.

Think of the NAV button as a screen toggle (Like an input on a tv). Which ever input your on, thats what you see. The system utilizes the drivers speaker to provide the audio from the GPS.

Interestingly enough, the GPS can and does feed turn info over the screen when in (What I call Ford Mode). So even when you listening to and have Sirius on the screen, you will get a bar at the top of the screen that give you turn information, and of course you will get audio regardless.

The Nav screen provides great info, What house numbers are on each side of the road, speed limit warnings (I seem to anger the GPS, she is ALWAYS telling me that I have gone over the speed limit). The speed threshold is adjustable, and you can also turn off that setting. Since our cars can, you will find you seem to After all its a mustang, not a camaro or a challenger!

Menu's are very good, animation is smooth and operation is excellent, with little or no lag time at all. It seems like the manufacturer and iGo software really built the system to perform rather than just meet minimum standards (there is another camaro reference there if you get it).

All joking aside (and in conclusion) this unit looks as well as it works. I will be doing a video review for my friends on a mustang forum and will try to send the link to American Muscle and hopefully I can have my moment of fame (No offense to Justin's video).

Old 10-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #82

Region: Minnesota
Has anyone played video (EX: saved movies) from a USB Connected Iphone with this deck to confirm it works?
KipK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:10 AM   #83

Navigation operation is fantastic. It finds addresses well and while driving on highways it guides you the right way very visually.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:11 AM   #84

Quote:
Navigation operation is fantastic. It finds addresses well and while driving on highways it guides you the right way very visually.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-961214940.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	439.1 KB
ID:	133172  

Old 10-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Does anyone have a problem trying to use the ipod, cause I do for some reason it's not registering
20Mustang13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Mustang13 View Post
Does anyone have a problem trying to use the ipod, cause I do for some reason it's not registering
Never mind fingered it out
20Mustang13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:44 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Has anyone figured out how to change the Raxiom boot screen??
Old 10-29-2013, 06:44 AM   #88

I spoke to American Muscle last week, they are working on updates (Mostly for Canadian buyers).

The people who write the software (igo) have a website and updates are capable, just not available.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #89

How are you making out with the video of the operations of the system. I would love to see the screen when a iPod is plug in to USB. Any chance of that?
Stew5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 04:06 PM   #90

Region: California
Driver side speaker sounds terrible

Hi. I just had the raxiom gps installed on my 2013 mustang and everything seems to work smoothly except for the gps sound. When I tried to change the voice, volume, or listen to directions, a loud cracking sound comes out of the driver side speaker and then I hear the gps voice over the static. I'm not sure if it is the flin-out wire or not. Please help, I am not very familiar with these things.
schreib01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:06 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by schreib01 View Post
Hi. I just had the raxiom gps installed on my 2013 mustang and everything seems to work smoothly except for the gps sound. When I tried to change the voice, volume, or listen to directions, a loud cracking sound comes out of the driver side speaker and then I hear the gps voice over the static. I'm not sure if it is the flin-out wire or not. Please help, I am not very familiar with these things.
American Muscle (Very well) supports their products. Sounds like a defective unit, I would absolutely have them ship you a replacement.

I am seriously thinking about pulling mine out, since I am selling the car in a few months. Truth is I do like it, and mine does work very well.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:50 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That wire for the GPS on the LF speaker should be labeled 10-12 or 13-14. That's the only thing I can think of
Old 06-16-2014, 08:41 AM   #93
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Quote:
American Muscle (Very well) supports their products. Sounds like a defective unit, I would absolutely have them ship you a replacement.

I am seriously thinking about pulling mine out, since I am selling the car in a few months. Truth is I do like it, and mine does work very well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
That wire for the GPS on the LF speaker should be labeled 10-12 or 13-14. That's the only thing I can think of
^ GTstyles2 may be onto something. You have to make sure everything is plugged into the proper location. If it's not, you could definitely have some connection issues.

Either way we won't leave you hanging. Feel free to give our CS department a call and we'll gladly look into this for you and help you troubleshoot! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:10 AM   #94

Region: Michigan
Is it true if you install this Navi in a GT Premium with a 6 CD changer, it will force you to 1 slot? If so, is that the only thing incompatible?
Ou7LaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:05 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
No i had a 2010 v6 premium with a 6 CD changer and i needed to buy a 2011-2014 1 CD changer it was cheap an easy to get that is all you need besides having a premium model

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
crashkid500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:06 PM   #96

Region: Michigan
Where did you buy the 2011 CD player?
Ou7LaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:08 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I got it here on the forum i just posted up in buying and selling i wanted to swap an i was able to find someone who wanted a 6CD changer lol otherwise its on ebay just make sure its a single CD changer

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
crashkid500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:45 AM   #98

Region: New Hampshire
I'm reading all the posts here and am a bit confused.
I have a 2005 GT Convertible with no steering wheel controls, no My SYNC, nothing... just the old school Shaker 500.

1.) If I was to get this unit, I would need My Sync installed?
2.) Does it use the factory amps in the doors or does it bypass those?
paulg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:40 PM   #99

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulg View Post
I'm reading all the posts here and am a bit confused.
I have a 2005 GT Convertible with no steering wheel controls, no My SYNC, nothing... just the old school Shaker 500.

1.) If I was to get this unit, I would need My Sync installed?
2.) Does it use the factory amps in the doors or does it bypass those?
does not work on 05-09. they did recently release a similar unit for 05-09 though
5.slow11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:34 PM   #100

Region: New Hampshire
Thanks, I verified with AM the new 05-09 is the model that is fully funtion for my car.
Seems like a great offering.
paulg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:23 PM   #101

Region: Nevada
i love mine, im sure the 05-09 one is just as good as this one.
5.slow11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:25 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
God this looks perfect, who needs Google Maps when you have this.
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:33 AM   #103
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulg View Post
Thanks, I verified with AM the new 05-09 is the model that is fully funtion for my car.
Seems like a great offering.
Hey Paul - Sorry I missed this! I'm happy to hear that you got an answer on this! Don't hesitate to let me know if you're to have any other questions on the Raxiom OE GPS and I'm here to help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.slow11 View Post
i love mine, im sure the 05-09 one is just as good as this one.
5 - Thanks for your comments here, I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying yours so much. I was able to test fit the 05-09 Model a few months back and it's a breeze to use. It made me want to pitch my garmin/tom-tom right out the window!

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post
God this looks perfect, who needs Google Maps when you have this.
King - I couldn't agree with you more! Not to mention that Google Maps has been a little buggy recently!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 07:27 PM   #104

Region: California
Wow, ordered a raxiom navigation for my 2012 ford mustang gt. Got it, had it installed professionally. Now the unit freezes and resets constantly and wont stop reseting. I called AM. They referred me to Rosen. Rosen says yep its defective. Rosen instructs AM to send me a new one and take this one back. AM cuatomer service response is basically this, (1) take out the unit and send it to us. THEN we will send you one. So looking at 7-10 days without a car.... (unit affects AC, SYNC, radio, ect ect...) or (2) spend ur money and purchase a new one, then swap it out and we will return the money AFTER we receive the unit. (3) we will return u money on ur acct. Well I dont have the method of payment anymore, so I can get store credit ONLY... So great customer service, broken product and worse is they dont care about putting customers out here. What a disappointment, so I am nit planning on doing any other business with AM.

There first option is not doable when u drive this car everyday, 2 option, shouldnt have to pay out of pocket to have something fixed, and third Is just unacceptable to force me to stay with them...

Well havent decided what to do yet, BUT I am very disappointed with the product, (dont by, AM knkws itsnnot good and doesnt like to help, and read all reviews on the internet, they are flawed) and AM has disappointed me and lost me as a customer.
Ralphgarcia614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:14 AM   #105
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphgarcia614 View Post
Wow, ordered a raxiom navigation for my 2012 ford mustang gt. Got it, had it installed professionally. Now the unit freezes and resets constantly and wont stop reseting. I called AM. They referred me to Rosen. Rosen says yep its defective. Rosen instructs AM to send me a new one and take this one back. AM cuatomer service response is basically this, (1) take out the unit and send it to us. THEN we will send you one. So looking at 7-10 days without a car.... (unit affects AC, SYNC, radio, ect ect...) or (2) spend ur money and purchase a new one, then swap it out and we will return the money AFTER we receive the unit. (3) we will return u money on ur acct. Well I dont have the method of payment anymore, so I can get store credit ONLY... So great customer service, broken product and worse is they dont care about putting customers out here. What a disappointment, so I am nit planning on doing any other business with AM.

There first option is not doable when u drive this car everyday, 2 option, shouldnt have to pay out of pocket to have something fixed, and third Is just unacceptable to force me to stay with them...

Well havent decided what to do yet, BUT I am very disappointed with the product, (dont by, AM knkws itsnnot good and doesnt like to help, and read all reviews on the internet, they are flawed) and AM has disappointed me and lost me as a customer.
Hey Ralphgarcia614 - I'm sorry to see and hear about the trouble here but this is absolutely not how we operate here! My customer service team needs to follow protocol but I'm happy to have a replacement shipped today and delivered tomorrow for you to get you some help. Shoot me a PM or let me know your order number and I'll have a replacement set up for you immediately.

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle