Xenion side window louvers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 10-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Xenion side window louvers

Hey American Muscle or people reading this I have a question. I just got some window louvers off of craigslist and I didn't get anything else. I paid 70 for them. About how much more should I expect to spend on them to get them mounted and what all do I need to mount them? They are already painted by the way. Thanks
sally2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Nail and hammer
Jk, get you some 3m double sided bonding tape. Should do the trick
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:06 AM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Be sure to clean the surface

After you get the 3M double sided tape you will need to clean the area where the louvers attach to the surface. Alcohol works great for that. If not cleaned properly the tape won't stick.
When you do stick them on you need to push tight on the louvers edge for a few minutes.

Before even using the 3M tape it is always good to hold them exactly where you want them and stick a piece of masking tape to mark the exact location you will want them.

Another thing to look at is some of the louvers are designed for left side or right side. I don't know if yours are like that so try to find a photo to see .

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Nail and hammer Jk, get you some 3m double sided bonding tape. Should do the trick
Hammer and nail. Hmmm lol

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
After you get the 3M double sided tape you will need to clean the area where the louvers attach to the surface. Alcohol works great for that. If not cleaned properly the tape won't stick. When you do stick them on you need to push tight on the louvers edge for a few minutes. Before even using the 3M tape it is always good to hold them exactly where you want them and stick a piece of masking tape to mark the exact location you will want them. Another thing to look at is some of the louvers are designed for left side or right side. I don't know if yours are like that so try to find a photo to see . Ronnie
Ok ya definitely using 3m tape and mine are directional so it shouldn't be a problem. But how much to use and where it's supposed to be applied is a question I have also since mine are used and have no tape or instructions on where the tape is going to go.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #5
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
sally2002,

Ronnie is right on about making sure to thoroughly clean all of the area's being taped with some type of alcohol. This is very important if you want the louvers to stay. You should also make sure the surface temp of the car is at or above 60*F in order for the 3M adhesive to properly attach.

Which louvers did you end up buying? I'm assuming they're louvers that we carry? If so, you'll be able to find full installation instructions on our site under the product page. Also, if you let me know which louvers you have, I'll provide you with direct link!

Hope this helps!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:25 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
sally2002, Ronnie is right on about making sure to thoroughly clean all of the area's being taped with some type of alcohol. This is very important if you want the louvers to stay. You should also make sure the surface temp of the car is at or above 60*F in order for the 3M adhesive to properly attach. Which louvers did you end up buying? I'm assuming they're louvers that we carry? If so, you'll be able to find full installation instructions on our site under the product page. Also, if you let me know which louvers you have, I'll provide you with direct link! Hope this helps! Shane
Shane

Yes you guys do carry them. They are the xenion unpainted. I was curious if tape and alcohol is all I would need. Also is it possible to purchase the matte stickers that go in the slots? Thanks
Old 10-07-2013, 01:02 PM   #7
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Here's a link to Xenon's installation instructions. It should cover everything you need to know when installing these louvers!

Also, you may be able to purchase the matte stickers separately through Xenon directly. Unfortunately, we can't split up any packages and don't have extra stickers. I hope you understand.

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
Here's a link to Xenon's installation instructions. It should cover everything you need to know when installing these louvers! Also, you may be able to purchase the matte stickers separately through Xenon directly. Unfortunately, we can't split up any packages and don't have extra stickers. I hope you understand. Shane
Thank you much appreciated

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle