Disappointed in Bama - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 10-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulsa Stang View Post
^ That kind of reply and dedication to customer support, concern and service is why I am and will continue to do business with AM.
+1
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2013, 03:28 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Its like this...NO company in the world will EVER satisfy all of their customers 100%...just a fact of life. However...what makes a company in my opinion is when they realize they have a customer that isn't happy, they try their best to make that customer happy while still doing it in a way to keep running a business and keep a customer base. No company is going to give away the farm for free just because someone is upset and posts something negative about the company. With you replying that you are still not going to do business with AM or Bama...even after AM posted up that they would like to speak with you to see what they could do to help you out and keep you happy...that lets me know you never intended on giving AM or Bama a chance to make it right...you had your mind made up before you even posted the initial post to this forum. I look at it like this...if someone has lost my business for good...then keep my mouth shut and move on...if I want to stay with a company but I am not happy...then I contact them direct and give them the chance to save face and their reputation without blasting them on a forum that they are well know for their products, customer support and forum support. The only way you will see me blast a company on here is if they do me wrong or I feel I wasn't treated right, I contact them and then they tell me to pretty much pound sand in my @$$...then you bet I will let other members know.

As for AM and Bama...just loaded my tune and installed the Airaid TB Spacer they sent me last week...couldn't be more satisfied!

If you had questions or didn't understand the policy on their tunes for life...then I would suggest you ask more questions around here to make sure you understand for sure...or ask one of the AM reps on here...you can't ever look at a topic posting on this forum without finding a AM rep that has replied to it somewhere...which isn't bad...just saying they are not hard to find on here to ask. I feel no question is a dumb question when it comes to things like this...so ask away...they want your business so I know they will answer you intelligently. The only dumb question I can think of...is when you have to sit back after the fact and ask yourself..."why didn't I ask more questions for clarity before spending $350+ dollars!"

Cheers!
Tulsa Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
+1,000,000
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
Just thought I would express my disappointment in Bama tunes. I have a v6 mustang that I bought a tuner for and am now looking for upgrade to a GT same year model. Same tuner, works for the v8 also but now I am suppose to pay another 150$ to get tunes for the v8. Their slogan 'free tunes for life' is sort of misleading. I have always had nothing bad to say about bama until now. Sorry to rant but it sort of mislead/disappointed me. Thought I'd share in case others may have been misguided also, or if this may come into play when someone else is buying the tuner. Basically 379+150 is what I would be paying to get the v8 tuned. :\
Really, you're going to complain about having to pay someone for work they now have to do? They could just tell you sorry but we don't allow you to use the tuner on another vehicle, you have to buy a brand new one... Seriously, people always want something for nothing...
Old 10-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
+1,000,000
I'll see your +1,000,000 and raise you another.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman705 View Post
AM is awesome your just a dumbass that thinks your gua get free tunes for any car you ever own for life.. even if you thought that once someone explained it to you it should have set of a light like oh hah im an idiot that shoulda been obvious
You're obviously a flaming troll, but lets think here. If punch it performance can provide tunes for all cars (as someone said before) then why am I the 'idiot' for thinking that it could be the same way for bama? It wasn't obvious to me, so I assumed it was the same. That doesn't make me any of the names you called me, sorry.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post

Really, you're going to complain about having to pay someone for work they now have to do? They could just tell you sorry but we don't allow you to use the tuner on another vehicle, you have to buy a brand new one... Seriously, people always want something for nothing...
Well, I paid 379$ do that isn't nothing. I didn't feel like they made it obvious enough that it was for one car. Maybe I should have asked more questions, but it should also be more obvious. Do they not have the base of tunes already premade, then they tweak them for a certain car? I don't think AM has that authority, wouldn't it be up to SCT on not using the tuner for other cars? Unless AM owns SCT. Which I'm not sure of.

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

Quote:
Its like this...NO company in the world will EVER satisfy all of their customers 100%...just a fact of life. However...what makes a company in my opinion is when they realize they have a customer that isn't happy, they try their best to make that customer happy while still doing it in a way to keep running a business and keep a customer base. No company is going to give away the farm for free just because someone is upset and posts something negative about the company. With you replying that you are still not going to do business with AM or Bama...even after AM posted up that they would like to speak with you to see what they could do to help you out and keep you happy...that lets me know you never intended on giving AM or Bama a chance to make it right...you had your mind made up before you even posted the initial post to this forum. I look at it like this...if someone has lost my business for good...then keep my mouth shut and move on...if I want to stay with a company but I am not happy...then I contact them direct and give them the chance to save face and their reputation without blasting them on a forum that they are well know for their products, customer support and forum support. The only way you will see me blast a company on here is if they do me wrong or I feel I wasn't treated right, I contact them and then they tell me to pretty much pound sand in my @$$...then you bet I will let other members know.

As for AM and Bama...just loaded my tune and installed the Airaid TB Spacer they sent me last week...couldn't be more satisfied!

If you had questions or didn't understand the policy on their tunes for life...then I would suggest you ask more questions around here to make sure you understand for sure...or ask one of the AM reps on here...you can't ever look at a topic posting on this forum without finding a AM rep that has replied to it somewhere...which isn't bad...just saying they are not hard to find on here to ask. I feel no question is a dumb question when it comes to things like this...so ask away...they want your business so I know they will answer you intelligently. The only dumb question I can think of...is when you have to sit back after the fact and ask yourself..."why didn't I ask more questions for clarity before spending $350+ dollars!"

Cheers!
Like I stated before.. Love AM. Yes they contacted me but nothing has happened yet. The thread was mainly to say that it was not obvious enough. You have to make important things obvious, and it's not that obvious. Warning others of this (I wasn't the only one that didn't know about the one car deal) was an intention also. Then AM rep said that they would look into making this more obvious. So actually a few good things came from this thread.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 10-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

But on a different note you guys should provide a damage warranty or a otter box for these things.
I got out the car a accidentally dropped it not even that far from the ground and the LCD broke
theweekday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:05 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
It was I who brought up Punch It Performance. Sct is not owned by AM. SCT actaully sent me to punch it, as it was thier preferred tuner. They have done an excellent job with the tunes for my mustang and explorer. I sold the explorer, so I called punch it and they said the would set it up for the next mustang I get soon no charge. And they too have tunes for life.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:33 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well, I paid 379$ do that isn't nothing. I didn't feel like they made it obvious enough that it was for one car. Maybe I should have asked more questions, but it should also be more obvious. Do they not have the base of tunes already premade, then they tweak them for a certain car? I don't think AM has that authority, wouldn't it be up to SCT on not using the tuner for other cars? Unless AM owns SCT. Which I'm not sure of.
I don't think your an idiot. I just think you misunderstood what exactly the free tunes for life meant. I think there was confusion on your part and those things happen. Now you understand how the free tunes for life program works and if your unhappy with that, then there are plenty of other tuning options out there.

Even Steeda's free tunes for life program works the same way as AM's free tunes for life program. OP, Is it possible that your really not angry at AM but really angry with yourself for not understanding the program you bought into?
Old 10-17-2013, 10:55 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I don't think your an idiot. I just think you misunderstood what exactly the free tunes for life meant. I think there was confusion on your part and those things happen. Now you understand how the free tunes for life program works and if your unhappy with that, then there are plenty of other tuning options out there.

Even Steeda's free tunes for life program works the same way as AM's free tunes for life program. OP, Is it possible that your really not angry at AM but really angry with yourself for not understanding the program you bought into?
I take part blame for my presumptions.

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post
It was I who brought up Punch It Performance. Sct is not owned by AM. SCT actaully sent me to punch it, as it was thier preferred tuner. They have done an excellent job with the tunes for my mustang and explorer. I sold the explorer, so I called punch it and they said the would set it up for the next mustang I get soon no charge. And they too have tunes for life.
This is what I thought when I heard free tunes for life, and I didn't see anything saying it wasn't like this one. That's why I was irritated.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 10-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Its common sense. You didn't get scammed. Its always been this way. You are changing to a completely different vehicle which requires a completely different tune. You will have to do this with every tuner. Ive had to do it also.
You mean me and 10 of my friends can't use the same tuner....no fair
Borla S-Type stingers, BAMA SCT tuner, K & N Typhoon CAI, Classic Design Concepts light bar, MACH 1 chin spoiler, MACH 1000 w JVC Kvw 500 HU, plastidipped hood scoop, wing & Premium GT rims, painted calipers, 3.73 gears, black Bullitt fuel door, MMD hood struts, sub-frame connectors, SVE uca & lca, Power Stop drilled/slotted rotors
Peterzinyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #48
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
I take part blame for my presumptions. ---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ---------- This is what I thought when I heard free tunes for life, and I didn't see anything saying it wasn't like this one. That's why I was irritated.
Just saying it probably would have been a good idea to take 5 minutes to call and ask "hey, if I buy another car will I still get the free tunes for life with that car also?" Not saying your all the way at fault, because it really isn't that clear on the website, but you could have taken 5 minutes to call them. Or even ask on the forums.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:37 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Just saying it probably would have been a good idea to take 5 minutes to call and ask "hey, if I buy another car will I still get the free tunes for life with that car also?" Not saying your all the way at fault, because it really isn't that clear on the website, but you could have taken 5 minutes to call them. Or even ask on the forums.
Its kind of like car adds in the newspapers. Its like when you see. Buy a new 2014 Mustang V6 for only 19,000 dollars.

Then there is the really small print at the bottom that reads you need 4,000 down or trade in value. The add is to get you in the door. Its up to us to then investigate and get all the details.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterzinyou View Post

You mean me and 10 of my friends can't use the same tuner....no fair
You're *trying* to be funny but the SCT tuner is locked to one car at a time. So tunes has nothing to do with that lol. I can have 10000000 tunes for diff cars, but still can't use the tuner for me and all 10 friends at the same time.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 10-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Well, the good thing is if you have to pay for tunes you can go anywhere, MPT, Lund, steeda etc.I have no plans on swapping rides anytime soon, and being with bama I have free tunes for life, but I'm still going to try mpt, 150$ for three tunes isnt really that bad if you already have the tuner.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
You could always go buy a Honda...that way you don't have to worry about tunes...because even with a tune on it...its still going to only be as fast as a Honda
Tulsa Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:50 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You could always go buy a Honda...that way you don't have to worry about tunes...because even with a tune on it...its still going to only be as fast as a Honda
Yea but theres plenty of hondas that are sick.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131017_155006.png
Views:	99
Size:	548.4 KB
ID:	132843

Legit honda motor also. Runs 8's
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I take part blame for my presumptions. ---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ---------- This is what I thought when I heard free tunes for life, and I didn't see anything saying it wasn't like this one. That's why I was irritated.
This is why we have labels for everything now like the sticker at a gas pump that tells you to put in the the gas tank
03Graymach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Graymach View Post
This is why we have labels for everything now like the sticker at a gas pump that tells you to put in the the gas tank
Lmao.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Lmao. Some people man I tell u..Always blaming other people! Smh.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

+1, they are nothing to laugh at 4 sure! A buddy at work has a 99 I believe, turbo, and is fast as snot!
Old 10-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

+1, they are nothing to laugh at 4 sure! A buddy at work has a 99 I believe, turbo, and is fast as snot!
Anybody can make anything fast if you drop enough money into it. I can make a Chevy Geo a 9 second car if one drops enough money into it. The fact there is a 9 second Honda doesn't make Honda's fast or a muscle car. It just means that one particular Honda is a$$ fast because the owner dumped a boat load of money into building the engine up to handle insane amounts of boost. Hondas are not designed factory fast cars. Mustangs are factory fast.

I can make a turd fast but at end of day its still a turd. I don't care if the Honda runs 8 seconds, its still a Honda. Not cool, not muscle, not pony, not sexy. Again any car can be a$$ fast if you drop enough money into it.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:34 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That's more than just a tune. Lol
Old 10-17-2013, 05:39 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That's more than just a tune. Lol
It has a tune though lol
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:06 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It has a tune though lol
And an a$$ load of engine work and insane boost but yes it has a tune. Lmao.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Anybody can make anything fast if you drop enough money into it. I can make a Chevy Geo a 9 second car if one drops enough money into it. The fact there is a 9 second Honda doesn't make Honda's fast or a muscle car. It just means that one particular Honda is a$$ fast because the owner dumped a boat load of money into building the engine up to handle insane amounts of boost. Hondas are not designed factory fast cars. Mustangs are factory fast.

I can make a turd fast but at end of day its still a turd. I don't care if the Honda runs 8 seconds, its still a Honda. Not cool, not muscle, not pony, not sexy. Again any car can be a$$ fast if you drop enough money into it.
Agreed. But have you ever driven a newer v-tec civic, you might be very surprised how quick it is stock from the factory. I'm no Honda fan but I give props to cars that deserve it, and Hondas are a great example of excellent engineering! You'll never see one in my driveway, but after driving my bro in laws, I can definitely understand why someone would what to start modding it like we do to ours. It handled like it was on rails and the power train is smooth as silk. But in the end its not a stang for sure.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Agreed. But have you ever driven a newer v-tec civic, you might be very surprised how quick it is stock from the factory. I'm no Honda fan but I give props to cars that deserve it, and Hondas are a great example of excellent engineering! You'll never see one in my driveway, but after driving my bro in laws, I can definitely understand why someone would what to start modding it like we do to ours. It handled like it was on rails and the power train is smooth as silk. But in the end its not a stang for sure.
The new v tec does not have near the get up and go of stang. A guy in 2010 si civic thought he did
Old 10-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Graymach View Post
The new v tec does not have near the get up and go of stang. A guy in 2010 si civic thought he did
I didn't say it did! I said you might be surprised how quick it is from factory.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:05 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I didn't say it did! I said you might be surprised how quick it is from factory.
He hung a little better than I though had to go home and look up specs but your right more than you would think
Old 10-19-2013, 12:29 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------
Maybe you're just super new to cars or don't think things through. If you could just use the tuner on a different car, with new custom tunes, then what would stop people from just passing one tuner around from car to car? Thats why. It takes a lot of time and effort for those tunes to get written and then tweaked, to employ those people who maintain those tunes, update them, and provide excellent customer service. Why wouldn't you have to pay?
Old 10-19-2013, 04:54 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:

Maybe you're just super new to cars or don't think things through. If you could just use the tuner on a different car, with new custom tunes, then what would stop people from just passing one tuner around from car to car? Thats why. It takes a lot of time and effort for those tunes to get written and then tweaked, to employ those people who maintain those tunes, update them, and provide excellent customer service. Why wouldn't you have to pay?
It being locked to one car while your running a tune stops people from passing it around. My sct is locked to my mustang right now, but if I return the tune to the factory settings I can use it on any vehicle I want. I don't have to pay to have tunes written for different cars. Punch It Performance does this for free. I did my research first however, which is why I went with them over Bama.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:12 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post

It being locked to one car while your running a tune stops people from passing it around. My sct is locked to my mustang right now, but if I return the tune to the factory settings I can use it on any vehicle I want. I don't have to pay to have tunes written for different cars. Punch It Performance does this for free. I did my research first however, which is why I went with them over Bama.
But our can't use it to run custom tunes on multiple vehicles at the same time can you?
Old 10-19-2013, 08:08 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
But our can't use it to run custom tunes on multiple vehicles at the same time can you?
No, the tuner locks to one car at a time. If I remember right, you can only unlock it 5 times before you have to send it to SCT to get reset. I thought I remembered this when I bought it. So either way, the excuse of people using it on everyone's car that they know is just absurd, and false.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 10-19-2013, 08:54 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well, I paid 379$ do that isn't nothing. I didn't feel like they made it obvious enough that it was for one car. Maybe I should have asked more questions, but it should also be more obvious. Do they not have the base of tunes already premade, then they tweak them for a certain car? I don't think AM has that authority, wouldn't it be up to SCT on not using the tuner for other cars? Unless AM owns SCT. Which I'm not sure of. ---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ---------- Like I stated before.. Love AM. Yes they contacted me but nothing has happened yet. The thread was mainly to say that it was not obvious enough. You have to make important things obvious, and it's not that obvious. Warning others of this (I wasn't the only one that didn't know about the one car deal) was an intention also. Then AM rep said that they would look into making this more obvious. So actually a few good things came from this thread.
You payed the $379 for the chip itself it would have cost you that no matter where you bought it from bama was nice enough to tune it for that car for free for as long as you had it and your p*issed the reason other people offer tunes for life no matter how many cars is because you pay then for the first tune with bama you did not pay then anything

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle