Disappointed in Bama - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 10-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Disappointed in Bama

Just thought I would express my disappointment in Bama tunes. I have a v6 mustang that I bought a tuner for and am now looking for upgrade to a GT same year model. Same tuner, works for the v8 also but now I am suppose to pay another 150$ to get tunes for the v8. Their slogan 'free tunes for life' is sort of misleading. I have always had nothing bad to say about bama until now. Sorry to rant but it sort of mislead/disappointed me. Thought I'd share in case others may have been misguided also, or if this may come into play when someone else is buying the tuner. Basically 379+150 is what I would be paying to get the v8 tuned. :\

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
free tunes for life per car haha... I don't see anything wrong with thaté your v6 will have free tunes for life... you bought a gt so you pay a lil to have them send you the software to use it for a different computer
Mustangman705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
Just thought I would express my disappointment in Bama tunes. I have a v6 mustang that I bought a tuner for and am now looking for upgrade to a GT same year model. Same tuner, works for the v8 also but now I am suppose to pay another 150$ to get tunes for the v8. Their slogan 'free tunes for life' is sort of misleading. I have always had nothing bad to say about bama until now. Sorry to rant but it sort of mislead/disappointed me. Thought I'd share in case others may have been misguided also, or if this may come into play when someone else is buying the tuner. Basically 379+150 is what I would be paying to get the v8 tuned. :\
dang that's a bummer
I'm glad I know that now. I was looking into buying one for my gt then using it on my mach 1 once I buy one
twotone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #4
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Its common sense. You didn't get scammed. Its always been this way. You are changing to a completely different vehicle which requires a completely different tune. You will have to do this with every tuner. Ive had to do it also.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:07 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

+1
Old 10-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
You have to be careful when buying things off the internet. If you used AmericanMuscle.com, i was gonna buy a Bama tuner for my v6 but i noticed they have one for the v8 also. Also the questions and answers ask if the v8 bama tuner works with my v6 and vice versa. They said no to both. Maybe you could call them and see if they'd let you return it?
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I've had the tuner for over half a year so I can't return it lol. Software is the same.. Only diff will be the canned tune. No one said I got scammed lol. I got mislead, and I'm not the only one apparently.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 10-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Well at least you have the tuner, you can go with MPT or Lund now if your going to have to pay for tunes anyway.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Unless I am mistaken, its free tunes for life per one vehicle. Life for that one vehicle. Not buy 20 different mustangs and continue the free tunes. Free for your one car! That's how it always is and was. American Muscle never claimed any different nor does Steeda claim. Don't people ask companies any questions prior to buying things? Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #10
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Unless I am mistaken, its free tunes for life per one vehicle. Life for that one vehicle. Not buy 20 different mustangs and continue the free tunes. Free for your one car! That's how it always is and was. American Muscle never claimed any different nor does Steeda claim. Don't people ask companies any questions prior to buying things? Lol
+10000

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You're not mistaken, I mean I put it in my first post

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 10-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You're not mistaken, I mean I put it in my first post
The post is titled disappointed in Bama. I not sure where misleading fits in.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The post is titled disappointed in Bama. I not sure where misleading fits in.
*Thread
Old 10-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clflorida View Post

*Thread
Yep, meant thread is titled. Lol
Old 10-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

On the AM website where you can buy the V6 SCT tuner, on that page where you can add to cart, the question is asked if he can use the tuner on a v8 that he plans on getting after he sells his 6 and it was answered by a AM rep saying yes but you have to pay the $150 to be enrolled into the free tunes for life for that vehicle. But I do have to give the op some credit because nowhere in the free tunes for life if you buy this tuner does it clearly indicate that it only applies to that car only, it just refers to "your mustang." When I bought mine I knew that was the case that it was for this car only, but to someone who didn't know I think it should be clearly stated.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
On the AM website where you can buy the V6 SCT tuner, on that page where you can add to cart, the question is asked if he can use the tuner on a v8 that he plans on getting after he sells his 6 and it was answered by a AM rep saying yes but you have to pay the $150 to be enrolled into the free tunes for life for that vehicle. But I do have to give the op some credit because nowhere in the free tunes for life if you buy this tuner does it clearly indicate that it only applies to that car only, it just refers to "your mustang." When I bought mine I knew that was the case that it was for this car only, but to someone who didn't know I think it should be clearly stated.
You know you got to read the small print. Lmao. Besides if someone has enough money to buy a 5.0 they sure can spend the extra 150 dollars for new tunes for life. That's just a few less lap dances for the weekend. Ba ha ha ha
Old 10-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes. He paid 379 for the SF3. The SCT cost 469...dont wanna argue with you but it is clearly stated...(99-04 v6)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131008_202348.png
Views:	195
Size:	228.2 KB
ID:	131929  
Old 10-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You know you got to read the small print. Lmao.
Lol, but if that question wasn't asked and answered I could understand how someone could misinterpret the free tunes for life for as long as he has that tuner, which would be awesome but is not realistic. I'm sure its there somewhere but its not as obvious as it maybe should be.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Quote:

Yes. He paid 379 for the SF3. The SCT cost 469...dont wanna argue with you but it is clearly stated...(99-04 v6)
Yes I meant the sf3 at 379$. Lol the one that's for his car that he paid $379.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:32 PM   #19
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
You do know that the SF3/X3 is made by SCT right?

HID end all thread
Old 10-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol, but if that question wasn't asked and answered I could understand how someone could misinterpret the free tunes for life for as long as he has that tuner, which would be awesome but is not realistic. I'm sure its there somewhere but its not as obvious as it maybe should be.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Yes I meant the sf3 at 379$. Lol
Nooo you didnt!! Lol jk
Old 10-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
+1.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:36 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Nope. So that makes them the same?
Old 10-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Nooo you didnt!! Lol jk
Lol.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #24
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Well my SF3/X3 says SCT.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-896118753.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	380.3 KB
ID:	131934  

HID end all thread
Old 10-08-2013, 08:50 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes I meant the sf3 at 379$. Lol the one that's for his car that he paid $379.
Glad you can see my point at least. I'm not getting a brand new 5.0 I'm just upgrading possibly to a 04 GT. 150$ isn't much, but I wasn't expecting to have to dish that extra out.

Aren't there better companies for tunes that is around the same price?

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 10-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Glad you can see my point at least. I'm not getting a brand new 5.0 I'm just upgrading possibly to a 04 GT. 150$ isn't much, but I wasn't expecting to have to dish that extra out.

So it probably wasnt worth buying the tuner was it?
Old 10-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #27
ME Bloodhound
Staff

The price of the tuner included the free tunes for that car. Now that you have a different car you can get tunes from anywhere using that tuner, they will discount the price also because you already have the tuner.

HID end all thread
Old 10-09-2013, 07:47 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Punch it performance does free tunes for life, and does not charge to change the tuners to different vehicles. I bought both my tuners through them. SCT says they are they are the preferred seller/tuners for thier products. Info via a phone call directly to sct before I bought my tuners.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:37 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

We see your point and most unfortunate you didn't understand how the program works. For future reference, ask the tuning companies how exactly there program works and what does free tunes for life mean. Steeda now offers free tunes for life, however its for your CURRENT/ONE mustang. If you buy another mustang, then the free tunes are out the window. Steeda also charges 150 for there free tunes for life program if one already has a performance tuner.

There are many tuning companies out there as you ask so if your not happy with Bama, look elsewhere. MPT charges 150 for 3 tunes but not free tunes for life.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post
Punch it performance does free tunes for life, and does not charge to change the tuners to different vehicles. I bought both my tuners through them. SCT says they are they are the preferred seller/tuners for thier products. Info via a phone call directly to sct before I bought my tuners.
I think I'll looking into these guys. I remember their name from back when I was a lot more active on these forums. Only have good things to say about punch it?

Ill be modding my new stang too so ill prolly be more active soon. Prolly will look else where for my parts now tho.. I use to live and die by American muscle lol.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 10-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #31
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
V6 stang,

I can see where the confusion is coming from with our Free Tunes for Life program. I'm sorry you were given a different impression when initially ordering your Bama tuner, too. We don't intend to be misleading by any means, our intentions are to provide free tune updates for the life of the vehicle you enrolled.

The details of Bama's Free Tunes for Life program are listed in a link under the SPECS tab, within the project page. Although, I do agree it could be more obvious for new customers too. I'll have to purpose a site adjustment to the right people and see if we can add the details elsewhere, too!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'm always looking for site improvements that can be made to help prevent any issues in the future. This is a solid point and it can definitely be improved. I hope this experience didn't deter your as an AM/Bama customer either. I truly do not want to lose your business in anyway, with especially custom tunes!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
V6 stang,

I can see where the confusion is coming from with our Free Tunes for Life program. I'm sorry you were given a different impression when initially ordering your Bama tuner, too. We don't intend to be misleading by any means, our intentions are to provide free tune updates for the life of the vehicle you enrolled.

The details of Bama's Free Tunes for Life program are listed in a link under the SPECS tab, within the project page. Although, I do agree it could be more obvious for new customers too. I'll have to purpose a site adjustment to the right people and see if we can add the details elsewhere, too!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'm always looking for site improvements that can be made to help prevent any issues in the future. This is a solid point and it can definitely be improved. I hope this experience didn't deter your as an AM/Bama customer either. I truly do not want to lose your business in anyway, with especially custom tunes!

Shane
Thanks for the reply. I'm done with bama, I loved their customer service but this situation made me have a bad taste for them. I'm not very happy with AM either, since your site does promote bama and send you to them with the package of 'free tunes for life' when you buy the tuner. Obviously it's not a big deal to ya, so I'm moving on. Just going to put my money into another site. I still have the same taste that I started with when I was told this originally.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 10-11-2013, 12:42 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thanks for the reply. I'm done with bama, I loved their customer service but this situation made me have a bad taste for them. I'm not very happy with AM either, since your site does promote bama and send you to them with the package of 'free tunes for life' when you buy the tuner. Obviously it's not a big deal to ya, so I'm moving on. Just going to put my money into another site. I still have the same taste that I started with when I was told this originally.
Time to go look for other companies out there for your tunes bro.Certainly, plenty of them out there. MPT, Steeda, Lund, VMP and surely many others. No company is gonna make 100% of people happy. Again, research and ask detailed questions for future reference to the companies prior to purchasing tunes so you know what your getting into.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #34
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
I'm really sorry to hear this! Losing any of our customers is a huge deal to us. I truly want to clear the air and retain your business/loyalty. Please let me know if this is possible and what it would take. I know we'll be able to work something out between us if you're interested!

Feel free to contact me via PM or post back, whichever you feel more comfortable with.

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
^ That kind of reply and dedication to customer support, concern and service is why I am and will continue to do business with AM.
Tulsa Stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle