Roush High-Flow Lower Grille Delete (13-14 GT, V6) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle

Old 10-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Roush High-Flow Lower Grille Delete (13-14 GT, V6)

Has anyone installed one of these lower delete kits? I just got a quote from an authorized ROUSH dealer for
421393: ROUSH lower grille kit: $289.99 + $420 installation
I know you have to take the front bumper off but really $420 for installation! they said it can take 3 hours. I believe them but from what I can see via youtube and other sites removing the front bumper is not that difficult. So what am I missing to justify the $420 installation? Even on AM the list the install as easy. I will probably order from AM and install myself just wanted to see if anyone else has done this.
Thanks
Shockesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
That seems kind of high...
I will be ordering the billet grille soon and I will install it myself. I've never done a lot of work on cars but it shouldn't be to bad.
TheBlackStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:03 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackStang View Post
That seems kind of high...
I will be ordering the billet grille soon and I will install it myself. I've never done a lot of work on cars but it shouldn't be to bad.
yeah it doesn't look that bad. It would be great if someone from AM could post the install instructions to put my mind at ease. If there are any excessive modifications to the bumper I may lean towards the authorized dealer for install but highly unlikely at that price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2013, 02:10 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
That definitely seems like a lot for the install. You do have to cut some things, though:
BatmanUriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #5
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockesh View Post
Has anyone installed one of these lower delete kits? I just got a quote from an authorized ROUSH dealer for
421393: ROUSH lower grille kit: $289.99 + $420 installation
I know you have to take the front bumper off but really $420 for installation! they said it can take 3 hours. I believe them but from what I can see via youtube and other sites removing the front bumper is not that difficult. So what am I missing to justify the $420 installation? Even on AM the list the install as easy. I will probably order from AM and install myself just wanted to see if anyone else has done this.
Thanks
The installation of the Roush Lower Grille shouldn't take you much more than 45 minutes. Removing the bumper is extremely easy on the 11+ Mustangs and just has a few screws and pull clips. I've had the bumper off my 2011 GT 3 times over the last 2 months and can get it on and off in about 8-10 minutes.

Check out this detailed step by step installation guide we have for the Lower Grille. This should break down the install for you and allow you to get it done yourself.

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions about the installation and I'll gladly help you out. You can also give my CS team a call if you run into any trouble and they can walk you through the process. You can reach my CS team at the contact information in my signature!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:36 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
The installation of the Roush Lower Grille shouldn't take you much more than 45 minutes. Removing the bumper is extremely easy on the 11+ Mustangs and just has a few screws and pull clips. I've had the bumper off my 2011 GT 3 times over the last 2 months and can get it on and off in about 8-10 minutes. Check out this detailed step by step installation guide we have for the Lower Grille. This should break down the install for you and allow you to get it done yourself. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions about the installation and I'll gladly help you out. You can also give my CS team a call if you run into any trouble and they can walk you through the process. You can reach my CS team at the contact information in my signature! -Dan
Thanks Dan but that's the wrong lower grille. I am looking for the lower grille delete kit. http://www.americanmuscle.com/roush-...lete-1314.html
Old 10-17-2013, 01:20 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanUriah View Post
That definitely seems like a lot for the install. You do have to cut some things, though:
yeah I saw this video. Unfortunately I am looking to,do,the new delete grille,that Roush offers which requires removing the front bumper. See link: http://www.americanmuscle.com/roush-...lete-1314.html
Old 02-12-2014, 01:51 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Installation Instructions.

I felt the need to revive this thread since I'm currently interested in whats involved with the installation of the 2013 Mustang Roush lower grill delete. I've went to the ends of the internet to find a PDF for this installation and came up short. I finally called Roush and had them send me a PDF with instructions on how to install this unit. Here ya go...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1313-17K945-AB Lower Mouth 9-20-2013RA-1.pdf (3.19 MB, 581 views)
Old 02-16-2014, 08:35 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Can't believe I never saw this thread last year.

I had the Roush high flow upper/lower installed with the Roush fogs and it cost me $450 for everything installed by a Roush authorized dealer.

The fogs were probably the hardest with having to cut and use a big template and the instructions were like 22 pages long.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1392561217.782335.jpg
Views:	2454
Size:	667.5 KB
ID:	147966

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1392561255.206577.jpg
Views:	519
Size:	706.1 KB
ID:	147967
Clink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:01 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
While I didn't install the fog lights, I did do the upper and lower grille myself with basic hand tools and a razor blade in 1 hr. $450 is just ridiculous. Even a novice to working on cars can easily do this mod.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 01:32 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
What an awesome look!

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:10 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
While I didn't install the fog lights, I did do the upper and lower grille myself with basic hand tools and a razor blade in 1 hr. $450 is just ridiculous. Even a novice to working on cars can easily do this mod.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

AJcruz1, the lower grill is easier to install than the lower grill delete. I am still debating on doing your grill or the lower grill delete. But the install is not the same. But it does look good with the one you went with.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle