2013 Hood Struts - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 10-24-2013, 12:17 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
2013 Hood Struts

Have had the MMD Bolton strut kit on for a
Month or so now and finally realized today that my wiper fluid line got pinched. Wondering where other people have placed the line after it was moved from the hood strut, thanks!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-562704378.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	364.5 KB
ID:	133697
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I zip tied mine on the left side of the strut so it wouldnt get pinched
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:09 AM   #3
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Zip ting is a good option to keep the washer line clear of the hood struts. I noticed your washier line is also wrapped around the hood strut too. I'd disconnect the strut and make sure it's not wrapped around before remounting. Then you shouldn't have anymore problems.

Give this a shot and let me know how it goes!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2013, 10:43 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds good! I'll try a zip tie don't know why I didn't just do that the first time. Live and ya learn!
Old 10-28-2013, 09:31 AM   #5
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by acornsmoke View Post
Sounds good! I'll try a zip tie don't know why I didn't just do that the first time. Live and ya learn!
Hey man no worries. If this is considered a bad mistake, I think you're making out pretty good lol. I've certainly done worse and looked back at the mistake going - "what hell was I thinking?!"

Let me know how you made out this weekend with getting the line secured and tucked away!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 10-28-2013, 03:14 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
Hey man no worries. If this is considered a bad mistake, I think you're making out pretty good lol. I've certainly done worse and looked back at the mistake going - "what hell was I thinking?!" Let me know how you made out this weekend with getting the line secured and tucked away! Shane
we'll 13$ later from auto zone and they work again, doesn't look the best but they work.

Name:	image-3734460605.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	384.2 KB
ID:	134253
Old 10-29-2013, 10:51 AM   #7
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Were you not able to un-pinch the original washer line enough for the fluid to get by? I'm surprised you had to cut the factory line and replace it.

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 10-29-2013, 10:52 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Were you not able to un-pinch the original washer line enough for the fluid to get by? I'm surprised you had to cut the factory line and replace it. Shane
nope, that line was pinched shut! It was kinked for probably over a month before I realized they weren't even working, so by then they were done /:
Old 10-29-2013, 02:03 PM   #9
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Ouch, that clamp is a real eye sore... I can't let you look at that every time you pop your hood! The whole point of the MMD hood struts is to have a cleaner engine bay to show off and of course the ease of lifting the hood.

How about this- if you pick up the correct OEM replacement line/fittings from your local Ford Dealer, I'll cover the cost of the receipt. I feel bad this happened because one of our products. On top of that, I appreciate you accepting responsibility with zero fuss. That shows class! All the more reason I'd like to get you taken care of.

I just sent you a PM with my direct email address. Send a pic of the receipt whenever you get a chance.

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 10-29-2013, 02:13 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I u*****g love AM!!! Sorry for the language, but your customer service is amongst the BEST!
02GTvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:14 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ouch, that clamp is a real eye sore... I can't let you look at that every time you pop your hood! The whole point of the MMD hood struts is to have a cleaner engine bay to show off and of course the ease of lifting the hood. How about this- if you pick up the correct OEM replacement line/fittings from your local Ford Dealer, I'll cover the cost of the receipt. I feel bad this happened because one of our products. On top of that, I appreciate you accepting responsibility with zero fuss. That shows class! All the more reason I'd like to get you taken care of. I just sent you a PM with my direct email address. Send a pic of the receipt whenever you get a chance. Shane
Ahhh Shane, you're the best, and this is the exact reason why we all love AM. you guys are the absolute best!
Old 10-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Speechless. Hats off to you Shane and the guys at AM. Best customer service I've ever seen.
Bschmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:17 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Not posting to criticize anyone in their choice of aftermarket products but, the above feedback is one of the reasons why I chose Redline struts instead. No gawdy brackets, no hood hinge mounting and no unsightly zip-ties or possible washer fluid supply line damage. Yes, Redlines are much longer than the MMDs, but they're tremendously stout and a breeze to install.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00003.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	134417  
Missouri Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:10 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

dont know how you can say that a black 3 " zip tie around a black hose and black strut with the end trimmed off is an unsightly eyesore? I can assure you that when I open my hood people dont notice that ziptie, AM is awesome..!
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:20 AM   #15
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Thanks for all the kind words guys! I appreciate the support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acornsmoke View Post
Ahhh Shane, you're the best, and this is the exact reason why we all love AM. you guys are the absolute best!
No problem man! I'm glad to have you as a loyal customer.

Also, I forgot that on 11+ Mustangs you don't have to zip tire the line to the strut either. On the engine side of the strut mount, there's a small factory cut hole, in which you can pop one of those factory push-tree mounts into. It will keep the line free of the bottom of the strut and look like a factory fit.

If you can't picture what I'm referring too, I'll grab a pic of one of our AM company cars or an employee's car!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle