Axle backs? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 10-31-2013, 09:02 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Axle backs?

I've been very indecisive about what axle backs to get, 1st I was thinking Roush, then GT500's, now I can't decide between RTR axle backs, or the FRPP GT500's, I do like how they are a lot less expensive than the RTR's. Other than that, I'm stuck.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Boss quad exhaust h pipe with quad GT500s would probably sound sick. I almost did that but I bought the Pypes super system instead. If I ever get my car back I'll install them
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131031_220834.png
Views:	93
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	134740  
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:11 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
Boss quad exhaust h pipe with quad GT500s would probably sound sick. I almost did that but I bought the Pypes super system instead. If I ever get my car back I'll install them
I'd love a quad exhaust, but I don't want to cut my bumper, and I don't think my parents would spend the money to get a rear valence to allow quad exhaust... If they would, my exhaust would be an easy choice, quad GT500.

So I'm stuck between the RTR or FRPP GT500
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2013, 09:15 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I'd love a quad exhaust, but I don't want to cut my bumper, and I don't think my parents would spend the money to get a rear valence to allow quad exhaust... If they would, my exhaust would be an easy choice, quad GT500.

So I'm stuck between the RTR or FRPP GT500
Get the GT500 in my opinion. But the boss h pipe side quad exhaust makes it sound 10000x better lol
Old 10-31-2013, 09:23 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
Get the GT500 in my opinion. But the boss h pipe side quad exhaust makes it sound 10000x better lol
Drone? I've heard both of these have very little to no drone, and the RTR is louder, and has the black tips I like, if I decide on those, I'll save up for the entire RTR appearance package, we have an RTR dealer about 25 minutes away.

But I've also heard the FRPP GT500's a friend has, dang those sound nice, and I've never heard the RTR's
Old 10-31-2013, 09:27 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Drone? I've heard both of these have very little to no drone, and the RTR is louder, and has the black tips I like, if I decide on those, I'll save up for the entire RTR appearance package, we have an RTR dealer about 25 minutes away.

But I've also heard the FRPP GT500's a friend has, dang those sound nice, and I've never heard the RTR's
Rtr is a waste of money lol
Old 10-31-2013, 09:27 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Just use the search bar on YouTube. That's pretty much how we all decided what exhaust to order. It's not a turbo kit, just a cat back lol. If you don't like it, sell it and get another .
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:29 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
Just use the search bar on YouTube. That's pretty much how we all decided what exhaust to order. It's not a turbo kit, just a cat back lol. If you don't like it, sell it and get another .
I've tried to, but most of the ones I see are either crappy quality, or sitting still, and last time I tried, I found very little of the RTR's.

Can someone bring dan or Shane in here, I'd like to get their opinions also...
Old 10-31-2013, 09:37 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Just do it dude. Everyone's opinion is subjective. Asking for opinions on whether or not YOU will like the tone of a certain exhaust is like asking a blind person to choose a painting for you. It might be good for everyone else, but you might feel differently. Sounds to me like you're already set on the rtr kit. Just go for it. All axle backs will result in a dramatic change of tone and amplitude in sound, so you'll be pleased either way you go.

I'm pretty sure you could just email them if you have questions.
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:38 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
Just do it dude. Everyone's opinion is subjective. Asking for opinions on whether or not YOU will like the tone of a certain exhaust is like asking a blind person to choose a painting for you. It might be good for everyone else, but you might feel differently. Sounds to me like you're already set on the rtr kit. Just go for it. All axle backs will result in a dramatic change of tone and amplitude in sound, so you'll be pleased either way you go. I'm pretty sure you could just email them if you have questions.
I'm not set in the AB's, but I do like the rest of the kit.

I was just wondering what they would have to say, since AM offers both.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #11
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
If it's in your budget, the RTR axleback is a sweet option. They sound throaty, with little to no drone, and have a wicked looking tips. Personally, I prefer to make my Mustangs stand out from others, too. I'm not sure about you since you live next to an RTR dealer, but I rarely see RTR exhaust on 11+ GT's.

The GT500 axlebacks are a solid choice too. They produce a similar tone to the RTR axleback, just a little quieter, but produce zero drone. It's a great exhaust for the cost, quality and tone.

Anyways, I think Fender868 nailed it. Go with what you're happy with and what you feel is the best. Everyone has different opinions!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:54 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
If it's in your budget, the RTR axleback is a sweet option. They sound throaty, with little to no drone, and have a wicked looking tips. Personally, I prefer to make my Mustangs stand out from others, too. I'm not sure about you since you live next to an RTR dealer, but I rarely see RTR exhaust on 11+ GT's. The GT500 axlebacks are a solid choice too. They produce a similar tone to the RTR axleback, just a little quieter, but produce zero drone. It's a great exhaust for the cost, quality and tone. Anyways, I think Fender868 nailed it. Go with what you're happy with and what you feel is the best. Everyone has different opinions! Shane
Thank you for the input Shane, I will probably just save up for the RTR package at a local dealer, because we have one that offers the package about 25 minutes away. I haven't seen any RTR Mustangs near me, btw.but any other parts I order will be from AM, I appreciate the response.

Never mind about the whole package, I thought MSRP was 3.5K, not 6K, I'll just order the parts off of AM, probably way less expensive.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #13
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Sounds good! Hit me up if you need any assistance or haven't received our Forum Discount code yet. I'd be happy to hook you up!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 11-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sounds good! Hit me up if you need any assistance or haven't received our Forum Discount code yet. I'd be happy to hook you up! Shane
Thank you Shane, can you send me a PM with the discount? Also, can that be used with price match?
Old 11-04-2013, 11:37 AM   #15
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Just sent you a PM with the code! Please keep it to yourself and do not share it.

The Forum Discount code can only be used by itself and not paired with any other discounts. It goes the for Price Matching too. However, you do have the choice of picking between the two depending on the situation, so we'll always have the best prices available.

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 11-04-2013, 11:57 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just sent you a PM with the code! Please keep it to yourself and do not share it. The Forum Discount code can only be used by itself and not paired with any other discounts. It goes the for Price Matching too. However, you do have the choice of picking between the two depending on the situation, so we'll always have the best prices available. Shane
never mind the last part of my PM back, I just saw where it can't be coupled with price match. thanks Shane.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle