Interesting question for AM reps. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle

Old 11-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I have currently bought all my mods from AM and very happy with the service and products. But I have question about some of the more popular products and their prices. First off I noticed that only the matte black color stripes are significantly more expensive than the other colors? Then I noticed that my build list price went up with out adding anything else to it but I soon realized that for some reason the most popular ford racing gear ratio, 3.73, also went up compared to all other ratios? I love you guys but why are the more popular items going up compared to the rest? Is this a trend we can start to expext? While the gears are only 15$ more than the others, the stripes are considerably higher.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2013, 11:16 PM   #2
JDM
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Probably basic economics, supply & demand.
JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:11 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I'd have to agree with you to a certain point. On cjpony the 3.73s and 4.10s are $164.99, while all other ratios are $185.99. (Ford racing). Its all good though I understand that prices must eventually go up and the 6% forum discount does help out was just wondering if there was any specific reason for it
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2013, 10:15 AM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
I have currently bought all my mods from AM and very happy with the service and products. But I have question about some of the more popular products and their prices. First off I noticed that only the matte black color stripes are significantly more expensive than the other colors? Then I noticed that my build list price went up with out adding anything else to it but I soon realized that for some reason the most popular ford racing gear ratio, 3.73, also went up compared to all other ratios? I love you guys but why are the more popular items going up compared to the rest? Is this a trend we can start to expext? While the gears are only 15$ more than the others, the stripes are considerably higher.
All of the prices you see on our site are subject to change. We're constantly running different Sales, Promotions etc.. so it's not uncommon for an item to go down in price (and then when it goes back up it seems like we raised the price a lot). It however is uncommon for an item to just go up in price for no reason!

We'll always do whatever we can to make sure all of our customers are in good hands. So if we're more expensive than our competitors and the 6% discount doesn't make us the cheapest, we can price match.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:43 PM   #5
Toy
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
I'd have to agree with you to a certain point. On cjpony the 3.73s and 4.10s are $164.99, while all other ratios are $185.99. (Ford racing). Its all good though I understand that prices must eventually go up and the 6% forum discount does help out was just wondering if there was any specific reason for it
Op, if you come back across this thread, all gears are about the same. There are only a few manufactures of gears which most are just re-branded. I know spicer makes theres, but quite sure ford but I betting they don't. Same goes for axle shaft unless you run across a few custom places.
Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:17 AM   #6
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy View Post
Op, if you come back across this thread, all gears are about the same. There are only a few manufactures of gears which most are just re-branded. I know spicer makes theres, but quite sure ford but I betting they don't. Same goes for axle shaft unless you run across a few custom places.
There are alot of gear manufacturers who get things made from the same suppliers for them, but there's a reason why people go with Ford Racing gears in their Mustangs. They set-up properly with the right amount of backlash and usually very few shims. The pattern is usually very simple to get right. Because of the fact that they don't make much noise (or no noise at all) when properly installed, they have an edge-up on the competitors.

As for the pricing of them, we are constantly adjusting pricing based on input from the manufacturers. We have to stick to their pricing policies, so alot of times we're not able to determine how cheap we can sell it to you. We're always looking to offer the best price and service possible, so let us know if there are other things we can do to gain your business.

We always offer free same-day shipping, BizRate platinum customer service, free returns and we'll bend-over-backwards to make our customers happy.
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764 | Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
Need Help? PM AMAlexLazarus for immediate assistance!
AMChrisRose is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle