Pinhole in new wheels, normal? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 11-15-2013, 09:29 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
So cleaning up my wheels the other day at my buddies garage, and I realize something a bit weird, in what I can see in 2-3 of the rims appears to be a small pinhole that you can stick a safety pin barely in, my buddy has the same set of wheels so decided to check his out thoroughly and couldn't find any of the same pin holes, just wondering if anyone has seen this before or if there's a bad batch of these like this or what..what you guys think about it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3130322486.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	417.9 KB
ID:	136578   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3733492995.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	374.5 KB
ID:	136579  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone?
Old 11-15-2013, 01:03 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
i highly doubt its supposed to be there. i had a million and one problems with my rim/tire package. not this specific one but it seems like alotta bad rims got sent to AM lately. give them a call and they'll send you some new ones.
TorchRed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchRed6 View Post
i highly doubt its supposed to be there. i had a million and one problems with my rim/tire package. not this specific one but it seems like alotta bad rims got sent to AM lately. give them a call and they'll send you some new ones.
Yea I've been thinking that but the only problem with than id have to pay a shop to re mount my tires and rims ya know?..and in all honesty , I broke the bank for these wheels/tires lol
Old 11-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I may go about trying to possibly fill it myself, but atleast want AM to acknowledge that they may possibly have a bad batch and get back to me about it, I always come here and talk to AM reps before I call, but they seem to be a bit busy or something I messaged an AM rep a few days ago got one response but than stopped responding.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:12 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Defect. They should have pinholes as much as you should have six fingers
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:15 PM   #7
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Are you building a Vegas super show car? I wouldn't worry about something so small. You don't even wanna know the issues I had with mine.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Are you building a Vegas super show car? I wouldn't worry about something so small. You don't even wanna know the issues I had with mine.
No I'm not, but I did not pay what I paid for some pinholes in my rims..it's more principle than anything, I'm not stressing over it, but I could see how something like that could eventually cause a problem with possible corrosion or something, like i said, I'll most likely end up filling it somehow soon, just thought I'd like to let AM know the problem, but none of the reps have been here to acknowledge me or this thread...again I don't have a problem with AM, never have, they always take care of me and are the best I've dealt with, but for me this is my biggest/ most exciting purchase for me, I see the pinholes, I KNOW they are there, so I see them everytime I look at the rims , it's just the way I am..

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Defect. They should have pinholes as much as you should have six fingers
Yep figured lol
Old 11-16-2013, 09:32 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8pony View Post
Yea I've been thinking that but the only problem with than id have to pay a shop to re mount my tires and rims ya know?..and in all honesty , I broke the bank for these wheels/tires lol
nope.fax over a copy of your shop receipt and they'll reimburse.
TorchRed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:47 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchRed6 View Post
nope.fax over a copy of your shop receipt and they'll reimburse.
Yea like I said I may try to fill it myself somehow, I just moved into a new place, and took extra overtime at work, so right now money and time are extremely tight for me, the past few weeks have been nothing but wake up, work, eat, sleep lol nothing else...i do wish I would have noticed before I put all wheels on because I would have initially called and got them swapped immediately, but now being on the car and tires having some 100 miles on them that's out of the question.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:56 AM   #11
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
So cleaning up my wheels the other day at my buddies garage, and I realize something a bit weird, in what I can see in 2-3 of the rims appears to be a small pinhole that you can stick a safety pin barely in, my buddy has the same set of wheels so decided to check his out thoroughly and couldn't find any of the same pin holes, just wondering if anyone has seen this before or if there's a bad batch of these like this or what..what you guys think about it?
Hey,

I'm sorry to hear about the wheels! I completely understand your frustration, even if it's just a pin hole, it's not supposed to be there on brand new rims. First things first, I'll have the defective wheels replaced and I'll make sure that we reimburse you the cost of getting the tire broken down and re-mounted on the new wheels.

We haven't had any returns on our wheels recently that would throw a red flag, which would result in us ripping open some boxes of that specific wheel to make sure it's not a common issue. However, it sounds like I need to do this here! I'm going to head over to the warehouse and hand pick your wheels myself. I'll check for pin holes and make sure it's good to go. I'll also open a bunch of wheels to make sure there's not any sort of bad batch.

In my honest opinion, it sounds like you just got unlucky and received a defective set. I apologize for the inconvenience! However, we'll always bend over backwards to make sure you guys are in good hands and taken care of. Please shoot me a PM with your order number included and I'll have our CS manager reach out to you directly and make sure this is taken care of!

I look forward to hearing from you..

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:31 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Update. AM has reached out to me and have more than fixed and acknowledge my situation, they went out of there way to take care of me and more..thanks for always going the extra mile for us, Dan thanks for everything and thanks to AM for running one truly great company!
Old 11-20-2013, 12:45 PM   #13
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Update. AM has reached out to me and have more than fixed and acknowledge my situation, they went out of there way to take care of me and more..thanks for always going the extra mile for us, Dan thanks for everything and thanks to AM for running one truly great company!
Thanks for the kind words! It was my pleasure helping out out. Thanks for being a great and loyal customer, we really appreciate it!

We'll always do whatever is necessary to make sure all of our customers and friends here at MustangEvolution are in good hands!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle