Attn american muscle......need help asap. - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 11-16-2013, 12:31 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I can completely understand your frustration but most companies that I've dealt with would either bill me instantly for the replacement "whatever" and give me credit once I returned the damaged/defective one or they made me return the damaged/defective one before they would even think about sending out a replacement. So you have to give AM credit for sending out the part without hesitation. Maybe you can barrow some money from someone until the credit gets issued, I can't imagine it being more than 5 days.

Hope things work out for you.
Xedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2013, 12:41 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
It's the weekend dude. I'm sure they are waiting by their computer to send your refund the minute you drop your shiz at the UPS. Hit the binget and relax.
Kona Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:55 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xedes View Post
I can completely understand your frustration but most companies that I've dealt with would either bill me instantly for the replacement "whatever" and give me credit once I returned the damaged/defective one or they made me return the damaged/defective one before they would even think about sending out a replacement. So you have to give AM credit for sending out the part without hesitation. Maybe you can barrow some money from someone until the credit gets issued, I can't imagine it being more than 5 days.

Hope things work out for you.
Thank you.
RIstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2013, 03:20 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIstang View Post
Thank you. They said it themselves they don't necessary need to wait for it to come to there warehouse. Just showing it was dropped off. Problem is that money is for a bill and my other company not going give two craps there going want there money. I depend on all my money I'm not rich. I'm just trying to survive at my age I have to many things depending on me like my family. I was recently laid off from my work.
Alright, I have empathy for your dilemma, BUT, you, and a lot of you guys , need to set your priorities straight. If things are so financially "tight" for you that paying your bills is dependent on the return of a cheap, piece of *****, Chinese made pair of headlights, then you need to reevaluate your budget.
Your family comes first and that DOES NOT include buying unnecessary crap for your car if you don't have a reserve or a hell of a good back up plan for emergencies such as the one that has occurred.
I'm positive that AM will make good on any return that they agreed to...
Once they recieve the merchandise.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:45 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

^ + 100
Clink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:19 PM   #41
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I'm with AM on this one

The OP needs to know how things work.
AM did not say they would not replace the item.
They did not wreck the OP'c Mustang.
They did send him the item. Of course they did not have his return so they charged him and stated they would give him a refund when he did his part of returning the item. ( how would they know if the light was not destroyed in the accident)

Who can't get access to a computer now-A-Days.??????????

As far as I can see is American Muscle did there part in a professional fast way and the OP did not do what everybody knows what needs to be done in a return situation such as this. Sending the item back in a timely manner.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:53 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Rhode Island
[QUOTE="ronnie948;1861236"]The OP needs to know how things work.
AM did not say they would not replace the item.
They did not wreck the OP'c Mustang.
They did send him the item. Of course they did not have his return so they charged him and stated they would give him a refund when he did his part of returning the item. ( how would they know if the light was not destroyed in the accident)

Who can't get access to a computer now-A-Days.??????????

As far as I can see is American Muscle did there part in a professional fast way and the OP did not do what everybody knows what needs to be done in a return situation such as this. Sending the item back in a timely manner.

They knew what was going on! And understanding what happened! Also if you knew how am worked you would know you have to send them pictures of tge lights ! So try to amused something else!
RIstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Gonna have to say I'm with. Team AM here. According to ur story (Which I do believe), AM is 100% in the right. You gotta understand that they run a business, not a charity. All they are doing is covering their "lost" product until you definitely prove to them that you are not scamming them.
Not sure why you are on this tyrant when they are helping you out here. You can always go to the body shop and get the part, or borrow a computer from a friend or family member or library or kinkos or office Max or.......
And yes, when bills are tight, maybe think about not ordering chit for ur car. IN fact, it should be listed in auto trader by now.
Gl.
Troy

Btw. If this is your worst experience with a company, you may want to check out now....it WILL get worse son.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:35 PM   #44
Road Trip!

Attachment 136683

2 ways to get to a computer and printer without having one
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
Hmmm... The dilemma. ME's policy is to not allow threads that bash the forums sponsors but with all these positive comments regarding AM I'm not sure it's so negative after all.
Seems more pro AM than AM bashing now.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Lmao. This is the biggest joke ever! I hate stupid *** customers!! People now a days think they deserve to be treated like royalty..GTFOH!
Old 11-16-2013, 02:58 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
Lmao. This is the biggest joke ever! I hate stupid *** customers!! People now a days think they deserve to be treated like royalty..GTFOH!
^+1000
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Pretty sure the guy in Walmart behind me earlier bought a lawn mower today... Mowed his lawn... And then was bringing it back.... Reason I assume this, I asked him what was wrong with it and he said nothing runs great. Just don't need it anymore. And I waited and watched him return it. Now. That being said. American muscle does not match the same return policy as Walmart. But I'm pretty sure they are a close second in return policy. That is all. Carry on. Thought id share my very interesting story. •_•
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpost08 View Post
Pretty sure the guy in Walmart behind me earlier bought a lawn mower today... Mowed his lawn... And then was bringing it back.... Reason I assume this, I asked him what was wrong with it and he said nothing runs great. Just don't need it anymore. And I waited and watched him return it. Now. That being said. American muscle does not match the same return policy as Walmart. But I'm pretty sure they are a close second in return policy. That is all. Carry on. Thought id share my very interesting story. •_•
It's companies like Walmart that r ruining people & making them think they can get anything they want by simply complaining a little bit & boom free/discounted stuff because customers always come 1st!
Old 11-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Wow...
Old 11-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Yep walmarts great, people that complain about it are just pissed off it's cheaper than any other of there mom and pop stores, sorry but in this economy, a penny saved is a penny earned, I'll save my money and go to walmart ANYDAY.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:26 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
+1, Lmao sooooo true!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:46 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Alright, I have empathy for your dilemma, BUT, you, and a lot of you guys , need to set your priorities straight. If things are so financially "tight" for you that paying your bills is dependent on the return of a cheap, piece of *****, Chinese made pair of headlights, then you need to reevaluate your budget.
Quote:
+1000
BlueApollo4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:57 PM   #54
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8pony View Post
Yep walmarts great, people that complain about it are just pissed off it's cheaper than any other of there mom and pop stores, sorry but in this economy, a penny saved is a penny earned, I'll save my money and go to walmart ANYDAY.
Quality vs quantity... I'll pick quality any day..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:01 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac View Post

Quality vs quantity... I'll pick quality any day..
Depends how you look at it. I'd rather pay 50¢ for a light bulb at walmart than 1$ somewhere else! But I'd rather pay more for a north american built engine then a China built.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIstang View Post
Reason I haven't responded because when I wrote this I came off a 12 hour shift.

So what happened is this past July I ordered raxiom smoked out halo headlights. Which in two months they burned out so I called for a replacement. So the day before the replacement came to my house I was in a really bad car accident.( still going to therapy) So I went out of my way to make sure to call them and informed them that my car was in a accident and there was no way of switching out the broken headlights till I get my car back. So they told me that's no problem so for the next month and half my car was in the shop. I was letting them know still haven't got my car back. So they said call us soon as I do. Well got my car back little more then a week ago. I called them they we're sending a return label which I never got they we're sending a physical one because I have no access to a computer and a printer. So I called them today because of a email I got this morning while still at work saying I was charged the full amount of the headlights again. They we're telling me there noting they can do to refund my money back money I need. Until they get the lights back. I have done everything ask of me and was waiting on them and I get screwed! So today I had them send me a label via email and was fortunate have a friend from out of state meet up with me with a printed label. So I was able to drop them off. Which was before noon today and it shows they we're dropped off! And they said they refund soon as they see it and as of right now still no refund!

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

Don't see how I would get freebies? Lmfao
So you DO or DON'T have access to a computer. Pretty sure you said you "didn't" have access to one but you received an email at work. SO why didn't you have them send you the return label and just print it? All you had to do then was tape it on the box.

Do you have a library in your town? Pretty sure they have computers that you can use. You must have an email address, otherwise AM couldn't have sent you an email.

Are you really that S***id? Just because you put a package in the mail doesn't mean the headlights are in the package.

They will refund your money when the receive the package and verify the lights are inside.

2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

So you DO or DON'T have access to a computer. Pretty sure you said you "didn't" have access to one but you received an email at work. SO why didn't you have them send you the return label and just print it? All you had to do then was tape it on the box.

Do you have a library in your town? Pretty sure they have computers that you can use. You must have an email address, otherwise AM couldn't have sent you an email.

Are you really that S***id? Just because you put a package in the mail doesn't mean the headlights are in the package.

They will refund your money when the receive the package and verify the lights are inside.

+1.... A little harsh but very true! My wife prints what I need from her work. My printer has been out of ink for a while.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:06 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
+1.... A little harsh but very true! My wife prints what I need from her work. My printer has been out of ink for a while.
Ink cost more than a new printer half the time. I just wait from printers to go on sale and buy a new one. Ink cost to much. Lol. Although when you buy a printer. It's ink is only half full.
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Ink cost more than a new printer half the time. I just wait from printers to go on sale and buy a new one. Ink cost to much. Lol. Although when you buy a printer. It's ink is only half full.
I use to get the regular capacity ink cartridges. Those give me like 100-125 prints black and white.

I got sick of always having to swap out I went with the high capacity cartridge and hell so far I printed at least 200-225 pages. And I think these cost just less than 2x reg cartridges. Canon printers.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:20 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You could always return it at Wallyworld and get a brand new one with ink! 8) j/k, couldn't resist!
Troy
Old 11-16-2013, 11:04 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

See how those return policies work after they've ran all the rest out of business. I used to spend 10k a year there. Now I spend an extra $20 in gas to go to another town. Bought my boy a bike there, the damn Chinese steel snapped in half on the goose neck giving him some pretty good road rash. Wal Mart refused to refund or replace. I'll never spend another dime on ther Chinese chit.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #62
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
RIstang,

I feel terrible the way everything worked out with the return process of your headlights! Being that you voiced your concern/situation over the phone to us, I completely agree there should've never been a second charge added to your account.

Although, I don't think the additional charge was placed by someone who was aware of the situation. It was most likely one of our employee's who checks up on our return & warranty exchange shipments, and missed the notes regarding your situation. Now that is where we clearly dropped the ball!

Normally during a warranty exchange, we set a 30 day waiting period for the defective product. Once 30+ days pass and we haven't heard from the customer, a charge is placed for the second return product. Also, when a returned product does arrive to our Warehouse, it usually takes a few business days to be processed in our system. This is necessary since each and every part returned is inspected before proceeding to the next step.

As I mentioned above, this issue still shouldn't have happened in your particular situation since you checked in multiple times over the phone with us. I'm truly sorry for the miscommunication on our part. I'd certainly like to get this straightened out for you ASAP!

Send me a PM with your First/Last name, address, and order number (if you have it). I'll have your card credited back for the headlights today, regardless if they've arrived or have been checked at our Warehouse yet!

I know it doesn't help the situation much, but I'd like to hook you up with some AM swag too. Include your tshirt & sweatshirt size in the PM. Plus, if there's anything else I can help you with, just let me know!

Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowGT View Post
No problems with am here I've dealt with wheels not getting ordered and ended up shipping them back with a penny out of my pocket. Only thing I could say is that my tuner cord broke so I called am they told me to call sct and that where I had problems they weren't bad just flow I sent my tuber in and they never contacted me saying they received it or when they shipped it back they never told me then I got it back and didn't work so I sent it back and they never said they got it and then I called it's been over 2 months that they've had it and they said they already sent it back then I called again and another one said they still have it and are still working on it. They've had it since September. That's the second time I sent it back first time was before September. Still don't got it they are horrible with contacting about shipping and stuff I was told they were gonna call me in the morning out I never hit a call so I called them. Pretty angry about it since it's a $600 tuner and a damn cord broke so they have it's for two months. They still better have my stock tune on there.
1lowGT,

In the text above you mention the SCT tuner was shipped out to get fixed. Did you ship it to us or SCT? If it was sent to SCT and you're still waiting on them, I'd be happy to contact them and see what's going on. Maybe we'll be able to speed things up!

If SCT claims the tuner is damaged, needs extensive work and the tuner was recently purchased, I'll have a new tuner sent to your door directly from SCT. This way they'll be able to transfer your stock file onto the new tuner.

We'll figure things out one way or another. Waiting two months is terrible!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:06 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
RIstang, I feel terrible the way everything worked out with the return process of your headlights! Being that you voiced your concern/situation over the phone to us, I completely agree there should've never been a second charge added to your account. Although, I don't think the additional charge was placed by someone who was aware of the situation. It was most likely one of our employee's who checks up on all of our return & warranty exchange shipments, and missed the notes regarding your situation in our system. Now that is where we clearly dropped the ball! Normally during a warranty exchange, we set a 30 day waiting period for the defective product. Once 30+ days pass and we haven't heard from the customer, a charge is placed for the second return product. Also, when a returned product does arrive to our Warehouse, it usually takes a few days to be processed in our system. This is necessary since each and every part returned is inspected before proceeding to the next step. As I mentioned above, this still shouldn't have happened in your particular situation since you checked in multiple times over the phone with us. I'm truly sorry for the miscommunication on our part. I'd certainly like to get this straightened out for you ASAP! Send me a PM with your First/Last name, address, and order number (if you have it). I'll have your card credited back for the headlights today, regardless if they've arrived or have been checked at our Warehouse yet! I know it doesn't help the situation much, but I'd like to hook you up with some AM swag too. Include your tshirt & sweatshirt size in the PM. Plus, if there's anything else I can help you with, just let me know! Shane 1lowGT, In the text above you mention the SCT tuner was shipped out to get fixed. Did you ship it to us or SCT? If it was sent to SCT and you're still waiting on them, I'd be happy to contact them and see what's going on. Maybe we'll be able to speed things up! If SCT claims the tuner is damaged and need extensive work and the tuner was recently purchased, I'll have a new tuner sent to your door directly from SCT. This way they'll be able to transfer your stock file onto the new tuner. We'll figure things out one way or another. Waiting two months is terrible! Shane
Now that's what I call CS
Old 11-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #64
Road Trip!

Quote:
Now that's what I call CS
Like we all knew they would lol
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
Like we all knew they would lol
Yep looks like OP got what he wanted....free stuff lol
Old 11-18-2013, 10:22 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

<<<<<<<<<< even more impressed than before!
Troy
Old 11-18-2013, 10:37 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
And they go above and beyond once more! <-- it's why I love these guys.
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I've always had great experience with AM for the last 2 years I've been buying from them. I've had a few minor SNAFU, but they have always made it right. I'll be making a 3k $ order within the next four months and I'm sure everything will be as expected.

To all the great people at AM! Thank you.

Dan M.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:55 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

I had a minor hiccup with AM, they went above and beyond what you would expect a co to do to rectify the problem.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Yeah these guys shipped out a replacement the same day of calling and were very professional about it.
Thatdude156 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle