Awesome Idea for AM! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 11-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #1
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Awesome Idea for AM!

Ok so this idea struck me last night and I thought it would be something a lot of people would be interested in.

American Muscle should offer something like a loadable card, kind of like what Starbucks does. A card that does not have a specific value but you can add money to it whenever and has no limit. And maybe even establish a rewards system, like how every drink from Starbucks you get a star, then after 12 stars you get a free one, something along those lines.

Think about it, a lot of us always try to save up over periods of time for parts. What better way than having a card we can load money onto at any time? We won't have to try to set it away, but then maybe using it on something else while you are still saving up. All we have to do is transfer money from our bank account to the card and then it will stay there until we are ready to buy something.

Then to keep things interesting there can be a points system, so like if you buy something worth x amount it correlates with x amount of points, then you can redeem points for certain stuff, whether it is something like a $25 off coupon or a free shirt or something.

I'm sure this is something that can benefit both American Muscle and its loyal customers.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2013, 03:31 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
You are a genius. AM should do this, I'm sure this would be great for the company and their customers.
I'd nearly always have some money on it, maybe not enough for parts, but I'd still have some on it. Like right now I'm keeping 125 saved up for the RTR axle backs... Still have a way to go on that...

I'm sure others on here, and mustang owners in general, would appreciate it if AM does it.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
You are a genius. AM should do this, I'm sure this would be great for the company and their customers.
I'd nearly always have some money on it, maybe not enough for parts, but I'd still have some on it. Like right now I'm keeping 125 saved up for the RTR axle backs... Still have a way to go on that...

I'm sure others on here, and mustang owners in general, would appreciate it if AM does it.
Exactly, i'm guessing that 125 you have right now is in your bank account? Anything can happen if its still there and you may lose track of it if other things come up. With a card like the one I talked about you can be sure that the money is there for mustang parts.

HID end all thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2013, 03:43 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Exactly, i'm guessing that 125 you have right now is in your bank account? Anything can happen if its still there and you may lose track of it if other things come up. With a card like the one I talked about you can be sure that the money is there for mustang parts.
I have it in my room in an envelope marked "RTR Exhaust"
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #5
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
This is a terrible idea. I have enough trouble NOT spending money at AM as it is! Thank God they haven't opened an app, then you'd be able to transfer money from your bank to the card using the app on your mobile device. I'd be living on the streets faster then my mustang could run the quarter mile.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #6
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
This is a terrible idea. I have enough trouble NOT spending money at AM as it is! Thank God they haven't opened an app, then you'd be able to transfer money from your bank to the card using the app on your mobile device. I'd be living on the streets faster then my mustang could run the quarter mile.
Let me rephrase that... It would be a good idea for those who have this thing called self control lol

HID end all thread
Old 11-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #7
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Let me rephrase that... It would be a good idea for those who have this thing called self control lol
Yeah what's that?
Old 11-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #8
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
It's a good idea but it's also a liability for them and creates more hassle on the accounting department. I like the idea though.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:03 PM   #9
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

It would be similar to their credit system. I bought control arms from them a few years ago and they didn't work for me so I returned them and told them I'd take a credit because I didn't need the money back and I wasn't sure what else I wanted to buy. I had the credit for about a year before I used it.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #10
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Ok so this idea struck me last night and I thought it would be something a lot of people would be interested in.

American Muscle should offer something like a loadable card, kind of like what Starbucks does. A card that does not have a specific value but you can add money to it whenever and has no limit. And maybe even establish a rewards system, like how every drink from Starbucks you get a star, then after 12 stars you get a free one, something along those lines.

Think about it, a lot of us always try to save up over periods of time for parts. What better way than having a card we can load money onto at any time? We won't have to try to set it away, but then maybe using it on something else while you are still saving up. All we have to do is transfer money from our bank account to the card and then it will stay there until we are ready to buy something.

Then to keep things interesting there can be a points system, so like if you buy something worth x amount it correlates with x amount of points, then you can redeem points for certain stuff, whether it is something like a $25 off coupon or a free shirt or something.

I'm sure this is something that can benefit both American Muscle and its loyal customers.
I like it! Especially since it has a points system. That would really motivate others to use the card.

Thanks for the suggestion! Suggestions are always welcome. I'll make sure the right people see it. Maybe we'll be able to come up with a system shortly down the road!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:22 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
thatd be awesome. i'd love some free shirts or discounts..i never get shirts i only have like 5 mustang/AM shirts...
TorchRed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:56 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

Before you start patting yourself on the back, be cautioned. Several Major Companies now no longer give you refunds, they give you gift cards. So if you have a product you want and AM doesn't carry it, your Obamacared! If you don't use it in a year, you lose it.

I would prefer bonus stars and every year, getting a check back from them!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:28 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Total Non sequitur lol

See, if you had self control in the first place you wouldn't need a card to load with money. Now, I might be wrong here, but when our ancestors wanted to save up for things they used this thing called a ....savings account? Yeah that's what it was called . I don't think it's a bad idea, but let's not try to pretend like we have self control hehe were all in this because we just couldn't stop adding **** to our cars . I'm just glad AM has made it easy for me to acquire parts in a timely matter from this frozen wasteland I reside in!
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:58 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
I have to agree with this. I get Rewards cards to Gas stations i Never even to go, just for the "reward". If i were to get an AmericanMuscle Rewards card... I'll probably be rooming with "Dirty Mike and the Boys" under a bridge somewhere by the end of the first month. In all seriousness though, That's a great idea. They can do the whole Gamestop Rewards thing, minus the crappy rewards!
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #15
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
I have to agree with this. I get Rewards cards to Gas stations i Never even to go, just for the "reward". If i were to get an AmericanMuscle Rewards card... I'll probably be rooming with "Dirty Mike and the Boys" under a bridge somewhere by the end of the first month. In all seriousness though, That's a great idea. They can do the whole Gamestop Rewards thing, minus the crappy rewards!
Bahahahahahahaaa! Dirty mike and the boys. You turned my beautiful Prius into a nightmare!!! Lmao!
Old 11-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
This is a very good idea this whole card thing your taking about really works. It's called a pitch in card, a lot of big name stores used to use them like best buy. What they would be is an open amount gift card and you or any one else like family and friends could also add money to it if you where saving up for a house and you needed me tv's for that house every one could donate a little to this card and your self put money in it. Then when it reached it's desired goal you could spend it all at one time. It's a very simple system just don't think it is used much anymore.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:02 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:

This is probably the greatest idea i've ever heard! AM PLEASE DO THIS!!!
SouthFLV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:17 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
I'm all for this as well
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:27 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I'd do it..then I'd stop spending money on my POS DD. And save for the mustang. Good idea.
+10
02GTvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:29 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Not sure about the idea of the reloadable card, but I definately like the sound of the points system. CJ Pony Parts do it, Autozone does it, Sears/Craftsman does it, why not American Muscle?
66Sprint200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:17 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I like this idea. I also this AM could use an app for android and iPhone devices. That way you can browse theater easier on your phone set up an account and within a click or two you just order a 6k blower. It's that simple.
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Joey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:07 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

It would be a good way to make a lot of money on the interest alone.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #23
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Well the idea is that it's like a load able card, not really a credit card.

HID end all thread
Old 11-24-2013, 06:49 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

I understand your concept. I'm talking about all that money sitting in AMs account drawing interest, till someone actually spends it.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:13 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
I understand your concept. I'm talking about all that money sitting in AMs account drawing interest, till someone actually spends it.
Good thinking.
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:22 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

I like it! Put a little bit of cash from every paycheck and spend it all in the summer!
Jshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:13 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
+1
TheWitness is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle