Cyber Monday 2013 - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle

Old 12-02-2013, 11:00 PM   #141
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langer1099 View Post
Bought the Ford 4.10s with install kit for $220. Not bad.
Something about your car looks super sexy idk what it is though
Cooky436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2013, 11:34 PM   #142
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooky436 View Post
Something about your car looks super sexy idk what it is though
Thanks dude! Our avatar pictures look so similar, haha. It's going to get all performance love before body love. I think it looks awesome how it is.
2009 Mustang GT Premium; FRRP 4.10 Gears, J&M Lower Control Arms, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Pypes M80 Mid Mufflers, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Back, JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake, Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, Black Decklid Panel, Weathertech Mats, SVE Shifter and Shorty Antenna.
Langer1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:58 AM   #143
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
It's the same complaints every year about Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Some of you people are horrible, you're whining and crying over a few dollars and a bad selection of items. We are not the only voices they listen to. AM is on several forums promoting, sponsoring, answering questions, and being more than patient and helpful to these same people that are complaining. Nothing is ever good enough, the greed in this country is astounding. Whatever they did, most of you would've still complained. 15% off, "oh, it would've been nice if it was 20%". $100 off, "They should've done $150 and let us use our forum discount". C'mon people. And people wonder why companies go belly up, you practically have to give stuff away to keep customers happy and coming back. I ask you all to apply the logic your directing towards AM and put yourself in their shoes. Ever wonder how many mustang owners aren't on the forums, I promise you the number is staggering compared to the amount of owners that are. But they're supposed to cater to the 17 year old kid that wants 18" bullitt wheels 50% off for his sn95. Sure...
Bad mouthing them, name calling, saying they lost your business or a long time customer is nothing more than dick measuring contest to see who is Billy bad a$$ aka the internet tough guy. At the first sign of them giving you the prices and the items you wanted, you all would be lining up and salivating like a bunch of fat kids waiting for free candy.

Pitiful...

DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #144
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post
It's the same complaints every year about Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Some of you people are horrible, you're whining and crying over a few dollars and a bad selection of items. We are not the only voices they listen to. AM is on several forums promoting, sponsoring, answering questions, and being more than patient and helpful to these same people that are complaining. Nothing is ever good enough, the greed in this country is astounding. Whatever they did, most of you would've still complained. 15% off, "oh, it would've been nice if it was 20%". $100 off, "They should've done $150 and let us use our forum discount". C'mon people. And people wonder why companies go belly up, you practically have to give stuff away to keep customers happy and coming back. I ask you all to apply the logic your directing towards AM and put yourself in their shoes. Ever wonder how many mustang owners aren't on the forums, I promise you the number is staggering compared to the amount of owners that are. But they're supposed to cater to the 17 year old kid that wants 18" bullitt wheels 50% off for his sn95. Sure...
Bad mouthing them, name calling, saying they lost your business or a long time customer is nothing more than dick measuring contest to see who is Billy bad a$$ aka the internet tough guy. At the first sign of them giving you the prices and the items you wanted, you all would be lining up and salivating like a bunch of fat kids waiting for free candy.

Pitiful...

Jshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:17 AM   #145
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Hey Everyone!

We've extended the Cyber Monday sales for another 24hrs! I know a lot of you were held up yesterday, so we thought an extension would be helpful.

Also, don't forget to PM me for any Price Matches or questions you may have!

Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubi351 View Post
Shane, I'm still waiting on a call back on the items I inquired about price matching. Looks like one of the items are out of stock now, imagine that.
Jubi351,

Sorry for the delay buddy! You can expect a call from one of my guys within the next 24 business hours. He'll setup the Price Match for you, even if anything is out of stock. You'll still receive the part for the discounted price!

Let me know if you need anything else!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:49 AM   #146
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langer1099 View Post

Thanks dude! Our avatar pictures look so similar, haha. It's going to get all performance love before body love. I think it looks awesome how it is.
Around here there isn't a track or anything so I'm mainly going for the looks and I noticed that the avi looked similar hahaha

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Quote:

Pitiful...

You should run for president with a speech like that
Cooky436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:54 AM   #147
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
It's the same complaints every year about Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Some of you people are horrible, you're whining and crying over a few dollars and a bad selection of items. We are not the only voices they listen to. AM is on several forums promoting, sponsoring, answering questions, and being more than patient and helpful to these same people that are complaining. Nothing is ever good enough, the greed in this country is astounding. Whatever they did, most of you would've still complained. 15% off, "oh, it would've been nice if it was 20%". $100 off, "They should've done $150 and let us use our forum discount". C'mon people. And people wonder why companies go belly up, you practically have to give stuff away to keep customers happy and coming back. I ask you all to apply the logic your directing towards AM and put yourself in their shoes. Ever wonder how many mustang owners aren't on the forums, I promise you the number is staggering compared to the amount of owners that are. But they're supposed to cater to the 17 year old kid that wants 18" bullitt wheels 50% off for his sn95. Sure... Bad mouthing them, name calling, saying they lost your business or a long time customer is nothing more than dick measuring contest to see who is Billy bad a$$ aka the internet tough guy. At the first sign of them giving you the prices and the items you wanted, you all would be lining up and salivating like a bunch of fat kids waiting for free candy. Pitiful...
I wouldn't call ALL of it unrational.. I have watched AM for the past 2-3 year now and can tell the sales are less and less, I remember when a single rim would go on sale it would be 20-25$ off, now we're lucky to see 5$ off. It's not a matter of being able to price match or whatever, but when LMR has the chin spoiler for 10$ cheaper, fck the hassle of price match I'll just buy it from LMR.. It's no diffrent then say gas stations across the street if one lowers the price so does the other.. I understand that's my choice and there a lot more to company then price, but still when AM puts things on sale for 5-10$ off it's not worth the my time when other places put the same thing for 10-20$ off.. Or the put things like the brake package on sale yes it's awesome it's 200$ off but it's also 1500$ more them most of use have or want to spend especially around the holidays..

Just my .2
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #148
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Does anyone know If American muscle will price match? I found the axle backs I wanted on Amazon for 200$ off new
ArlingtonStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:14 AM   #149
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonStang View Post
Does anyone know If American muscle will price match? I found the axle backs I wanted on Amazon for 200$ off new
Call them on the phone and speak to customer service. They will help you out.
2009 Mustang GT Premium; FRRP 4.10 Gears, J&M Lower Control Arms, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Pypes M80 Mid Mufflers, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Back, JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake, Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, Black Decklid Panel, Weathertech Mats, SVE Shifter and Shorty Antenna.
Langer1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #150
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
This is what I mean, if it was me, I'm sorry but I'm just gonna order from amazon, better price and don't have to "worry" about price matching
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
Old 12-03-2013, 10:35 AM   #151
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac View Post
This is what I mean, if it was me, I'm sorry but I'm just gonna order from amazon, better price and don't have to "worry" about price matching
sorry I'm not Bill Gates and have money to just throw away! If AM can match the price then I would much rather give them my business because I trust them more than Amazon but not at the cost of 200$! Would you rather us not live in a capitalist economy where businesses have to compete with each other? It's survival of the fittest and always should be
Old 12-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #152
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
sorry I'm not Bill Gates and have money to just throw away! If AM can match the price then I would much rather give them my business because I trust them more than Amazon but not at the cost of 200$! Would you rather us not live in a capitalist economy where businesses have to compete with each other? It's survival of the fittest and always should be
Yes a capitalist country would be other businesses competing. All AM is doing is being Walmart, they don't have to worry about who has great sales because they can just price match, but for the people who don't catch or find the better price like you and I they get the short end of the stick..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
Old 12-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #153
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
I wouldn't call ALL of it unrational.. I have watched AM for the past 2-3 year now and can tell the sales are less and less, I remember when a single rim would go on sale it would be 20-25$ off, now we're lucky to see 5$ off. It's not a matter of being able to price match or whatever, but when LMR has the chin spoiler for 10$ cheaper, fck the hassle of price match I'll just buy it from LMR.. It's no diffrent then say gas stations across the street if one lowers the price so does the other.. I understand that's my choice and there a lot more to company then price, but still when AM puts things on sale for 5-10$ off it's not worth the my time when other places put the same thing for 10-20$ off.. Or the put things like the brake package on sale yes it's awesome it's 200$ off but it's also 1500$ more them most of use have or want to spend especially around the holidays..

Just my .2
sixpac,

Thanks for your feedback!

Don't forget we have the 6% Forums Discount Code available to active forum members year round! With just about every wheel being $99.99 or over, we're always offering a minimum of $6.00's off per rim. Then on top of that, we've set a total of 19 different wheel sizes/packages/finishes for 05-14 models on sale for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Which you're also able to use the Forums Discount code on top of the sale pricing, since they're already marked down. If you really think about it, we often provide discounts that are far exceed $5's off year round and even more so on during special sale events.

This is just an example I wanted to point out. I do understand your frustration as far as Price Matching competitors being a small hassle. However, I can help eliminate this hassle too! You can always PM me directly with a link to the counter price and I'll approve the Price Match ahead of time. Then one of my guys will contact you directly and provide the new pricing, instead of you having to contact us over the phone.

Hope this helps you out anyway possible!

Shane

Quote:
ArlingtonStang,

Yes we absolutely Price Match our competitors! Check out my comments above for the correct procedure to have things taken care of.

We do have a few requirements for our Price Matching Policy though. All Price Matches must be the same exact item you wish to match on our AM site, also the only two companies we don't Price Match is Amazon and Ebay. Any other competitors are covered!

Please feel free to give me a shout if you have any other questions!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 12-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #154
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
sixpac, Thanks for your feedback! Don't forget we have the 6% Forums Discount Code available to active forum members year round! With just about every wheel being $99.99 or over, we're always offering a minimum of $6.00's off per rim. Then on top of that, we've set a total of 19 different wheel sizes/packages/finishes for 05-14 models on sale for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Which you're also able to use the Forums Discount code on top of the sale pricing, since they're already marked down. If you really think about it, we often provide discounts that are far exceed $5's off year round and even more so on during special sale events. This is just an example I wanted to point out. I do understand your frustration as far as Price Matching competitors being a small hassle. However, I can help eliminate this hassle too! You can always PM me directly with a link to the counter price and I'll approve the Price Match ahead of time. Then one of my guys will contact you directly and provide the new pricing, instead of you having to contact us over the phone. Hope this helps you out anyway possible! Shane ArlingtonStang, Yes we absolutely Price Match our competitors! Check out my comments above for the correct procedure to have things taken care of. We do have a few requirements for our Price Matching Policy though. All Price Matches must be the same exact item you wish to match on our AM site, also the only two companies we don't Price Match is Amazon and Ebay. Any other competitors are covered! Please feel free to give me a shout if you have any other questions! Shane
Yes I don't mean to come of as rude I have bought a large portion of my products. But when you can buy the same product that you guys will price match from the other guys and use there, discount code they have, then it's even cheaper from them..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
Old 12-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #155
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Yes I don't mean to come of as rude I have bought a large portion of my products. But when you can buy the same product that you guys will price match from the other guys and use there, discount code they have, then it's even cheaper from them..
I can Price Match a competitor's complete and final price, so we'll have the lowest price possible! Check out my response to your similar post on another thread. It explains everything more thoroughly.

Shane

------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Not to bash, honestly AM is a great company, but what I'm getting at, is other places offer discount codes as well, which is why when something is cheaper on LMR I buy it there because like you guys if it's on sale they let you use there discount code as well for example, the Mach one chin from them is 40$ if I bought it from you guys you would price match for 40$ which is great and awesome, BUT I can buy from them and also get 5-6% off there 40$ Making it 37$ (cheaper then yours) I understand it's only 3$ and some people will go threw AM for what ever reason it may be.. But in today's economy 3$ is still 3$..

Also on your end if your already price matching and the discount code as measly as it is why not just let us use it, if 90$ is really gonna brake you because 30 people use the form discount code, it might be time for a new business plan
sixpac,

If you contact me directly via PM with LMR's sale total sale price. Whether that be with their discount code and sale price (assuming it's allowed on their site), then I can absolutely Price Match it! This way you'll still be spending the exact same amount as you would if going with LMR. In your case, it would be $37 for either company.

Our current system only allows for one price adjustment at a time, and it's our current policy. Our Mustang Experts and online store simply follows our standard procedure/policy. However, I can always setup the complete Price Match that includes a competitor's final pricing all said and done for a part. Simply send me a PM and it will be taken care of ASAP!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 12-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #156
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
I can Price Match a competitor's complete and final price, so we'll have the lowest price possible! Check out my response to your similar post on another thread. It explains everything more thoroughly. Shane ------------------------------------------------------------------ Quote: Originally Posted by sixpac View Post Not to bash, honestly AM is a great company, but what I'm getting at, is other places offer discount codes as well, which is why when something is cheaper on LMR I buy it there because like you guys if it's on sale they let you use there discount code as well for example, the Mach one chin from them is 40$ if I bought it from you guys you would price match for 40$ which is great and awesome, BUT I can buy from them and also get 5-6% off there 40$ Making it 37$ (cheaper then yours) I understand it's only 3$ and some people will go threw AM for what ever reason it may be.. But in today's economy 3$ is still 3$.. Also on your end if your already price matching and the discount code as measly as it is why not just let us use it, if 90$ is really gonna brake you because 30 people use the form discount code, it might be time for a new business plan sixpac, If you contact me directly via PM with LMR's sale total sale price. Whether that be with their discount code and sale price (assuming it's allowed on their site), then I can absolutely Price Match it! This way you'll still be spending the exact same amount as you would if going with LMR. In your case, it would be $37 for either company. Our current system only allows for one price adjustment at a time, and it's our current policy. Our Mustang Experts and online store simply follows our standard procedure/policy. However, I can always setup the complete Price Match that includes a competitor's final pricing all said and done for a part. Simply send me a PM and it will be taken care of ASAP! Shane
:thumb; this is why people go to AM
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
Old 12-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #157
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Your comments had solid points and I don't blame you one bit for mentioning them. I'm sure these exact posts will help assist others on the forum in the future too!

I know you've been an AM customer over the years and I appreciate your support. Glad I was able to clear everything up. I'll look forward to continue doing business in the future!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 12-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #158
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
It's the same complaints every year about Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Some of you people are horrible, you're whining and crying over a few dollars and a bad selection of items. We are not the only voices they listen to. AM is on several forums promoting, sponsoring, answering questions, and being more than patient and helpful to these same people that are complaining. Nothing is ever good enough, the greed in this country is astounding. Whatever they did, most of you would've still complained. 15% off, "oh, it would've been nice if it was 20%". $100 off, "They should've done $150 and let us use our forum discount". C'mon people. And people wonder why companies go belly up, you practically have to give stuff away to keep customers happy and coming back. I ask you all to apply the logic your directing towards AM and put yourself in their shoes. Ever wonder how many mustang owners aren't on the forums, I promise you the number is staggering compared to the amount of owners that are. But they're supposed to cater to the 17 year old kid that wants 18" bullitt wheels 50% off for his sn95. Sure... Bad mouthing them, name calling, saying they lost your business or a long time customer is nothing more than dick measuring contest to see who is Billy bad a$$ aka the internet tough guy. At the first sign of them giving you the prices and the items you wanted, you all would be lining up and salivating like a bunch of fat kids waiting for free candy. Pitiful...
+1 AM has been more than nice to everyone complaining. And they haven't ran away from all the hate, they confronted it. In fact they made us a special code on bfriday to help make people happier. Much respect to AM and this why I shop there. But give them a damn break. C'mon. If you're gonna shop else where go ahead, don't get on here and throw it in AM's face. I don't see LMR, steeda, or any other sites on this forum interacting with us. Even on other forums their not on much. Because if you don't like their sales, you can f' off.

Engine/Drivetrain: SCT iTSX with BAMA 91 Race Tune, Airaid CAI, JBA O/R H-Pipe, SLP Power-Flo Catback, Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Exedy Lightweight Flywheel

Suspension: H&R SuperSport Springs, KYB Shocks & Struts
JetLife 01GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:44 AM   #159
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLife 01GT View Post
+1 AM has been more than nice to everyone complaining. And they haven't ran away from all the hate, they confronted it. In fact they made us a special code on bfriday to help make people happier. Much respect to AM and this why I shop there. But give them a damn break. C'mon. If you're gonna shop else where go ahead, don't get on here and throw it in AM's face. I don't see LMR, steeda, or any other sites on this forum interacting with us. Even on other forums their not on much. Because if you don't like their sales, you can f' off.
tj from steeda gets on here
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #160
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolPwny View Post
tj from steeda gets on here
How often tho? Definitely not daily like AM

Engine/Drivetrain: SCT iTSX with BAMA 91 Race Tune, Airaid CAI, JBA O/R H-Pipe, SLP Power-Flo Catback, Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Exedy Lightweight Flywheel

Suspension: H&R SuperSport Springs, KYB Shocks & Struts
JetLife 01GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #161
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Jubi351,

Sorry for the delay buddy! You can expect a call from one of my guys within the next 24 business hours. He'll setup the Price Match for you, even if anything is out of stock. You'll still receive the part for the discounted price!

Let me know if you need anything else!

Shane
Thanks Shane. Got the call and even added some more items to the ticket. Enjoyed the conversation with Tony, great customer service! Thanks again.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #162
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLife 01GT View Post
How often tho? Definitely not daily like AM
Iono lol
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #163
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
+1
Old 12-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #164
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks for everyone's interest and support!

We've added a bunch of new sales for Cyber Monday. I think some confusion is surfacing because we added new Cyber Monday sales on top of the Black Friday sales. In fact, we've added as much as 20 new products per Gen for Cyber Monday, equaling 100 additional sales items for Cyber Monday alone!

A few examples of the new Cyber Monday sales are listed below
- Airaid Race CAI & Bama SF3 tuner combo for (10 GT's)
- Accel Super Coil On Plug kit (11-14 GT's)
- Power Stop Brake Rotor & Pad Kit (11-14 V6)
- AMR Chrome Wheel 19x9.5 (05-14 All)
- Modern Billet Black Poney Delete Billet Grille - Combo (10-12 v6)

These are just a few of the Cyber Monday sale items for the 10-14 section! There's still about 95 other sales parts across the site.

Of course, please don't forget that we do have Price Matching as well. If you find a lower cost at one of our competitors sites, shoot me a PM and I'll gladly Match it!

Shane
So you price match other people's Black Friday/cybermonday sale prices?

Other than my utter loyalty to you guys there's absolutely no reason for me to go search somewhere and then email you and get an approval and then order it.

I'd just order it from the other company... I think I'm beginning to move away from AM.

Public Relations-wise to me its kinda like you guys don't want to either sell stuff at a discount and/or you just don't want to bother with pricing it yourself so you place responsibility on other companies and customers to get a sale price.

All said and done I did order something from you guys yesterday but... Not feeling special about the order with the whole general feeling of you guys not wanting to actually do a sale.

Sales are much more than revenue. It's also a way to foster existing goodwill between company and customer and to reach out to new customers.

The sale didn't fail but I think the effect failed.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

All for the same price I forget to mention. Means im doing work to get the same price.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #165
Registered Member
Regular

I'm just happy they're price matching me on an item that expired friday. I've made a fair amount of orders from AM, spent about 3 grand on their site. And I've never really had a problem with anything being lost in transit, packaged poorly, or coming damaged. It also gets here In 3 days. Every single time, like clock work.

I think AM's forum presence and internet presence is what makes me comfortable with buying from them more, than with other companies. Very easy to get in contact with people at AM. Their Facebook page is ALWAYS active, not even just trying to sell you things. Most of the time, they're just showing off badass cars. Same with LMR. I think they're more geared to people with an obsession for mustangs. At least that's the vibe i get.

I don't mind if AM doesn't discount every single item in their inventory. Because if you find a part you want on another site, they'll match the price. No questions asked. Sure i'll pick up parts from other places like Amazon. But AM is my bread and butter.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #166
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
I'm just happy they're price matching me on an item that expired friday. I've made a fair amount of orders from AM, spent about 3 grand on their site. And I've never really had a problem with anything being lost in transit, packaged poorly, or coming damaged. It also gets here In 3 days. Every single time, like clock work.

I think AM's forum presence and internet presence is what makes me comfortable with buying from them more, than with other companies. Very easy to get in contact with people at AM. Their Facebook page is ALWAYS active, not even just trying to sell you things. Most of the time, they're just showing off badass cars. Same with LMR. I think they're more geared to people with an obsession for mustangs. At least that's the vibe i get.

I don't mind if AM doesn't discount every single item in their inventory. Because if you find a part you want on another site, they'll match the price. No questions asked. Sure i'll pick up parts from other places like Amazon. But AM is my bread and butter.
I'm cool with AM like I said I did order something on Monday. Its just the feeling I'm getting when they said the just added another 20 items to the sale or whatever and now there's over 100 items total or something like that. Kind of like they know 80 items was kinda weak so they added a few more. Like you tipped the waitress $3 on a $20 tab and so you added another 50 cents to it.

Makes me feel that considering they probably have thousands if not over ten thousand of different products that they only bothered with like 100 or so.

That and they nonchalantly just threw out as a canvassing statement that they they will price match any price out there. Made me feel like they didn't 1.) want to make the prices too low and/or 2.) didn't want to bother working out pricing to begin with. It's like now its my job to want to buy from them and want to shop somewhere else to find a good discount and then want to go through the motions of getting them to approve the deal and prove where I found the deal etc...

Made me feel like they didn't put much effort into it. I'm sure effort was made and they are still kick ***. And most likely I will still order from them in the future because of their awesome service.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:09 PM   #167
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
So you price match other people's Black Friday/cybermonday sale prices?

Other than my utter loyalty to you guys there's absolutely no reason for me to go search somewhere and then email you and get an approval and then order it.

I'd just order it from the other company... I think I'm beginning to move away from AM.

Public Relations-wise to me its kinda like you guys don't want to either sell stuff at a discount and/or you just don't want to bother with pricing it yourself so you place responsibility on other companies and customers to get a sale price.

All said and done I did order something from you guys yesterday but... Not feeling special about the order with the whole general feeling of you guys not wanting to actually do a sale.

Sales are much more than revenue. It's also a way to foster existing goodwill between company and customer and to reach out to new customers.

The sale didn't fail but I think the effect failed.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

All for the same price I forget to mention. Means im doing work to get the same price.
DallasStang77,

This is not the feeling, mentality, or intention we're after at all! I think we have a big misunderstanding here. Let me see if I can clear things up for you!

We enjoy the Holiday Season just the same as everyone else! It's a great time to shop for loved ones and pick up a few nice things for yourself too. We're all for the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales across the nation and definitely enjoy helping our loyal customers out with our own BF & CM sales each year.

Every year without fail, we've celebrated Black Friday and Cyber Monday with sales & specials. This year we offered several hundred individually marked down sale parts, with BF & CM combined. For the items that weren't on sale, we offered the $20 off $150 orders and $40 off $450 orders coupon codes. As we all know, everyone has different interests or taste and there's a good chance a customer is interested in a part that weren't included in these special sales. Considering we offer thousands of Mustang parts and only hundreds were individually marked down.

Our interest is to help support the Mustang community and fuel our customers with options and deals, so no one is left behind. Even still, there's a chance a customer may be interested in a particular part that is offered elsewhere for a lower price. This same customer also wants to purchase some of our BF & CM sale items, too. This where our Price Matching system comes in! We want to be able to provide you guys with a one stop shop Mustang parts store. Not only can our customers pick up any of the sweet sale items, but we can also Price Match another competitor's prices for a part that we may not have on sale!

That is why I heavily promote our Price Matching policy. It's a great option for our customer's that already plan to purchase from us or least try to, but have found 1 or 2 or however many products for sale on another site that wasn't included in our most current sale. Our goal is to assist our loyal customer's as much as we possibly can. This is why we have so many options to provide you guys the lowest prices possible!

I truly don't want you to move away from AM because of a miscommunication on my end. Please review my comments above, so you can see where we're coming from and our true intentions. I'm also very open to customer feedback, so please feel free to provide suggestions or comments to me personally whenever you like. This goes for any day of the year, not just now!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 12-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #168
Registered Member
Regular

Totally get you bro. I wasn't too happy about the selection myself. They had a few things I wanted, but didn't actually NEED. I'm just glad they were willing to work with me on price matching the Steeda sale so i didn't go empty handed this christmas. Overall i feel the sales are reasonable, and it's nice to see a company work with the customer. You never really get that as much as you'd like nowadays.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:44 PM   #169
Registered Member
Regular

I think AM has done a great job this bf/cm. i just happened to order from a competitor because it was cheaper...but not by much btw. I really would have ordered from them if I knew they had the same part at the same price or cheaper. Its just business.
AM has been good to me, and I give them kudos for trying to make our holiday discounts count.
Troy
Old 12-04-2013, 01:35 AM   #170
Toy
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I think the companies are doing what they can sometimes. On some of their sales I bet they are loosing money, especially with free shipping. Shipping prices keep going up and that really affects the price since its built into the price.

I ordered stuff from a total of three companies because some sites didn't carry what I was looking for. Maybe the cup holders and things like that were a little off, but I found things I wanted on sale and some not.
Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #171
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

DallasStang77,

This is not the feeling, mentality, or intention we're after at all! I think we have a big misunderstanding here. Let me see if I can clear things up for you!

We enjoy the Holiday Season just the same as everyone else! It's a great time to shop for loved ones and pick up a few nice things for yourself too. We're all for the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales across the nation and definitely enjoy helping our loyal customers out with our own BF & CM sales each year.

Every year without fear ail, we've celebrated Black Friday and Cyber Monday with sales & specials. This year we offered several hundred individually marked down sale parts, with BF & CM combined. For the items that weren't on sale, we offered the $20 off $150 orders and $40 off $450 orders coupon codes. As we all know, everyone has different interests or taste and there's a good chance a customer is interested in a part that weren't included in these special sales. Considering we offer thousands of Mustang parts and only hundreds were individually marked down.

Our interest is to help support the Mustang community and fuel our customers with options and deals, so no one is left behind. Even still, there's a chance a customer may be interested in a particular part that is offered elsewhere for a lower price. This same customer also wants to purchase some of our BF & CM sale items, too. This where our Price Matching system comes in! We want to be able to provide you guys with a one stop shop Mustang parts store. Not only can our customers pick up any of the sweet sale items, but we can also Price Match another competitor's prices for a part that we may not have on sale!

That is why I heavily promote our Price Matching policy. It's a great option for our customer's that already plan to purchase from us or least try to, but have found 1 or 2 or however many products for sale on another site that wasn't included in our most current sale. Our goal is to assist our loyal customer's as much as we possibly can. This is why we have so many options to provide you guys the lowest prices possible!

I truly don't want you to move away from AM because of a miscommunication on my end. Please review my comments above, so you can see where we're coming from and our true intentions. I'm also very open to customer feedback, so please feel free to provide suggestions or comments to me personally whenever you like. This goes for any day of the year, not just now!

Shane
I still think you guys are tops. No worries. In game theory, your move was strategically sound.

I'm still an AM loyalist at heart so no problem. Keep up the good work all y'all AMsters
Old 12-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #172
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:

Pitiful...

It costs maby 30 dolors to make a convertible style bar from mmd and they charge $325 dolors for it. You can't justify that. Parts are made in cheap sweat shops where the employies get paid nothing so big businesses can charge 5x it's real value. I buy stuff all the time for full price and am fine with it. I would pay any price for American made parts witch there are a lot of. But don't hipe your sale up all month then have s Sh*t selection.
94gtconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #173
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
I still think you guys are tops. No worries. In game theory, your move was strategically sound.

I'm still an AM loyalist at heart so no problem. Keep up the good work all y'all AMsters
Thank you very much for the kind words! I really do appreciate your efforts to see both sides and continuing to be an AM customer. That means a lot!

Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94gtconvert View Post
It costs maby 30 dolors to make a convertible style bar from mmd and they charge $325 dolors for it. You can't justify that. Parts are made in cheap sweat shops where the employies get paid nothing so big businesses can charge 5x it's real value. I buy stuff all the time for full price and am fine with it. I would pay any price for American made parts witch there are a lot of. But don't hipe your sale up all month then have s Sh*t selection.
94gtconvert,

I'm sorry if this is your opinion about us and our Holiday Sales. We had a lot of great sales this for BF & CM, but everyone's taste is different. Sometimes parts that you're not interested in, can be the exact opposite for other customers. We do our best to provide great sales for everyone, which is where the Price Matching system comes into play, too!

The cost information listed above is not very accurate though. We try to provide our customer's competitive pricing year round, and not just on the holidays. I can assure you, we've never marked up any of our products as much as you've mentioned. That's just not how we do things here!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 12-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #174
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:

Thank you very much for the kind words! I really do appreciate your efforts to see both sides and continuing to be an AM customer. That means a lot!

Shane

94gtconvert,

I'm sorry if this is your opinion about us and our Holiday Sales. We had a lot of great sales this for BF & CM, but everyone's taste is different. Sometimes parts that you're not interested in, can be the exact opposite for other customers. We do our best to provide great sales for everyone, which is where the Price Matching system comes into play, too!

The cost information listed above is not very accurate though. We try to provide our customer's competitive pricing year round, and not just on the holidays. I can assure you, we've never marked up any of our products as much as you've mentioned. That's just not how we do things here!

Shane
Shane, no worries I was replying to another forum member who was misinformed. I love American muscle and I just used the MMD bar as an example because of it's price and was refering to the msrp not your price. You guys put very competitive prices on your Sr proformance line and I can see the price of ford raceing and other big brands being expensive because it's made in the US and is quality. I was told by a friend that late model restoration had a sale on some rims I want a year or 2 ago. Needless to say they weren't this year. You guys had plenty of stuff on sale that I would have purchased but I already have a majority of the mods that I could afford done already. I apologise if I came off as a business basher, but I was just angry about the rims I wanted not being on sale. Thanks.
94gtconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #175
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94gtconvert View Post
Shane, no worries I was replying to another forum member who was misinformed. I love American muscle and I just used the MMD bar as an example because of it's price and was refering to the msrp not your price. You guys put very competitive prices on your Sr proformance line and I can see the price of ford raceing and other big brands being expensive because it's made in the US and is quality. I was told by a friend that late model restoration had a sale on some rims I want a year or 2 ago. Needless to say they weren't this year. You guys had plenty of stuff on sale that I would have purchased but I already have a majority of the mods that I could afford done already. I apologise if I came off as a business basher, but I was just angry about the rims I wanted not being on sale. Thanks.
94gtconvert,

No apology needed, I just wanted to clear a few things up. It looks like this was more of a misunderstanding on my part too. Thanks for clarifying things and still showing your support.

Which rims were you interested in? Send me a PM and maybe we can work something out!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle