AM Price Match & Discount - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 12-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
AM Price Match & Discount

I was under the impression from several threads that I have read, that AM will price match any sale and will let us use are forum discount on top of that...How accurate is that statement? I just put in a call to AM and was told it's actually one or the other. That receiving both a price match, plus a forum discount code is not a policy they honor. Can someone explain?
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2013, 10:51 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
You got it from the horse's mouth, what more you need.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:57 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I need a slip of the tongue, so I can get an extra $6 off.....LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2013, 11:51 AM   #4
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Send a PM to Dan; he will present you with the code. Follow his instructions on using the code.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #5
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
I could be wrong but i've always thought we could either price match OR use the discount code, not both.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
+1^
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Not sure if you are following or not Bucko. I already have the code. I was trying to use it on a price match like I have heard I can do

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I could be wrong but i've always thought we could either price match OR use the discount code, not both.
If that's the case, I'll stop crying about an additional $6 off......lol
Old 12-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyriqq View Post
I just put in a call to AM and was told it's actually one or the other. That receiving both a price match, plus a forum discount code is not a policy they honor.
??? Now I'm cornfused, do you think they lied.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I won't say lied to, just severely misinformed
Old 12-02-2013, 02:02 PM   #10

Region: Canada
i called about a price match today to. i didnt ask them about a discount code but i did pm both dan and shane about that.
mr.deeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:13 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.deeds View Post
i called about a price match today to. i didnt ask them about a discount code but i did pm both dan and shane about that.
Let me know what you come up with please and thank you Sir
Old 12-03-2013, 10:28 AM   #12
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
I was under the impression from several threads that I have read, that AM will price match any sale and will let us use are forum discount on top of that...How accurate is that statement? I just put in a call to AM and was told it's actually one or the other. That receiving both a price match, plus a forum discount code is not a policy they honor. Can someone explain?
Tyriqq,

I just saw your thread for the first time now. Sorry for the late response!

We do require the Discount Code, Coupon Codes, and Price Matching to each be used individually per order. None of these can be paired with each other. However, if a item is already marked down on our site, you can absolutely add the Discount Code or Coupon Code to the order!

With these three options, we'll always have the lowest prices available! If you would like to have a Price Match approved, shoot me a PM with a link to the counter price. I'll approval the Price Match and have one of my guys give you a call ready to setup the Price Match and transaction!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #13
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
Tyriqq, I just saw your thread for the first time now. Sorry for the late response! We do require the Discount Code, Coupon Codes, and Price Matching to each be used individually per order. None of these can be paired with each other. However, if a item is already marked down on our site, you can absolutely add the Discount Code or Coupon Code to the order! With these three options, we'll always have the lowest prices available! If you would like to have a Price Match approved, shoot me a PM with a link to the counter price. I'll approval the Price Match and have one of my guys give you a call ready to setup the Price Match and transaction! Shane
Not to bash, honestly AM is a great company, but what I'm getting at, is other places offer discount codes as well, which is why when something is cheaper on LMR I buy it there because like you guys if it's on sale they let you use there discount code as well for example, the Mach one chin from them is 40$ if I bought it from you guys you would price match for 40$ which is great and awesome, BUT I can buy from them and also get 5-6% off there 40$ Making it 37$ (cheaper then yours) I understand it's only 3$ and some people will go threw AM for what ever reason it may be.. But in today's economy 3$ is still 3$..

Also on your end if your already price matching and the discount code as measly as it is why not just let us use it, if 90$ is really gonna brake you because 30 people use the form discount code, it might be time for a new business plan
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:08 AM   #14
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac View Post
Not to bash, honestly AM is a great company, but what I'm getting at, is other places offer discount codes as well, which is why when something is cheaper on LMR I buy it there because like you guys if it's on sale they let you use there discount code as well for example, the Mach one chin from them is 40$ if I bought it from you guys you would price match for 40$ which is great and awesome, BUT I can buy from them and also get 5-6% off there 40$ Making it 37$ (cheaper then yours) I understand it's only 3$ and some people will go threw AM for what ever reason it may be.. But in today's economy 3$ is still 3$..

Also on your end if your already price matching and the discount code as measly as it is why not just let us use it, if 90$ is really gonna brake you because 30 people use the form discount code, it might be time for a new business plan
sixpac,

If you contact me directly via PM with LMR's sale total sale price. Whether that be with their discount code and sale price (assuming it's allowed on their site), then I can absolutely Price Match it! This way you'll still be spending the exact same amount as you would if going with LMR. In your case, it would be $37 for either company.

Our current system only allows for one price adjustment at a time, and it's our current policy. Our Mustang Experts and online store simply follows our standard procedure/policy. However, I can always setup the complete Price Match that includes a competitor's final pricing all said and done for a part. Simply send me a PM and it will be taken care of ASAP!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 12-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #15
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
sixpac, If you contact me directly via PM with LMR's sale total sale price. Whether that be with their discount code and sale price (assuming it's allowed on their site), then I can absolutely Price Match it! This way you'll still be spending the exact same amount as you would if going with LMR. In your case, it would be $37 for either company. Our current system only allows for one price adjustment at a time, and it's our current policy. Our Mustang Experts and online store simply follows our standard procedure/policy. However, I can always setup the complete Price Match that includes a competitor's final pricing all said and done for a part. Simply send me a PM and it will be taken care of ASAP! Shane
And this is why people go back to you^
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
Old 12-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #16
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
And this is why people go back to you^
Your comments had solid points and I don't blame you one bit for mentioning them. I'm sure these exact posts will help assist others on the forum in the future too!

I know you've been an AM customer over the years and I appreciate your support. Glad I was able to clear everything up. I'll look forward to continue doing business in the future!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 12-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #17
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Your comments had solid points and I don't blame you one bit for mentioning them. I'm sure these exact posts will help assist others on the forum in the future too! I know you've been an AM customer over the years and I appreciate your support. Glad I was able to clear everything up. I'll look forward to continue doing business in the future! Shane
Thank you for the respect, I just like to try and have you guys see it from our side... Just because some of use do spend a lot of money on our cars obviously.. And if we can save that extra 6% threw you guys while also getting the price match that could add up too $$$$ threwout a lifetime..

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Thank you for the respect, I just like to try and have you guys see it from our side... Just because some of use do spend a lot of money on our cars obviously.. And if we can save that extra 6% threw you guys while also getting the price match that could add up too $$$$ threwout a lifetime..
It's not about the 3$ this time, it's about the 3+10+3+20+13+5++++++++* every time we order.. Which in time adds up to find car parts!
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
Old 12-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
sixpac, If you contact me directly via PM with LMR's sale total sale price. Whether that be with their discount code and sale price (assuming it's allowed on their site), then I can absolutely Price Match it! This way you'll still be spending the exact same amount as you would if going with LMR. In your case, it would be $37 for either company. Our current system only allows for one price adjustment at a time, and it's our current policy. Our Mustang Experts and online store simply follows our standard procedure/policy. However, I can always setup the complete Price Match that includes a competitor's final pricing all said and done for a part. Simply send me a PM and it will be taken care of ASAP! Shane
I have to still respectfully disagree with those methods. If I call you to get a price match and you accept my coupon code on top of that, that is a slap in the face to you from me to not accept it. Yet to say that's okay I'll rather buy from so and so because they will match your price. I'll always look for the best deal and I like you guys at AM, but since LMR is willing to price match and still allow for a discount code, that is something AM should look into as well to stay competitive. I consider our discount code here a loyalty code. If you are willing to price match, you should be willing to allow for our loyalty code as well. That's just good business practices showing your appreciation to your loyal customers and not really denting the profit margin at the same time. If anything it may increase it
Old 12-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #19
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

It's not about the 3$ this time, it's about the 3+10+3+20+13+5++++++++* every time we order.. Which in time adds up to find car parts!
Absolutely buddy! Every dollar counts, especially 10-15 orders later lol. It certainly adds up!

Shane

Quote:
I have to still respectfully disagree with those methods. If I call you to get a price match and you accept my coupon code on top of that, that is a slap in the face to you from me to not accept it. Yet to say that's okay I'll rather buy from so and so because they will match your price. I'll always look for the best deal and I like you guys at AM, but since LMR is willing to price match and still allow for a discount code, that is something AM should look into as well to stay competitive. I consider our discount code here a loyalty code. If you are willing to price match, you should be willing to allow for our loyalty code as well. That's just good business practices showing your appreciation to your loyal customers and not really denting the profit margin at the same time. If anything it may increase it
Tyriqq,

I see where you're coming from and appreciate the honesty. I'll see if we can make adjustments in the future to better reflect our end goals, which is to help our customers out with all their Mustang parts needs. I know we're all on the same page here, we're just each looking at it a little differently. This is nothing that we can't improve though!

Thanks again for the feedback!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 12-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Don't get me wrong, I am by no means complaining. I just made a purchase from AM last night....But........

What is the point of price match? Lets say LMR has lower control arms for $150 and AM has them for $160. So....I get AM to price match them and I get them for $150 and I am not allowed to use my 6 percent off code. Most of these online Mustang part stores offer coupon codes (such as LMR, which is 5 percent off) It would just be better off for me to buy from LMR and use my 5 percent off code and save an additional 8 bucks and get them for $142 compared to the $150 price match.
2009 Mustang GT Premium; FRRP 4.10 Gears, J&M Lower Control Arms, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Pypes M80 Mid Mufflers, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Back, JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake, Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, Black Decklid Panel, Weathertech Mats, SVE Shifter and Shorty Antenna.
Langer1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langer1099 View Post
Don't get me wrong, I am by no means complaining. I just made a purchase from AM last night....But........ What is the point of price match? Lets say LMR has lower control arms for $150 and AM has them for $160. So....I get AM to price match them and I get them for $150 and I am not allowed to use my 6 percent off code. Most of these online Mustang part stores offer coupon codes (such as LMR, which is 5 percent off) It would just be better off for me to buy from LMR and use my 5 percent off code and save an additional 8 bucks and get them for $142 compared to the $150 price match.
How I understood it, is that they will price match the $142. But like I said earlier, that's like a smack in the face from me to a business to do all that, and then still go somewhere else for a price match
Old 12-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
How I understood it, is that they will price match the $142. But like I said earlier, that's like a smack in the face from me to a business to do all that, and then still go somewhere else for a price match
At the end of the day, if I have my car parts, I will be happy regardless of what I spent
2009 Mustang GT Premium; FRRP 4.10 Gears, J&M Lower Control Arms, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Pypes M80 Mid Mufflers, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Back, JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake, Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, Black Decklid Panel, Weathertech Mats, SVE Shifter and Shorty Antenna.
Langer1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:05 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not going to spend time trying to track down a price match when I can just order it from whoever has the lowest advertised price up front. Unless it's some jagoff site or has horrible reviews there's pretty much about 5-10 places you can check before saying f it...I want to order it NOW.
Clink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #24
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langer1099 View Post
Don't get me wrong, I am by no means complaining. I just made a purchase from AM last night....But........

What is the point of price match? Lets say LMR has lower control arms for $150 and AM has them for $160. So....I get AM to price match them and I get them for $150 and I am not allowed to use my 6 percent off code. Most of these online Mustang part stores offer coupon codes (such as LMR, which is 5 percent off) It would just be better off for me to buy from LMR and use my 5 percent off code and save an additional 8 bucks and get them for $142 compared to the $150 price match.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clink View Post
I'm not going to spend time trying to track down a price match when I can just order it from whoever has the lowest advertised price up front. Unless it's some jagoff site or has horrible reviews there's pretty much about 5-10 places you can check before saying f it...I want to order it NOW.
I do see the points you're both making. However, we do have pretty competitive pricing and we'll always try to. A Price Match will match the all said and done cost ($142 in Langer's example). The point of Price Match service is to have a back up plan. Just in case we don't have the lowest price around. It's not to jack up our prices and then only give a few exclusive Prices Matches -which I understand some of you guys are getting that feeling.

Look at it this way- Price Matching with AM will always make sure you have the lowest price possible IN CASE the consistently fluctuating market is lower than our site is currently. You also have the benefit of our fast shipping, reliable quality, and the AM name standing behind all the products we sell. As most of you know, if you ever have a problem with a product, we'll always do whatever it takes to make things right again!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 12-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

All good Shane, wasn't trying to slam AM or the program as it is definitely a good thing to have and is making other business' rethink their pricing to be more competitive which is good for all of us, the consumers.

I have no loyalty to any one company when it comes to buying parts, but 80% of everything I have bought has come from AM and had a good experience with.
Clink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:12 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

+1
Bodyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle