USPS Sucks Ball Bearings - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 12-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #36
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post

Not possible
The volume of packages damn near doubles. But that is not possible. Riiiiiight!
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #37
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
The volume of packages damn near doubles. But that is not possible. Riiiiiight!
You clearly did not even read the rest of the thread...

2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post

Holy crap it looks like the mail man dropped it and then ran over it.

Who'd you upset at the post office?
No one that I know of. My family are actually good friends with our postman.
66Sprint200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2013, 02:29 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sprint200 View Post

Then why'd be run over your package with his mail truck?

Good Friend = Destroy your package by running it over

Enemy = Running thru your house with his mail truck?
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post

Then why'd be run over your package with his mail truck?

Good Friend = Destroy your package by running it over

Enemy = Running thru your house with his mail truck?
lol he didn't. It was given to him at the post office that way. He took it to the postmaster and was told to just do his job and deliver it.
66Sprint200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #41
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:

You clearly did not even read the rest of the thread...

I only read the OP problem with the USPS being slow. That is what I was replying to. USPS gets slower than normal in December. They don not hire extra carriers like UPS does to cover the holiday rush. Not in the budget.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #42
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sprint200 View Post
I'm kidding
Old 12-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Well, just be happy that you receive ANYTHING from that post office in Dallas. I had 30+ grand worth of gold coins disappear from that post office a couple of years ago. They made it there but someone, obviously, figured out what they were and grabbed them. They were insured but hadn't been appraised yet so it was difficult to come up with a fair value. Im sure that I got screwed.
I won't make that mistake again!
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #44
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Well, just be happy that you receive ANYTHING from that post office in Dallas. I had 30+ grand worth of gold coins disappear from that post office a couple of years ago. They made it there but someone, obviously, figured out what they were and grabbed them. They were insured but hadn't been appraised yet so it was difficult to come up with a fair value. Im sure that I got screwed.
You shipped $30k worth of gold via the post office??? That's not exactly something I would send Priority Mail... Yikes...

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:50 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
You shipped $30k worth of gold via the post office??? That's not exactly something I would send Priority Mail... Yikes...
People do it all of the time. My big mistake was not having the coins appraised.
Yeah, I'll take a airplane ride next time...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:56 PM   #46
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
That sucks
Old 12-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
What has me frustrated is that ten days ago, I ordered a Roush front splitter from American Muscle, and got sent a calendar. I received the splitter several days ago from UPS ground in god shape, but nothing on the calendar sent USPS. And there is no tracking number to say where it is. I have the same issue with Ford. I ordered my MCA certification from them, and it still has not showed up after over two weeks.
Bear376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:01 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Not related to USPS, but i ordered a battery tender off amazon, and yesterday some dude i don't know, pulls into my driveway, and leaves something on my porch. It was the package. I checked the tracking info, and sure enough, the package was delivered by UPS the day prior (two days ago) to the wrong house. Idiots. Thankfully there are good people left out in the world. Otherwise i'd probably never had seen that package again.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #49
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
Not related to USPS, but i ordered a battery tender off amazon, and yesterday some dude i don't know, pulls into my driveway, and leaves something on my porch. It was the package. I checked the tracking info, and sure enough, the package was delivered by UPS the day prior (two days ago) to the wrong house. Idiots. Thankfully there are good people left out in the world. Otherwise i'd probably never had seen that package again.
You got lucky, that happened to me once too when FedEx delivered a package 20 minutes away to another street of the same name but completely different zip. Lady called me "I have a package for scott that looks important, is that you?". I tried to give her $20 or buy her some wine or whatever but she just wanted a thank you and that's it.

On the other hand, pretty sure the drunk 2 houses down from me still has at least one of my packages that the temp UPS guy they hired for the holidays dropped off there. I suppose the giant numbers on the side of my house are not obvious enough... sigh...

Old 12-21-2013, 09:37 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Usually when I order on Monday I get my stuff by Thursday with UPS. It's now Monday and it just got to my local USPS station.

And yes Dallas had some wintertime freezing weather but only got bad late Thursday night.

So conclusion, Government bureaucracy sucks = USPS (a department of the gov) = USPS sucks ball bearings.
Did you ever stop to think, THEY WANT TO HEAR YOU WHINE? Like your doing now?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:44 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You got lucky, that happened to me once too when FedEx delivered a package 20 minutes away to another street of the same name but completely different zip. Lady called me "I have a package for scott that looks important, is that you?". I tried to give her $20 or buy her some wine or whatever but she just wanted a thank you and that's it.

On the other hand, pretty sure the drunk 2 houses down from me still has at least one of my packages that the temp UPS guy they hired for the holidays dropped off there. I suppose the giant numbers on the side of my house are not obvious enough... sigh...

Them damn temps. It's almost comical, watching the UPS trucks pull up now. They'll pull up in front of my house, and like 4 of them will scamper from the truck in all directions. It just blows my mind, how they can possibly get an address wrong. It takes two seconds to check the damn label.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:51 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Them damn temps. It's almost comical, watching the UPS trucks pull up now. They'll pull up in front of my house, and like 4 of them will scamper from the truck in all directions. It just blows my mind, how they can possibly get an address wrong. It takes two seconds to check the damn label.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:41 PM   #53
Staff
Regular
Staff

Its not the label, I'm on a corner and the house faces... diagonally...ish... Which is why I have giant numbers on the house AND numbers on the mailbox. They still dropped it off 2 houses down tho... I actually drove around the neighborhood till I found the UPS truck and asked the guy driving wtf was up. He apologized and said he would talk to the temps. Got a package from UPS 2 days ago no problem so I guess he did.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle