USPS Sucks Ball Bearings - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle

Old 12-09-2013, 07:35 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
USPS Sucks Ball Bearings

Usually when I order on Monday I get my stuff by Thursday with UPS. It's now Monday and it just got to my local USPS station.

And yes Dallas had some wintertime freezing weather but only got bad late Thursday night.

So conclusion, Government bureaucracy sucks = USPS (a department of the gov) = USPS sucks ball bearings.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2013, 07:46 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Usually when I order on Monday I get my stuff by Thursday with UPS. It's now Monday and it just got to my local USPS station. And yes Dallas had some wintertime freezing weather but only got bad late Thursday night. So conclusion, Government bureaucracy sucks = USPS (a department of the gov) = USPS sucks ball bearings.
Dude I know! I ordered stuff on wed got it Friday with ups, the other stuff is coming from usps and still don't have it plus it doesn't update like ups does. I f ing hate usps. I wish americanmuscle just used ups.
Depack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:48 AM   #3
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Usually when I order on Monday I get my stuff by Thursday with UPS. It's now Monday and it just got to my local USPS station.

And yes Dallas had some wintertime freezing weather but only got bad late Thursday night.

So conclusion, Government bureaucracy sucks = USPS (a department of the gov) = USPS sucks ball bearings.
I'm sorry to hear that there is a delay with your order! I would assume the winter weather definitely played a factor. I wish there was more I could do to speed up your order but after it leaves our facility it's really on the carrier!

Please let me know if you need some assistance or need me to look into your order for you!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2013, 09:07 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post

I'm sorry to hear that there is a delay with your order! I would assume the winter weather definitely played a factor. I wish there was more I could do to speed up your order but after it leaves our facility it's really on the carrier!

Please let me know if you need some assistance or need me to look into your order for you!

-Dan
Nah its cool. I'm biitching not at you AMsters but more at USPS
Old 12-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #5
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Nah its cool. I'm biitching not at you AMsters but more at USPS
I completely understand the frustration! I hate waiting for parts myself, patience was never really my thing when it came to car parts!

Let me know if I can be of any assistance!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

This is the handiwork of the USPS. I won't use 'em. The model was extremely well packed. And, its DIECAST. They beat it up so badly, they snapped the diecast frame, suspension, window frame... I put an insurance claim in and they actually paid, but this shouldn't have happened in the first place.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	box2.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	558.9 KB
ID:	140633   Click image for larger version

Name:	damage.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	784.4 KB
ID:	140634  

66Sprint200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:51 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sprint200 View Post
This is the handiwork of the USPS. I won't use 'em. The model was extremely well packed. And, its DIECAST. They beat it up so badly, they snapped the diecast frame, suspension, window frame... I put an insurance claim in and they actually paid, but this shouldn't have happened in the first place.
Holy shiit. Did u ship it from Afghanistan? Did the USPS truck drive over an land mine?
Old 12-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff

Complaining about slow shipping the week after Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Dude welcome to the holiday season. You do realize that ALL the shippers are going to be slower this time of year with massive volumes right?
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Holy shiit. Did u ship it from Afghanistan? Did the USPS truck drive over an land mine?
LOL No, scary enough it came from Columbus, Oh (couple hours drive from me in Pittsburgh). Had I known (ebay), I would have driven to get it.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:12 PM   #10
Staff
Regular
Staff

I will say I have had MilAir stuff come in better shape than that to the desert but they do beat up the packages a little. I got a 17" laptop out there in mint condition though. Good thing I didn't read the bulletin about not shipping anything with lithium batteries before I ordered it lol.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #11
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Complaining about slow shipping the week after Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Dude welcome to the holiday season. You do realize that ALL the shippers are going to be slower this time of year with massive volumes right?
Yes this ^
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I would agree if not for my experience that USPS when shipping packages average 1-2 days slower than ups
Old 12-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
I hate when my stuff is a 4 hour drive away and it takes 3 days to get here. That pisses me THE hell off!!
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #14
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
I would agree if not for my experience that USPS when shipping packages average 1-2 days slower than ups
That's typical too. You also aren't paying UPS/FedEx prices.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Nope. Your right I'm not paying for shipping prices
Old 12-09-2013, 12:52 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not yet, but it's certainly getting close. Friday I sent a train set to a friend in Scotland as a Christmas gift. USPS International Priority price=$110. FedEx, tracked, insured= $136. I spent the extra $26 for peace of mind.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:57 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Nope. Your right I'm not paying for shipping prices
Old 12-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #18
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Not yet, but it's certainly getting close. Friday I sent a train set to a friend in Scotland as a Christmas gift. USPS International Priority price=$110. FedEx, tracked, insured= $136. I spent the extra $26 for peace of mind.
International is a little different. Their prices are still substantially lower when shipping domestically but you did the right thing paying extra for the overseas shipping IMO. I've never had them lose something "knock on wood" yet but I have had UPS lose stuff. Just last week they said they delivered a package and definitely did not. Fun stuff. Got a ****ton of stuff coming in the next two weeks from USPS, UPS, FedEx and even effing DHL lol. Here's hoping.

Old 12-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
FedEx ftw !!!
Old 12-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
International is a little different. Their prices are still substantially lower when shipping domestically but you did the right thing paying extra for the overseas shipping IMO. I've never had them lose something "knock on wood" yet but I have had UPS lose stuff. Just last week they said they delivered a package and definitely did not. Fun stuff. Got a ****ton of stuff coming in the next two weeks from USPS, UPS, FedEx and even effing DHL lol. Here's hoping.
Don't get me started on usps international.... too late. My friend has been working his arse off to get me a particular model train. He shipped one in April... disappeared when it got to the States. Sent a second one in July (did I mention this is a very hard to get train) got to the US, the USPS CRUSHED it and the 3 other trains with it, sent it back to him with an "Oops we're sorry, we'll pay to replace it" note. His friend is personally delivering the next one in January.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:03 PM   #21
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
As to shipping times and the USPS, I believe they use the same planes as those that transport us humans. So, if a flight is delayed from the north to the south due to weather, that means any USPS shipments are delayed. If I send something using the USPS from Florida, the plane coming TO Florida from the north may be delayed, so the outbound flight FROM Florida is delayed.

The weather the past few weeks has been real bad, so that has a direct impact on shipping.

UPS and FedEx have a large inventory of their own planes, used exclusively for shipping only, and do not soly rely on passenger flights to get their shipping done. The USPS does not have this, or you'd be paying 10 bucks for a stamp to mail a letter!!!

You want it faster? Pay the higher cost of UPS/FedEx shipping. Their delivery vans also run non stop daily, verses the once a day a post office to the house or mailbox does.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:14 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I'm just stoked i'm getting my package a day earlier than expected. Which is unusual. Placed an order on AM at 3:30 central time, and was shipped the same day. Chose free shipping which normally, if i place an order on a friday, i get it wednesday. Checked the order number and the friggin thing is already out for delivery.

Agreed though. USPS is crap. But it's cheap. And they give alotta jobs. So every once in awhile i'll throw them a bone and let them ship a package for me.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
I'm just stoked i'm getting my package a day earlier than expected. Which is unusual. Placed an order on AM at 3:30 central time, and was shipped the same day. Chose free shipping which normally, if i place an order on a friday, i get it wednesday. Checked the order number and the friggin thing is already out for delivery.

Agreed though. USPS is crap. But it's cheap. And they give alotta jobs. So every once in awhile i'll throw them a bone and let them ship a package for me.
I hope they choke on that chicken bone you throw them... Lol
Old 12-09-2013, 03:54 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
I hope they choke on that chicken bone you throw them... Lol
http://youtu.be/mFEzW1Z6TRM
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:03 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

This is beyond bull****.
Thatdude156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:56 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Ignore the snout sticking out, that's not how it was, but it was ripped, heavily taped over, paint was scratched on my SC, so that has to be repainted, and then they bent a bolt that the elbow went over to bolt to the SC, luckly I was able to straighten it out.
I hate USPS, I always ship UPS, or FedEx.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-503667328.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	555.9 KB
ID:	140817   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4041049007.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	532.0 KB
ID:	140818  

xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx View Post
Ignore the snout sticking out, that's not how it was, but it was ripped, heavily taped over, paint was scratched on my SC, so that has to be repainted, and then they bent a bolt that the elbow went over to bolt to the SC, luckly I was able to straighten it out.
I'd file a claim. Those aren't cheap, why should you have to pay to have it refinished.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:

I'd file a claim. Those aren't cheap, why should you have to pay to have it refinished.
I'm repainting it myself, still shows the nicks but not that bad.
Here it is flat black the way I'm gonna leave it
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2874977411.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	489.5 KB
ID:	140967  
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:32 AM   #29
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx View Post
That's just shtitty packaging on whoever sent it. Pack, that properly and that won't happen. Anything with a snout like that needs bracing so if its dropped or banged it won't have a chance of being right on the snout. Plus its a heavy item, it's going to beat up the package from the inside with only paper cushioning.

As far as packing, I won't even let the UPS store package stuff for me honestly... they shipped a trans to me for $200 once. Thought it was ok to double box it and use packing peanuts. Packing peanuts... yeah... on a 100+lb transmisson, no wonder one of the ears broke off. They apparently also took over a month to refund the seller.

More holiday shenanigans on UPS's part, not USPS and not FedEx. Found out where my packages have been going, 2 houses down because I am on a corner and the temp help that UPS is using is too stupid to see the big house number nailed to the side of my house... Found the packages full of toys for my little girl after walking up/down the street looking. Saw packages that looked like the ones I was expecting, walked up on the doorstep, checked, yep they are mine, yoink. Guy was not home or I would have banged on his door and asked where the fcuk the package that disappeared last week was.

Final result was me driving around the neighborhood till I saw the UPS truck and talking to the driver. He was pretty pissed because apparently this guy is a fcuk up hire for the holiday push but that he would talk to him. If I have UPS lose another package I am going to get names and call/email corporate.

In the end of this post that turned into a rant, the only place that has NEVER lost one of my packages is the goddam Post Office lol. I've had FedEx deliver stuff to a house on a street with the same name as mine a whole town over and completely lose packages and this would not be the first issue I've had with UPS.

Final thought, its the holidays, volume is up like 10x normal, be prepared for screw ups although delivering to the wrong house multiple times... I really hope this guy is fired.

Old 12-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That's just shtitty packaging on whoever sent it. Pack, that properly and that won't happen. Anything with a snout like that needs bracing so if its dropped or banged it won't have a chance of being right on the snout. Plus its a heavy item, it's going to beat up the package from the inside with only paper cushioning.

As far as packing, I won't even let the UPS store package stuff for me honestly... they shipped a trans to me for $200 once. Thought it was ok to double box it and use packing peanuts. Packing peanuts... yeah... on a 100+lb transmisson, no wonder one of the ears broke off. They apparently also took over a month to refund the seller.

More holiday shenanigans on UPS's part, not USPS and not FedEx. Found out where my packages have been going, 2 houses down because I am on a corner and the temp help that UPS is using is too stupid to see the big house number nailed to the side of my house... Found the packages full of toys for my little girl after walking up/down the street looking. Saw packages that looked like the ones I was expecting, walked up on the doorstep, checked, yep they are mine, yoink. Guy was not home or I would have banged on his door and asked where the fcuk the package that disappeared last week was.

Final result was me driving around the neighborhood till I saw the UPS truck and talking to the driver. He was pretty pissed because apparently this guy is a fcuk up hire for the holiday push but that he would talk to him. If I have UPS lose another package I am going to get names and call/email corporate.

In the end of this post that turned into a rant, the only place that has NEVER lost one of my packages is the goddam Post Office lol. I've had FedEx deliver stuff to a house on a street with the same name as mine a whole town over and completely lose packages and this would not be the first issue I've had with UPS.

Final thought, its the holidays, volume is up like 10x normal, be prepared for screw ups although delivering to the wrong house multiple times... I really hope this guy is fired.
Nope just got an order from Stage3 (don't tell AM I cheated on them!)

Took the a whole of 3 days traveling time ups
Old 12-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #31
Staff
Regular
Staff

Well then Stage 3 should have packaged it better IMO. I dunno I was not there, like I said this time of year they are using temps to make up for the volume. Just the other day I got 3 FedEx packages from some dude out of a Budget rental van. I thought I was going to get stabbed, instead I got my video card/SSD/gaming keyboard and mouse I ordered woot woot.

Old 12-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #32
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Holy crap it looks like the mail man dropped it and then ran over it.

Who'd you upset at the post office?
Old 12-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #33
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Well then Stage 3 should have packaged it better IMO. I dunno I was not there, like I said this time of year they are using temps to make up for the volume. Just the other day I got 3 FedEx packages from some dude out of a Budget rental van. I thought I was going to get stabbed, instead I got my video card/SSD/gaming keyboard and mouse I ordered woot woot.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:57 PM   #34
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:

Wonder if the Holiday shipping season has anything to do with the slower shipment.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:58 PM   #35
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
Wonder if the Holiday shipping season has anything to do with the slower shipment.
Not possible

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle