Please AM tell me this is true - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-28-2013, 01:34 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
bsyo1021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Manassas
Region: Virginia
Posts: 177
Thats awesome for those who got it for the cheap pricing! The rest of us just have to suffer..
__________________
2012 GT with lots of stuff. ---> Overview Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn7qoKqQXwY
Updated Exhaust clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtxWRQlREmY
bsyo1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-28-2013, 08:00 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getn off View Post
When a product has a typo in advertising, the company does not have to honor the misprinted price btw.
If something seems too good to be true, it's usually because it is too good to be true!
Troy
An ex of mine bought a leather computer bag for $0.99. The stupid cashier was like "hmm... It's $.99 cents." To which my ex asked so can I still buy it? Yes. And then she went back and picked up every single bag there was. Retail price was like $119. That clerk should have been fired for not reporting the error right away lol
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:37 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
Davo_281GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bogalusa
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post

An ex of mine bought a leather computer bag for $0.99. The stupid cashier was like "hmm... It's $.99 cents." To which my ex asked so can I still buy it? Yes. And then she went back and picked up every single bag there was. Retail price was like $119. That clerk should have been fired for not reporting the error right away lol
Thats almost as bad as going to McDonalds and you spend about $16. You give them a $20; they give you change. (I rarely ever count it at the drive thru, since change is closely followed by drinks/food.) Drive home and pull the change out of my pocket later; its exactly $16. Lol.
__________________
"A mans reach should exceed his grasp."
Davo_281GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #39
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix, Az
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
An ex of mine bought a leather computer bag for $0.99. The stupid cashier was like "hmm... It's $.99 cents." To which my ex asked so can I still buy it? Yes. And then she went back and picked up every single bag there was. Retail price was like $119. That clerk should have been fired for not reporting the error right away lol
Probably was fired and/or had to pay the difference out of her check
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:26 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
bsyo1021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Manassas
Region: Virginia
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
Probably was fired and/or had to pay the difference out of her check
From what my girlfriend tells me about the grocery store she works at whenever someone is short on cash in their drawer they typically are just put on "watch" to make sure its not happening continuously. They don't make them cover the difference out of their check or anything like that.
__________________
2012 GT with lots of stuff. ---> Overview Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn7qoKqQXwY
Updated Exhaust clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtxWRQlREmY
bsyo1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:28 PM   #41
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix, Az
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsyo1021 View Post
From what my girlfriend tells me about the grocery store she works at whenever someone is short on cash in their drawer they typically are just put on "watch" to make sure its not happening continuously. They don't make them cover the difference out of their check or anything like that.
Yea I worked as a cashier for like 3 years and we weren't allowed to be over or short $5 but still every store is different
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
bsyo1021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Manassas
Region: Virginia
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
Yea I worked as a cashier for like 3 years and we weren't allowed to be over or short $5 but still every store is different
Yeah thats how it is for the cashiers where I work now but for them I think that the only thing that happens is they receive a write up. Again not a big deal..
__________________
2012 GT with lots of stuff. ---> Overview Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn7qoKqQXwY
Updated Exhaust clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtxWRQlREmY
bsyo1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:59 PM   #43
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix, Az
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsyo1021 View Post
Yeah thats how it is for the cashiers where I work now but for them I think that the only thing that happens is they receive a write up. Again not a big deal..
After a while they get the boot though
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
bsyo1021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Manassas
Region: Virginia
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
After a while they get the boot though
Well if its a consistent problem of course. At that point they deserve to haha
__________________
2012 GT with lots of stuff. ---> Overview Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn7qoKqQXwY
Updated Exhaust clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtxWRQlREmY
bsyo1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:07 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
Torchredfrankie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: California
Posts: 779
Well I'm a little upset with AM right now so my slp axle back was shipped and processed but at the last minute they canceled the order like WTF man I know it was a mistake but everything was processed and good to go. I was excited for them for a week now I feel like someone took my candy ): Never had a problem with AM till now /: ohh well you can't always have what you want.
Torchredfrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:38 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
Davo_281GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bogalusa
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchredfrankie View Post
Well I'm a little upset with AM right now so my slp axle back was shipped and processed but at the last minute they canceled the order like WTF man I know it was a mistake but everything was processed and good to go. I was excited for them for a week now I feel like someone took my candy ): Never had a problem with AM till now /: ohh well you can't always have what you want.
That blows! Well I don't feel left out now. Lol.
__________________
"A mans reach should exceed his grasp."
Davo_281GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:55 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
Torchredfrankie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: California
Posts: 779
Ugh!!!!! I'm so mad!!!! I feel like not even shopping with them anymore ))):
Torchredfrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:22 PM   #48
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchredfrankie View Post
Ugh!!!!! I'm so mad!!!! I feel like not even shopping with them anymore ))):

They do have the right to retract the order because of the mistaken price. Yea it does suck, but they did what they had to do, you can't blame them.

Maybe they will have a killer sale on them another time.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:51 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
EastTNMustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Knoxville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchredfrankie View Post
Ugh!!!!! I'm so mad!!!! I feel like not even shopping with them anymore ))):

Really? You saw the posts on the price error, you knew the price was in error when you placed the order and you are upset/mad? In the words of Cris Carter....come on man!
EastTNMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:13 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
Torchredfrankie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: California
Posts: 779
Looks like I was the only one to point it out on ME and still I don't get a thanks form AM starting to turn my head to LMR.
Torchredfrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:30 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchredfrankie View Post
Well I'm a little upset with AM right now so my slp axle back was shipped and processed but at the last minute they canceled the order like WTF man I know it was a mistake but everything was processed and good to go. I was excited for them for a week now I feel like someone took my candy ): Never had a problem with AM till now /: ohh well you can't always have what you want.
So you feel like someone took your candy away but you will have no issues with taking the candy away from someone else?

If AM were to sell it to you then they would have lost a shiit load more money than you would have paid on the sales price.

Them not selling to you at the wrong price results in no one really hurt.

You expecting them to honor the price at a loss of $150-200 would result in completely your gain and their loss.

I don't see the problem with them not selling it to you.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:27 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
Davo_281GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bogalusa
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post

So you feel like someone took your candy away but you will have no issues with taking the candy away from someone else?

If AM were to sell it to you then they would have lost a shiit load more money than you would have paid on the sales price.

Them not selling to you at the wrong price results in no one really hurt.

You expecting them to honor the price at a loss of $150-200 would result in completely your gain and their loss.

I don't see the problem with them not selling it to you.
You have a point. I don't think Frankie was being serious. Just kind of mad after having the order verified, processed and then canceled after a week of thinking it was coming. I was a bit disappointed, but I understand that they can't sell them at that price. Thats a huge loss!! Imagine if they hadn't caught it, and sold dozens of them. Somebody would be in deep!!
__________________
"A mans reach should exceed his grasp."
Davo_281GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:52 PM   #53
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
ronnie948's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Daytona Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 3,960
When you know a mistake was made:

A Short Story::::
When Working My Boss once paid me $60.00 to much one week.
Of course I said Nothing about it and cashed my check.

The next week my check was short $5.00
I went to the office and informed them my pay was short the $5.00.

My boss asked me why I did not inform him he paid me to much last week.
***************************WHY*************************************************

I told him "I can tolerate one mistake, But Not two mistakes in a row.

Ronnie
__________________
2012-candy red- V-6 MCA, Automatic Trans. CFM Valve cover breather. MMD blackTail light trim.Magnaflow axle back street mufflers, JLT oil catch can.MMD hood struts.
Airaid Cold Air intake. red caliper covers, 3.7L performance engine cover, Flat black hood spears.Boss 302 strut brace, CDC rear panel, Trunk Cargo net,--Dash carpet cover,
Viser stickers to cover ugly yellow warning crap,Aluminum driveshafft and Swarr Bar.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:17 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
A Short Story::::
When Working My Boss once paid me $60.00 to much one week.
Of course I said Nothing about it and cashed my check.

The next week my check was short $5.00
I went to the office and informed them my pay was short the $5.00.

My boss asked me why I did not inform him he paid me to much last week.
***************************WHY*************************************************

I told him "I can tolerate one mistake, But Not two mistakes in a row.

Ronnie
Bahaha good one Ronnie
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:59 PM   #55
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchredfrankie View Post
Looks like I was the only one to point it out on ME and still I don't get a thanks form AM starting to turn my head to LMR.
Thank you for posting up in the AM Sub-Forum to inform us! We certainly do appreciate it.

The first time we were informed of the mistake was earlier in the day by a customer calling into to confirm the price, actually. The only problem was it takes time to make adjustments to the site, so we were stuck for a few hours, which was a few hours too many.

However, we did try to make things right and come to a compromise for customers who placed the order. You should have received an email offering the exhaust for $265, which is way cheaper than we'll ever be able to sell them for moving forward. Did you receive the email?

If you didn't and would like the exhaust for $265, I'd be happy to setup the order for you. Let me know!

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:32 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchredfrankie View Post
Looks like I was the only one to point it out on ME and still I don't get a thanks form AM starting to turn my head to LMR.
Wow... No good deed should go unrewarded or unrecognized or unworshipped.

If ya gotta ask for a thanks whatever thanks you get is worth $0. Probably not even worth half a breath or a blink of one eye to read it.

But thanks any way.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:15 PM   #57
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
Torchredfrankie,

I haven't heard from you yet today. Please contact me at your earliest convenience, so I can make sure you're taken care of! I just sent you a PM too.

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:55 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
Torchredfrankie,

I haven't heard from you yet today. Please contact me at your earliest convenience, so I can make sure you're taken care of! I just sent you a PM too.

Shane
Sorry to make ur job harder Shane by giving Torchy a hard time.

You have far more patience than I do but then its not my job to be nice to AMs customers lol.

Thanks Shane
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:32 PM   #59
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Sorry to make ur job harder Shane by giving Torchy a hard time.

You have far more patience than I do but then its not my job to be nice to AMs customers lol.

Thanks Shane
No need for an apology man. Although I do appreciate the kind gesture!

Don't worry about making my job difficult, there's no sweat over here. I'd be on the forums even if I wasn't getting paid haha.

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:37 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
Davo_281GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bogalusa
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post

No need for an apology man. Although I do appreciate the kind gesture!

Don't worry about making my job difficult, there's no sweat over here. I'd be on the forums even if I wasn't getting paid haha.

Shane
Paid to scout forums all day...sounds like my kind of job!!
__________________
"A mans reach should exceed his grasp."
Davo_281GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:51 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular
 
Davo_281GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bogalusa
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post

No need for an apology man. Although I do appreciate the kind gesture!

Don't worry about making my job difficult, there's no sweat over here. I'd be on the forums even if I wasn't getting paid haha.

Shane
Paid to scout forums all day...sounds like my kind of job!!
__________________
"A mans reach should exceed his grasp."
Davo_281GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:32 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
NicholasP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
A Short Story:::: When Working My Boss once paid me $60.00 to much one week. Of course I said Nothing about it and cashed my check. The next week my check was short $5.00 I went to the office and informed them my pay was short the $5.00. My boss asked me why I did not inform him he paid me to much last week. ***************************WHY************************************************* I told him "I can tolerate one mistake, But Not two mistakes in a row. Ronnie
Heh heh heh funny guy
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:04 AM   #63
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchredfrankie View Post
Looks like I was the only one to point it out on ME and still I don't get a thanks form AM starting to turn my head to LMR.
Did your parents not hug you enough as a kid?
CoolHorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
Torchredfrankie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: California
Posts: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHorsey View Post

Did your parents not hug you enough as a kid?
No I made it on my own, my dad died in combat and my mom of cancer.
Torchredfrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:25 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular
 
EastTNMustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Knoxville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 428
Ok...it's probably time to close this thread.
EastTNMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:23 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular
 
Torchredfrankie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: California
Posts: 779
Damn now the gen5 tail lights are $400 wtf??? What happened?? Just because they are now in stock? Smh smh
Torchredfrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:19 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.