Help me AM - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 01-21-2014, 05:10 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Help me AM

So I bought a tuner through craigslist. It is a Sct Livewire tuner. The non touchscreen one. It was only $100 so I bought it and I didn't think it was locked but if it was I was thinking it would still be cheaper to get it unmarried rather than buying a new one. Okay so now to the real question. I came to you guys because your customer service is the best in the market and I need you guys to help me out. If I sent you guys my tuner could you guys unmarry it if I also buy the free tunes for life program? If I'm going to pay $150 to do this I might as well go through a better company (American Muscle) rather than going to the money sucking people at sct. Please get back to me and help a brotha out.

Thank you

Lane
Current Vehicle: 2012 Black Mustang 3.7 with a k&n 69 typhoon sieries CAI Ford racing Strut tower brace Forgestar f14s on the way 😈 | Past vehicles Ford ranger | 2001 Jeep Wranger | 2007 White v6 mustang |

Lmo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2014, 07:24 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
If I'm not mistaken, it is 150 for the tunes for life and to get it unmarried is another 150
bkh1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:12 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkh1994 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, it is 150 for the tunes for life and to get it unmarried is another 150
That is true.. The question is can I just pay $150 and get both
Current Vehicle: 2012 Black Mustang 3.7 with a k&n 69 typhoon sieries CAI Ford racing Strut tower brace Forgestar f14s on the way 😈 | Past vehicles Ford ranger | 2001 Jeep Wranger | 2007 White v6 mustang |

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2014, 08:13 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Nope
bkh1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:14 PM   #5
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
If the tuner is locked then it HAS to be sent to SCT.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:50 AM   #6
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
It seems OP is about to pay more than if he had just bought new from American Muscle :/

Sent from my HTC One X using Mustang Evolution mobile app
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:34 AM   #7
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Yep. Should have done some searching here on this site to locate the threads that have been posted on unmarried/unlocked tuners.

I doubt AM can (legally) unlock your tune, as they are not the manufacturer of it. As stated, SCT gets $150.00 to unlock, then you can buy the tunes for life from AM.

All in all, the OP will have $400.00 invested in that tuner and tunes for life. Cheaper had he gone with a new one with the tunes for life from AM.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:08 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I will not have paid more and I guarantee that bama performance can unlock them. It doesn't HAVE to be sent in. I did my research even if I pay for it all I will like bucko said I will be paying $400 as opposed to the $599 new that am and other sites sell them for and for your information I have talked to a representative at AM who told me that this is not far fetched and can be easily done. SCT is not the only ones that can unlock there tuners. Many shops can do it.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:14 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmo36 View Post
I will not have paid more and I guarantee that bama performance can unlock them. It doesn't HAVE to be sent in. I did my research even if I pay for it all I will like bucko said I will be paying $400 as opposed to the $599 new that am and other sites sell them for and for your information I have talked to a representative at AM who told me that this is not far fetched and can be easily done. SCT is not the only ones that can unlock there tuners. Many shops can do it.
Man, I just would of spent that extra 100$ and got the hassle free, easy way lol.
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:16 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang50 View Post
Man, I just would of spent that extra 100$ and got the hassle free, easy way lol.
Hahaha I'm all about saving money regardless of how hard it is

Old 01-22-2014, 11:34 AM   #11
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
So I bought a tuner through craigslist. It is a Sct Livewire tuner. The non touchscreen one. It was only $100 so I bought it and I didn't think it was locked but if it was I was thinking it would still be cheaper to get it unmarried rather than buying a new one. Okay so now to the real question. I came to you guys because your customer service is the best in the market and I need you guys to help me out. If I sent you guys my tuner could you guys unmarry it if I also buy the free tunes for life program? If I'm going to pay $150 to do this I might as well go through a better company (American Muscle) rather than going to the money sucking people at sct. Please get back to me and help a brotha out.

Thank you

Lane
I would love to help you out here and we we can definitely set you up with free tunes for life. However, these guys are correct. The Tuner has to be sent back to SCT to be unlocked. We don't have the software to unlock their devices. SCT charges a one time fee of $150 to unlock the device and it's also a one time fee of $150 to buy into our free tunes for life program. Since you got the device so cheap, you will end up saving a couple bucks! Keep in mind you'll also be responsible for the shipping back to SCT.

I really wish I could be more help here. However, my hands are tied on the Unlocking process. Please shoot me a PM with your best contact information and I'll do what we can to help you out on our end with the Free tunes for life!

Hope this helps.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:43 PM   #12
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
I didn't realize you had gotten the LiveWire tuner. I missed it in your first post. In that case, good job. Gonna save you almost $200. I thought you got the regular handheld SCT tuner that most buy.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle