My first experience with AM - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 01-27-2014, 02:43 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
My first experience with AM

So I ordered my tuner, intake and exhaust from AM. The package came in today and looked really bad (not sure who's at fault) My exhaust and tuner were missing. I called cust service and for some reason, they shipped everything separate with no record of the tracking numbers. They did call me back with some tracking numbers, and I will see if they show up, but so far the experience has been mediocre at best.
v6rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2014, 02:49 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Yah be careful man and even if you don't intend to install a part rite away make sure you open the boxes and make sure everything is there!!... I ordered a few things off the site and my Mach 1 chin spoiler didn't come with any of the hardware to install it haha so I have yet to install it... Not a huge deal but pretty annoying!
KraftDinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:29 PM   #3
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
AM will make good of this.

Unfortunately, they cannot control how the packages get handled once they leave their facility. The "chimps" that are sometimes used to toss packages from a truck to a plane and back to a truck do not take care of some packages, and they arrive at your location less than desirable. Whenever I order a high dollar item, I request a "signature required" so that I can inspect the package, while the delivery person is there (I don't sign until I open and inspect the goods). You can do this by having the package delivered to your residence, or your work; just be sure to inform your work location person that accepts the package to CALL YOU for signature.
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2014, 03:40 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Best bet is to call them!... I emailed them about the missing hard where and never got a response haha I will just buy my own when I have time to put it on but definitely can be annoying so I hear yah sometimes its just not as smooth as you would hope.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:22 PM   #5
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6rebel View Post
So I ordered my tuner, intake and exhaust from AM. The package came in today and looked really bad (not sure who's at fault) My exhaust and tuner were missing. I called cust service and for some reason, they shipped everything separate with no record of the tracking numbers. They did call me back with some tracking numbers, and I will see if they show up, but so far the experience has been mediocre at best.
v6rebel,

Sorry your packaged arrived in rough shape! If there's any damage to the intake, we can absolutely exchange it for new, at no cost to you. Unfortunately, once the packages leave our warehouse to UPS, we no longer have control of how the boxes are treated. Most of the time UPS does a good job of taking care of the packages, but that's not always the case. Regardless, we'll always do right by our customer's and replace any damaged parts that arrive to your door!

It sounds like our Mustang Experts took care of you with a tracking number though. Hopefully UPS does a better job with the rest of the products. If they don't, again don't feel hesitate to give us a shout!

I'm sorry your first experience wasn't very idle here. I do want to apologize for that. However, I think you'll find future experiences to be much smoother. Plus, you'll see how much we push to provide top notch customer service!

Hit me up if there's anything else I can do for you!

Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraftDinner View Post
Yah be careful man and even if you don't intend to install a part rite away make sure you open the boxes and make sure everything is there!!... I ordered a few things off the site and my Mach 1 chin spoiler didn't come with any of the hardware to install it haha so I have yet to install it... Not a huge deal but pretty annoying!
KraftDinner,

I can't believe you never received a response back from our Email Team. They're usually really on top of their game!

Don't worry though, I can still get you taken care of. Send me a PM with your First/Last name and shipping address. I'll have new hardware sent out to you!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:47 PM   #6
Road Trip!

I sent PM. If American Muscle takes care of this for me then I will be ordering the Eibach Pro-System-Plus kit from them as soon as its back in stock
Old 01-27-2014, 09:06 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I ordered my intake and exhaust through them and got a tracking number no problem. Packages came in fine shape with everything included. Haven't had any bad experiences so far and have made at least two orders! Like Kraft I'm saving and can't wait to order the eibach pro system plus suspension kit.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:59 AM   #8
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

v6rebel,

I haven't heard from you, so I'm assuming you're taking care of. If not, you know where to find me!

Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraftDinner View Post
I sent PM. If American Muscle takes care of this for me then I will be ordering the Eibach Pro-System-Plus kit from them as soon as its back in stock
Bets like this may cost you an Eibach Pro-System-Plus kit you know!

You can expect a phone call today to talk about the two different shipping options you mentioned. Whichever one you decide is best, we'll ship the hardware out ASAP.

As always, let me know if there's anything else I can do for you!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 01-29-2014, 02:25 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

What is the return policy on exhaust? I bought the roush and the sound is unbearable.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:29 PM   #10
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
What is the return policy on exhaust? I bought the roush and the sound is unbearable.
We have the ability to return all unused products at no additional fee for the first 30days. After that, as long as the product is unused, returns are accepted with a 10% restocking fee. Of course, if a part is damaged or defective, than we can absolutely return it at any point at no extra cost.

Used exhaust is not returnable without defects or damage upon arrival. We don't sell any used products either, unfortunately. For a situation where you don't favor the exhaust's tone, your best bet would be to resell the exhaust on the forum. With such lower miles, you should be able to resell for a near retail value.

I'm surprised you don't like the Roush exhaust though. A ton of other members run the same axleback and love it. Are you still using the factory mid-pipe? If not, are you using high-flow cats? Catalytic converters really help crisp up the tone of the Roush exhaust IMO.

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 01-29-2014, 03:34 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

The biggest prob is the highway tone. Vibrates everything in the car in 6th gear. I haven't changed anything but this exhaust and the air raid intake
Old 01-29-2014, 09:01 PM   #12
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
The biggest prob is the highway tone. Vibrates everything in the car in 6th gear. I haven't changed anything but this exhaust and the air raid intake

It's drone...... This is why it's always recommended to watch videos of the exhaust from an in car perspective as well as the out of car perspective. Look at reviews ect..... I probably watched 500+ videos before buying my exhaust.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:08 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Guess I'm going back to stock!
Old 01-29-2014, 09:48 PM   #14
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
For a sound similar to the roush but with no drone I would go with Borla Stinger.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:59 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
The Borla S-type or stinger is what I have and I love the sound.

And no drone that I have ever heard.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:02 PM   #16
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Gotcha. They do tend to drone at low RPM and high load cruising. Especially with the v6 cars. I've found the best mufflers to completely eliminate drone, is the Corsa Sport Axlebacks. Corsa as a whole focuses on exhaust flow performance, but also minimizing interior drone for all of their products. They're definitely leaders in the performance exhaust industry!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 01-30-2014, 01:05 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I fixed with 2 glass packs!

Lower Navigation