Tuner/dump - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 02-04-2014, 04:08 PM   #1

Region: Texas
Tuner/dump

When I install performance parts do I need to dyno it or can I just run a performance tuner on it?
Taylorbrt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2014, 11:29 AM   #2
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorbrt4 View Post
When I install performance parts do I need to dyno it or can I just run a performance tuner on it?
Depending on the performance parts you're referring to, you may or may not need a custom tune. You'll always benefit from a custom tune, even with a bone stock Mustang. There's plenty of adjustments to be made to a stock car to improve throttle response and power throughout the RPM range.

A dyno tune is usually only necessary when your Mustang is heavily modified with a supercharger or turbo. For any bolt-on mods, a custom email order tune will work perfectly and just as efficient as a dyno tune, if not more efficient (depending on your tuner).

What kind of mods are running or planning to run?

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:55 PM   #3

Well I plan on running bbk cold air, bbk shorty headers with magnaflow cat back exhaust and a 65 mm throttle body.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2014, 04:02 PM   #4
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Well I plan on running bbk cold air, bbk shorty headers with magnaflow cat back exhaust and a 65 mm throttle body.
These are exactly the type of mods our Bama Performance Team writes tunes for every day. You'll absolutely see large improvements with a Bama custom tune, over stock! Is your '05 GT a manual or automatic transmission? If it's an auto, there's a lot of improvements to be made in the shift points alone.

Also, do you plan on changing the mid-pipe or cats? There's a good bit more power to gain there by switching to mid-pipe with high flow cats or using a catless mid-pipe. Especially since you're going to be using shorty headers.

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-05-2014, 06:32 PM   #5

well my mustang is a manual. if you say that high flow cats work with mid pipe then thats what i will do. because this is the first performance car that i have owned. the people that i work with dont think a gt has that much potential. i want to show them other wise. how much experience do you have in all this stuff.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:49 AM   #6
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
well my mustang is a manual. if you say that high flow cats work with mid pipe then thats what i will do. because this is the first performance car that i have owned. the people that i work with dont think a gt has that much potential. i want to show them other wise. how much experience do you have in all this stuff.
Yes, high flow cats will help with sound and performance. However, if you're planning on buying shorty headers and a mid-pipe at the same time, you might as well go with LT headers and a shorty mid-pipe instead. You'll see more significant power gains with LT headers, than shorties.

I have a ton of experience with performance cars and Mustangs in particular. I've personally built numerous late model Mustangs, but I've also partaken in Bolt-On Build-Up projects here at AM. Check out our 2007 GT that we built up in multiple stages. It may give you ideas for your build!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Tags
texas