Ford 24lb Injectors - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2014, 11:47 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
JetLife 01GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: California
Posts: 598
Ford 24lb Injectors

Can bama tune for these injectors? Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1392011217.952569.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	499.9 KB
ID:	147490
__________________
2001 GT

Engine/Drivetrain: SCT iTSX with BAMA 91 Race Tune, Airaid CAI, JBA O/R H-Pipe, SLP Power-Flo Catback, Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Exedy Lightweight Flywheel

Suspension: H&R SuperSport Springs, KYB Shocks & Struts
JetLife 01GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-10-2014, 01:24 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Stock Cobra injectors? Yes.

Sent from my XT1030 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:57 AM   #3
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLife 01GT View Post
Can bama tune for these injectors? Attachment 147490
Yes, we can tune for 24lb Injectors. This is an extremely common set up for the New Edge Mustangs! Just hit up the Bama team and let them know that you're adding the injectors and we'll gladly get you squared away! You can reach the Bama team at the contact information in my signature below.

Hope this helps!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-10-2014, 08:59 AM   #4
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
Absolutely! This is one of the most common aftermarket injectors used for these cars. Especially New Edge GT's with boost or dry nitrous!

Although, looking at the mods in your signature. I don't see any reason your factory injectors won't suffice for now. As long as they're in good operating condition, there would be zero benefits switching to these 24lb injectors with your current mods.

What's your plans/reasons for picking up the injectors?

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:04 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
JetLife 01GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: California
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
Absolutely! This is one of the most common aftermarket injectors used for these cars. Especially New Edge GT's with boost or dry nitrous!

Although, looking at the mods in your signature. I don't see any reason your factory injectors won't suffice for now. As long as they're in good operating condition, there would be zero benefits switching to these 24lb injectors with your current mods.

What's your plans/reasons for picking up the injectors?

Shane

Well I would like 21/lb but 24/lb seem easier to come by. My next plans are a plenum/tb. After the plenum/tb I'll be almost full bolt on minus headers/gears. And I don't plan on getting either of those. So I'm like 90% sure I'll be doing cams after that. I figured after the plenum/tb at WOT my 19/lb will be pushed close to the limit. Also I saw like three good deals on CL on brand new injectors over the weekend lol. The reason I asked is because I read that bama may not tune for the injectors if they're not frpp.
__________________
2001 GT

Engine/Drivetrain: SCT iTSX with BAMA 91 Race Tune, Airaid CAI, JBA O/R H-Pipe, SLP Power-Flo Catback, Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Exedy Lightweight Flywheel

Suspension: H&R SuperSport Springs, KYB Shocks & Struts
JetLife 01GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:44 AM   #6
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLife 01GT View Post
Well I would like 21/lb but 24/lb seem easier to come by. My next plans are a plenum/tb. After the plenum/tb I'll be almost full bolt on minus headers/gears. And I don't plan on getting either of those. So I'm like 90% sure I'll be doing cams after that. I figured after the plenum/tb at WOT my 19/lb will be pushed close to the limit. Also I saw like three good deals on CL on brand new injectors over the weekend lol. The reason I asked is because I read that bama may not tune for the injectors if they're not frpp.
Ahh I see! The new 24lb injectors won't be needed for full bolt-ons, but if you're adding cams I understand. Bama can certainly tune for Ford 24lb'ersKeep your factory 19lb'ers on there until the cams are installed though. Your GT will run best with the factory 19's and they'll still be able to deliver plenty of fuel.

Which camshafts were you planning on using?

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:32 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
JetLife 01GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: California
Posts: 598
Ford 24lb Injectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
Ahh I see! The new 24lb injectors won't be needed for full bolt-ons, but if you're adding cams I understand. Bama can certainly tune for Ford 24lb'ersKeep your factory 19lb'ers on there until the cams are installed though. Your GT will run best with the factory 19's and they'll still be able to deliver plenty of fuel.



Which camshafts were you planning on using?



Shane

Probably stage 2 maybe 1. Nothing too crazy and I know the more aggressive cams usually require higher gears. I'm hoping this can be my summer project. I just haven't had time to get around to get really looking into it yet. Any recommendations?
__________________
2001 GT

Engine/Drivetrain: SCT iTSX with BAMA 91 Race Tune, Airaid CAI, JBA O/R H-Pipe, SLP Power-Flo Catback, Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Exedy Lightweight Flywheel

Suspension: H&R SuperSport Springs, KYB Shocks & Struts
JetLife 01GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:45 AM   #8
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLife 01GT View Post
Probably stage 2 maybe 1. Nothing too crazy and I know the more aggressive cams usually require higher gears. I'm hoping this can be my summer project. I just haven't had time to get around to get really looking into it yet. Any recommendations?
If you're going to go through the process of changing the camshafts, but don't want anything crazy. Than I highly recommend the Comp Stage 2 XE268H camshafts. The reason I like these camshafts so much is because of the following:

- they'll pick up decent power and torque throughout the RPM range.
- have a noticeably more aggressive idle (my favorite part)
- don't require a crazy rear gear ratio. Stock works fine, but prefer a little higher
- keeps excellent street manners
- can still work with boost if you decide to go add a supercharger later on

Aftermarket camshafts are a lot of fun. Every Mustang I've ever owned, had it's factory camshaft or camshafts changed at one point. It was well worth it every time too!

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
US members rejoice! Ford confirms ecoboost 4 but for Europe only Ricky35 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6) 144 04-10-2013 04:01 PM
Useful Mustang Information - READ THIS FIRST! Trojan Horse 1979-1995 Mustang GT 24 11-19-2012 10:54 PM
1995 Mustang SVT Cobra Project yellow99 1979-1995 Mustang GT 0 09-03-2011 06:51 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



10:00 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.