Regular

Region: California
Ford 24lb Injectors

Can bama tune for these injectors? Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1392011217.952569.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	499.9 KB
ID:	147490

Engine/Drivetrain: SCT iTSX with BAMA 91 Race Tune, Airaid CAI, JBA O/R H-Pipe, SLP Power-Flo Catback, Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Exedy Lightweight Flywheel

Suspension: H&R SuperSport Springs, KYB Shocks & Struts
JetLife 01GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2014, 01:24 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Stock Cobra injectors? Yes.

Sent from my XT1030 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:57 AM   #3
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLife 01GT View Post
Can bama tune for these injectors? Attachment 147490
Yes, we can tune for 24lb Injectors. This is an extremely common set up for the New Edge Mustangs! Just hit up the Bama team and let them know that you're adding the injectors and we'll gladly get you squared away! You can reach the Bama team at the contact information in my signature below.

Hope this helps!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2014, 08:59 AM   #4
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Absolutely! This is one of the most common aftermarket injectors used for these cars. Especially New Edge GT's with boost or dry nitrous!

Although, looking at the mods in your signature. I don't see any reason your factory injectors won't suffice for now. As long as they're in good operating condition, there would be zero benefits switching to these 24lb injectors with your current mods.

What's your plans/reasons for picking up the injectors?

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:04 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
Absolutely! This is one of the most common aftermarket injectors used for these cars. Especially New Edge GT's with boost or dry nitrous!

Although, looking at the mods in your signature. I don't see any reason your factory injectors won't suffice for now. As long as they're in good operating condition, there would be zero benefits switching to these 24lb injectors with your current mods.

What's your plans/reasons for picking up the injectors?

Shane

Well I would like 21/lb but 24/lb seem easier to come by. My next plans are a plenum/tb. After the plenum/tb I'll be almost full bolt on minus headers/gears. And I don't plan on getting either of those. So I'm like 90% sure I'll be doing cams after that. I figured after the plenum/tb at WOT my 19/lb will be pushed close to the limit. Also I saw like three good deals on CL on brand new injectors over the weekend lol. The reason I asked is because I read that bama may not tune for the injectors if they're not frpp.

Engine/Drivetrain: SCT iTSX with BAMA 91 Race Tune, Airaid CAI, JBA O/R H-Pipe, SLP Power-Flo Catback, Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Exedy Lightweight Flywheel

Old 02-10-2014, 11:44 AM   #6
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Well I would like 21/lb but 24/lb seem easier to come by. My next plans are a plenum/tb. After the plenum/tb I'll be almost full bolt on minus headers/gears. And I don't plan on getting either of those. So I'm like 90% sure I'll be doing cams after that. I figured after the plenum/tb at WOT my 19/lb will be pushed close to the limit. Also I saw like three good deals on CL on brand new injectors over the weekend lol. The reason I asked is because I read that bama may not tune for the injectors if they're not frpp.
Ahh I see! The new 24lb injectors won't be needed for full bolt-ons, but if you're adding cams I understand. Bama can certainly tune for Ford 24lb'ersKeep your factory 19lb'ers on there until the cams are installed though. Your GT will run best with the factory 19's and they'll still be able to deliver plenty of fuel.

Which camshafts were you planning on using?

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-10-2014, 12:32 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Ford 24lb Injectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
Ahh I see! The new 24lb injectors won't be needed for full bolt-ons, but if you're adding cams I understand. Bama can certainly tune for Ford 24lb'ersKeep your factory 19lb'ers on there until the cams are installed though. Your GT will run best with the factory 19's and they'll still be able to deliver plenty of fuel.

Which camshafts were you planning on using?

Shane

Probably stage 2 maybe 1. Nothing too crazy and I know the more aggressive cams usually require higher gears. I'm hoping this can be my summer project. I just haven't had time to get around to get really looking into it yet. Any recommendations?

Old 02-11-2014, 09:45 AM   #8
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Probably stage 2 maybe 1. Nothing too crazy and I know the more aggressive cams usually require higher gears. I'm hoping this can be my summer project. I just haven't had time to get around to get really looking into it yet. Any recommendations?
If you're going to go through the process of changing the camshafts, but don't want anything crazy. Than I highly recommend the Comp Stage 2 XE268H camshafts. The reason I like these camshafts so much is because of the following:

- they'll pick up decent power and torque throughout the RPM range.
- have a noticeably more aggressive idle (my favorite part)
- don't require a crazy rear gear ratio. Stock works fine, but prefer a little higher
- keeps excellent street manners
- can still work with boost if you decide to go add a supercharger later on

Aftermarket camshafts are a lot of fun. Every Mustang I've ever owned, had it's factory camshaft or camshafts changed at one point. It was well worth it every time too!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle