Originally Posted by JetLife 01GT
Probably stage 2 maybe 1. Nothing too crazy and I know the more aggressive cams usually require higher gears. I'm hoping this can be my summer project. I just haven't had time to get around to get really looking into it yet. Any recommendations?
If you're going to go through the process of changing the camshafts, but don't want anything crazy. Than I highly recommend the Comp Stage 2 XE268H camshafts
. The reason I like these camshafts so much is because of the following:
- they'll pick up decent power and torque throughout the RPM range.
- have a noticeably more aggressive idle (my favorite part
- don't require a crazy rear gear ratio. Stock works fine, but prefer a little higher
- keeps excellent street manners
- can still work with boost if you decide to go add a supercharger later on
Aftermarket camshafts are a lot of fun. Every Mustang I've ever owned, had it's factory camshaft or camshafts changed at one point. It was well worth it every time too!