Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1392766577.942077.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	901.6 KB
ID:	148137Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1392766602.713601.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	1,001.7 KB
ID:	148138

So I just got my chin spoiler in the mail today. First off the hard ware was all over the box cause there was a hole in the bag and I assume whoever shipped it out knew about the hole in the bag cause they tried to put a little piece Of tape over it. So hopefully I'm not missing any hardware when I go to install it. But my main concern is the bumps on top of the spoiler where the screws go. Is it normal to have these or is the chin spookier damaged? It looks a little misshaped to me but that could be just a because it's not on the car. Any help will be appreciated.
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2014, 08:47 AM   #2
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adogg View Post
Attachment 148137Attachment 148138

So I just got my chin spoiler in the mail today. First off the hard ware was all over the box cause there was a hole in the bag and I assume whoever shipped it out knew about the hole in the bag cause they tried to put a little piece Of tape over it. So hopefully I'm not missing any hardware when I go to install it. But my main concern is the bumps on top of the spoiler where the screws go. Is it normal to have these or is the chin spookier damaged? It looks a little misshaped to me but that could be just a because it's not on the car. Any help will be appreciated.
I'm sorry to hear about the hardware bag ripping. You most likely aren't missing any hardware but if you are, we can definitely send you a new hardware pack.

The Spoiler doesn't look damaged. It's normal to see some bumps in the chin spoiler when you first pop it out of the box because of the way it's shipped. That material should unfold and smooth itself out if you let it sit out for a day or two. Before installation you could also throw a little heat at it and it will help speed up the process of smoothing it out.

If you're having issues with the installation because of that bump let us know and we'll get you a replacement sent out. I don't think you'll have any issues, though!

I hope this helps.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:33 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
The hardware bag wasn't a big deal I understand that **** happens. But the bumps do look smaller today I will wait till this weekend to install it and hopefully everything will go good. Thank you for your help
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2014, 08:24 AM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
The hardware bag wasn't a big deal I understand that **** happens. But the bumps do look smaller today I will wait till this weekend to install it and hopefully everything will go good. Thank you for your help
Yeah, but I understand the frustration of the bag showing up ripped. You ordered a new part, the hardware should all be there. If you're missing any don't hesitate to give me a call! I'll be sure to overnight you new hardware.

Keep us posted on the small bumps on the chin spoiler. It should all be evened out by this weekend. That's completely normal because of the way the product ships!

Hope this helps.

-Dan
Old 02-20-2014, 08:28 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
Yeah, but I understand the frustration of the bag showing up ripped. You ordered a new part, the hardware should all be there. If you're missing any don't hesitate to give me a call! I'll be sure to overnight you new hardware.

Keep us posted on the small bumps on the chin spoiler. It should all be evened out by this weekend. That's completely normal because of the way the product ships!

Hope this helps.

-Dan

Alright will do sir, any helpful tips on installing one of these? It's seems really simple.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:34 AM   #6
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Alright will do sir, any helpful tips on installing one of these? It's seems really simple.
The installation is definitely simple. To make it even easier, I held the chin spoiler up to the car and dotted each location I was going to install a screw with a Silver sharpie. This way, I had a great place to start and everything would be a breeze. This worked for me, it may help you with the install also!

Other than that, it's a very simple job.

Hope this helps you with the install!

-Dan
Old 02-20-2014, 08:35 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
The installation is definitely simple. To make it even easier, I held the chin spoiler up to the car and dotted each location I was going to install a screw with a Silver sharpie. This way, I had a great place to start and everything would be a breeze. This worked for me, it may help you with the install also!

Other than that, it's a very simple job.

Hope this helps you with the install!

-Dan

Where you placed those marks do you have to drill holes in the bumper?
Old 02-20-2014, 09:08 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

AMDanBailer >>> that's awesome customer service!
zeus.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle