Tuner question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2014, 09:45 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
olds442111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Hammond
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 303
Send a message via AIM to olds442111
Tuner question

I have received my X3/SF3 SCT / Bama tuner from AM, and have a few questions.
Where's the user adjustable parameters? Such as rev limiter, speed governor, fan turn on temperature, etc.
Is this just adjustable on the stock tune, or with a custom tune, or not adjustable at all? Hoping its not the latter of the 3. Will be a huge disappointment.
__________________
White 2014 GT coupe / Auto Trans / Louisiana
olds442111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-25-2014, 10:57 AM   #2
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by olds442111 View Post
I have received my X3/SF3 SCT / Bama tuner from AM, and have a few questions.
Where's the user adjustable parameters? Such as rev limiter, speed governor, fan turn on temperature, etc.
Is this just adjustable on the stock tune, or with a custom tune, or not adjustable at all? Hoping its not the latter of the 3. Will be a huge disappointment.
All of the settings that you listed can be adjusted. However, to keep your Mustang safe majority of the user parameters are actually blocked. It's very important that only an expert or someone with experience adjust the parameters in your Mustangs tune. I have faith that you could adjust the above parameters that you listed, but we would feel more comfortable adjusting them for you.

Just hit up the Bama team directly and we can email you a new tune right away. This will only take a few minutes! That's the benefit of our free tunes for life program. We can make any necessary adjustments for you very quickly. Even if you need a new tune, want a new tune, would like to try a different option, datalog etc.. that is all included.

I hope this helps clear things up! Our Bama Performance tuning specialists are here in the building Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST and Saturday 9AM-5:30PM EST. You can hit them up directly at 888.226.9764 and they'll get you squared away!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:07 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
olds442111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Hammond
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 303
Send a message via AIM to olds442111
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
All of the settings that you listed can be adjusted. However, to keep your Mustang safe majority of the user parameters are actually blocked. It's very important that only an expert or someone with experience adjust the parameters in your Mustangs tune. I have faith that you could adjust the above parameters that you listed, but we would feel more comfortable adjusting them for you.

Just hit up the Bama team directly and we can email you a new tune right away. This will only take a few minutes! That's the benefit of our free tunes for life program. We can make any necessary adjustments for you very quickly. Even if you need a new tune, want a new tune, would like to try a different option, datalog etc.. that is all included.

I hope this helps clear things up! Our Bama Performance tuning specialists are here in the building Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST and Saturday 9AM-5:30PM EST. You can hit them up directly at 888.226.9764 and they'll get you squared away!

-Dan
I appreciate the concern, but I was misled by the SCT site when I read that these were all adjustable. Wasn't aware that it would all be locked out and have to be done by a 3rd party. I'm not new to tuning my vehicles and would like control over these things. Can it just be unlocked?
__________________
White 2014 GT coupe / Auto Trans / Louisiana
olds442111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-25-2014, 07:03 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
olds442111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Hammond
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 303
Send a message via AIM to olds442111
Email replied to with a custom tune request
__________________
White 2014 GT coupe / Auto Trans / Louisiana
olds442111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:07 AM   #5
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by olds442111 View Post
I appreciate the concern, but I was misled by the SCT site when I read that these were all adjustable. Wasn't aware that it would all be locked out and have to be done by a 3rd party. I'm not new to tuning my vehicles and would like control over these things. Can it just be unlocked?
I'm sorry to hear that you were mislead. We will do whatever we can to make sure you're taken care of and that you enjoy your tuner. Please give the Bama team a call directly and they'll help you out!

Our Bama Performance tuning specialists are here in the building Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST and Saturday 9AM-5:30PM EST. You can hit them up directly at 888.226.9764 and they'll get you squared away!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:43 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: College Station
Region: Texas
Posts: 130
I can adjust my parameters? Just go into your strategy tune and you should be able to change some of them. I only change my nuetral rev limiter and i bring down the Drive rev limiter a few hundred rpm..I dont like shifting on a hard redline..just cant be good for your car overtime lol.
__________________
2013 DIB 3.7-Pypes Pype Bomb black axlebacks, BBK shorty headers, Bama & MPT tunes, Steeda Ultralite Springs, J&M steel adj. panhard, Roush hood scoop, Street scene Gen 2 chin spoiler painted to match, Custom billet grille, painted side mirror covers, 20" gloss black AMR wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos.

Follow me on instagram @that_deep_impact
Deep_Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:37 PM   #7
JDM
Registered Member
Regular
 
JDM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Beaumont
Region: Texas
Posts: 151
With an MPT tune, you have the ability to adjust most parameters on you SCT tuner.
JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: For Sale: Diablo Trinity T1000 Tuner willb2305 Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 5 08-11-2014 10:50 AM
SCT X3 tuner and erroc codes! montieg21 2005-2010 Mustang GT 5 10-09-2013 06:05 PM
SCT Tuner question? Entotalenigma 2011-2014 Mustang GT 21 02-04-2013 01:08 PM
SCT Tuner Question with some PID's mmike87 2011-2014 Mustang GT 2 08-21-2012 07:24 PM
Question about tuner Venomouz831 AmericanMuscle 3 03-28-2012 03:52 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



05:59 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.