RTR wheel and tire package ordered. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle

Old 03-01-2014, 09:17 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
RTR wheel and tire package ordered.

After a few weeks of debating if I should get staggered AMR's or the RTR's, I finally decided to order the RTR's with Pirelli tires. I also ordered Matte black 5.0 badges.

The CS rep (I don't remember his name, I remember that he's a former marine) was very helpful with the few questions I had, AM has very helpful CS.

Final cost was around $2265, the 6% military discount we are able to get helped, saved us about $130-ish.

The kit should be here around Friday, I will post pictures once they arrive and are installed.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2014, 09:45 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
That's odd, I don't remember you being in the military, but you are content to take a military discount? <confused>

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:52 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Both parents were in the military, they asked about the discount, I was gonna use the MEVO 6% discount anyways... I would join if I didn't have a disqualifying medical condition.

Did that clear it up for ya? Or do you need more detail...
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2014, 10:03 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Both parents were in the military, they asked about the discount, I was gonna use the MEVO 6% discount anyways... I would join if I didn't have a disqualifying medical condition.

Did that clear it up for ya? Or do you need more detail...

Very clear.

And I appreciate your parents service.

But if it were me, and I was paying for the rims, I wouldn't take a discount meant for others. But that's just me.

Carry on.

12.538 ET @112.33
Old 03-01-2014, 10:04 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy View Post
Very clear.

And I appreciate your parents service.

But if it were me, and I was paying for the rims, I wouldn't take a discount meant for others. But that's just me.

Carry on.

The only reason I did was because it was the same percentage discount as the MEVO discount, 6%.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:09 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Can someone give me the military discount code? I lost my ME code lol

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
CoolHorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:15 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Can we focus on the frickin order, and not the discount... It's the same as the MEVO discount, and we could get it, not nearly a big deal as y'all are making it seem, I wouldn't accept it if it wasn't applicable to us.

I wasn't even gonna ask, my parents were the ones that did.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:25 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Can we focus on the frickin order, and not the discount... It's the same as the MEVO discount, and we could get it, not nearly a big deal as y'all are making it seem, I wouldn't accept it if it wasn't applicable to us.

Perhaps next time, don't post the financial aspects of an order...

No one is making a big deal of anything. I was just curious on your mindset of taking a military discount.

If you prefer, we could always banter about about how you saved up yet again for a significant purchase without a job? But I doubt that conversation will end well.

Congrats on the purchase.

12.538 ET @112.33
Old 03-01-2014, 10:26 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Mowing lawns helped me get a good amount of money for this... Took a while
Old 03-01-2014, 11:13 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Mexicans have been taking care of generations of families (no welfare) for hundreds of years mowing lawns

Old 03-03-2014, 12:37 PM   #11
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
After a few weeks of debating if I should get staggered AMR's or the RTR's, I finally decided to order the RTR's with Pirelli tires. I also ordered Matte black 5.0 badges.

The CS rep (I don't remember his name, I remember that he's a former marine) was very helpful with the few questions I had, AM has very helpful CS.

Final cost was around $2265, the 6% military discount we are able to get helped, saved us about $130-ish.

The kit should be here around Friday, I will post pictures once they arrive and are installed.
Congratulations! That's really cool. The RTR's are going to look great on your Mustang. The Pirelli Tires will be great as well! What else do you have planned for your Mustang?

To clear up the Discount thing. If you're not active duty Military, our rep shouldn't have offered you the military discount. We do appreciate your Parents Service and Bravery, but that discount is for active duty military personnel. Moving forward, we would be happy to offer you the MustangEvolution discount. I'll make sure that I clear this up with our reps!

Hope this clears things up!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:08 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
Congratulations! That's really cool. The RTR's are going to look great on your Mustang. The Pirelli Tires will be great as well! What else do you have planned for your Mustang?

To clear up the Discount thing. If you're not active duty Military, our rep shouldn't have offered you the military discount. We do appreciate your Parents Service and Bravery, but that discount is for active duty military personnel. Moving forward, we would be happy to offer you the MustangEvolution discount. I'll make sure that I clear this up with our reps!

Hope this clears things up!

-Dan

Thanks dan, right now all I have planned is appearance things, like stripes, and I'll be ordering the coyote 3rd brake light soon. I do have suspension and engine mods on my build list, but I won't be ordering them soon since my parents want to keep the warranties.

The CS rep was very nice to us and answered all the questions we had, my parents asked about the military discount(I was just going to use the ME discount since it's 6% as well).
Old 03-03-2014, 06:46 PM   #13
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Mowing lawns helped me get a good amount of money for this... Took a while
I better start mowing then but I can sadly only afford craigslist rims
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:00 PM   #14
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
To clear up the Discount thing. If you're not active duty Military, our rep shouldn't have offered you the military discount. We do appreciate your Parents Service and Bravery, but that discount is for active duty military personnel.

PWNED!!

Old 03-03-2014, 08:24 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHorsey View Post
PWNED!!

I've already stated, I wasn't going to ask for any discounts, I was just going to use the ME 6% code, I didn't ask about the military discount, my parents did.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:21 AM   #16
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Thanks dan, right now all I have planned is appearance things, like stripes, and I'll be ordering the coyote 3rd brake light soon. I do have suspension and engine mods on my build list, but I won't be ordering them soon since my parents want to keep the warranties.

The CS rep was very nice to us and answered all the questions we had, my parents asked about the military discount(I was just going to use the ME discount since it's 6% as well).
You're welcome! It sounds like you have some great mods lined up. All of those appearance mods are really going to take the exterior of your Mustang to the next level.

I completely understand your parents asking about the Military discount. No worries! Again, thank them for their Service and Bravery for us.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:50 AM   #17
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
I better start mowing then but I can sadly only afford craigslist rims
As a college student I work in a restaurant and I can afford the AM Saleens

and by afford I mean put it on my credit card and pay it off lol
Cise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:16 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Just an update, the wheels and tires arrived today, as well as the emblems. I will post pics after I install them tomorrow.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:44 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Just an update, the wheels and tires arrived today, as well as the emblems. I will post pics after I install them tomorrow.

Yeah, just like you posted that exhaust video. Also, where can I find lawns to mow that make that kind of money?

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 12:58 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Well, after installation, we noticed several things wrong, the adapter key broke at the end of the install, a center cap had several chips, one Center cap is broken, and a rim has a scratch in it.

Pictures of problems will be posted shortly.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:08 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Here's the problemsClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1394305709.016987.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	672.3 KB
ID:	149995Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1394305718.514273.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	506.5 KB
ID:	149996Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1394305727.454722.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	511.2 KB
ID:	149997Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1394305735.796172.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	609.4 KB
ID:	149998
Old 03-08-2014, 02:00 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

should have noticed all that b4 they were installed. Now they can say it was done by you during the install.

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:01 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

SO Lookm

Old 03-08-2014, 02:06 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
should have noticed all that b4 they were installed. Now they can say it was done by you during the install.

That's what I was telling my parents, that we should have checked them before. I know that it wasn't caused by the install, because we weren't rough on the rims whatsoever. The only damage we could have done was to the lug nut area, no damage there.

It probably happened during shipping, because we noticed that a box was nearly open when it arrived, and one was torn, but my dad said that it's hard to damage rims, and had us install them, before checking like I wanted.

And no, I'm not blaming AM, or my dad or not checking even though I basically insisted. I'm blaming UPS, the boxes arrived in horrible shape.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:14 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Try contacting AM. But there is a chance they will not take them back, after being installed. Does not hurt to try though bud. Worse comes to worse just buy a new centre cap

Old 03-08-2014, 02:18 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Quote:
That's what I was telling my parents, that we should have checked them before. I know that it wasn't caused by the install, because we weren't rough on the rims whatsoever. The only damage we could have done was to the lug nut area, no damage there.

It probably happened during shipping, because we noticed that a box was nearly open when it arrived, and one was torn, but my dad said that it's hard to damage rims, and had us install them, before checking like I wanted.

And no, I'm not blaming AM, or my dad or not checking even though I basically insisted. I'm blaming UPS, the boxes arrived in horrible shape.

Don't take this the wrong way, I am only trying to give you honest advice. Maybe you should just stick to leaving your car as you got it and enjoy it that way. Wait until you are old enough and in a position to purchase cars and mods 100% on your own with nothing being a gift. This way you can do whatever you want to your car and don't have to worry about what your parents have to say about it. I know you also had an issue with the length of time you sat and waited while your exhaust was being installed but said that your parents didn't give you a choice on that either.

You have an awesome car for such a young person, I'm sure many other kids at your school have nothing comparable. Be satisfied with that and dream of the things you can do as you get older and enter the workforce. It will mean much more when you achieve your goals.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:25 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Try contacting AM. But there is a chance they will not take them back, after being installed. Does not hurt to try though bud. Worse comes to worse just buy a new centre cap

I do understand that they might not take them back, does CDC offer the RTR center cap, I have not seen the center caps offered themselves, only on an entire rim.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:31 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
Don't take this the wrong way, I am only trying to give you honest advice. Maybe you should just stick to leaving your car as you got it and enjoy it that way. Wait until you are old enough and in a position to purchase cars and mods 100% on your own with nothing being a gift. This way you can do whatever you want to your car and don't have to worry about what your parents have to say about it. I know you also had an issue with the length of time you sat and waited while your exhaust was being installed but said that your parents didn't give you a choice on that either.

You have an awesome car for such a young person, I'm sure many other kids at your school have nothing comparable. Be satisfied with that and dream of the things you can do as you get older and enter the workforce. It will mean much more when you achieve your goals.

I've thought about that, first it was the exhaust, got ripped off on price, and still had to go back and adjust the clamps, now the new rims...

Either way, the main things I wanted are done.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:38 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I've thought about that, first it was the exhaust, got ripped off on price, and still had to go back and adjust the clamps, now the new rims...

I forgot to mention that you didn't even get the car you really wanted to begin with. You wanted a stick but they would only let you buy an auto. I remember going back and forth with my parents when I was younger on money I was spending on cars. I listened to what they had to say, but in the end I was an adult, had my own job and the decision was ultimately mine. Unfortunately, you are not in that position yet.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:41 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Was anyone home yesterday to sign for the package? If someone was and didn't mention anything about the damaged boxes then, it's tough to argue about now.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:43 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Was anyone home yesterday to sign for the package? If someone was and didn't mention anything about the damaged boxes then, it's tough to argue about now.

Looks like you erased part of your original post while I was replying, so this response doesn't look like it makes much sense now.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:44 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

My aunt was home, she made the guy bring them inside, he wanted to just leave them in the rain on the driveway
Old 03-08-2014, 02:45 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Looks like you erased part of your original post while I was replying, so this response doesn't look like it makes much sense now.

It was about my parents arguing, I think, with a delivery guy right now. But I'm not sure, so that's why I erased it.

Well, it wasn't a delivery guy, just one of the homeowners association people.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:53 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It was about my parents arguing, I think, with a delivery guy right now. But I'm not sure, so that's why I erased it.

Well, it wasn't a delivery guy, just one of the homeowners association people.

Yes, that was it.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:03 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

I'll just install the 5.0 emblems tomorrow, I've had enough for today. Any advice for that?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle