Bama Tuner - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 03-01-2014, 10:59 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Bama Tuner

Everything I read when buying my tuner said the the race tune was for "race or track use only" yet I've seen other instances of ppl using them as a daily driver. I've also seen American Muscle staff members telling ppl it's okay to use the race tune daily. Just wondering if anyone else has experience with this. Don't want to do anything detrimental to my baby! Thanks.
BostonSoxFan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2014, 10:22 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I ran the 93 race tune on my 07 and will do it again when I get an intake and tuner for my 14. just remember to switch back in enough time to run through the drive cycle before you go get an inspection sticker
RubyRed14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:29 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyRed14GT View Post
I ran the 93 race tune on my 07 and will do it again when I get an intake and tuner for my 14. just remember to switch back in enough time to run through the drive cycle before you go get an inspection sticker

+1

Cats are turned off so you will fail emissions with the race/hybrid. 100 miles should be enough driving to go through the cycle.
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2014, 10:51 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No inspections here in Kentucky, so I'll be good. Thanks guys.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:53 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonSoxFan3 View Post
No inspections here in Kentucky, so I'll be good. Thanks guys.
I think I need to move haha. at least I know i'll have a redsox fan right away haha
Old 03-02-2014, 10:57 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I think I need to move haha. at least I know i'll have a redsox fan right away haha

Yeah 3 counties real close by used to do testing but a former governor decided our air was clean enough and canceled the program. Haha I've met quite a few Sox fans around here actually, just none of them as crazy obsessed as me. Drove to Fenway 2 years ago. Luckily they come to Cincy this yr so I'll get to see 2 games at least.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:00 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah 3 counties real close by used to do testing but a former governor decided our air was clean enough and canceled the program. Haha I've met quite a few Sox fans around here actually, just none of them as crazy obsessed as me. Drove to Fenway 2 years ago. Luckily they come to Cincy this yr so I'll get to see 2 games at least.

you and I are the same haha. i'm also like that with my patriots. i'm hoping to go to a sox game this year and sit on the green monstah
Old 03-02-2014, 11:05 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
you and I are the same haha. i'm also like that with my patriots. i'm hoping to go to a sox game this year and sit on the green monstah

That's on the bucket list for sure! Also can't wait for the All-star game in Cincy in a few years!
Old 03-03-2014, 10:21 AM   #9
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Everything I read when buying my tuner said the the race tune was for "race or track use only" yet I've seen other instances of ppl using them as a daily driver. I've also seen American Muscle staff members telling ppl it's okay to use the race tune daily. Just wondering if anyone else has experience with this. Don't want to do anything detrimental to my baby! Thanks.
We do recommend that the Race tune is used for Track use. Mainly because it's the most aggressive tune we offer. However, it's 100% safe to run the Race tune year round. I run the 93 Race tune on my 2011 GT year round and haven't had any issues!

You won't have any issues with the Race tune. The only issue you could run into would be emissions, however you're good to go since you're exempt from emissions where you're located.

I hope this helps! Let the Bama team know if you have any issues or need some assistance in the near future.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle