Bama Tuner - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-01-2014, 10:59 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
BostonSoxFan3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Erlanger
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 83
Bama Tuner

Everything I read when buying my tuner said the the race tune was for "race or track use only" yet I've seen other instances of ppl using them as a daily driver. I've also seen American Muscle staff members telling ppl it's okay to use the race tune daily. Just wondering if anyone else has experience with this. Don't want to do anything detrimental to my baby! Thanks.
BostonSoxFan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-02-2014, 10:22 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Woburn, Ma
Region: Maryland
Posts: 98
I ran the 93 race tune on my 07 and will do it again when I get an intake and tuner for my 14. just remember to switch back in enough time to run through the drive cycle before you go get an inspection sticker
RubyRed14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:29 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
JAC20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyRed14GT View Post
I ran the 93 race tune on my 07 and will do it again when I get an intake and tuner for my 14. just remember to switch back in enough time to run through the drive cycle before you go get an inspection sticker

+1

Cats are turned off so you will fail emissions with the race/hybrid. 100 miles should be enough driving to go through the cycle.
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-02-2014, 10:51 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
BostonSoxFan3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Erlanger
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyRed14GT View Post
I ran the 93 race tune on my 07 and will do it again when I get an intake and tuner for my 14. just remember to switch back in enough time to run through the drive cycle before you go get an inspection sticker

No inspections here in Kentucky, so I'll be good. Thanks guys.
BostonSoxFan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:53 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Woburn, Ma
Region: Maryland
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonSoxFan3 View Post
No inspections here in Kentucky, so I'll be good. Thanks guys.
I think I need to move haha. at least I know i'll have a redsox fan right away haha
RubyRed14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:57 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
BostonSoxFan3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Erlanger
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyRed14GT View Post
I think I need to move haha. at least I know i'll have a redsox fan right away haha

Yeah 3 counties real close by used to do testing but a former governor decided our air was clean enough and canceled the program. Haha I've met quite a few Sox fans around here actually, just none of them as crazy obsessed as me. Drove to Fenway 2 years ago. Luckily they come to Cincy this yr so I'll get to see 2 games at least.
BostonSoxFan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:00 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Woburn, Ma
Region: Maryland
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonSoxFan3 View Post
Yeah 3 counties real close by used to do testing but a former governor decided our air was clean enough and canceled the program. Haha I've met quite a few Sox fans around here actually, just none of them as crazy obsessed as me. Drove to Fenway 2 years ago. Luckily they come to Cincy this yr so I'll get to see 2 games at least.

you and I are the same haha. i'm also like that with my patriots. i'm hoping to go to a sox game this year and sit on the green monstah
RubyRed14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:05 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
BostonSoxFan3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Erlanger
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyRed14GT View Post
you and I are the same haha. i'm also like that with my patriots. i'm hoping to go to a sox game this year and sit on the green monstah

That's on the bucket list for sure! Also can't wait for the All-star game in Cincy in a few years!
BostonSoxFan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:21 AM   #9
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonSoxFan3 View Post
Everything I read when buying my tuner said the the race tune was for "race or track use only" yet I've seen other instances of ppl using them as a daily driver. I've also seen American Muscle staff members telling ppl it's okay to use the race tune daily. Just wondering if anyone else has experience with this. Don't want to do anything detrimental to my baby! Thanks.
We do recommend that the Race tune is used for Track use. Mainly because it's the most aggressive tune we offer. However, it's 100% safe to run the Race tune year round. I run the 93 Race tune on my 2011 GT year round and haven't had any issues!

You won't have any issues with the Race tune. The only issue you could run into would be emissions, however you're good to go since you're exempt from emissions where you're located.

I hope this helps! Let the Bama team know if you have any issues or need some assistance in the near future.

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bama Tuner Major Issues DEvermore 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 91 01-23-2015 06:40 PM
Bama SF3 Tuner Questions Rice Eater AmericanMuscle 7 07-15-2013 09:54 PM
JLT Intake + Bama Tuner Rynarok 2011-2014 Mustang GT 8 07-17-2012 09:35 AM
Is it safe to buy a used SCT / BAMA Tuner? Spiney General Car Discussion 1 06-13-2012 03:16 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



05:08 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.