Question about Whiteline LCAs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 04-03-2014, 11:42 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Question about Whiteline LCAs

I just finished installing the Whiteline LCAs on my 2013. I like the feel, but I am getting a lot of creaking and popping noises at low speeds on rough roads. It sounds like binding, but I have double checked and everything is as instructed. Once I get up to highway speeds (40+), I see no indication of a problem. I did not notice the issue when I installed the panhard bar and brace. There is no instruction on lubing the bolts and brass bushing inserts. Should this be done? The only lube furnished was to go between the front bushings and the washers on the housing box when installing the LCAs.
Bear376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2014, 11:45 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Aftermarket LCA's are going to be noisy. If your lowered you will also need relocation brackets.

Is your car going to the dragstrip at all?

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:58 AM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
What type of bushings did you use with them?

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2014, 09:45 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

There is a difference between increased noise and the type of noise I am hearing. And I have not lowered the car. The bushings that come with the LCAs are a high end synthetic elastomer units noted for making less noise and vibration than other LCAs.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:59 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear376 View Post
There is a difference between increased noise and the type of noise I am hearing. And I have not lowered the car. The bushings that come with the LCAs are a high end synthetic elastomer units noted for making less noise and vibration than other LCAs.
Well white line kinds sucks. Always have recalls on there stuff. So you kinds get what you pay for

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:37 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Whiteline has one of the best reps, and has only one recall on mustang parts that I know of. The UCA was redesigned in 2013 because a few cracks were found. It was corrected with apparently little bad feelings.

As for my case, I will look at a couple of things tomorrow that may be a factor. One thing is that without any torque being mentioned In the instructions, I only torqued the pan hard bar brace at 75 lbs. I found out Ford calls for 150 lbs.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:14 PM   #7
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
I just finished installing the Whiteline LCAs on my 2013. I like the feel, but I am getting a lot of creaking and popping noises at low speeds on rough roads. It sounds like binding, but I have double checked and everything is as instructed. Once I get up to highway speeds (40+), I see no indication of a problem. I did not notice the issue when I installed the panhard bar and brace. There is no instruction on lubing the bolts and brass bushing inserts. Should this be done? The only lube furnished was to go between the front bushings and the washers on the housing box when installing the LCAs.
Quote:
Whiteline has one of the best reps, and has only one recall on mustang parts that I know of. The UCA was redesigned in 2013 because a few cracks were found. It was corrected with apparently little bad feelings.

As for my case, I will look at a couple of things tomorrow that may be a factor. One thing is that without any torque being mentioned In the instructions, I only torqued the pan hard bar brace at 75 lbs. I found out Ford calls for 150 lbs.
Bear376,

There should be no need to lubricate the bolt or brass bushing inserts as far as I'm aware. It sounds to me that you've installed the LCA's correctly.

Did you have a chance to torque the panhard bar to 150ft-lbs yet? Any improvements in the noise?

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:32 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Sunday, I put as much torque possible on the brace bolts, but could not get enough leverage to hit 130 lbs. I did make sure I had a good coating of locktite. I estimate I have 120-125 lbs. it helped some, but I will see if it gets better or worse on my trip next week
Old 04-08-2014, 01:04 PM   #9
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Haha I don't blame you. 150ft-lbs is a LOT of torque for a bolt. I'd need some serious leverage to torque one of those bolts to spec.

Keep us updated with your trip. Hopefully this does the trick and the suspension is all settled in!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 04-11-2014, 12:51 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

After a few trips under the car, I took a measure of both LCAs. It was hard to get an exact length, but after several checks, I found one of them to be 1/16th of an inch shorter. When I installed them, I had just done a quick matching of the lengths and must have not noticed the difference. When I took it back out for a test run afterwards, the noise difference was dramatic. I have only had a short test because I am getting ready for the 50th party. For the next two weeks, I will be giving it a more thorough test.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:33 PM   #11
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
After a few trips under the car, I took a measure of both LCAs. It was hard to get an exact length, but after several checks, I found one of them to be 1/16th of an inch shorter. When I installed them, I had just done a quick matching of the lengths and must have not noticed the difference. When I took it back out for a test run afterwards, the noise difference was dramatic. I have only had a short test because I am getting ready for the 50th party. For the next two weeks, I will be giving it a more thorough test.
Wow I'm actually really surprised you had such a noise issue with a 1/16th difference in the LCA's. I would have thought this amount of difference would only show in uneven tread wear of the rear tires, but nothing more. Regardless, I'm glad you found the source of the issue.

We'll have a few guys from the AM crew at the 50th anniversary, along with Project MMD! We're all excited to see the outcome. You'll have to keep an eye out for us!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle