Order time frame question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 04-05-2014, 12:43 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Order time frame question

I placed my first order from AM on Wednesday. I ordered a pair of prepainted window louvers and a set of wheel locks. I understand that the parts have to be painted, but I have not received any further email, other than my original order confirmation, on an expected shipping time. I was hoping to receive the louvers by mid week but it looks like it won't be till next weekend at the earliest, when I will be out of town for a week or so...

For those of you who have placed orders for pre painted parts thru AM, how long did you have to wait before the parts were shipped? Personally I think the website should clarify shipping times for these kind of parts. ie, do not expect them in the 3 - 5 business day time frame they advertise for standard shipping.
SRE TUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2014, 08:47 AM   #2
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRE TUS View Post
I placed my first order from AM on Wednesday. I ordered a pair of prepainted window louvers and a set of wheel locks. I understand that the parts have to be painted, but I have not received any further email, other than my original order confirmation, on an expected shipping time. I was hoping to receive the louvers by mid week but it looks like it won't be till next weekend at the earliest, when I will be out of town for a week or so...

For those of you who have placed orders for pre painted parts thru AM, how long did you have to wait before the parts were shipped? Personally I think the website should clarify shipping times for these kind of parts. ie, do not expect them in the 3 - 5 business day time frame they advertise for standard shipping.
I'm sorry for any delay! If the item showed "In Stock" on the site it definitely should have shipped same day or at the latest the following day. I can absolutely check on this for you and get you an updated tracking number or get to the bottom of this!

Please shoot me a PM with your order number and I'll gladly help you out!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:26 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
When I ordered my pre-painted scoops they shipped it the next day. I think it was because maybe I had a common color Black who knows.
Frozen Yettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2014, 03:50 PM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Yettie View Post
When I ordered my pre-painted scoops they shipped it the next day. I think it was because maybe I had a common color Black who knows.
This is definitely the norm. All pre-painted parts ship the same day if they're showing in-stock on our site. If they're showing out of stock, we're most likely waiting for inventory or they're being painted.

Hope this clears things up!

-Dan
Old 04-10-2014, 09:44 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Got the louvers today and put them on. They look great...The paint finish is perfect. I am really impressed with the paint quality.

My only concern is the new industrial strength velcro that they are attached with. I do like the idea of easily being able to take them off for cleaning, but I am concerned that they could come off at highway speeds +....But for now, they are great...
Old 04-11-2014, 09:09 AM   #6
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Got the louvers today and put them on. They look great...The paint finish is perfect. I am really impressed with the paint quality.

My only concern is the new industrial strength velcro that they are attached with. I do like the idea of easily being able to take them off for cleaning, but I am concerned that they could come off at highway speeds +....But for now, they are great...
Awesome! I'm glad to hear the louvers showed up today and that you're really enjoying them. I'm also glad to hear the paint is a perfect match!

I wouldn't be concerned about the way they're secured. We've never had any issues with this at all. If you do run into an issue with the Velcro we'll make sure you're taken care of right away!

-Dan
Old 04-11-2014, 09:24 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Which pre-painted window louvers install with velcro?

The ones I see on AM are all 3M tape.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:49 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Guess I would ask why would you want to? They are made for the most part to be a permanent upgrade to the exterior looks, but you can still take them off if you ever dont want them and clean up the tape residue.
Batdive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:10 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I was trying to understand what the OP meant by pre painted window louvers with velcro because I know that all of them should have 3M tape.

I am just questioning where it was on the site because all I see are ones with the 3M tape.

Never said I wanted them I got side scoops from AM and installed them with the supplied 3M tape and I never want to take them off cause they look too good I will be getting a set of louvers soon as well.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:17 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Order time frame question

Quote:
I am just questioning where it was on the site because all I see are ones with the 3M tape. Never said I wanted them I got side scoops from AM and installed them with the supplied 3M tape and I never want to take them off cause they look too good I will be getting a set of louvers soon as well.

Gotcha misread the post above yours my bad.

Edit: went looking and here you go

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mmd-cl...3-painted.html

3m dual lock for easy removal to clean. The other preprinted say 3m bond tape.

Hope that helps
Old 04-11-2014, 10:21 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

These are the ones....

MMD Classic Mustang Quarter Window Louvers - Pre-Painted 71316 (10-14 All) - Free Shipping

The description calls it an automotive grade"dual lock" system. I do like the idea of being able to remove them for ease of cleaning the side window...We'll see how they hold up. But as AMDan stated, they haven't had a problem with this type of fastener...
Old 04-11-2014, 10:25 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
These are the ones....

MMD Classic Mustang Quarter Window Louvers - Pre-Painted 71316 (10-14 All) - Free Shipping

The description calls it an automotive grade"dual lock" system. I do like the idea of being able to remove them for ease of cleaning the side window...We'll see how they hold up. But as AMDan stated, they haven't had a problem with this type of fastener...

☝️lol guess you posted as I did the edit on mine.. What he said also 😃
Old 04-11-2014, 10:33 AM   #13
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

The velcro definitely makes it easier to clean the window behind it. I had these on my last Mustang and that was clutch, especially after time when water gets on the 1/4 window and leaves residue.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle