P1639 code, then error 1027 on SCT SF3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 04-15-2014, 08:26 PM   #1

P1639 code, then error 1027 on SCT SF3

Curious if anyone has run across this issue. On Sunday, I loaded new Bama tunes on my car. Hit the key and it wouldn't start. Had this happen before, so I swapped out the tunes in the device, and loaded the old tune back on my car. Received a new set on Monday. Loaded the tune on the car, and the car started. Drove down the street and threw a code. P1639 (Vehicle ID Block corrupted, not programmed). Called Bama and was told this was an SCT issue. I got home and tried to swap the tune, to see if maybe the one tune had an issue. That's where my problems really started. The tuner wouldn't upload or download. Received code 1027 on the tuner, not compatible. Worked through the issue Monday night with SCT, and got the SCT tuner to download/upload tunes. Took it out for a drive, again, threw P1639 (Vehicle ID Block corrupted, not programmed). Tried to swap tune, and it won't allow me. Same problem, 1027 incompatible. So called SCT last night and went through the same process. Put an older tune on that was working prior to the problems, and well you guessed, same problem. If I check vehicle info through SCT device, the VIN is blank. Just prior to my problems, the device did a firmware update, and it is newer than the number on the SCT website. Any ideas? I will again give SCT a ring this morning? The car drives fine, doesn't seem to be any problems, just the check engine light is on, and P1639 (Vehicle ID Block corrupted, not programmed).

Thanks
Yellow Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2014, 09:13 AM   #2
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Vert View Post
Curious if anyone has run across this issue. On Sunday, I loaded new Bama tunes on my car. Hit the key and it wouldn't start. Had this happen before, so I swapped out the tunes in the device, and loaded the old tune back on my car. Received a new set on Monday. Loaded the tune on the car, and the car started. Drove down the street and threw a code. P1639 (Vehicle ID Block corrupted, not programmed). Called Bama and was told this was an SCT issue. I got home and tried to swap the tune, to see if maybe the one tune had an issue. That's where my problems really started. The tuner wouldn't upload or download. Received code 1027 on the tuner, not compatible. Worked through the issue Monday night with SCT, and got the SCT tuner to download/upload tunes. Took it out for a drive, again, threw P1639 (Vehicle ID Block corrupted, not programmed). Tried to swap tune, and it won't allow me. Same problem, 1027 incompatible. So called SCT last night and went through the same process. Put an older tune on that was working prior to the problems, and well you guessed, same problem. If I check vehicle info through SCT device, the VIN is blank. Just prior to my problems, the device did a firmware update, and it is newer than the number on the SCT website. Any ideas? I will again give SCT a ring this morning? The car drives fine, doesn't seem to be any problems, just the check engine light is on, and P1639 (Vehicle ID Block corrupted, not programmed).

Thanks
Yellow Vert,

It sounds like you've been having some bad luck with your tuner. I'm sorry for all the hassle you've had to go through already. I'm sure it's frustrating trying to get this squared away and running into the same problems. Unfortunately, I do believe this issue is on the tuning device end and your best option is to work it out with SCT directly. They're a great group of guys and I'm sure they'll get this figured out for you shortly.

Keep me updated with your progress and let me know if I can be of any assistance. Once you get the tuner straightened out, I'll have the Bama Team send you a fresh set of tunes built from the ground up. Just to start over new again.

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle