AM needs to change up their paypal checkout - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 08:09 PM   #36
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
$1500? Eff that. $580 for AM or AFS rims shipped, $600 shipped for tires, $80 to mount and balance. Screw paying $1500+ for one of the "ready to mount" combos. And my tires are BFGs... just sayin.

edit: And yes, dude was at the big swap meet in Englishtown, didn't find anything, came home frustrated that the swap meet sucked, looked on CL and couldn't get over to my house fast enough with $$$. Helps that he lives within walking distance it turns out and just got his first Mustang, a 97. I may have a few questions to answer locally lol.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2014, 08:59 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
Staggered
Saleen Black
Chrome Wheel
& Sumitomo
Tire Kit -
18x9/10
(99-04)
$1,387.99 Subtotal: $1,387.99 Shipping: $325.62 Tax: $0.00 Total: $1,713.61 This is before discount so a bit cheaper lol
Old 04-26-2014, 09:05 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

that's before discount and cheapest tires lol.. I am pretty sure I want to go with the MT's ... so $1500 was low balling hah..
Like u said though.. your set up cost $1260 with free shipping.
Everything local here is limited selection or just as much or more expensive!
I have Steeda close to me but it would still be cheaper to buy from AM...
I look on classifieds daily to see if I can find something but nope
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2014, 09:22 PM   #39
Staff
Regular
Staff

Guessing you are up in Canada if you are paying for shipping? I paid $50 for shipping from tirerack but I got a $50 gift card from BFG so it was, in essence, free shipping.

I mean the canned ready to mount stuff is nice in the fact that it shows up and you bolt it on, but if you shop around you can find a way better deal and make sure you get the right sizes. Also, if your wheels show up and the balance is off do you take everything off and ship it back and wait for a 1-2 week turnaround or take it to a local place and have them properly balance the same day?

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:42 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

That's The whole reason I haven't just bought them yet!.. Your experience as well as many others on here have received damaged rims, tires mounted the wrong way. ect.. I would be choked!
You should see what Steeda Canada wants.. lol they want 297 per nitto 555 and 240 per rim lol
Old 04-26-2014, 10:13 PM   #41
Staff
Regular
Staff

Yeah well once you pay for initial shipping the seller must pay all return shipping if the items are damaged. AM/AFS ate the return shipping both ways when I had the blemishes show up so I would not worry about that.

Old 04-27-2014, 09:28 AM   #42
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Tabooger View Post
This was... Dramatic
right
Old 04-29-2014, 06:03 AM   #43
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Guessing you are up in Canada if you are paying for shipping? I paid $50 for shipping from tirerack but I got a $50 gift card from BFG so it was, in essence, free shipping.

I mean the canned ready to mount stuff is nice in the fact that it shows up and you bolt it on, but if you shop around you can find a way better deal and make sure you get the right sizes. Also, if your wheels show up and the balance is off do you take everything off and ship it back and wait for a 1-2 week turnaround or take it to a local place and have them properly balance the same day?
Or, what if one of the rims is messed up such as yours was? Do you have to send the entire wheel/tire back, and wait for a new one?
Old 04-29-2014, 06:48 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
IDK if it's been mentioned BC I didn't read the entire thread, but you should have a "backup" funding source on every transaction thru PayPal. When you check out it should say primary funding... Checking XXXXXXXXXX5678 BACKUP payment method card visa XXXXXXXXXXX4567. That way you can't really bounce a transaction on PayPal. I guess you COULD but they want to make sure they get their money :p
Old 04-29-2014, 06:54 AM   #45
Staff
Regular
Staff

I have no idea about a wheel/tire combo. I don't like AM's tire selection and sizing and I saved a good $500 doing my own tires anyway vs. a canned combo.

How they worked my return was, as soon as they saw the wheel show up in UPS's system they shipped a new one. I would guess it would work the same way for a wheel/tire combo since it is one thing. I'm just lucky that AM is so close to me, otherwise I might still be waiting on the new rim to show up. If I was not so close, I would have been very adamant about getting expedited shipping which other companies such as Summit do. Both times I've had an issue with Summit they've next dayed the replacement part.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:14 PM   #46
Admin
Admin

Region: Washington
Folks we are going to close this thread for now. Just a reminder that our community is not really the right venue to work out an issue like this. If you have a concern about a specific transaction please contact the vendor directly. The particulars of a transaction are something between you and the vendor.

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle