Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 05:14 PM   #1
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
AM needs to change up their paypal checkout

Maybe I'm an idiot but this is what happened to me this weekend. I went to buy something on AM via paypal. I see "checkout with paypal" and checkout with a paypal option. Being the simple person I am, I choose to stay on the AM site and let it feed me the options like every other site I've ever been on. My default payment method was not the one I wanted to use at this time and I figured I'd just change it when it prompted me.

Well... it never did and my default payment method was charged instead of taking me to paypal and having me complete it there. If I had used the "checkout with paypal" I could have done it like normal but that's great to know after the fact.

I'm actually in the middle of changing bank accounts and have not updated my default payment method to the new account and the old one is closed so... I really hope that I can catch AM tomorrow at 9 EST before they try to charge anything.

Paypal is no help at all, no idea why I can't have them change the payment method post payment when I'm confirming its me with multiple forms of ID but whatever... Also confirmed with them that what happened to me should not happen, vendor sites should ALWAYS take you to paypal's site to verify everything prior to checking out which is what I was expecting. So... either Paypal is going to have a bounce off an old account or I'm going to be able to cancel this in time to re-order tomorrow morning with the correct account or just manually punch in the card info. I REALLY hope its the latter or its going to be a fun week dealing with it...

Also this always happens to me on a weekend and ALWAYS on a Holiday weekend...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2014, 05:55 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Hmm, I've bought a lot of stuff via paypal through them and never 1 issue.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 04-20-2014, 06:40 PM   #3
Staff
Regular
Staff

If you just use the AM checkout and tick "pay via paypal" it just bills your default payment method without even asking you. This is where I had my problem. If you use "checkout with paypal" it becomes a normal paypal transaction. Bad luck on my part to pick the wrong one and assume the AM site would do what every other site does and take you to paypal to complete the transaction. Like I said, paypal rep told me this SHOULD be the case at all times but I guess not. Oh well, I keep hearing how great AM customer service is. Time to find out tomorrow.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2014, 06:41 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
If you just use the AM checkout and tick "pay via paypal" it just bills your default payment method without even asking you. This is where I had my problem. If you use "checkout with paypal" it becomes a normal paypal transaction. Bad luck on my part to pick the wrong one and assume the AM site would do what every other site does and take you to paypal to complete the transaction. Like I said, paypal rep told me this SHOULD be the case at all times but I guess not. Oh well, I keep hearing how great AM customer service is. Time to find out tomorrow.

Maybe it was a glitch with you. It always takes me to Paypal's site to verify.

HID end all thread
Old 04-20-2014, 07:43 PM   #5
Staff
Regular
Staff

Well that glitch better not make me have to bay any sort of BS paypal fee for a rejected payment to a closed bank account... I will be le_angry if this is the case.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:58 AM   #6
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Hey scottydsntknow,

I appreciate the feedback and I'll have my Web Team check into this. As you mentioned, you should have been taken to paypal for the final checkout to select your payment method. I was under the impression that's what our AM site did all the time, but I can't say I'm too familiar with it as I don't personally use Paypal often for AM.

Regardless, I'd be happy to cancel your order if you haven't already. Please send me a PM with your First/Last name and shipping address, so I can find your info!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 04-21-2014, 09:11 AM   #7
Staff
Regular
Staff

Already tried to cancel, already been shipped... Funding source can't be changed even to a credit card, paypal is useless, bank can't post a stop payment because they don't have 3 days notice and I'm going to get hit with NSF fees and they are NOT a local bank to me so a money transfer wouldn't even get there in time.

This is ****ing stupid I'm sorry. There should NOT be an option on the AM site to do this. What I am talking about is the actual AM checkout there is a tick box to use paypal vs the yellow "checkout with paypal" box. I used the tick box option, hit confirm expecting to be taken to the paypal screen to select funding but instead it just said "payment charged to paypal" or something along those lines.

I will say AM was extremely apologetic and the wheels are already out the door so you can't fault them for fast shipping. Of course this happens over a holiday weekend and nobody was there yesterday to cancel this because it was Easter. Again, can't fault AM for letting employees have off for a holiday a majority of ppl celebrate but its still very annoying and this sort of thing always happens to me...

edit: Yes I realize this is probably my fault because I never changed my default funding source but I've never had to in years, I just always manually change it. Blah...

edit2: Called the old bank and they can to an instant credit to my account on a transfer I initiate provided they have a CC as backup. So I've done a workaround I guess... lesson learned. From now on with AM it is also going to be the yellow "checkout with paypal" option or just pay like a normal human being. Also... this is like my 3rd of 4th big issue with paypal being a pack of retards since I've had it. I'm pretty much done with them honestly. I'll keep a CC with them for evilbays stuff and that's about it...

Old 04-21-2014, 09:21 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
What rims did you buy?
Old 04-21-2014, 09:36 AM   #9
Staff
Regular
Staff

Sigh... LUCKILY the correct ones since that was not a transaction I was planning on going through. If not I would have been very madface about return shipping fees.

The 18x8/18x10 anthracite bullitts.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:33 AM   #10
Staff
Regular
Staff

To conclude all this, I was able to re-open and get the funds advanced into the old account literally a few hours before the paypal xfer hit. I am not a very happy camper with how much legwork this caused but all is well that ends well I guess. The transfer has pulled out of my main bank as well so teh monies are where they are supposed to go I suppose.

With that said, there is something to be said about living one state over from AM. I "accidentally" purchased these on Saturday, they were on the truck and out the door before the help lines even opened on Monday and they are out for delivery currently. So as long as there are no blems/nicks/whatever with these ne wheels they will be on tomorrow and the 03s will be up for sale.

Cliffs notes:

-Never use paypal unless you actually check out via the PAYPAL site, not a vendor site.

-AM shipping is faster than Lisa Lamponelli heading towards a Vegas buffet.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:08 AM   #11
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

scottydsntknow,

I'm glad you were able to transfer funds to you old bank to cover the Paypal amount. At least now you weren't see any extra fees and your wheels have almost arrived!

Thanks again for the feedback about the Paypal Checkout. I'll have our Web Team look into this and see why you weren't taken back to the Paypal site before finalizing payment.

Also, hit me up if you need anything else in the meantime!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 04-22-2014, 11:18 AM   #12
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Did you finally have to update your default payment method in paypal to prevent this from happining again?
Old 04-22-2014, 08:46 PM   #13
Staff
Regular
Staff

Obviously yes I did. Lol. Also one wheel arrived blemished... same thing happened with the rims I got from afs. I have 0 clue why in the hell these vendors can't ship a good set of 4 rims... the rim is already rmad back and the replacement will ship tomorrow I'm told but I had an appt to mount the tires tomorrow and everything... awesome... they won't next day their screwup either, earliest it will get here is Fridays when it's supposed to be pouring *** rain. Joy... I guess it happens. This whole thing has been one cluster so far.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Old 04-22-2014, 08:48 PM   #14
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
scottydsntknow,

I'm glad you were able to transfer funds to you old bank to cover the Paypal amount. At least now you weren't see any extra fees and your wheels have almost arrived!

Thanks again for the feedback about the Paypal Checkout. I'll have our Web Team look into this and see why you weren't taken back to the Paypal site before finalizing payment.

Also, hit me up if you need anything else in the meantime!

Shane
Yeah, anyway you can put same day delivery on this replacement wheel since I'm close in NJ? Not very happy having to wait 2-3 extra days when I should be mounting these tomorrow.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:53 PM   #15
Staff
Regular
Staff

Effed up clear on the lip. Not shipping damage. Either when they packed it or qc missed it or just a random scrape. I dunno. Like I said its already chilling in the ups store.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1398217945505.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	154806  

Old 04-22-2014, 10:18 PM   #16
Staff
Regular
Staff

Return tracking number is 1z384t0t9099249268 btw if that same day shipping is possible. I doubt it but who knows. Processing order going out tomorrow is 3147169.

Just very frustrating to get blemished stuff TWICE from two different places.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:36 AM   #17
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

scottydsntknow,

I'm sorry to hear about the blemish on one of the wheels! Although, I'm glad you were able to contact one of our Mustang Experts already and setup an exchange. Since you're already located in NJ and we're shipping out the replacement wheel today, you should have it by tomorrow!

Where are you getting the wheels mounted and balanced? Can they book a new appointed for you Thursday for Friday? I'm actually surprised they require an appointment. Most shops around here can mount/balance and install wheels same day for walk-ins. Maybe there's another shop that can help you out the day the wheels arrive?

I'm truly sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We'll get you squared away with a new wheel shortly though!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 04-23-2014, 09:49 AM   #18
Staff
Regular
Staff

I already called them, I made an appt to be sure I can just roll in at the start of lunch and be back by the time my lunch break is over. Yes tomorrow the rim will be here but I can't do the install till Friday because UPS doesn't deliver till around 5 and the place I use is out by my work. Hopefully Friday isn't going to rain much/at all. We'll see. I want these things on asap one so I can stop being OCD about the way the tires fit on my current rims and two, get my current rims up for sale and recoup some of this fiasco.

Old 04-23-2014, 05:06 PM   #19
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Good to hear you were able to reschedule! You'll have to post some pics up once the new wheels are installed. I'd love to check out your GT! I see your avatar all the time, but never any full sized pictures.

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 04-23-2014, 07:01 PM   #20
Staff
Regular
Staff

I'm hoping for Friday. I like the 03s but it's either $900 for new tires or $580 for the new wheels and sell the old ones for $400-$500. 18x8 front limits the choices to Bullitts or AMRs and going back to bullitts. Just 18" this time and bfgs>nittos x1000.

Ill take photos once I get these on and wash/wax it.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:54 PM   #21
Staff
Regular
Staff

New one in today. Looks good.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1398383668059.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	154937  

Old 04-25-2014, 11:09 AM   #22
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Excellent! Thanks for posting up and keeping me updated. Hope to see some pictures of them installed on your GT shortly!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 04-25-2014, 11:15 AM   #23
Staff
Regular
Staff

I got them installed, I need to upload to photobucket... Also not happy about the AM rims not fitting the pony caps I have... oh well I guess I'll modify them or sell them.

http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...8442203493.jpg

Need to take better pics.

Old 04-25-2014, 02:30 PM   #24
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Look good! The wheel wells are have a perfect gap to them too. It's a sweet car no doubt.

Correct, none of the AM replica wheels will fit OEM center caps. Since they're replica wheels, they must be different in a few ways than OEM. One of the ways we do this is within the center cap. They're still the standard 2.5", however they're a bit deeper than OEM. I've seen a few guys modify the caps and use an adhesive to attach the OEM faceplate to the AM cap. that may give you the look you're going for.

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 04-25-2014, 03:33 PM   #25
Staff
Regular
Staff

I read the threads on svtp on how to grind down the AM caps and then attach the oem stuff. I think I'm just going to do silver caps and sell mine for $100 shipped.

Old 04-25-2014, 03:35 PM   #26
Staff
Regular
Staff

Better pic
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1398458085138.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	155010  

Old 04-25-2014, 03:35 PM   #27
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Better pic
Time to change the avatar pic!

HID end all thread
Old 04-25-2014, 03:37 PM   #28
ME Bloodhound
Staff

What size tire in the rear?

HID end all thread
Old 04-25-2014, 03:39 PM   #29
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
I read the threads on svtp on how to grind down the AM caps and then attach the oem stuff. I think I'm just going to do silver caps and sell mine for $100 shipped.

Quote:
Better pic
Sounds like a plan. That should help recoup some money back as well.

Gorgeous pic! I agree, I think it's time to update the avatar now!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 04-25-2014, 04:18 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
This was... Dramatic
Old 04-25-2014, 04:57 PM   #31
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
I'd pull my hair out if I had to jump through all those hoops. I see what your saying though. If I don't clarify to PayPal which account I want my purchase to be charged it'll default to my paypal credit card.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:04 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
The same exact thing happened to me last month when I purchased my wheel & tire combo. I have 3 different cards on my paypal account and it wouldn't letme choose the one I wanted. So I just stopped the PayPal and paid with my card on AM website

I thought it might have been me, but it looks like an issue on AM site.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:37 PM   #33
Staff
Regular
Staff

Well, for giggles, I bought my center caps using PayPal. I used the checkout with PayPal option and it let me choose but if did regular checkout it would not have. This needs to be fixed for future customers and per paypals policy. Every other site I have ever used shoots you to PayPal to complete the transaction.

Old 04-26-2014, 04:00 PM   #34
Staff
Regular
Staff

Damn... put my AFS rims up for sale on CL today and sold 3 hours later wow... Dude gave $500 for the rims plus the OEM tribar center caps. I did not pay for the center caps and the rims on AFS were $585 shipped so... $85 plus $80 mounting/balancing the second time is not a HUGE hit to take when going through what I did lol.

Old 04-26-2014, 04:19 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
Nice!.. Guys probably like me.. has rims typed into the search bar and checks every few hours lol.. if you were local to me I would have grabbed those for 500 easy!.. ahhh 1 more week till I can afford to spend 1500 on wheels
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle