Power packages?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2014, 03:26 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ish416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Winchester
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,209
Power packages??

First off, I would like to bring attention to the X4 tuner and CAI combos.

The Airaid CAI and BAMA X4 Tuner Combo (11-14 V6) is packaged together for $699.99.

Purchasing individually, the Airaid Cold Air Intake (11-14 V6) is $299.99 and the X4 Tuner is $399.99.

299.99 + 399.99 = 699.98

699.99 (combo) - 699.98 (individually) = 000.01, a single cent, a penny more to buy the combo? Same goes for the 05-09 GT.

Why is this? Usually when you a combo, you should be getting a better deal. Come on AM, you can do better.

The 11-14 GT actually offers a discount. The Airaid CAI (11-14 GT) is $344.99, X4 Tuner is $399.99, total cost individually is $744.98. The combo price is $724.99, a savings of $19.99.

Check into this please.


Now that that is out of the way, why not do a combo deal with a tuner, CAI, tunes, and a choice of exhaust (axle back, cat back, or full, with either H or X pipe and with/without cats).

For instance, if I were to buy for my 2014 3.7, the Airaid CAI ($299.99), X4 tuner ($399.99), tunes and BBK Ceramic Long Tubes and BBK Off-road X pipe. Individually these would cost, $1468.96.

Couldn't AM offer all of these items or similar ones as a package for those of us who have yet to start modding our Mustangs at a discounted price?. It just makes sense to me to offer your standard CAI + Tuner combo, and then there should be a next step after that for those of us who can or would like to do so.

I understand that AM does offer a very generous 6% discount to those of us on ME and other Mustang forums. I don't think that by offering an advanced combo like this that it will hurt AM's bottom line at all. In fact, I reckon that by doing so and offering these slightly more advanced packages that it would set the hook in the would be enthusiasts that are on the fence about what to get. This would save them the time of doing the research and reading through the reviews to figure out what they want. AM could simply offer these packages as saying this setup was dyno proven to add XX RWHP/TQ and it sounds like this, with a video.

It makes a consumer feel good when they spend a lot of money to know that they actually got a deal on a proven package.

Maybe I am asking too much, but I honestly don't think that is the case. You got this AM, just do it.
__________________
99 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 M6 - 6.676 @ 103 in 1/8, 10.512 @ 130.2 on street tires, H/C/I
93 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 5spd - Built 6 Bolt, 16G Evo3, HKS 272 Cams - under construction
Ish416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-12-2014, 08:44 AM   #2
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
First off, I would like to bring attention to the X4 tuner and CAI combos.

The Airaid CAI and BAMA X4 Tuner Combo (11-14 V6) is packaged together for $699.99.

Purchasing individually, the Airaid Cold Air Intake (11-14 V6) is $299.99 and the X4 Tuner is $399.99.

299.99 + 399.99 = 699.98

699.99 (combo) - 699.98 (individually) = 000.01, a single cent, a penny more to buy the combo? Same goes for the 05-09 GT.

Why is this? Usually when you a combo, you should be getting a better deal. Come on AM, you can do better.

The 11-14 GT actually offers a discount. The Airaid CAI (11-14 GT) is $344.99, X4 Tuner is $399.99, total cost individually is $744.98. The combo price is $724.99, a savings of $19.99.

Check into this please.


Now that that is out of the way, why not do a combo deal with a tuner, CAI, tunes, and a choice of exhaust (axle back, cat back, or full, with either H or X pipe and with/without cats).

For instance, if I were to buy for my 2014 3.7, the Airaid CAI ($299.99), X4 tuner ($399.99), tunes and BBK Ceramic Long Tubes and BBK Off-road X pipe. Individually these would cost, $1468.96.

Couldn't AM offer all of these items or similar ones as a package for those of us who have yet to start modding our Mustangs at a discounted price?. It just makes sense to me to offer your standard CAI + Tuner combo, and then there should be a next step after that for those of us who can or would like to do so.

I understand that AM does offer a very generous 6% discount to those of us on ME and other Mustang forums. I don't think that by offering an advanced combo like this that it will hurt AM's bottom line at all. In fact, I reckon that by doing so and offering these slightly more advanced packages that it would set the hook in the would be enthusiasts that are on the fence about what to get. This would save them the time of doing the research and reading through the reviews to figure out what they want. AM could simply offer these packages as saying this setup was dyno proven to add XX RWHP/TQ and it sounds like this, with a video.

It makes a consumer feel good when they spend a lot of money to know that they actually got a deal on a proven package.

Maybe I am asking too much, but I honestly don't think that is the case. You got this AM, just do it.
Thank you for the suggestions! Let me look into the intake and tuner combo kits to start. There should definitely be a larger discount there.

I like the idea of a "power pack" like you're talking about. We do offer Intake, Gears and Tuner combos and some Suspension packs. But a unique set up like this could be really cool. We'll absolutely look into this for you and I'll be in touch!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:15 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ish416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Winchester
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,209
Sounds good.

Thanks Dan.
__________________
99 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 M6 - 6.676 @ 103 in 1/8, 10.512 @ 130.2 on street tires, H/C/I
93 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 5spd - Built 6 Bolt, 16G Evo3, HKS 272 Cams - under construction
Ish416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-12-2014, 09:24 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
SixBanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mount Rainier, MD
Region: Maryland
Posts: 968
I would definitely get a CAI/tuner combo for my V6 when the time comes and was looking at the prices and I found the same that was mentioned above; no actual discount. Lol I am trying to hang on to my warranty for as long as possible, at least until I know nothing is gonna fall apart, so it's gonna be a minute.
__________________
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:34 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
I would definitely get a CAI/tuner combo for my V6 when the time comes and was looking at the prices and I found the same that was mentioned above; no actual discount. Lol I am trying to hang on to my warranty for as long as possible, at least until I know nothing is gonna fall apart, so it's gonna be a minute.
You have amazing restraint bro not to mod especially being on these mustang forums. Ha ha ha. My restraint lasted all of 5k miles and there went the performance tuner followed shortly with CAI. Ha ha ha!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:31 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
SixBanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mount Rainier, MD
Region: Maryland
Posts: 968
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
You have amazing restraint bro not to mod especially being on these mustang forums. Ha ha ha. My restraint lasted all of 5k miles and there went the performance tuner followed shortly with CAI. Ha ha ha!

Well restraint and a lack of disposable income. Lol! I'm at 8800 now, so it hasn't been all that long!
__________________
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:49 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post

Well restraint and a lack of disposable income. Lol! I'm at 8800 now, so it hasn't been all that long!
Ha ha ha ha. That's awesome
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:41 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jaylg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Harlingen
Region: Texas
Posts: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
You have amazing restraint bro not to mod especially being on these mustang forums. Ha ha ha. My restraint lasted all of 5k miles and there went the performance tuner followed shortly with CAI. Ha ha ha!

I got my intake and axel back at 4k miles on my baby lol and just recently got my tuner at roughly 7k miles lol.. No restraint on my part.. The warranty is what scared me a bit I didn't want to void it but once I looked at my warranty booklet it clearly states even a CAI will void warranty lol I was like W.E's
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VMP 4.0 Power Packages - up to 25RWHP gain justin00stang Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 0 09-17-2007 02:15 PM
Suspension Packages Save a Bundle! Matt@StangMods Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 6 09-28-2005 11:53 PM
yay! some packages came in tedness The Bar 3 06-30-2005 10:45 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



04:35 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.