SR parts? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 05-27-2014, 01:28 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
SR parts?

I was curious about who manufactures the SR parts sold by AM?

In the business world, this is called "private labeling." Businesses buy the rights to sell products that are made by other companies. They slap their name on it and market it as another brand when, in reality, it is the same exact part with the same quality. This is great for the new company because they can sell a product to complement their other offerings and not have to develop it from scratch.

Case in point, SR lowering springs for about $160 (on sale). American Muscle probably did not go to the lab and try out different spring rates, do all sorts of testing, register with DOT, etc.

Sorry for the business lesson, but the question is, where do the SR parts come from? Which manufacturer do they belong to from the first party? This would be hugely helpful to check out feedback on the original part, if you could trace it back.
offroadcameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2014, 09:00 PM   #2
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadcameron View Post

In the business world, this is called "private labeling." Businesses buy the rights to sell products that are made by other companies. They slap their name on it and market it as another brand when, in reality, it is the same exact part with the same quality. This is great for the new company because they can sell a product to complement their other offerings and not have to develop it from scratch.

Case in point, SR lowering springs for about $160 (on sale). American Muscle probably did not go to the lab and try out different spring rates, do all sorts of testing, register with DOT, etc.

Sorry for the business lesson, but the question is, where do the SR parts come from? Which manufacturer do they belong to from the first party? This would be hugely helpful to check out feedback on the original part, if you could trace it back.
Thanks for the question. SR Performance actually does a little bit of everything when it comes to bringing quality products to Mustang owners. Some are built completely from the ground up and others SR partners up with the best pre-existing manufacturers to build or improve on a current design.

The SR lowering springs are actually a great example because the team did work to build a progressive rate spring with perfect spring rates at a great bang for your buck. They're not just a spring "off the shelf" under their name. Same with the rest of the SR line of products. They're all QC'ed by SR and then used heavily by the AM team to make sure they're worthy of our customer's rides.

We pride ourselves on transparent customer reviews and customer submitted pics. So, if you're looking for great feedback on SR parts, check out the product pages on AmericanMuscle. As well, SR suspension components are being used by the team at 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords magazine right now for 2 different projects (a New Edge and an 05-09 S197) with their coil-overs, lowering springs, panhard, control arms, etc. They'll have some good 3rd party feedback, I'm sure.

The stuff is definitely legit. We've used it on a ton of our project cars and I've been thrilled with the results.

Hope this helps!
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764 | Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
Need Help? PM AMAlexLazarus for immediate assistance!
AMChrisRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:19 AM   #3
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadcameron View Post

Excellent question and one I was wondering this myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMChrisRose View Post
Thanks for the question. SR Performance actually does a little bit of everything when it comes to bringing quality products to Mustang owners. Some are built completely from the ground up and others SR partners up with the best pre-existing manufacturers to build or improve on a current design.

The SR lowering springs are actually a great example because the team did work to build a progressive rate spring with perfect spring rates at a great bang for your buck. They're not just a spring "off the shelf" under their name. Same with the rest of the SR line of products. They're all QC'ed by SR and then used heavily by the AM team to make sure they're worthy of our customer's rides.

We pride ourselves on transparent customer reviews and customer submitted pics. So, if you're looking for great feedback on SR parts, check out the product pages on AmericanMuscle. As well, SR suspension components are being used by the team at 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords magazine right now for 2 different projects (a New Edge and an 05-09 S197) with their coil-overs, lowering springs, panhard, control arms, etc. They'll have some good 3rd party feedback, I'm sure.

The stuff is definitely legit. We've used it on a ton of our project cars and I've been thrilled with the results.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the info, Chris! I was looking at getting some SR Performance LCA's and headed over here to see the gossip, so to speak. It looks like their products are good buy compared to others out there.
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2014, 12:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Part of the reason I was curious is because the pricing seems almost too good to be true. The springs often go on sale for $159. To be clear, that's $159, free shipping for all four springs. $40 per spring? Last time I checked, Xbox games were $60.

This means that A) Poor quality, B) They are someone else's part, or C) AmericanMuscle is out of their mind.

Seems to be C.
offroadcameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:13 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
D- is american muscle OEM

The company I work for do the same lol they do a lot of OEM
Ranger052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:28 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
SR Performance Coil-Over Kit for $699.99
seems to cheap to be good lol if this was a different company I would probably have ordered the kit as soon as I seen the offer on AM but for some reason I as well as many others associate the SR brand as the bargain brand or cheap low quality parts... But really I know nothing about the brand so my opinion means nothing ahha but when compared to say Eibach selling there kit for 1500 or KW selling theres for 2-3000 .. just makes you wonder.
FullyAutomatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle