Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 06-23-2014, 12:53 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
PROBLEM with BAMA 'Race' tune on 2013 V6

Hey guys…
Hopefully soon can help me with this…

I recently got the BAMA tuner with the 3 custom tunes from American Muscle for my 2013 V6 with a JLT CAI and PYPES catback exhaust.

I initially installed the PERFORMANCE tune and all went well…it worked great and the car was a-ok. I decided I would give the RACE tune a try, since it apparently is the one with the highest HP gains.

…PROBLEM…reverted to stock and then programmed the RACE tune as would be common practice and the car is having issues. First of all, the engine check light is on…secondly…the sound is more aggressive and the throttle response is increased as expected, but the issue is with power…it actually has LESS 'push' than the 'performance' tune and if I slam on the gas the car screams but does not jump…it actually feels like the engine is "choked".

I am going to revert to stock and re-upload the PERFORMANCE tune I had previously…but would love to find out what the issue is and possibly fix it.

Thanks all for your help !
grom80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2014, 07:12 AM   #2
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Have you contacted the Bama support team on this? They are going to be your best bet to resolving.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:43 AM   #3
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by grom80 View Post
Hey guys…
Hopefully soon can help me with this…

I recently got the BAMA tuner with the 3 custom tunes from American Muscle for my 2013 V6 with a JLT CAI and PYPES catback exhaust.

I initially installed the PERFORMANCE tune and all went well…it worked great and the car was a-ok. I decided I would give the RACE tune a try, since it apparently is the one with the highest HP gains.

…PROBLEM…reverted to stock and then programmed the RACE tune as would be common practice and the car is having issues. First of all, the engine check light is on…secondly…the sound is more aggressive and the throttle response is increased as expected, but the issue is with power…it actually has LESS 'push' than the 'performance' tune and if I slam on the gas the car screams but does not jump…it actually feels like the engine is "choked".

I am going to revert to stock and re-upload the PERFORMANCE tune I had previously…but would love to find out what the issue is and possibly fix it.

Thanks all for your help !
Op,

Sorry to hear about the trouble here! The first thing that comes to mind on my end is the CAI. What you're describing sounds as if there could potentially be a leak somewhere. I don't want to jump the gun but at any point did you happen to check/scan the code that was thrown?

Can you give me an update on how the vehicle reacted when you reloaded the Performance tune as well? If it's still acting up either shoot me a PM with your order info and I'll have a tuner reach out or shoot Bama a call directly at 888.226.9764 and they'll get this sorted quick!

-Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2014, 11:23 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Hey guys.

Thanks for the help. Yeah I reloaded the PERFORMANCE tune and cleared the KAM...but have not taken it for a spin yet. Will do today and report.

CAI is installed pretty damn tight and snug...only thing that I could imagine is the hole you need to drill for a tube on automatics...I did have to widen the hole a little to install the grommet...but I sealed the edges with glue.

DTC codes I got are :
P0012
P0014
P0022
P0024

Thanks!
Old 06-24-2014, 07:39 AM   #5
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Hey guys.

Thanks for the help. Yeah I reloaded the PERFORMANCE tune and cleared the KAM...but have not taken it for a spin yet. Will do today and report.

CAI is installed pretty damn tight and snug...only thing that I could imagine is the hole you need to drill for a tube on automatics...I did have to widen the hole a little to install the grommet...but I sealed the edges with glue.

DTC codes I got are :
P0012
P0014
P0022
P0024

Thanks!
Hey OP- I just wanted to see if you how you were making out! Let me know if they're still persistent and we can get some datalogs set up if need be.

-Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Hey there !

no go...I got a revised PERFORMANCE tune back from BAMA (although my problem was with the RACE tune...) and that one still had the same problem...CAM timing issues, engine light on, car choked/sluggish...

I reverted back to the original PERFORMANCE tune I had gotten with my order and it works great...just would like to take advantage of a properly functioning RACE tune.

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Hey there !

no go...I got a revised PERFORMANCE tune back from BAMA (although my problem was with the RACE tune...) and that one still had the same problem...CAM timing issues, engine light on, car choked/sluggish...

I reverted back to the original PERFORMANCE tune I had gotten with my order and it works great...just would like to take advantage of a properly functioning RACE tune.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:55 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Do some data logging with the good tune and let them know exactly what problems you are having.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:28 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Ok here's the update...
BAMA sent me a revised PERFORMANCE tune on 91 octane...saying that there was something with the SCT template.

I put it on and it ended up giving me the same problems as the original RACE tune I got when I ordered the tuner...

So...I threw the original PERFORMANCE tune back on which is fine.

WTF is going on ? check engine light goes on and codes are always the same issue...CAMS...over-retarded...left and right bank.

I would like to have the RACE tune working since I paid for it.

Frustration...
Old 07-01-2014, 08:32 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Ok here's the update...
BAMA sent me a revised PERFORMANCE tune on 91 octane...saying that there was something with the SCT template.

I put it on and it ended up giving me the same problems as the original RACE tune I got when I ordered the tuner...

So...I threw the original PERFORMANCE tune back on which is fine.

WTF is going on ? check engine light goes on and codes are always the same issue...CAMS...over-retarded...left and right bank.

I would like to have the RACE tune working since I paid for it.

Frustration...
Make sure you've being very clear when speaking with them. Also data logging is going to give them far more information than "it's doing this or that". Also, it seems minor but make sure the firmware is updated on your device. I had a few issues with a tune applying correctly that I can safely attribute to out of date firmware.
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:36 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Hey...

Yeah I updated firmware and versions and everything on the tuner as soon as I got it 2 weeks back.

I gave BAMA all the DTC codes...

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Hey...

Yeah I updated firmware and versions and everything on the tuner as soon as I got it 2 weeks back.

I gave BAMA all the DTC codes...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle