2001 Cobra new help with parts - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 07-08-2014, 12:36 AM   #1

Region: Maryland
2001 Cobra new help with parts

Okay guys it's come that time where I am financially able to work on my baby a 2001 mustang cobra. It is completely stock with 40k miles.

1.So first things first my throw out bearing is in horrible shape so I'm gonna change the entire clutch system. Can you tell me if I have the T-45 or TR3650 transmission ?? I heard they changed In 01 not sure if it's cobras or just GTs. My car was one of the first hundred cobras made that year.

Can I get recommendations as far as what parts I should get. I'm ordering all of my parts through AmericanMuscle
I'm getting the ford throw out bearing but what do you suggest for flywheel and pilot bearing and clutch fork and should I change my input shaft

Then I need a CAI and exhaust and full length sub frame connectors. Also need to get new spark plugs

I'm trying to decide if I want to twin screw super charge it or TURBO it. I'd really like people inputs on that

Our garage is finally finished were going to be putting the lift in there soon (speaking of which does anyone have any suggestions on that topic)

I'm going to buy the majority of the all the parts at once. So I'm trying to compile a list. We're going to be doing most of the work ourselfs.

If anyone has any other ideas please tell me. Thanks for your input in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Danmart2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2014, 09:01 AM   #2
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danmart2009 View Post
Okay guys it's come that time where I am financially able to work on my baby a 2001 mustang cobra. It is completely stock with 40k miles.

1.So first things first my throw out bearing is in horrible shape so I'm gonna change the entire clutch system. Can you tell me if I have the T-45 or TR3650 transmission ?? I heard they changed In 01 not sure if it's cobras or just GTs. My car was one of the first hundred cobras made that year.

Can I get recommendations as far as what parts I should get. I'm ordering all of my parts through AmericanMuscle
I'm getting the ford throw out bearing but what do you suggest for flywheel and pilot bearing and clutch fork and should I change my input shaft

Then I need a CAI and exhaust and full length sub frame connectors. Also need to get new spark plugs

I'm trying to decide if I want to twin screw super charge it or TURBO it. I'd really like people inputs on that

Our garage is finally finished were going to be putting the lift in there soon (speaking of which does anyone have any suggestions on that topic)

I'm going to buy the majority of the all the parts at once. So I'm trying to compile a list. We're going to be doing most of the work ourselfs.
1. Good question and the you should have the 3650-If you want to get a definitive answer check your Transmission Tag Identifier

2. Not to jump the gun but if you're planning on going forced induction I might hold off on the clutch as you're going to need something pretty heavy duty to grow into!

3.Regarding the Cold Air Intakes there's a load of them out there and you're going to get many opinions here. I personally recommend JLT's Next Generation as I've sold loads of them when I worked in customer service here as well as feeling the improvement on a co-workers car. A nice thing about them is that they're not going to require a Bama X4/SF4 Tuner but that's something that would really make your car preform that much better!

4. For the Exhaust that's going to be a tough one as well-There's many different styles out there and the 4v in my opinion has a sound that's just clear. It sticks out in my head and I swear I can tell them apart from 2 and 3V's in the distance! I think a Catback System would be more than enough to wake the car up and if you're still itching for sound you could get into a mid pipe or headers down the road. We're in the process of bringing on Bassani's as we speak but a close 2nd would be Borla's Stinger. It's wildly aggressive and I think it sounds perfect.

5. I would recommend J&M's Subframe connectors as I've had a wide variety of their parts installed on my cars over the years and they're top notch!

6. For the plugs I would go with NGK's Iridium IX Plugs as they're a little more conductive than what you would find off the shelf at the dealer.

I hope this helps! Given the the amount you're looking to purchase shoot me a PM and I'll see if I can help out!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle