This is why American Muscle is great. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 08-01-2014, 08:27 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
This is why American Muscle is great.

Approximately one month ago I had my Raxiom halo projection headlights installed on my pony and boy do they look amazing. Last night I noticed all this condensation on the inside bottom and sides of the passenger side headlight. Of course I'm like great the headlight has a bad seal.

I contacted AM this morning because the condensation was still there and my pony hasn't been driven in the rain since I have had the raxiom headlights installed. Plus my pony is garage kept and out of the elements. I spoke with the customer service rep and explained the situation about the condensation issue.

Immediately the customer service rep appoligised and in less than 1 minute had ordered me out an entire new set and mailed them. It was that easy with AM. Do faulty products happen? Sure they do and certainly not AM's fault but they step up and take care of the customer. I have always received this level of service from AM and that's why there my number 1 go to mustang parts company.

Faulty products and mistakes happen but its how a company deals with those situations and AM is a top notch company.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1406942712240.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	162682  
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2014, 08:32 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Are these lights as bright as the stock lights?

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 08-01-2014, 08:59 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Change the bulbs out and they are close of you don't have hids. Can't speak for the hid kit.

AM's customer service is top notch.
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2014, 09:01 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Yep I had a problem with (3) sets of the Raxiom halo fog lights and each time a new set was sent before I had to send them in which was great. Glad they handled it just as smoothly for you.

@BlackPonyIHave: Yes, if not brighter.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:03 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPonyIHave View Post

I have to say yes. I have 50% front windshield tint on and have no issues with the light output from the H9 bulbs.

Old 08-01-2014, 09:27 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
People at AM seem really nice!

BUT.....I've ordered twice there and both times it was messed up. First time they sent chrome 5.0 emblems when I ordered matte black. Then a second order a Raxiom GPS unit that took over a week to come to me and when I opened it, it was the wrong item. I called and asked to have the right one overnighted but their policy dictates they need to have the wrong one sent back, when they see UPS has it scanned into their system and AM sees that's it's been returned THEN and only then will they send a new unit so I now need to wait another week plus the weekend, put my dash back together and repeat when the right one comes.

Kind of ridiculous considering it was their mistake.
dblhelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:44 PM   #7
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
I have a little bit of an issue with the policy of them not shipping immediately when it is THEIR fault and not overnighting either. Summit will do this and so will LRS. LRS will even issue a refund if you write a bad review of a product and you are a longtime repeat customer like they just did for me. Last time I wrote a bad review on AM it never went public lol. Still, all in all, AM is one of the top 2 or 3 sites I will order from. Like any big parts distributor, they are going to have bad products from time to time. Besides the gripe about no immediate/overnight shipping when it is their fault, I have no other complaints and have spent a good deal of $$ on their site.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:19 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblhelx View Post

BUT.....I've ordered twice there and both times it was messed up. First time they sent chrome 5.0 emblems when I ordered matte black. Then a second order a Raxiom GPS unit that took over a week to come to me and when I opened it, it was the wrong item. I called and asked to have the right one overnighted but their policy dictates they need to have the wrong one sent back, when they see UPS has it scanned into their system and AM sees that's it's been returned THEN and only then will they send a new unit so I now need to wait another week plus the weekend, put my dash back together and repeat when the right one comes.

Kind of ridiculous considering it was their mistake.
Good info. For this issue, they are mailing the new set out and once I have them installed I ship the bad one back. They pay for the return shipping.

Old 08-04-2014, 07:37 AM   #9
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Approximately one month ago I had my Raxiom halo projection headlights installed on my pony and boy do they look amazing. Last night I noticed all this condensation on the inside bottom and sides of the passenger side headlight. Of course I'm like great the headlight has a bad seal.

I contacted AM this morning because the condensation was still there and my pony hasn't been driven in the rain since I have had the raxiom headlights installed. Plus my pony is garage kept and out of the elements. I spoke with the customer service rep and explained the situation about the condensation issue.

Immediately the customer service rep appoligised and in less than 1 minute had ordered me out an entire new set and mailed them. It was that easy with AM. Do faulty products happen? Sure they do and certainly not AM's fault but they step up and take care of the customer. I have always received this level of service from AM and that's why there my number 1 go to mustang parts company.

Faulty products and mistakes happen but its how a company deals with those situations and AM is a top notch company.
Hey Kona,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you had with the Raxioms! I'm happy to hear that our customer service team was able to get this fixed up for you as quickly as possible! Let me know if you have any questions at all about the return process and I'm here to help!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:39 AM   #10
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPonyIHave View Post
The bulbs from Raxiom are pretty bright but I found with mine I wanted something a little brighter as I live in the middle of nowhere in Central PA-Sylvania's did the trick!

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAC20 View Post
AM's customer service is top notch.
Thank you for the kind words! We really appreciate it!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 08-04-2014, 07:45 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Hey Kona,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you had with the Raxioms! I'm happy to hear that our customer service team was able to get this fixed up for you as quickly as possible! Let me know if you have any questions at all about the return process and I'm here to help!

Alex
Alex,
Stuff happens and not the end of the world. Lol. Manufacture defects happen but many times its how a vender handles those mistake that make the difference. AM handles business top notch and wanted readers to know that. AM is my #1 go to parts for my pony..

Sent from my naked Johnson. The thrid real non Boss 227
Old 08-04-2014, 07:45 AM   #12
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
Yep I had a problem with (3) sets of the Raxiom halo fog lights and each time a new set was sent before I had to send them in which was great. Glad they handled it just as smoothly for you.
@BlackPonyIHave: Yes, if not brighter.
Yikes-Sorry to hear about the problems you had with them! If you're to ever have anything pop up again shoot me a PM I'm always here to help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblhelx View Post
BUT.....I've ordered twice there and both times it was messed up. First time they sent chrome 5.0 emblems when I ordered matte black. Then a second order a Raxiom GPS unit that took over a week to come to me and when I opened it, it was the wrong item. I called and asked to have the right one overnighted but their policy dictates they need to have the wrong one sent back, when they see UPS has it scanned into their system and AM sees that's it's been returned THEN and only then will they send a new unit so I now need to wait another week plus the weekend, put my dash back together and repeat when the right one comes. Kind of ridiculous considering it was their mistake.
dblhelx-Sorry to hear about the inconvenience working with us! I'm not entirely sure how the incorrect parts manged to get picked not once, but twice in a row! If there's ever anything I can help out with please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM, I'm happy to keep watch on any of your future orders for you!

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I have a little bit of an issue with the policy of them not shipping immediately when it is THEIR fault and not overnighting either. Summit will do this and so will LRS. LRS will even issue a refund if you write a bad review of a product and you are a longtime repeat customer like they just did for me. Last time I wrote a bad review on AM it never went public lol. Still, all in all, AM is one of the top 2 or 3 sites I will order from. Like any big parts distributor, they are going to have bad products from time to time. Besides the gripe about no immediate/overnight shipping when it is their fault, I have no other complaints and have spent a good deal of $$ on their site.
Scotty-Thanks for your feedback here. This is a new returns system that was put in place not long ago and there's a few other companies out there that will do this as well-We'll work with customers on a case by case basis and if there was something that needed to be sent immediately we would do so to ensure that our customers would be able to use their car!

In regards to the review can you shoot me a PM with the sku and your email address so I can look into this further? We'll always post reviews even if they're negative, and there has to be an explanation for why this wasn't used. Let me know and I'm happy to speak with our content team to see why!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 08-04-2014, 07:48 AM   #13
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Alex,
Stuff happens and not the end of the world. Lol. Manufacture defects happen but many times its how a vender handles those mistake that make the difference. AM handles business top notch and wanted readers to know that. AM is my #1 go to parts for my pony..

Thanks again for the feedback and comments-We're here to bend over backwards to ensure our customers are happy with the parts sold and our service! Let me know if there's ever anything I can help out with, I check my PM's hourly (even offsite/afterhours) and I'm always watching!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 08-04-2014, 11:13 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
This is why American Muscle is great.

I just enjoy living on the east coast and receiving all my AM orders with the Standard free shipping option in LESS than 24 hours. Every single time. Can't complain

I wish this month had a little more love for the 14 v6 in their sales. But there's always next month to look forward to!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DiESeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:48 AM   #15
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
I just enjoy living on the east coast and receiving all my AM orders with the Standard free shipping option in LESS than 24 hours. Every single time. Can't complain

I wish this month had a little more love for the 14 v6 in their sales. But there's always next month to look forward to!

I live 3-4 hours from AM. They once took 4 days to get something to me and it came post office. Every other time its come UPS and been next day.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:57 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I think its great that car forums serve as a back up to protect customers from poor vendor customer service. Also allows vendors (that care) a chance to monitor and spot check how well they are doing based off of positive or negative posts. Good stuff.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:58 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Lucky! I'm in Cali and it takes forever for my AM orders. That is truly the only complaint I've had with AM - seems Amazon ships me stuff from the freakin moon in 48 hours!
ninerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:39 PM   #18
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerone View Post
Lucky! I'm in Cali and it takes forever for my AM orders. That is truly the only complaint I've had with AM - seems Amazon ships me stuff from the freakin moon in 48 hours!
Try LRS, they are in Texas but I usually get my stuff in 3 business days in the Northeast from them. I have never had a problem not getting my orders from AM though, and only that one time did it take awhile.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:22 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Try LRS, they are in Texas but I usually get my stuff in 3 business days in the Northeast from them. I have never had a problem not getting my orders from AM though, and only that one time did it take awhile.
I've used LRS before and it was certainly faster. AM usually takes at least 5 days, and generally that means more like 7 because it's never a Monday when I order parts. I don't mind the wait, given the value of AM and their customer service. Would just be even sweeter if they had a West Coast warehouse or faster standard shipping. I mean, hey, if shipping speed is the biggest complaint, I'd say they are doing things pretty well right.
ninerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:52 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
AM is the best! They have gone above and beyond for me numerous times.... just recently, I had an emergency with my GT/CS spoiler and Alex went over to the paint location, grabbed an install kit, and had them sent to me! It really saved me a lot of $ as the Ford Dealer was trying to rip me off pretty bad! Whenever I have had a problem, whether it is through contacting Alex or Dan on here, or calling in to AM, they have been nothing but polite and informative.... hands down the best company I have ever had the pleasure of purchasing from, and they are my go-to company for my 'stangs wants and needs! Cannot say enough good words about the company as a whole and the awesome people who work there.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:21 AM   #21
Site Sponsor

Quote:
I live 3-4 hours from AM. They once took 4 days to get something to me and it came post office. Every other time its come UPS and been next day.
I'm sorry about the extensive delay on your end! Was the item smaller, lightweight by chance? If we have anything that's on the small side we'll have the ordered shipped standard USPS but if need be we're happy to have an order forced UPS ground for you I would just ask that the orders set up over the phone or you could even shoot me a PM with part numbers and I'm happy to have a quote set up for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinc03svt View Post
I think its great that car forums serve as a back up to protect customers from poor vendor customer service. Also allows vendors (that care) a chance to monitor and spot check how well they are doing based off of positive or negative posts. Good stuff.
This is a public forum and we're all entitled to share our experiences, myself included. As a consumer, employee, and car guy I hate to hear customers having issues be it UPS playing 2 hand touch with their parts or a Short Shift kit being sent short a screw. We rely heavily on the forums as they're crucial for us to ensure we're doing the right thing! We're always here to help out and can be easily reached for questions at all hours so if something were to ever come up we'd want to hear about it.
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 08-05-2014, 11:25 AM   #22
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerone View Post
I've used LRS before and it was certainly faster. AM usually takes at least 5 days, and generally that means more like 7 because it's never a Monday when I order parts. I don't mind the wait, given the value of AM and their customer service. Would just be even sweeter if they had a West Coast warehouse or faster standard shipping. I mean, hey, if shipping speed is the biggest complaint, I'd say they are doing things pretty well right.
Hey! I'm hoping that in the future we're going to have the ability to make it out to the left coast a little faster for you! We do have expedited shipping that's available if you're ever in a pinch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
AM is the best! They have gone above and beyond for me numerous times.... just recently, I had an emergency with my GT/CS spoiler and Alex went over to the paint location, grabbed an install kit, and had them sent to me! It really saved me a lot of $ as the Ford Dealer was trying to rip me off pretty bad! Whenever I have had a problem, whether it is through contacting Alex or Dan on here, or calling in to AM, they have been nothing but polite and informative.... hands down the best company I have ever had the pleasure of purchasing from, and they are my go-to company for my 'stangs wants and needs! Cannot say enough good words about the company as a whole and the awesome people who work there.
Thank you for the kind words and comments as always! I'm happy to hear that I manged to get it delivered in time!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 08-05-2014, 01:00 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey! I'm hoping that in the future we're going to have the ability to make it out to the left coast a little faster for you! We do have expedited shipping that's available if you're ever in a pinch!

Thank you for the kind words and comments as always! I'm happy to hear that I manged to get it delivered in time!

Alex
Curse you AM for not having control over the US Postal Service or UPS. Grrrrrr.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:25 PM   #24
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
I'm sorry about the extensive delay on your end! Was the item smaller, lightweight by chance? If we have anything that's on the small side we'll have the ordered shipped standard USPS but if need be we're happy to have an order forced UPS ground for you I would just ask that the orders set up over the phone or you could even shoot me a PM with part numbers and I'm happy to have a quote set up for you.
Yep, it was a small part, it took 4 business days to arrive to NJ which is completely unacceptable but the ship date on the package was correct so I know it was USPS's fault. In the future, if I order anything small I'll call the order in and make sure its forced UPS.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:32 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Isn't standard shipping 3-5 business days? Unacceptable may be a little strong of a word for something that took the time that is advertised lol.

DiESeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 01:39 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Isn't standard shipping 3-5 business days? Unacceptable may be a little strong of a word for something that took the time that is advertised lol.

From Pennsylvania to new jersey? 4 days shipping is too long.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:19 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
That's entirely UPS's fault and nothing AM can do if the ship date was 4 days ago. It sucks but it happens.

Old 08-05-2014, 02:54 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Thats Governor Chris Christy. He is blocking the postal service. Ha ha ha ha ha

Old 08-05-2014, 03:01 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thats Governor Chris Christy. He is blocking the postal service. Ha ha ha ha ha

Hahaha, true.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:07 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hahaha, true.
Just like blocking the George Washington bridge. Ba ha ha ha

Old 08-05-2014, 03:09 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
why because they mess every ones orders up? send wrong parts? damaged parts then make good on there returns? pfffft sounds more like a company with terrible quality control
TurboCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:45 AM   #32
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Yep, it was a small part, it took 4 business days to arrive to NJ which is completely unacceptable but the ship date on the package was correct so I know it was USPS's fault. In the future, if I order anything small I'll call the order in and make sure its forced UPS.
That's no good at all and I would agree with you on this. We rely on them heavily and I'm not sure what's been going on with USPS in the past few years. Ironically I've seen them make it to Florida faster than NJ some times. I'll tell you what! If you're going to have something ordered in the future shoot me a PM with the parts you're looking for and I'll have everything set up. All you would need to do would be to call in with the quote number to finalize the order.
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 08-07-2014, 07:51 AM   #33
Site Sponsor

Quote:
While it is I'm accustomed to overnight shipping anywhere from say NY to VA where we're located outside of Philadelphia and I would still agree with Scotty on this. We "do" have the option to force orders to UPS at no additional charge but it's something that has to be done over the phone as if the orders placed online the order would be shipped via USPS standard. Again if anyone's close to us let us know over the phone or come down and make the order in person! We'd love to see you here and give you a tour!

Quote:
100% Agree with you on this! I would rather zip-tie a mid-pipe to my Trek and ride over the Ben Franklin than make our customers wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
That's entirely UPS's fault and nothing AM can do if the ship date was 4 days ago. It sucks but it happens.
Thanks Grabber-We rely heavily on UPS as well-They bust their rears to process and facilitate orders but at the end of the day we're here to expedite it if need be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboCobra View Post
why because they mess every ones orders up? send wrong parts? damaged parts then make good on there returns? pfffft sounds more like a company with terrible quality control
Hey,

If there's something I can help out with feel free to shoot me a PM and let me know!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 08-07-2014, 08:00 AM   #34
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
While it is I'm accustomed to overnight shipping anywhere from say NY to VA where we're located outside of Philadelphia and I would still agree with Scotty on this. We "do" have the option to force orders to UPS at no additional charge but it's something that has to be done over the phone as if the orders placed online the order would be shipped via USPS standard. Again if anyone's close to us let us know over the phone or come down and make the order in person! We'd love to see you here and give you a tour!

100% Agree with you on this! I would rather zip-tie a mid-pipe to my Trek and ride over the Ben Franklin than make our customers wait!

Thanks Grabber-We rely heavily on UPS as well-They bust their rears to process and facilitate orders but at the end of the day we're here to expedite it if need be!

Hey,

If there's something I can help out with feel free to shoot me a PM and let me know!
Thanks, I do want to drop by AM at some point. Of course, for the AM show I'm going to be out of town like always happens, but then... I hate big crowds so I'd probably rather stop by on a non-show day. I also hear AM does very cheap rear gear installs which I'd like to look into. Nothing I can't do myself but I've gotten lazier the older I get lol.

And as far as USPS and "3-5 days standard", sorry to ship something 2-3 hours away and take 4 days is total BS. UPS does it in under 24 hours every single time I order from AM and they ship UPS. Granted, UPS has way better facilities and ppl how actually give two ****s about their jobs, but it still should not take the post office as long as it does. Then again, I guess there is a reason that the Post Office is a major money losing/taxpayer subsidized entity...

Also LMFAO on the Chris Christie comments. From "Bridgegate" to completely de-funding the education system from what it used to be, he's been one piece of **** governor. Yes, he did a good job with Sandy and dared to compliment Obama (gasp!) but besides that it has been one crappy thing after another with him.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:49 AM   #35
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks, I do want to drop by AM at some point. Of course, for the AM show I'm going to be out of town like always happens, but then... I hate big crowds so I'd probably rather stop by on a non-show day. I also hear AM does very cheap rear gear installs which I'd like to look into. Nothing I can't do myself but I've gotten lazier the older I get lol.
You're very welcome! We're here Monday-Friday 10-4 but if you're dropping by for a tour we'll stay all night if need be! Sorry to hear that you're unable to make the show this year! In regards to installs we're actunally unable to do so on site due to Justin and the video teams hectic schedule but I can definitely give you a great recommendation in our area. Let me know if I can be of any assistance at all!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle