Bama tune help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 08-10-2014, 07:02 PM   #1

Region: Florida
Bama tune help

Hi guys. Hoping I could get some assistance.

I recently bought an 05 GT. It came with a Bama tune for 93 octane, JLT CAI, O/R X-pipes with cat delete, SLP axle-back, and 4.10 gears. I have since removed the x-pipe and installed a stock h-pipe with cats. It was too loud for me. I also have the Bama tuner used to tune the car by the previous owner.

My question is this. I'd like to revert back to stock on the tune because its my daily driver, mainly to save some gas. Can I tune my car back to stock with the mods I still have on, or will I need a new tune for the remaining mods? The 4.10 gears are my main concern.

Thanks in advance everyone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140809_185107.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	897.3 KB
ID:	163206  
Soilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2014, 12:42 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Well the jlt is most likely tune required depending on which one it is. The tune also fixes the speedo with the different gears.

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

I would just get a performance 87 tune if you are concerned about gas.

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:36 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
The JLT CAI for the 3v 4.6 requires a tune (according to their website) as most JLT CAI's do. I don't think a tune is required for an O/R midpipe but the tune can definitely be calibrated for it so you may want to get a re-written tune soon (as your tune now may still be set for O/R). Aftermarket gears can be run but your speedo will read wrong.

Go with a basic 87 octane tune with Shell/Chevron/Exxon/Texaco gas and not sh*tty quality 87 for best mileage. Performance tunes may actually yield better MPG provided you keep your foot out of it.
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2014, 07:09 AM   #4

Region: Florida
Thanks a lot for the replies. I completely forgot about the speedo calibration for the gears. I'll be keeping this tune then. I don't think I will be buying a tune anytime soon. I didn't buy the car for the gas mileage lol. Thanks again guys.
Soilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:29 AM   #5
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soilla View Post

I recently bought an 05 GT. It came with a Bama tune for 93 octane, JLT CAI, O/R X-pipes with cat delete, SLP axle-back, and 4.10 gears. I have since removed the x-pipe and installed a stock h-pipe with cats. It was too loud for me. I also have the Bama tuner used to tune the car by the previous owner.

My question is this. I'd like to revert back to stock on the tune because its my daily driver, mainly to save some gas. Can I tune my car back to stock with the mods I still have on, or will I need a new tune for the remaining mods? The 4.10 gears are my main concern.

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the replies. I completely forgot about the speedo calibration for the gears. I'll be keeping this tune then. I don't think I will be buying a tune anytime soon. I didn't buy the car for the gas mileage lol. Thanks again guys.
These guys all pointed you in the right direction. It sounds like you're in good shape at this point! Let us know if we can be of any assistance or if you have any questions.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:08 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

You can ask for stock tune but just have them recalibrate the speedo
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle