Review of 2014 American Muscle Show - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 08-16-2014, 11:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Review of 2014 American Muscle Show

For those of us who attended this years AM show there was no shortage of mustangs. There easily was over 2500 plus mustangs registered in this years show. There was what appeared to be endless rows of stangs farthy as one could see. From Super Snakes to beautiful Roush, Saleen, RTR, MMD editions there was plenty to look at.

Not too mention the beautiful AM girls and an honorable mention of all the hot, sexy trailer trashy looking woman there. Nothing brings out hotter trashy woman than an amazing mustang car show. Fast, beautiful cars and trashy hot woman is what makes for an amazing AM show.

On a side note it was great to see Dan Bailer whose mustang was in the show and absolutely killer ride. The burn out competition was highly enjoyable and something about watching someone take a new 5.0 and roast there transmission to the point of it practually exploding, is highly entertaining. The track racing after the show was officially over was also a excellent finishing touch.

I must say there was some beautiful looking stangs today and some stangs that looked nasty. I can't believe some people would bring there stang to a car show and the botch looks like it hasn't been washed in months. Wheels that look like they have never been cleaned. Engine bays that look like they have never seen any cleaning solvent in its entire existence.

Spoilers that are big enough to land a Boeing 747. 10k in Lamborghini doors but yet have rust spots all over back panels. Painters tape that covered an entire hood, front fascia, rear fenders just so rocks don't scratch the paint underneath.

Good grief people, lets have some pride in your freaking ride. For this show I detailed my entire engine bay, vacuumed the interior, shinned up all interior plastics, washed, clay bar, polished and waxed it.

I did spend the day with a forum member from ME named Dan and was great in doing so.This is what a car should look like for a AM show!

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1408248819968.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	163644   Click image for larger version

Name:	1408248836195.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	163645  

Name:	1408248850848.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	163646   Click image for larger version

Name:	1408248873478.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	163647  

Name:	1408248907366.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	163648   Click image for larger version

Name:	1408248924474.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	163649  

2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2014, 11:35 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Wish I had known you were there Kona! A few of us ME guys were together right at the front by the super long red mustang clan (red mustang registry, or RMR, is what they call themselves). I spent a very long time making my car look especially clean, re-dipped my wheels, and really worked hard on my engine bay! I actually got some nice compliments from some people checking it out and even the judge when he was judging it. I was pleasantly surprised. Everyone else from ME parked by me had amazingly clean and well-kept rides as well. As you mentioned, some rides were downright crap. Peeling hoods, rusted through body parts, mud all over the fenders..... Why pay $25 to enter your car if you can't be bothered to wash it!? The compliments I got from people on my paint and plastidipped wheels, as well as my home-made faux "carbon fiber" wrapped intake tube made all the hours of prep. so worth it.
I just wish the rev contest was better. It was a pretty big disappointment to me I guess I expected a lot louder and better sounding exhausts... I ended up walking away.
Some of those dyno pulls were absolutely insane. I was blown away by the last one I think he hit 950.
I loved the vendors there, so much info. and an amazing opportunity to check products out first hand. Checked out the Borla S-types, had them rev it, girlfriend even sat in the car while they did it for a "no drone test" LOL. Fell in love with them, went to go purchase them literally at noon an hour after the show started.... and they were sold out. HOW!? WHY!? The girl doing my orders said 2-3 weeks if I ordered them now... I said no thank you. Walked back over to Borla and their assistant director of marketing said to call her at noon Monday so she could look into getting me a pair ASAP. Sucks that AM missed out on a big purchase like that, as I wanted them so,so,so,so badly.
I picked up a Trufiber decklid panel among other things to make me feel better though, so I guess I will live.
I also fell in love with Mach 1's today, and the 2013-2014 Roush S3's....
Old 08-16-2014, 11:55 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Wish I had known you were there Kona! A few of us ME guys were together right at the front by the super long red mustang clan (red mustang registry, or RMR, is what they call themselves). I spent a very long time making my car look especially clean, re-dipped my wheels, and really worked hard on my engine bay! I actually got some nice compliments from some people checking it out and even the judge when he was judging it. I was pleasantly surprised. Everyone else from ME parked by me had amazingly clean and well-kept rides as well. As you mentioned, some rides were downright crap. Peeling hoods, rusted through body parts, mud all over the fenders..... Why pay $25 to enter your car if you can't be bothered to wash it!? The compliments I got from people on my paint and plastidipped wheels, as well as my home-made faux "carbon fiber" wrapped intake tube made all the hours of prep. so worth it.
I just wish the rev contest was better. It was a pretty big disappointment to me I guess I expected a lot louder and better sounding exhausts... I ended up walking away.
Some of those dyno pulls were absolutely insane. I was blown away by the last one I think he hit 950.
I loved the vendors there, so much info. and an amazing opportunity to check products out first hand. Checked out the Borla S-types, had them rev it, girlfriend even sat in the car while they did it for a "no drone test" LOL. Fell in love with them, went to go purchase them literally at noon an hour after the show started.... and they were sold out. HOW!? WHY!? The girl doing my orders said 2-3 weeks if I ordered them now... I said no thank you. Walked back over to Borla and their assistant director of marketing said to call her at noon Monday so she could look into getting me a pair ASAP. Sucks that AM missed out on a big purchase like that, as I wanted them so,so,so,so badly.
I picked up a Trufiber decklid panel among other things to make me feel better though, so I guess I will live.
I also fell in love with Mach 1's today, and the 2013-2014 Roush S3's....
Bro, I'm sorry we missed each other. I know exactly where you were and in fact I believe I saw your grabber blue pony. Its was insane clean but didn't realize it was you. There was some complete crap looking stangs there. Wheels that were dipped in complete ricer colors, entire plasti dip cars that looked like a$$. Mud and dirt caked on peoples cars that were just shameful.

Beautiful Mach 1's today and really really love them in competition orange. The Roush stage 3's were freaking beautiful. The rev competition was a pitiful display of sound. I must admit bro, I am a sucker for a hot, trashy, two trailer park girl go round the outside looking woman.

Matter of fact I believe you were parked near that twin turbo red 5.0. Also near that GHIG Boss 302 that had matching boss 302 power wheels car.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2014, 12:06 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Bro, I'm sorry we missed each other. I know exactly where you were and in fact I believe I saw your grabber blue pony. Its was insane clean but didn't realize it was you. There was some complete crap looking stangs there. Wheels that were dipped in complete ricer colors, entire plasti dip cars that looked like a$$. Mud and dirt caked on peoples cars that were just shameful.

Beautiful Mach 1's today and really really love them in competition orange. The Roush stage 3's were freaking beautiful. The rev competition was a pitiful display of sound. I must admit bro, I am a sucker for a hot, trashy, two trailer park girl go round the outside looking woman.

Matter of fact I believe you were parked near that twin turbo red 5.0. Also near that GHIG Boss 302 that had matching boss 302 power wheels car.

No worries! I was by my car literally maybe 5% of the time, there was just so much to do and so many cars to see. It is also literally impossible to match people's cars to who they are if you've never seen them before, unless they are extremely distinguishable such as yours. Later in the day a 78 mach 1 actually filled in one of the spots 2 cars away from me and that thing was gorgeous.
I used to hate competition orange before today. I now like it after seeing PROPER competition orange in person. The amount of P.O.S. rust buckets there was just insane. Some were literally rusting through the hood... looked like they took the damn things mudding before.
I know exactly what you mean, I saw a few of those women. And they just give you the eyes, man. They know, you know what they want. However, my girlfriend came with me so I did a lot of looking from behind the safety of sunglasses.
I was really surprised with how much she's learned about mustangs... and she had no problem laughing, pointing, and saying how ****ty some of those P.O.S. rust buckets were right in front of the owners LOL.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:12 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No worries! I was by my car literally maybe 5% of the time, there was just so much to do and so many cars to see. It is also literally impossible to match people's cars to who they are if you've never seen them before, unless they are extremely distinguishable such as yours. Later in the day a 78 mach 1 actually filled in one of the spots 2 cars away from me and that thing was gorgeous.
I used to hate competition orange before today. I now like it after seeing PROPER competition orange in person. The amount of P.O.S. rust buckets there was just insane. Some were literally rusting through the hood... looked like they took the damn things mudding before.
I know exactly what you mean, I saw a few of those women. And they just give you the eyes, man. They know, you know what they want. However, my girlfriend came with me so I did a lot of looking from behind the safety of sunglasses.
I was really surprised with how much she's learned about mustangs... and she had no problem laughing, pointing, and saying how ****ty some of those P.O.S. rust buckets were right in front of the owners LOL.
Lmao. Omg bro. Too funny. Also what's up with plasti dip the entire car and make it look like a $$. Hey did you see Justin from AM break the axle on the strip today racing the grabber blue project car? Lol

Old 08-17-2014, 12:20 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lmao. Omg bro. Too funny. Also what's up with plasti dip the entire car and make it look like a $$. Hey did you see Justin from AM break the axle on the strip today racing the grabber blue project car? Lol

They see that guy Rob Rabon's plastidipped mustang on Instagram and think they can do it themselves with no experience in their garage... ends up looking like a candle was melted on their car, they think it looks sick. I didn't see that, it must have been after I left. That sucks, what happened, it just popped?
I did however, see whoever was in charge of loading Vaughn Gittin Jr.s car have no idea what he was doing, mess the front bumper up, then ended up completely tearing the rear bumper off of it. Someone got fired lol.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:23 AM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
I am pissed that I live on the west coast. Is it an annual thing? The wife and I have been wanting a road trip and might have to plan it around that time

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 12:35 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
I am pissed that I live on the west coast. Is it an annual thing? The wife and I have been wanting a road trip and might have to plan it around that time

It is! The Maple Grove Raceway location was so perfect, I hope they have it here again next year. It was my first time coming, and I will not miss this for the world. Easily around 3,000 registered mustangs... my girlfriend who HATES loud exhausts, going fast, etc. came with me and she had a blast, she was hopping in the Borla test cars for sound tests for me, pointing out what mods to get, and even at the end of the day pointing out Mach 1s to me. She had no idea what a Mach 1 was or even that there were different kinds of mustangs besides the 3.7, 5.0, and the old 64-69s when she got there. Awesome show that drew a really good crowd. By that I mean it was such nice, friendly people who cared about their cars as much as I did. A lot of older couples (I'm only 21), and not that many kids. A few in rusted out P.O.S's but they were few and far between I'm glad to say. Amazing day, best car event that I've ever been too. I go to the NYIAS every year and this was 100000000000000 times better.
Old 08-17-2014, 02:46 AM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
It is! The Maple Grove Raceway location was so perfect, I hope they have it here again next year. It was my first time coming, and I will not miss this for the world. Easily around 3,000 registered mustangs... my girlfriend who HATES loud exhausts, going fast, etc. came with me and she had a blast, she was hopping in the Borla test cars for sound tests for me, pointing out what mods to get, and even at the end of the day pointing out Mach 1s to me. She had no idea what a Mach 1 was or even that there were different kinds of mustangs besides the 3.7, 5.0, and the old 64-69s when she got there. Awesome show that drew a really good crowd. By that I mean it was such nice, friendly people who cared about their cars as much as I did. A lot of older couples (I'm only 21), and not that many kids. A few in rusted out P.O.S's but they were few and far between I'm glad to say. Amazing day, best car event that I've ever been too. I go to the NYIAS every year and this was 100000000000000 times better.
I'm just about to turn 20 so it sounds like it would be a good trip for us. She likes learning about cars or at least does a good job of pretending to! Is it typically around the same time of year?

natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:55 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
This was my second year to go to this event and I'm amazed every time to see the amount of Mustangs that show up !!! I took my girlfriend with me this year and she had a blast I think she took more pics then me. I picked up a few things for the stang at the scratch and dent tent all in all just an all around awesome day can't wait for next years event

Pypes shorties, BBK catted X, Flowmaster Pro's, K&N CAI, FRPP- P springs, Steeda UCA, J&M Panhard bar, Hurst Comp plus, FR500 Wheels W/NITTO's , SCT SF3 W/BAMA 93 Race tune, Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, chin spoiler, Eleanor style grill, GT500 rear spoiler
stemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:15 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
I'm just about to turn 20 so it sounds like it would be a good trip for us. She likes learning about cars or at least does a good job of pretending to! Is it typically around the same time of year?

I was actually surprised at how good it was for the GF. We are from south shore Long Island, so the only car "meets/shows" are always ricer pieces of crap with dirtbags in a Home Depot parking lot blasting rap music. She was so impressed by the show AM put on, she said it was like a giant music festival for mustangs! It was a great day for us too, we got to walk around, check some great stuff out, and even meet some other couples who were there. We were also parked next to the funniest older couple and shunc01 and his wife, so we talked to them the whole time we were at our car. She also went from hating me spending money on my car to insisting I get Borla's, which is F'ing awesome lol. Great day for yourself and her guaranteed. I believe it is always around the same date, depending on what that Saturday in August is. 14th,15th, 16th etc. one of those

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 08-18-2014, 07:56 AM   #12
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Thanks for coming out guys!

Kona, always a pleasure! Thanks for tracking me down. It was great to chat with you for a few minutes! I already look forward to seeing you at #AM2015.

I got a chance to check out your car. Love the Raxiom headlights and DRL's!

Thank you for coming out and supporting a great charity. This years show was absolutely incredible!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:01 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
Thanks for coming out guys!

Kona, always a pleasure! Thanks for tracking me down. It was great to chat with you for a few minutes! I already look forward to seeing you at #AM2015.

I got a chance to check out your car. Love the Raxiom headlights and DRL's!

Thank you for coming out and supporting a great charity. This years show was absolutely incredible!

-Dan
Dan, The show was great, great to chat with you briefly. Can't wait for the 2015 AM show. Thanks for the kind words about my pony. It fails in comparison to your beautiful beast but mine does look clean and nice. Lol. Great, great, great time at the show.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:11 PM   #14
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Dan, The show was great, great to chat with you briefly. Can't wait for the 2015 AM show. Thanks for the kind words about my pony. It fails in comparison to your beautiful beast but mine does look clean and nice. Lol. Great, great, great time at the show.
Ahh.. don't say that! Every Mustang is different and great in it's own way. I love what you've done with your V6.

#AM2015 is already on our minds. I love it! Can't wait until next year as well. Cya then!

-Dan
Old 08-19-2014, 02:19 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Is AM2015 going to be at the same place?
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:29 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I hope so. It was an amazing location. Had the time of my life, and the track being there made it so cool. It will be a yearly trip for us after experiencing it for the first time this year. 11/10.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:32 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I hope so. It was an amazing location. Had the time of my life, and the track being there made it so cool. It will be a yearly trip for us after experiencing it for the first time this year. 11/10.
Yeah. I'm already planning for it next year. I'm guessing it's going to be august 15th next year. That's the 3rd Saturday in august 2015.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:35 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah. I'm already planning for it next year. I'm guessing it's going to be august 15th next year. That's the 3rd Saturday in august 2015.
You are probably right that's when it will be. We will definitely try to get all the ME guys together and park together, it was awesome that we did this year, the more the merrier next year!
Old 08-19-2014, 03:04 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah. Unless something big happens. I should be coming. May have a friend riding with me, or, he might have his own Mustang by then. He's looking for an 05 - current with an auto for 10K. Preferably a GT.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:49 AM   #20
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Quote:
Glad to hear you guys will all be back next year! We do plan to have the show at Maple Grove again next year. We'll announce location and date once everything is planned out. The show usually is the 3rd Saturday in August but we'll see!

Thanks for coming out again guys!

-Dan
Old 08-22-2014, 12:36 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
Glad to hear you guys will all be back next year! We do plan to have the show at Maple Grove again next year. We'll announce location and date once everything is planned out. The show usually is the 3rd Saturday in August but we'll see!

Thanks for coming out again guys!

-Dan
any chance it is going to be a 2 day event next year? I was in that foose line rom 10-2 and almost missed walking around nd seeing the other stangs. a 2 day event would open the door for more activities as well...just a thought

more to come...
RubyRed14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:12 AM   #22
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:14 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

he does great work...love his videos

more to come...
RubyRed14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:20 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyRed14GT View Post
any chance it is going to be a 2 day event next year? I was in that foose line rom 10-2 and almost missed walking around nd seeing the other stangs. a 2 day event would open the door for more activities as well...just a thought
I thought the very same thing. Should be a 2 day event. The show is just that big now and to much to see in just 1 day.

Old 08-22-2014, 09:51 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

I too was at the show with my wife. It was awesome! That video posted above is really good! Thanks for doing that and sharing the experience all over again!

2008 Roush 427R
2014 V6 Prem
rmb427r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:36 PM   #26
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Sorry about the meet up

How in the world would I have known that every club in America was gonna be meeting at that Holiday inn??? I did get a small group and we did drive in and park together. This show was huge and really great.
My dog "MARIO" had a good time being what ArtU called my Chick Magnet.
Here are a couple of videos showing only some of the Mustangs there.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:10 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

I heard American muscle was raffling out air lift performance kits at the show. Anyone know if that's true?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
TheAdrianHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:18 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAdrianHand View Post
I heard American muscle was raffling out air lift performance kits at the show. Anyone know if that's true?

Its true. They raffled off a number of different things. I think there was like 15-20 raffles they did all of quality parts. Only downside was certain parts were only for certains years so if you wanted Koni shocks/struts they were only for 05-10 and so on. But all in all a great deal any way you look at it considering the actual chances of winning compared to most things like the lottery..!
Old 08-25-2014, 11:54 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

That's rough... I paid for a kit on july 11th and have been calling them only for them to tell me they don't have them in stock. Kinda disappointed that they're giving them away to people and when I call they tell me they don't have any and don't know when they will. Congrats to those who won a set though.

TheAdrianHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:27 AM   #30
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyRed14GT View Post
I can't make any promises and or confirm that we'll have a 2-day event in the future. However, I do agree that the show is rapidly growing and there is so much going on for just a one day show!

Thanks for your suggestion. We appreciate that!

-Dan

Quote:
Quote:
That's rough... I paid for a kit on july 11th and have been calling them only for them to tell me they don't have them in stock. Kinda disappointed that they're giving them away to people and when I call they tell me they don't have any and don't know when they will. Congrats to those who won a set though.
Yes. We did raffle off an Airlift kit at the show. However, this kit didn't come out of our inventory. This was sent over directly from Airlift for the show. We should have solid inventory on these kits soon! I would recommend throwing yourself on the "Notify me when back in stock list" on the product page. This way you'll be notified the second we get them back in stock!

Hope this helps clear things up!

-Dan

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle