When we heard that the guys over at Bama Performance were able to take our 2015 Mustang GT down Maryland International Raceway and post an 11.2 at 121MPH Pass we were pretty thrilled but we wanted to see just how much faster we could go! In the process we unfortunately found the weakest link on our 2015 which turned out to be the factory half shafts below!
After sourcing a lightweight carbon fiber driver shaft and half shafts from the Drive Shaft Shop we headed back and decided why not take things up a notch and throw a 150 shot of nitrous through her! What transpired was a 10.419 pass at 129MPH!
If anyone was wondering here's the modifications on the car at this time!
1. Custom Exhaust System – Custom 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers – O/R X Pipe – Race Bullet Mufflers
2. JLT Cold Air Intake (Stock Intake Manifold)
3. Suspension Upgrades – Custom Fabricated Suspension Parts (details coming soon) – Stock Half Shafts – Stock Bushings
4. Minor Weight Reduction – Removed Passenger Seat And Rear Seat – Race Weight: 3,650 With Half Tank Of Fuel And Driver
5. Slicks and Skinnies – 17" Weld RTS With Mickey Thompson Front Runners – Hoosier Drag Slicks
6. Bama Performance 93 Track Tune
Stay Tuned and make sure to keep it right here at AmericanMuscle!
That is a damn good sounding car. Looks good too. I'm sold
Nate-I couldn't agree with you more! This car is definitely easy on the ears if you know what I mean. Definitely doesn't look bad in person as well! I'll be sure to keep the thread updated or have a new one made when we hear what's next!
Trevor-I totally agree with you on this but we're not going to push back from the table just yet! We're really excited to continue pushing this car and I think there's definitely some lower times in her future! I'll be sure to keep everyone updated!