A few stick-on bits... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 11-16-2014, 10:11 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
A few stick-on bits...

I'm amazed at how indecisive I am about things. Think I'll roll with this for a while and see if it grows on me.

Hiccup with the side scoops, hope to have them added soon!

WordySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2014, 09:04 AM   #2
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordySanchez View Post
I'm amazed at how indecisive I am about things. Think I'll roll with this for a while and see if it grows on me.

Hiccup with the side scoops, hope to have them added soon!

Wordy-It's one of the worst things about being employed here! I go back and forth every other day on my cars look! I'm digging it right now though! It's got a real angry storm trooper look to it. Check your PM's as well and we'll get your side scoops replaced immediately!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 09:51 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Wordy-It's one of the worst things about being employed here! I go back and forth every other day on my cars look! I'm digging it right now though! It's got a real angry storm trooper look to it. Check your PM's as well and we'll get your side scoops replaced immediately!

Alex
Ha! I'll take Angry Storm Trooper!

The V6 front end just looks so damn... friendly. Esp the Pony Package.

Have a GT front clip sitting back against that wall you can't see. Can't wait to swap that on with a blacked out grill and see if I can't make her look a little meaner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2014, 01:12 PM   #4
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Ha! I'll take Angry Storm Trooper!

The V6 front end just looks so damn... friendly. Esp the Pony Package.

Have a GT front clip sitting back against that wall you can't see. Can't wait to swap that on with a blacked out grill and see if I can't make her look a little meaner.
I'm very soft on white mustangs! You just don't see them that often! I love where you're taking yours. What's next on your build anyhow?

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 11-17-2014, 09:34 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
I'm very soft on white mustangs! You just don't see them that often! I love where you're taking yours. What's next on your build anyhow?

Alex
Thanks! It was this or Grabber Blue and I got a screaming deal on this one so...

I struggled with grabber blue stripes or going with the B&W, but I'm committed now

What's next? You're forcing me to break out the spreadsheet now!

In terms of timeframe...

Side scoops.

I have an extra spoiler with camera that I want to plastidip matte black to match the top, hopefully that'll look right.

Since I can't find pre-painted rockers I'll prob pull mine and send them to my buddy's shop for painting. I'll get the rear bumper spats you guys sell at the same time and have all those pieces painted at once.

While that's happening I'll prob swap the front end. GT bumper cover and lower valence. Raxiom black halos (got them the day they hit your site) with the HIDs from StangMods, Saleen grille, and LED DRLs (will wire in the halos with these). Have to figure out how I'm going to mount the front plate without ruining the front bumper. Also going to install parking sensors into the front when I'm doing that job. Haven't figured out how I'm going to integrate that into the interior to make it look as OEM as possible. Might have to mold or 3D print a new dome light cover big enough to accommodate the parking sensor display.

Have some hash stripes for the fenders, and the smaller hood strips that I'll test fit to see if I like. That should spice up the hood some. If that doesn't do the trick I may order some of the GT vents and cut/flange the hood for them. Do you guys offer anything that gives the flavour of the GT500 heat extractor? My hood is shaped all wrong for it, but I'm in love...

I'm test fitting my CCWs from my RX7 to see if the offset will work. If not, I'm eyeballing the GT500 wheels and thinking about powdercoating them bronze. Hoping to get a 295 under the rear if possible as that's what I'm running on those CCWs.

Way down on the priority list is 13-14 lights and rear bumper conversion. WHen I do that I'll add parking sensors to the rear valence as well.

I just discovered how to swap on heated mirrors with the pony lights, so now that's on the list, if a little lower.

More immediately I'll try swapping in the OEM nav as I have most of the pieces. Just need some harnesses and such. That will cause me to need to upgrade the stereo as it'll require an AMP and once you're into it, you might as well do it all.

Oh, one thing that'll happen sooner than most of the others is the one-touch turn-signal mod. Got very used to those driving European cars.

There are some interior dress up items by a company called Redline that I like. I still need a good clean shifter knob though... I like the racing strips and clean round ball, but I hate that all the ones on the AM site seem to have stuff engraved into the side. I continue to watch that section for new additions.

There are some other smaller things I'm interested in tinkering with. I know a guy that managed to create a touch sensitive switch that he placed behind his dash bezel to operate his garage door. I'd like to see if I can do something similar and place it behind one of my button blanks. Maybe a similar switch to operate the DRLs, but that's all speculation until I see what the backside of that button console looks like.

Under the hood I'll be looking for a solid CAI, BBK shorties and Borla Tourings with a tune. Getting some feedback on whether high flow cats or cat deletes are worth the trouble and if so what that'll do to the exhaust tone.

Add 3.55s and and either an Eibach or Ford Racing suspension package and she should be ready for the road course up here at Pacific Raceways in the Seattle area once it dries up in July.

Oh, I'll matte out the faux gas cap and might try matting out the smoked deck lid cover to match and see what it looks like. Also ordered some Plastidip in "smoke" and have some lexan I want to test it on to see what kind of matte smoke effect I can achieve for my taillights. The tint is really terrific, but it may look weird being all glossy smoked if I've made everything else matte. Be worth experimenting with.

I guess that's it at this point.

The car is basically a focus point for my tinkering obsession. I'll have to resist the urge to change things around too often.

That's probably more than you were actually asking for
Old 11-18-2014, 12:57 PM   #6
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks! It was this or Grabber Blue and I got a screaming deal on this one so...

I struggled with grabber blue stripes or going with the B&W, but I'm committed now

What's next? You're forcing me to break out the spreadsheet now!

In terms of timeframe...

Side scoops.

I have an extra spoiler with camera that I want to plastidip matte black to match the top, hopefully that'll look right.

Since I can't find pre-painted rockers I'll prob pull mine and send them to my buddy's shop for painting. I'll get the rear bumper spats you guys sell at the same time and have all those pieces painted at once.

While that's happening I'll prob swap the front end. GT bumper cover and lower valence. Raxiom black halos (got them the day they hit your site) with the HIDs from StangMods, Saleen grille, and LED DRLs (will wire in the halos with these). Have to figure out how I'm going to mount the front plate without ruining the front bumper. Also going to install parking sensors into the front when I'm doing that job. Haven't figured out how I'm going to integrate that into the interior to make it look as OEM as possible. Might have to mold or 3D print a new dome light cover big enough to accommodate the parking sensor display.

Have some hash stripes for the fenders, and the smaller hood strips that I'll test fit to see if I like. That should spice up the hood some. If that doesn't do the trick I may order some of the GT vents and cut/flange the hood for them. Do you guys offer anything that gives the flavour of the GT500 heat extractor? My hood is shaped all wrong for it, but I'm in love...

I'm test fitting my CCWs from my RX7 to see if the offset will work. If not, I'm eyeballing the GT500 wheels and thinking about powdercoating them bronze. Hoping to get a 295 under the rear if possible as that's what I'm running on those CCWs.

Way down on the priority list is 13-14 lights and rear bumper conversion. WHen I do that I'll add parking sensors to the rear valence as well.

I just discovered how to swap on heated mirrors with the pony lights, so now that's on the list, if a little lower.

More immediately I'll try swapping in the OEM nav as I have most of the pieces. Just need some harnesses and such. That will cause me to need to upgrade the stereo as it'll require an AMP and once you're into it, you might as well do it all.

Oh, one thing that'll happen sooner than most of the others is the one-touch turn-signal mod. Got very used to those driving European cars.

There are some interior dress up items by a company called Redline that I like. I still need a good clean shifter knob though... I like the racing strips and clean round ball, but I hate that all the ones on the AM site seem to have stuff engraved into the side. I continue to watch that section for new additions.

There are some other smaller things I'm interested in tinkering with. I know a guy that managed to create a touch sensitive switch that he placed behind his dash bezel to operate his garage door. I'd like to see if I can do something similar and place it behind one of my button blanks. Maybe a similar switch to operate the DRLs, but that's all speculation until I see what the backside of that button console looks like.

Under the hood I'll be looking for a solid CAI, BBK shorties and Borla Tourings with a tune. Getting some feedback on whether high flow cats or cat deletes are worth the trouble and if so what that'll do to the exhaust tone.

Add 3.55s and and either an Eibach or Ford Racing suspension package and she should be ready for the road course up here at Pacific Raceways in the Seattle area once it dries up in July.

Oh, I'll matte out the faux gas cap and might try matting out the smoked deck lid cover to match and see what it looks like. Also ordered some Plastidip in "smoke" and have some lexan I want to test it on to see what kind of matte smoke effect I can achieve for my taillights. The tint is really terrific, but it may look weird being all glossy smoked if I've made everything else matte. Be worth experimenting with.

I guess that's it at this point.

The car is basically a focus point for my tinkering obsession. I'll have to resist the urge to change things around too often.

That's probably more than you were actually asking for
Hey just to throw you an update I inspected, packed, and shipped your replacement scoops-You're good to go!

I'll check that one of the spreadsheet and you should have tracking early this afternoon!

I'm definitely game on the spoiler! Again-It's definitely a storm trooper theme, I love it! I haven't seen too many cars with paint matched rockers but I think they're awesome. It's just not something you see every day and to make this car that much more your own makes it just that much cooler.

There's a slew of parts and projects you're working on here! If there's something I can do to help let me know!

On the hood that's really a tough one and I'm not sure if we have anything that's going to be close to the Heat Extractor style. Sorry I was little help on that one.

As per the CCW's and the Rx7 I'd love to get a look! PM me a shot of her! I don't think a 295 would pose any issue what so ever on the GT500 Wheels and I think bronze would look sick! It would be a first...(And not a bad idea as well )

I'm hit or miss on the rear conversion-While I think they're good looking (Don't get me wrong) I think a set ofRaxiom Smoked Aero Tailslook better as well as not costing literally an arm and a leg! The mirror swap along with the one touch turn signal is something I would definitely want on the car as well. It's all in the details right!

If you're seeing something that redline has specifically that you think we should be carrying let me know! I'm happy to have it brought over to our New Parts Team! We definitely have a few more Shift Knobs in the works as we speak though!

I sent you a quote for the BBK's and Borlas as well (Let me know if you have any questions and hang onto it for a rainy day!)

The touch sensitive switch sounds pretty trick as well and I've never heard of this! Let us know if you tackle it in the future!

As per the tune with the parts it's been widely discussed and I'll put another nail in the coffin on this that BBK does not advise their short headers need a tune, nor will require one!

I think the Ford Racing Suspension Kit is definitely where it's at too! Ford did a great job with the OEM suspension but they left a lot of room on the table for improvement as they needed to have this car be comfortable for an 18 year old or a 75 year old! With the Tower Brace, front and rear sways, struts, shocks, and springs all working together it's going to give the car a nice slap to the face! It will make it handle that much better as well as make you that much more confident running it through its paces!

Let me know if you have any other questions and if I've missed anything!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 11-19-2014, 10:13 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks ALex! I'll post up pics when I get the scoops on. I'll be out of town when they come in. Hopefully I can get the spoiler done at the same time.

I'm going to get the front end and hash stripes on and see if I still feel like the hood needs any work. I just like the narrow horizontal profile of the lights on the 13-14s. I doubt I'll find a set of lights cheaply enough to justify the swap honestly. THe bumper is the cheap/easy part of that business.

https://www.redlinegoods.com/Mustang10shiftboot.php

That's the Redline site... the site really could use some work, but he makes a nice looking shifter, ebrake boot and steering wheel cover. I like the door panel inserts as well. As far as the shift knob, I love the striped ones, but would prefer it not have anything else etched on it, but haven't found anything like that yet.

I feel like the CAI, shorties and Borlas with the aluminum driveshaft 355s and a tune would give me all the extra power that I really need and all for a pretty reasonable price. I know you don't necessarily NEED a tune, but feel like getting one might really maximize the conservative power mods to get the most out of them.

Thanks again!
Old 11-20-2014, 03:58 PM   #8
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks ALex! I'll post up pics when I get the scoops on. I'll be out of town when they come in. Hopefully I can get the spoiler done at the same time.

I'm going to get the front end and hash stripes on and see if I still feel like the hood needs any work. I just like the narrow horizontal profile of the lights on the 13-14s. I doubt I'll find a set of lights cheaply enough to justify the swap honestly. THe bumper is the cheap/easy part of that business.

https://www.redlinegoods.com/Mustang10shiftboot.php

That's the Redline site... the site really could use some work, but he makes a nice looking shifter, ebrake boot and steering wheel cover. I like the door panel inserts as well. As far as the shift knob, I love the striped ones, but would prefer it not have anything else etched on it, but haven't found anything like that yet.

I feel like the CAI, shorties and Borlas with the aluminum driveshaft 355s and a tune would give me all the extra power that I really need and all for a pretty reasonable price. I know you don't necessarily NEED a tune, but feel like getting one might really maximize the conservative power mods to get the most out of them.

Thanks again!
Anytime and sounds good! Let me know how you make out. If anything I might take a look on eBay or use that discount code I gave you for them! I know they're steep but if you're seeing them elsewhere as well shoot us a call and we'll price match them for you!

I'm digging the redline parts there and I'll definitely make sure to have this sent over to the right team. I know we're carrying a few of their parts as we speak!

I hear you on the cai and headers-If you want to get a datalog set up I'm sure the guys at Bama can have you set up. Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime and I'm here to help!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle