RTR Items - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 02-12-2015, 07:32 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
RTR Items

So it seems there is still an issue with items from RTR, specifically the spoiler, decklid, and some of the 2010-2012 items like the rear valance.

They have been listed as out of stock for months. I keep getting emails from the notification tool with an estimated time of "unknown" which is.....unhelpful.

If these items have been discontinued or there is an issue sourcing them, it'd make sense to take down the listings.

Any word from you AM folks?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2015, 10:18 AM   #2
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
So it seems there is still an issue with items from RTR, specifically the spoiler, decklid, and some of the 2010-2012 items like the rear valance.

They have been listed as out of stock for months. I keep getting emails from the notification tool with an estimated time of "unknown" which is.....unhelpful.

If these items have been discontinued or there is an issue sourcing them, it'd make sense to take down the listings.

Any word from you AM folks?

Hey Joey,

Sorry about the delay and inconvenience here! I know that they've been having some quality control issues recently and they needed to have some of their parts slightly redesigned. I'll shoot their team a call right now to see when we can expect to see them back on out shelves but they're definitely not getting disconnected or going anywhere!

As soon as I hear what we're looking at ETA wise on the aforementioned parts I'll reply to your thread. Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 11:30 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Alex, much appreciated. A lot of cool parts I'd like to get but I can't exactly get them if they aren't available lol

2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2015, 11:47 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Thanks Alex, much appreciated. A lot of cool parts I'd like to get but I can't exactly get them if they aren't available lol

Trust me this is probably a good thing. I got the RTR decklid and quality was definitely an issue. I will say though they were great about customer service and taking care of it all for me. it does look great on the car lol. The license surround went on easy and looks great
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 01:25 PM   #5
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Joey

Anytime and I know how you mean! It's like...it's advertised but it's not available!? What gives ?!

I spoke with my contact on their end and I unfortunately was not provided soft/hard estimated time of arrival dates on the aforementioned parts. We've all seen threads from last summer/late last year about some of the quality control issues and RTR is working as quickly as possible to have their parts overhauled and have the issues corrected. Sorry I wasn't much help on this but we're getting close !

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
Trust me this is probably a good thing. I got the RTR decklid and quality was definitely an issue. I will say though they were great about customer service and taking care of it all for me. it does look great on the car lol. The license surround went on easy and looks great
Sorry to hear about the trouble again Naples, I recall that you may have been working with Jesse from RTR. He's a great guy to deal with and I've known him for a couple years now. He's a car guy through and through and never wants to hear about his customers having trouble with their parts just as we do!

If anyone has any other questions feel free to let me know, I'm always around to help!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-27-2015, 10:19 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Anxiously waiting for the RTR Spoiler..can't wait for it to go on sale again.
MP0986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 08:52 PM   #7
Road Trip!

Region: Arizona
i was searching for the RTR stripes but i could not find them anywhere
do you know where can i find them?
mgahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 09:02 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Ford Mustang RTR Style Side Stripes 2013 2014 2010 2011 2012 Graphics Pro Motor | eBay

Ford Mustang RTR Style Hood Stripe 2013 2014 Sport Graphics Decals Pro Motor | eBay

that's where I got mine.

DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:53 AM   #9
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0986 View Post
Anxiously waiting for the RTR Spoiler..can't wait for it to go on sale again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgahmed View Post
i was searching for the RTR stripes but i could not find them anywhere
do you know where can i find them?
Sorry about the delay guys! We're working with RTR to get their parts back onto our shelves as quickly as possible and I apologize about the inconvenience!

Please don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything else I can help out with or if anyone has over 50 posts and needs our discount code shoot me a message and I'll get you set up!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 03-17-2015, 09:03 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I can't wait to get my hands on one of the RTR decklids and you guys keep messing with my emotions!

I too keep getting emails from AM on the notification only to find the ETA is unknown.
k1DBLITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 11:23 PM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1DBLITZ View Post
I can't wait to get my hands on one of the RTR decklids and you guys keep messing with my emotions!

I too keep getting emails from AM on the notification only to find the ETA is unknown.

Lol same here. Get use to that. I don't even want it anymore. I wish I could get those emails to stop.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 11:28 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Lol same here. Get use to that. I don't even want it anymore. I wish I could get those emails to stop.
Yeah, I want the RTR appearance parts, but now... other things have taken priority. Partially because RTR parts are d*mn near impossible to get right now.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 11:39 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Yeah, I want the RTR appearance parts, but now... other things have taken priority. Partially because RTR parts are d*mn near impossible to get right now.

I just can't sit around waiting so I'm making my own with an extra deck lid cover I have that is all scratched up anyway. I'm going to cut the hump out and fill it with some secret body shop plastic epoxy I have from the old days. Then sand and paint. I really don't have anything to lose since the part is trash if I didn't make a project out of it anyway.

I also ordered a faux gas cap emblem from billetbadges.com, but it takes 4-10 weeks as they CNC cut them custom one offs out of aluminum. I will change them out like jewelry. Lol
Old 03-17-2015, 11:40 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, for now, a new Hood (probably the Cervini Stalker, I wish they offered a Mach 1 style hood like they do with the 11-12) SHR flush mounted quarter window louvers, and suspension have taken priority over RTR appearance parts.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:08 AM   #15
Site Sponsor

Hey Guys,

I'm sorry about the delay on RTR's end! They're trying to get their parts to us as quickly as possible and as soon as we have inventory I'll make sure to throw up a post to let everyone know! If anyone has any questions about RTR Parts in the meantime don't hesitate to let me know and I'm here to help any way I can!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 03-18-2015, 03:49 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Speaking of! Just received this email:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rtr.GIF
Views:	112
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	177827  
Old 03-18-2015, 03:53 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

That's so wrong...
Old 03-19-2015, 07:03 AM   #18
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Speaking of! Just received this email:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
That's so wrong...

Hey Guys,

I apologize about the delay again but we're working with RTR to get their parts out as fast as humanly possible. In the event that you would like to be removed from the emails you can select the link to do so and I'm happy to keep you updated every step of the way. Don't hesitate to let me know and if anyone has a question about their specific order shoot me a PM so I can take a closer look for you. If there is absolutely anything I can do to help make the wait a little easier let me know! You guys have seen me around here and you definitely know that when I have parts on back order I'm signing the same tune!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 03-25-2015, 03:16 PM   #19
Registered Member

Regular

Lol...

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1427314569.870336.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	178368

Notgonna notgonna ever be back in stock.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:58 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

I'll sell someone mine for $450!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:00 PM   #21
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
I'll sell someone mine for $450!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

I bet you will!
Old 03-26-2015, 07:37 AM   #22
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Lol...

Attachment 178368

Notgonna notgonna ever be back in stock.

Sorry about that Ox - I swear that was sent out coincidentally! RTR had some production issues and until they're able to have them sorted they're not going to have their parts released! Believe me we're working with them to get their parts on our shelves as fast as humanly possible! I've been eyeing up some parts as well and I'm in the same boat! If there's absolutely anything I can do on my end to make the wait easier don't hesitate to let me know!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 04-04-2015, 03:54 PM   #23
Registered Member

Regular

Welp looks like even AM gave up on RTR

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1428180848.119800.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	179078
Old 04-04-2015, 09:10 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Damnit
SK GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:05 AM   #25
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Welp looks like even AM gave up on RTR

Attachment 179078
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK GT View Post
Damnit

Hey oxford5pointoh,

I mean, how could we just give up on RTR? Have you seen what they’re up to this year with their 2015? They’ve got a ton of sick new products for 2005-2014 and 2015-2016 coming that we’ve been able to go behind the scenes during their testing and it’s killer stuff!

That being said, we are definitely working closely with them to figure out when the decklid panels are coming back. The decklid seems to be the only RTR product that people are having issues with. I’ve only seen great feedback on the rest of the RTR product line. I’m sure the decklid panel will get reworked and be back in the future. Once we’re notified what’s going on with them, we’ll let everyone know.

In the meantime, we’re also doing everything we can to fix this for our customers. If you purchased an RTR decklid panel from AM and you’re having issues with it – shoot me a PM! We’ll offer you a full refund or pay to have it repainted/refinished. We stand behind the products we sell and will make it right for our customers, no matter what it is. If anyone has any questions, please don’t hesitate to let me know. I’m here to help!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 04-06-2015, 06:50 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

I like there rims but American muscle never seems to place any items on a kona blue mustang in the ads. Please change that.

buddyrich14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:50 AM   #27
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyrich14 View Post
I like there rims but American muscle never seems to place any items on a kona blue mustang in the ads. Please change that.
Hey Buddy - We have a few Kona's on site here on our customer service team but if you're ever looking at a set of wheels and you're interested on how they would look on your car take a look at the customer submitted images: On the Charcoal AMR's for example check this out!

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'm here to help!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 04-07-2015, 07:55 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Thank u alex. I will check it out.

buddyrich14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:14 AM   #29
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyrich14 View Post
Thank u alex. I will check it out.
Anytime buddyrich14! Let me know if there's anything else I can lend a hand with!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 04-08-2015, 11:27 AM   #30

Region: Michigan
All RTR Decklid panel customers,

We are aware that some of you are experiencing issues with your RTR Decklid panel paint. We have learned that our supplier did not prep some of these panels properly during manufacturing, thus causing paint to chip and expose the steel, therefore causing surface rust to start.

If you are experiencing an issue, we want to remedy the problem for you. If you purchased your part from American Muscle, please contact them for warranty support at support@americanmuscle.com. They will get you handled directly. If you purchased from RTR directly or any other distributor, please email photos of your decklid, along with date of purchase me, jess@mustangrtr.com. I will respond to you ASAP and let you know a couple of options in which we can fix the problem for you.

For anyone looking to buy a new one, due to being unable to find a new supplier that can execute production in the manner we expect we have decided to not make any more of these stamped panels. We have decided to remanufacture the part in plastic with the same design and overall look. We are estimating this process to take 4-6 months.

We sincerely apologize for any headaches that this may cause you. As a company that prides itself on supplying our customers and fellow enthusiasts with quality parts, this issue is unacceptable. Please accept our apologies and allow us to fix this unfortunate problem.

Thank you
Jess Albright
Jess Albright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 12:37 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

This is great news!

I've been waiting 6+ months for these bad boys to be in stock. I suppose I can practice some patience and wait another 6 months.

You had me on the edge of my seat when I read:

Quote:
"For anyone looking to buy a new one, due to being unable to find a new supplier that can execute production in the manner we expect we have decided to not make any more of these stamped panels."

But then.....

Quote:
We have decided to remanufacture the part in plastic with the same design and overall look.
REJOICE!
Old 04-08-2015, 01:26 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
This is great news!

I've been waiting 6+ months for these bad boys to be in stock. I suppose I can practice some patience and wait another 6 months.

You had me on the edge of my seat when I read:

But then.....

REJOICE!
Same here! I was like, NOOOOO!!!!

Then I read the rest and got happier!!! RTR, choose your wording carefully, don't screw with our emotions like that!!!
Old 04-08-2015, 04:54 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Well thats good news atleast. I'm just waiting for when the aluminum spoiler will be back in stock because I think about it every single day of my life haha

Its a great reassurance that RTR is committed to delivering a quality product.
Strata197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 08:20 AM   #34
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Albright View Post
All RTR Decklid panel customers,

We are aware that some of you are experiencing issues with your RTR Decklid panel paint. We have learned that our supplier did not prep some of these panels properly during manufacturing, thus causing paint to chip and expose the steel, therefore causing surface rust to start.

If you are experiencing an issue, we want to remedy the problem for you. If you purchased your part from American Muscle, please contact them for warranty support at support@americanmuscle.com. They will get you handled directly. If you purchased from RTR directly or any other distributor, please email photos of your decklid, along with date of purchase me, jess@mustangrtr.com. I will respond to you ASAP and let you know a couple of options in which we can fix the problem for you.

For anyone looking to buy a new one, due to being unable to find a new supplier that can execute production in the manner we expect we have decided to not make any more of these stamped panels. We have decided to remanufacture the part in plastic with the same design and overall look. We are estimating this process to take 4-6 months.

We sincerely apologize for any headaches that this may cause you. As a company that prides itself on supplying our customers and fellow enthusiasts with quality parts, this issue is unacceptable. Please accept our apologies and allow us to fix this unfortunate problem.

Thank you
Jess Albright

Jess - Thanks for taking the time to drop by again and for your and RTR's continued support.

Just to add here if anyone's experiencing any issues what so ever please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM and I'll work with your personally to get you help.

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 04-28-2015, 03:16 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Got the email that says the RTR aluminum spoiler is discontinued :/ heartbreaking
Strata197 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle