New Bama V2 Tunes - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 02-23-2015, 06:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
New Bama V2 Tunes

So I tried Bama’s newly released V2 (performance and race) tunes this weekend. Note that I’ve got aftermarket camshafts and did not do any prior datalogging sessions with the tunes tested.

They are completely different tunes compared to their original tunes. Throttle response, automatic shifting, and drivability are all solid (idle lope was decent too). Even the fuel trims were the closest I’ve ever had in a tune without any datalogging. However, I was not impressed with their race tune. It was too similar to their performance tune and not very race-inspired.

In a brief comparison, their original tunes were a complete mess for me.

Overall, they seem to be great entry-level tunes. They are definitely on the conservative side, as my cruising tune from MPT pulls harder than both of Bama’s new tunes. I wanted to datalog these tunes and post them here for experienced members to analyze, but MPT sent me a new badass tune today so that won't be happening, haha.

Paul Meister you get a thumbs up.
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2015, 03:27 PM   #2
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
So I tried Bama’s newly released V2 (performance and race) tunes this weekend. Note that I’ve got aftermarket camshafts and did not do any prior datalogging sessions with the tunes tested.

They are completely different tunes compared to their original tunes. Throttle response, automatic shifting, and drivability are all solid (idle lope was decent too). Even the fuel trims were the closest I’ve ever had in a tune without any datalogging. However, I was not impressed with their race tune. It was too similar to their performance tune and not very race-inspired
Paul Meister you get a thumbs up.
Hey 2 Stangz - Thanks for taking the time to post this up! I'm really happy to hear that you're enjoying your V2's so much but right out of the gate I'd love for you to get the Bama Team a datalog! You're the first person that I've heard say that their Race Tune is too watered down or conservative.

It's exactly quite the opposite from what we've been hearing! I'd love for the Bama Crew to take a look at a few of your logs and then get you a revision as I'm confident we can have them get you a tune that pins you back in the seat! Either shoot me a PM with your contact info and I can put one of the Bama Guys in touch with you or can call, or reply to one of your tickets and we'll get you set up. Don't give up on them just yet!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 04:09 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Alex, great to see you guys helping out! I hope everybody appreciates the help.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2015, 10:20 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Hey 2 Stangz - Thanks for taking the time to post this up! I'm really happy to hear that you're enjoying your V2's so much but right out of the gate I'd love for you to get the Bama Team a datalog! You're the first person that I've heard say that their Race Tune is too watered down or conservative.

It's exactly quite the opposite from what we've been hearing! I'd love for the Bama Crew to take a look at a few of your logs and then get you a revision as I'm confident we can have them get you a tune that pins you back in the seat! Either shoot me a PM with your contact info and I can put one of the Bama Guys in touch with you or can call, or reply to one of your tickets and we'll get you set up. Don't give up on them just yet!

Alex
I am seriously going to hold you to that Alex. When I have some more time I'd like to see what kind of tuning experience Bama can truly offer for me.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:05 AM   #5
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
Alex, great to see you guys helping out! I hope everybody appreciates the help.
Ubnbit - I'm always here to help out no matter what and I just want to make sure that our customers along with Bama's are in great shape. Having worked with them for well over 4 years I want both of our customers to see just how much of an improvement is possible with a Bama Tune!

Quote:
I am seriously going to hold you to that Alex. When I have some more time I'd like to see what kind of tuning experience Bama can truly offer for me.
2 Stangz - The Bama Team will be waiting for you! When you're ready shoot them a call so they can get to work on this for you. I can't stress enough how blown away you're going to be if you give them some time to log what you're working with!

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime and I'm here to help!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-25-2015, 11:12 AM   #6

Region: Other
Hi I from chile my english is not very well, I have a sct tuner x4 (mustang 96 - all), the tuner is fantastic the engine prloaded tuunes work great but the custon tunes work very bad, the car have less power wiht the preloaded tunes, my my question is because I just bought a new device sf4 (mustang gt 11-14 and boss) with new tunes version 2, my question is if I proffers select preloaded tunes for example:

Fuel octane 87 v2, v2 91 and 93 v2
headers
Intake
Throttle body
Axel ratio
Etc ....

I had to buy another device sf4 to get the version 2 as the custom tunes never works fine on my car but the preloaded run awesome.

BYE
Tulio Mera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:50 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
What exactly can be seen in the datalog?
2014SGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:59 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014SGM View Post
There are many variables, but essentially, what the tune is demanding at a certain interval or input, and the efficiency and safety of the tune.
Old 02-26-2015, 01:19 PM   #9
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014SGM View Post
That's a great question and it's when we and the Bama Team get to see all sorts of fun stuff like this!

But in all seriousness it's essentially for the Bama Tuning Team to further dial a tune in ; When they'll ask a customer to submit a datalog they'll walk them through exactly what's need. For example here's a few parameters that the'll as for the 11-14's:

Intake Air Temperature
Intake Air Temp2 F (only available for GT500)
Engine Coolant Temperature
FUEL
Measured AFR Bank 1
Measured AFR Bank 2
Labmse bank 1
Labmse bank 2
Long term fuel trim bank 1
Long term fuel trim bank 2
Short term fuel trim bank 1
Short term fuel trim bank 2
MAF
MAF Frequency
MAF Flow Rate lb/min (#/min)
MISCELLANEOUS
RPM
Load
Torque Source
Vehicle Speed
SPARK
Spark Advance V2
Knock Sensor
Variable Cam (does not apply to GT500)
Variable Valve Timing Exhaust Bank 1 Actual
Variable Valve Timing Intake Bank 1 Actual
Transmission (only applies to AT equipped vehicles)
Gear Commanded
Torque
Line Pressure KPA
Torque Converter Slip
Torque Converter Clutch Commanded
THROTTLE
Throttle Angle Actual
Throttle Angle Desired

Obtaining the information from what's being shown here lets them know what can be improved on - but they'll typically have you run a few tests, idle, cruise, step test, Wide open throttle - Pretty cool right?!

Quote:
There are many variables, but essentially, what the tune is demanding at a certain interval or input, and the efficiency and safety of the tune.
I couldn't have said it better myself! Thanks 2Stangz!

let me know if anyone has any other questions at all and I'm here to help!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-26-2015, 03:34 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

I'm about to add my FRPP big oval throttle body. After that, I am seriously considering data logging. My next few parts won't require a tune and I already requested the one for my new tb. Once I get it on (when the 3 feet of snow melts) I'll holler at you Alex. All your help is appreciated. Thank you.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:36 PM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

One more question, maybe I missed it but are all tunes from Bama now called V2? People who have been long time users of Bama tunes, do they have to do anything to get V2 tunes?
Old 02-26-2015, 04:11 PM   #12

Region: Other
With the device bama sf4/x4 (11-14 gt and boss) have the option in preloaded tunes select the;

-octanes v2
- airbox
- headers
- Throttle body
- axle ratio
- rear o2s
-…Etc
Tulio Mera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 07:24 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
One more question, maybe I missed it but are all tunes from Bama now called V2? People who have been long time users of Bama tunes, do they have to do anything to get V2 tunes?
1) No. So far, the only platforms to receive these new versions of their tunes are the 05-15 GTs.

2) No. Just request + fill out the tune form like you normally would.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:29 AM   #14
Site Sponsor

Quote:
I'm about to add my FRPP big oval throttle body. After that, I am seriously considering data logging. My next few parts won't require a tune and I already requested the one for my new tb. Once I get it on (when the 3 feet of snow melts) I'll holler at you Alex. All your help is appreciated. Thank you.
Hey Ubnbit - That's something that the guys at Bama can definitely get you set up with! We have a shop GT500 where we went with a FR Twin 62 MM but they'll be able to dial you in and I would highly reccomend a datalog after the fact. The smallest mods on the GT500's yield massive amounts of power!

Check out our Bolt On Build GT500 if you're looking for a few other ideas for your build - The sky is the limit with these cars!

Quote:
Regarding the V2 question they're out for the 05-15 GT's at this time and will start to find their way down for ever other trim be it 4V Cobra/Mach, 03-04 Cobra, V6, you name it!

If you're a Free Tunes For Life member I highly recommend trying out their newer tunes - They're modified almost on a daily basis as we along with Bama are always learning what works best!

Let me know if you're to have any questions at all and I'm here to help!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 03-02-2015, 04:56 AM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Hey Ubnbit - That's something that the guys at Bama can definitely get you set up with! We have a shop GT500 where we went with a FR Twin 62 MM but they'll be able to dial you in and I would highly reccomend a datalog after the fact. The smallest mods on the GT500's yield massive amounts of power!

Check out our Bolt On Build GT500 if you're looking for a few other ideas for your build - The sky is the limit with these cars!

Regarding the V2 question they're out for the 05-15 GT's at this time and will start to find their way down for ever other trim be it 4V Cobra/Mach, 03-04 Cobra, V6, you name it!

If you're a Free Tunes For Life member I highly recommend trying out their newer tunes - They're modified almost on a daily basis as we along with Bama are always learning what works best!

Let me know if you're to have any questions at all and I'm here to help!

Alex
Definitely saw those videos. Lol. Honestly, I hope to be ready to data log in a couple of weeks. If the snow melts off. Thanks for all your help. I am a tunes for life member. I'm ready to try some V2!
Old 03-02-2015, 09:45 AM   #16
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Definitely saw those videos. Lol. Honestly, I hope to be ready to data log in a couple of weeks. If the snow melts off. Thanks for all your help. I am a tunes for life member. I'm ready to try some V2!
Ubnbit - I just wanted to make sure. I mean how could I not recommended taking a look at them! These cars made some serious horsepower! Let me know once it's getting dry out and we'll get you ready to go!

I can't wait to hear your feedback, you're going to be scaring kids left and right on the streets!

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime, I'm always around to help out!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle