My Experience With American Muscle - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 03-19-2015, 09:12 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
My Experience With American Muscle

Well, I ordered this catback exhaust from AM
Roush Mustang Extreme Performance Catback System 403936 (05-09 GT, GT500) - Free Shipping

I placed the order on Monday and received it on Wednesday - which is great by the way. Just had it installed - the fit was great and the sound even better. Couldn't be more pleased. I did notice though, on the drivers side chrome tip, that there appeared to be a protective plastic-like coating that was peeling off, so I proceeded to peel the rest off.... only it wasn't a plastic coating. It was the actual chrome plating that was peeling off. So I call American Muscle, and as expected they are replacing the system for me. Unfortunately, they can't just get the one piece, it has to be the whole thing - which is not on them, that's just the way it comes from Roush. They are also going to reimburse any cost for having the one piece replaced (only going to replace the one piece and not the whole thing of course). The really unfortunate thing is the system is out of stock right now and I'll have to wait approx. 1-2 weeks in order to get it. I couldn't be happier about the ease of the return though. Any time I've ever had any issues, and it's only been twice now and neither were AM's fault, they really stepped up and made the experience as hassle free as possible. Kudos to AM and that's why I don't buy online from anyone else if I can help it.
sid719e is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2015, 09:30 AM   #2
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid719e View Post
Well, I ordered this catback exhaust from AM
Roush Mustang Extreme Performance Catback System 403936 (05-09 GT, GT500) - Free Shipping

I placed the order on Monday and received it on Wednesday - which is great by the way. Just had it installed - the fit was great and the sound even better. Couldn't be more pleased. I did notice though, on the drivers side chrome tip, that there appeared to be a protective plastic-like coating that was peeling off, so I proceeded to peel the rest off.... only it wasn't a plastic coating. It was the actual chrome plating that was peeling off. So I call American Muscle, and as expected they are replacing the system for me. Unfortunately, they can't just get the one piece, it has to be the whole thing - which is not on them, that's just the way it comes from Roush. They are also going to reimburse any cost for having the one piece replaced (only going to replace the one piece and not the whole thing of course). The really unfortunate thing is the system is out of stock right now and I'll have to wait approx. 1-2 weeks in order to get it. I couldn't be happier about the ease of the return though. Any time I've ever had any issues, and it's only been twice now and neither were AM's fault, they really stepped up and made the experience as hassle free as possible. Kudos to AM and that's why I don't buy online from anyone else if I can help it.

Hey Sid - Thanks for taking the time to have this posted up and I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you had with your Roush System! That's highly uncharacteristic of them and I've honestly never heard of a finish deterioration issue on their products having been employed here for the past 4 years. Really odd! Can you please shoot me a PM with your order number so I can take a look into this? Typically when they're on back order it's not an inventory shortage but that their kits have not been physically assembled. I'm happy to reach out to Roush to see if there's an update for you!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:10 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks so much Alex. Just PM'd the requested info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2015, 01:59 PM   #4
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks so much Alex. Just PM'd the requested info.

Anytime Sid! Received and replied to your PM - Let me do some digging around here and I'll shoot my guys at Roush a question to see what's going on. It could potentially be a parts shortage on their end but that's purely speculation! Let me know if you're to have any other questions in the meantime and I'm here to help!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 03-19-2015, 06:05 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Glad to see a company that does not force us to fight against a manufacturer alone. Looks like this company stands by the products they sell! +1. I will buy my first mod (exhaust) soon and they will be my first stop. 😄

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
abram2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:20 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Alex - thanks again.

Abram - I buy all my stuff from them. It's really nice knowing that if something goes wrong they really go out of their way to help.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:50 AM   #7
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by abram2001 View Post
Glad to see a company that does not force us to fight against a manufacturer alone. Looks like this company stands by the products they sell! +1. I will buy my first mod (exhaust) soon and they will be my first stop. 😄
Hey Abram - I'm always here to help our customers out no matter what - We'll bend over backwards to make sure that everyone's beyond satisfied with their parts, service, and order! I'm a consumer too and I hate being in a pinch like this! Don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything I can help out with, I'm a PM away.

Alex

Quote:
Alex - thanks again.

Abram - I buy all my stuff from them. It's really nice knowing that if something goes wrong they really go out of their way to help.
Sid - Anytime! Take a look at your PM's I think we may have a solution for you!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 03-20-2015, 03:58 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Alex - PM'd you back.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:01 AM   #9
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Alex - PM'd you back.

Hey Sid - Pm's received and replied! I'm working with Roush as we speak and we're going to get you fixed up! Sorry about the delay again but let me know if you're to have any other questions in the meantime and I'm here to help!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 03-24-2015, 08:51 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Hey Sid - Pm's received and replied! I'm working with Roush as we speak and we're going to get you fixed up! Sorry about the delay again but let me know if you're to have any other questions in the meantime and I'm here to help!

Alex
Thanks Alex, I appreciate it. Please just let me know when they send out the new tip.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:55 AM   #11
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks Alex, I appreciate it. Please just let me know when they send out the new tip.

Hey Sid - Received and replied to your PM's and I'm working with Roush as we speak to get this Tip shot out for you. As soon as I have the tracking information made available I'll have it shot over! Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime and I'm here to help!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 03-27-2015, 08:05 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Just an update. It's all taken care of now. Got the replacement yesterday and had it put on this morning. AM offered to pay for the cost of having it put on again, but the manager of the place that did it didn't charge me (since it was just one part and not the whole exhaust again). Thanks to Alex for getting involved and making sure everything went smoothly.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:31 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Another thumbs up for AM. Will and Alex both took care of me recently. I will definitely be ordering more soon.

PS Please stock the TSW Bathurst so I get them from you.
SK GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:32 AM   #14
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Just an update. It's all taken care of now. Got the replacement yesterday and had it put on this morning. AM offered to pay for the cost of having it put on again, but the manager of the place that did it didn't charge me (since it was just one part and not the whole exhaust again). Thanks to Alex for getting involved and making sure everything went smoothly.
Hey Sid

Thanks for taking the time to have this posted up! I'm really happy to hear that the replacement system got delivered so quickly and that your shop was able to get it bolted up in no time! We're always around to help out no matter what so if there's ever something we can lend a hand with don't hesitate to make a thread and I'll see it!

Have a great weekend!

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK GT View Post
Another thumbs up for AM. Will and Alex both took care of me recently. I will definitely be ordering more soon.

PS Please stock the TSW Bathurst so I get them from you.
SK - I'll make sure to pass this along to Will - We're here to help and we'll bend over backwards to make sure that our guys on Mevo and anywhere else are taken care of no matter what! I'll make sure to get the TSW's added to my list! They're pretty sharp if I say so myself!

Let me know if you have any other recommendations and I'm here to help!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 03-28-2015, 09:36 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I've had nothing than superb service from AM, they even gave me their honest opinion on some of the visual mods I was interested in!

They are my to-go shop for anything Mustang, and will be for mods to come.
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:29 AM   #16
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post
I've had nothing than superb service from AM, they even gave me their honest opinion on some of the visual mods I was interested in!

They are my to-go shop for anything Mustang, and will be for mods to come.

Hey King - Thanks for the kind comments here! We strive to have the best customer service out there and if there's ever anything that we're to occur we're a thread post, private message, phone call or email away!

One of the best perks about working here is that we're not sales driven nor are we commission based so we'll definitely let you know how we feel about certain parts over others and you'll always get an unbiased opinion from us no matter what. Don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything else I can ever help out with I'm a PM away!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle