Tunes for life, how do I get the V2 bama tunes? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 03-19-2015, 09:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Tunes for life, how do I get the V2 bama tunes?

I'll probably get pounded for asking this question. My search turned up nothing.

AM, how do I upgrade my tunes to V2, or can I? I've been through a 2012 and have a 2014 mustang. I paid for lifetime tunes.

The tune I got for my auto did some good but I'm not happy with the delay when I put my foot down. A Toyota can down-shift faster.

I'd like to try your V2 tunes.

Please advise.
InfinibandGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2015, 09:52 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinibandGT View Post
I'll probably get pounded for asking this question. My search turned up nothing.

AM, how do I upgrade my tunes to V2, or can I? I've been through a 2012 and have a 2014 mustang. I paid for lifetime tunes.

The tune I got for my auto did some good but I'm not happy with the delay when I put my foot down. A Toyota can down-shift faster.

Please advise.
Call Bama and ask for a tune revision.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:52 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Wow, I got an automated reply. Nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2015, 09:53 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I think I'm good. I'll give them a chance. Hard to know who to email. I guess it got it right.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:56 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I think I'm good. I'll give them a chance. Hard to know who to email. I guess it got it right.
When you originally ordered your tune they sent you an email. You could respond to that directly. Or I suppose you could just submit a new tune form.

Old 03-19-2015, 09:56 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

No complaints ever with these guys. I just didn't know where to send the request.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:57 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

That's what I did. I wasn't sure if the organization was the same since I bought the tune.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:47 AM   #8
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:

Please advise.

Hey - That's a good question and the fastest way to get you set up would be to shoot them a call but like Nate had said if you're to reply to one of your emails from them it will automatically re-open a ticket through Bama. Despite being apart of the Free Tunes For Life program it sadly does not carry over from vehicle to vehicle; I'm more than happy to have you re-enrolled Free Of Charge Though. Either shoot me a PM with your email address that you use with us or give them a call and let them know that we spoke and they can get you set up in no time. I know how you mean on the shift delay too. It's like this on all of their cars from a Focus through the Ford Flex! They're new V2 Tunes for the automatic are down right ridiculous and I'd love to hear your feedback once you get a few miles on them along with a datalog.

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:33 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Alex. I've already transferred the tuner to the 2014 about a year ago (something like $250). I responded to the last email I received from Bama. I'll let you know how things go from here.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:15 AM   #10
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks Alex. I've already transferred the tuner to the 2014 about a year ago (something like $250). I responded to the last email I received from Bama. I'll let you know how things go from here.
Hey,

Thanks for letting me know and sounds good. I'd love to get your feedback on their service so just let me know if anything pops up or if you're to have any other questions at all, I'm always around to help out!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 03-28-2015, 02:03 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Ok, it's been one week. I have a response from bama. The order number is 3225566.

I follow the link in the email, from there I'm asked for "Order Number", "Customer Name", "Computer code".

I know I've spent over $5000 at AM and I bought the tunes for life on my 2012'. Then transferred it to my 2014.

Seems like I'm lost in the system.
Old 03-28-2015, 02:08 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Respond to the last email doesn't work. What's the deterministic way to get service for the tunes for life?
Old 03-28-2015, 02:18 AM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Ok, it's been one week. I have a response from bama. The order number is 3225566.

I follow the link in the email, from there I'm asked for "Order Number", "Customer Name", "Computer code".

I know I've spent over $5000 at AM and I bought the tunes for life on my 2012'. Then transferred it to my 2014.

Seems like I'm lost in the system.
Go to am click on tunes for life (the one that shows as $0) and go from there. That is how I did it

Old 03-28-2015, 02:28 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

You guys have the info for the last tune I bought, why do I need to give you the same info again? The response with the link and the order number doesn't work. The order number isn't recognized.
Old 03-28-2015, 02:35 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Nate, I can't find this link you are talking about.
Old 03-28-2015, 02:39 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Ok, now I'm getting this strange password reset crap. Broken website.
Old 03-28-2015, 02:46 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Wow, I can't even log in to the AM website. Wants me to change my password. Sends me an email with a link that sends me to the same login screen again.

Seems like they are pushing social media now as well. Facebook or Google required now to buy car parts? Sorry, good bye. You lost me there.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:07 AM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Wow, I can't even log in to the AM website. Wants me to change my password. Sends me an email with a link that sends me to the same login screen again.

Seems like they are pushing social media now as well. Facebook or Google required now to buy car parts? Sorry, good bye. You lost me there.
Hm I got that email as well but I just reset my password to the same thing and I didn't see anything about Facebook or google

Old 03-28-2015, 07:10 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Some people either don't want to be helped or calm down and apply the proper steps to get things done correctly. I never had an experience this chaotic with AM ever.

I work in customer resolutions and some make things harder than the need to be.

Black 2008 Decepticon GT "If it ain't hooking, it ain't booking" edition
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 07:55 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Yea, I work on customer problems too, as well as being a software developer.

I'd be happy to talk to you about this customer support issue.

Bottom line, I spent money and I'm getting no response at this point.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:04 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I understand the frustration dude, i hope it gets resolved becuase i know how i would feel if it was my car. But ive witnessed AM go all out to make it right. Best wishes man

Black 2008 Decepticon GT "If it ain't hooking, it ain't booking" edition
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:42 AM   #22
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Yea, I work on customer problems too, as well as being a software developer.

I'd be happy to talk to you about this customer support issue.

Bottom line, I spent money and I'm getting no response at this point.

InfinibandGT - Hey! I'm really sorry about the delay and inconvenience on Bama's end - Since the weather broke everyone's been getting their cars out to hit the tack and they've been inundated with orders and new tune requests - I'll work with them on this right now and I personally assure you that you'll have your tunes today. Don't hesitate to let me know if you're to have any other questions at all and I'm here to help!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 04-02-2015, 06:42 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Alex, I received the tunes this week. I'll load them up this weekend if work permits.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 04-04-2015, 11:28 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

When I bought the car D was like a slug, I discovered sport mode and I normally drive in sport mode. Good for commuting, it down-shifts nicely when you're backed up on the freeway going 10 mph.

The V1 tune was better than factory for this car, I think it was more for the engine, not the trans shift points. Drive (D) was still sluggish.

The new V2 tune, in drive (D) the car is completely changed. I used to only drive on the freeway in D. Around town always sport mode. Now around town D is better than sport mode. Kick-down is not sluggish anymore. I was surprised. I used to have to anticipate passing and gauge how long it would take for the down shift when passing. This is better, more like mechanical autos I've driven in the past.

I read another thread here where Alex was saying that the V2 tunes are focused on drivability. My auto is more fun to drive in D and definitely more drivable.

All that being said, and I'm very pleased with the tune, can you not tell us what was changed between the tunes?

Hell, I don't even know what you change when I buy tunes from you, my 2012 included. Is this proprietary information?

One more question: does this tune affect sport mode? I've read in some threads that it's not possible to tune sport mode in the auto. Is that true? With this tune I don't care, just curious.

This is one day of testing on the street. Compared to the behavior before the V2 tune, this is a huge change for me.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:59 AM   #25
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks Alex, I received the tunes this week. I'll load them up this weekend if work permits.
Quote:
When I bought the car D was like a slug, I discovered sport mode and I normally drive in sport mode. Good for commuting, it down-shifts nicely when you're backed up on the freeway going 10 mph.

The V1 tune was better than factory for this car, I think it was more for the engine, not the trans shift points. Drive (D) was still sluggish.

The new V2 tune, in drive (D) the car is completely changed. I used to only drive on the freeway in D. Around town always sport mode. Now around town D is better than sport mode. Kick-down is not sluggish anymore. I was surprised. I used to have to anticipate passing and gauge how long it would take for the down shift when passing. This is better, more like mechanical autos I've driven in the past.

I read another thread here where Alex was saying that the V2 tunes are focused on drivability. My auto is more fun to drive in D and definitely more drivable.

All that being said, and I'm very pleased with the tune, can you not tell us what was changed between the tunes?

Hell, I don't even know what you change when I buy tunes from you, my 2012 included. Is this proprietary information?

One more question: does this tune affect sport mode? I've read in some threads that it's not possible to tune sport mode in the auto. Is that true? With this tune I don't care, just curious.

This is one day of testing on the street. Compared to the behavior before the V2 tune, this is a huge change for me.

Hey InfinibandGT

Thanks for taking the time to post up your feedback, I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying the V2's as much as I am!

I can't stress it enough that the driveabiltiy is what sets the new tunes apart from what the Bama Team had been sending out previously - They're incredibly refined and with the Auto cars getting around town along with romping on the highway is just that much more fun right!

In regards to what had been changed...No! I'm not saying anything! It's a secret!

Bama's older tunes began getting overhauled early last summer and they worked with us closely to ensure that the changes being made we're what out customers wanted - I was even a guinea pig for the 3v (05-10 tunes) which in my opinion we're fine until Paul got here but with the Coyotes there was a lot of room for improvement in terms of the driveability. Ford's factory tune is just lack luster and and leaves a lot to be desired and to summarize some of the largest changes Bama had done a complete remap of the electronic throttle calibration (Better response when you're stepping on the gas) Their tunes are even more dramatic on the Auto cars which you're seeing and feeling! They totally redid their shift characteristics, shift points, and adjusted the torque converter. Additionally fuel maps, spark changes will help aid in the car performing that much better!

In regards to you question about the drive modes that's a great one and Bamas tunes do not affect the modes in any way and they're changes will affect only the standard drive mode.

Let me know if you're to have any other questions and enjoy!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 04-06-2015, 06:55 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
So Alex a tune only changes drive mode? What happens in sport mode after a tune?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
buddyrich14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:12 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not Alex but I'll tell you my experience after my 60 mile commute today.

Sport mode seems a little different. Alex stated above that the tune changes parameters in the torque converter. Honestly, I don know how that would be possible. Either way, sport mode is equal or better than before.

The real difference with the tune is 'D'. You will forget about sport mode with this tune. The shift points are awesome. I'm on day three with this tune. Jumping on the freeway in D will blow your mind from stock or the V1 tune.

I still use sport mode for commuting and I like the way it down shifts when going down hill at 15 mph.

I have no idea how this stacks up against the other tunes for the auto. I don't race so I'm no authority. I can say that the V2 tune is a huge improvement. I would buy this again for the way I drive my car on the street.

I'm interested in hearing how these new tunes do against the others at the track/strip.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 04-07-2015, 10:18 AM   #28
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyrich14 View Post
So Alex a tune only changes drive mode? What happens in sport mode after a tune?
Hey Buddy - I think I wasn't too clear on this, sorry about the miscommunication but Bama's tunes "do" affect the transmission mode be it (D or S) as they've revamped their shift and torque schedules. Bama's tunes will not affect the drive modes in any way at all and once you're in D is where you'll see the tunes take hold. You're going to notice a bigger difference while in D than S as the S mode is going to be inherently more aggressive from the factory. The drive modes will still work on top of the tunes for the pedal and throttle correlation. Their transmission settings while in D will still be the same during all drive modes. Let me know if you have any other questions or feel free to reach out to the Bama Team directly!

Alex

Quote:
I'm not Alex but I'll tell you my experience after my 60 mile commute today.

Sport mode seems a little different. Alex stated above that the tune changes parameters in the torque converter. Honestly, I don know how that would be possible. Either way, sport mode is equal or better than before.

The real difference with the tune is 'D'. You will forget about sport mode with this tune. The shift points are awesome. I'm on day three with this tune. Jumping on the freeway in D will blow your mind from stock or the V1 tune.

I still use sport mode for commuting and I like the way it down shifts when going down hill at 15 mph.

I have no idea how this stacks up against the other tunes for the auto. I don't race so I'm no authority. I can say that the V2 tune is a huge improvement. I would buy this again for the way I drive my car on the street.

I'm interested in hearing how these new tunes do against the others at the track/strip.
InfinibandGT - Thanks for taking the time to have this posted up! I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying the tunes thus far! Keep me in the loop if there's anything else I can help out with and enjoy!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 04-07-2015, 01:21 PM   #29
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Hey Buddy - I think I wasn't too clear on this, sorry about the miscommunication but Bama's tunes "do" affect the transmission mode be it (D or S) as they've revamped their shift and torque schedules. Bama's tunes will not affect the drive modes in any way at all and once you're in D is where you'll see the tunes take hold. You're going to notice a bigger difference while in D than S as the S mode is going to be inherently more aggressive from the factory. The drive modes will still work on top of the tunes for the pedal and throttle correlation. Their transmission settings while in D will still be the same during all drive modes. Let me know if you have any other questions or feel free to reach out to the Bama Team directly!

Alex

InfinibandGT - Thanks for taking the time to have this posted up! I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying the tunes thus far! Keep me in the loop if there's anything else I can help out with and enjoy!

Alex
Sounds like Ford actually tuned sport mode how mustang should have been tuned all along

Old 04-08-2015, 12:42 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

I think I caused some confusion talking about Sport mode. From the car manual, it's called select shift mode. Selecting to "S" on the auto. Not to be confused with traction control sport mode. Sorry if that caused some confusion.

Someone reading this thread will be, most likely, very confused. I hope this makes things clear.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle