Raxiom GPS antenna placement - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle

Old 03-31-2015, 09:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Raxiom GPS antenna placement

Hey all, I wasn't really sure which section to post this in, but I'll take a chance here. I just bought the Raxiom navigation for my 2011 Mustang convertible. I was looking at the GPS antenna placement. The instructions say to put it on the outside of the car, on the roof. I really don't want to put it on the outside of the car. I was searching through all the sites I could think of (actually all that Google could think of) and I found one or two people who have put in on their dash by the a-pillar. Any other experiences placing it there? I also thought I read some one had put it on the INSIDE of their windshield by their rear view mirror and it worked well there. Can anyone give me some insight and/or real world experience on this?
Thanks in advance everyone!
special5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2015, 11:50 AM   #2
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by special5.0 View Post
Hey all, I wasn't really sure which section to post this in, but I'll take a chance here. I just bought the Raxiom navigation for my 2011 Mustang convertible. I was looking at the GPS antenna placement. The instructions say to put it on the outside of the car, on the roof. I really don't want to put it on the outside of the car. I was searching through all the sites I could think of (actually all that Google could think of) and I found one or two people who have put in on their dash by the a-pillar. Any other experiences placing it there? I also thought I read some one had put it on the INSIDE of their windshield by their rear view mirror and it worked well there. Can anyone give me some insight and/or real world experience on this?
Thanks in advance everyone!
Hey Special,

In regards to mounting the GPS antenna, the choice is really yours!
We always recommend mounting it on the outside as that is where you will get the most clear signal but you can mount it wherever you like!

One of my co-workers has it mounted right behind the rear view mirror and it works no problem!

As long as you have it placed in clear view of the sky, you should have no problem.

Hope this helps!

-Will
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 12:20 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Perfect help, thank you! I do remember reading a while ago (but could not find it since) that an employee from AM mounted it behind their mirror. At my age, I could've made it all up though ! Thanks for confirming it for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2015, 01:37 PM   #4
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by special5.0 View Post
Perfect help, thank you! I do remember reading a while ago (but could not find it since) that an employee from AM mounted it behind their mirror. At my age, I could've made it all up though ! Thanks for confirming it for me.
No problem at all Special,

Let me know how you like it once you get everything mounted, I love these systems!

If you ever need anything, you know where to find me.

-Will
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:46 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
So you do have to have a Raxiom GPS antenna even with a satellite antenna for Sirius? I have a Convertible so certainly can't place it on the roof. Isn't there a way to tie into the satellite antenna with Raxiom Navaigator System?
Both Vert and Coupe 6 speed Corsa Sport Axleback GT500 Quad Exhaust, comfort package
GTGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:53 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I used the magnet plate supplied with the radio and just put it on my dash on the passenger side as close to the front window as possible. it works great. You can barely see it and I've never had an issue with it losing signal. Hope that helps.
I'd take a picture, but it's sleeping for the winter and I can't readily get to it!
Old 11-18-2015, 10:00 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Thanks, I appreciate the advice. Mine is sleeping for the winter too - but will be doing some cross country trips next summer and would like to have the built in navigation system. Wish the original owner had ordered it. LOL. My husband has the twin - except the coupe. Both 2014 GT/CS Premium - his has the Navigation system already in it. We bought it in GA and drove back to WI and it was great having it. So for the price of the Raxiom - I thought it would be worthwhile to invest in.
Both Vert and Coupe 6 speed Corsa Sport Axleback GT500 Quad Exhaust, comfort package
GTGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle