94 GT 4bank eliminator help please... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle

Old 04-07-2015, 11:24 PM   #1

Region: Illinois
94 GT 4bank eliminator help please...

2 weeks ago i installed my sct chip tuned by bama...great work guys. I just started having an idle issue,don't know if it's related with chip or if it's an issue with my iac valve... Or something else... I started my car, was allowing it to warm up, idled for about a minute when suddenly my rpms shot up to 2k rpm... Settled back down after about 15 seconds. And did it again little later... Haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but any thoughts or ideas?
94 GT 302, comp cams camshaft, performance distributors distributor, dyna mod tfi module, c&l cai, other mods...
Anyone from American Muscle or Bama any tips? Or any other customers that may have had similar scenarios?
Thanks in advanced to anyone

Sent from my VK810 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
94yellowsn95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2015, 09:14 AM   #2
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94yellowsn95 View Post
2 weeks ago i installed my sct chip tuned by bama...great work guys. I just started having an idle issue,don't know if it's related with chip or if it's an issue with my iac valve... Or something else...

I started my car, was allowing it to warm up, idled for about a minute when suddenly my rpms shot up to 2k rpm... Settled back down after about 15 seconds.

And did it again little later... Haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but any thoughts or ideas?

94 GT 302, comp cams camshaft, performance distributors distributor, dyna mod tfi module, c&l cai, other mods...

Anyone from American Muscle or Bama any tips? Or any other customers that may have had similar scenarios?
Thanks in advanced to anyone
Hey 94yellowsn95,

Happy to to hear you we're enjoying it up to the mechanical gremlin! That's the joy of a 20 year old car is that they've always got something up their sleeves. I think you're on the right track looking into the IAC - When was the last time it was cleaned, or was it cleaned recently? Any throttle body on the car? Was the Cold Air taken off/put back on recently?

I would suggest using some MAF cleaner (electrical contact cleaner) to get any oil/dirt/residue off the MAF sensor as it could be making it act up. This is important especially if you just cleaned and re-oiled the filter as well. Another thing off the top of my head would be to check the TPS voltage with the key on, and engine off - It should be close to .98 volts.

Let me know if you have any question and I hope some of this helps but if it's persisting shoot Bama a call and request to speak with my guy Ryan and tell whomever you're speaking with that Laz sent you!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:29 PM   #3

Thank you Alex. Yes it is the joys of an older car... Thankfully I am mechanically inclined... Not trying to brag, but I do work on cars for a living... I am a master ASE tech... I was just wanting to know if it sounded like a chip issue or something else... I'll hook my snap on scanner up to it tomorrow to check the tps. Last time I cleaned the IAC was about a year ago when I pulled my engine and did a complete rebuild on it. Same with the MAF sensor. But knowing Fords, not just mustangs, IAC valves are pretty common failures and usually seem to always have different symptoms from one car to the next. I will definitely let you know as soon as I start digging into it!! Thanks again Alex!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2015, 07:31 PM   #4

Oh and yes it has a performance products throttle body

Old 04-09-2015, 07:55 AM   #5
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Thank you Alex. Yes it is the joys of an older car... Thankfully I am mechanically inclined... Not trying to brag, but I do work on cars for a living... I am a master ASE tech...

I was just wanting to know if it sounded like a chip issue or something else... I'll hook my snap on scanner up to it tomorrow to check the tps.

Last time I cleaned the IAC was about a year ago when I pulled my engine and did a complete rebuild on it.

Same with the MAF sensor. But knowing Fords, not just mustangs, IAC valves are pretty common failures and usually seem to always have different symptoms from one car to the next.

I will definitely let you know as soon as I start digging into it!! Thanks again Alex!!
Quote:
Oh and yes it has a performance products throttle body
Yellow - Anytime and there ya go! I'm a backyard mechanic by trade So I've broken more than enough in my time here! Keep me in the loop I'd love to hear what's up but I think you're going to nail it soon - If you've trouble-shot the basics and the idles still there shoot the Bama team a call and let them know that we've been working together on this and they'll take it from there!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 04-09-2015, 07:06 PM   #6

Hey Alex, I got home from work tonight, hooked my scanner up to ol' yellow, and TPS was showing 0.93v. With my throttle body, I can adjust the TPS so I was able to dial it in to 0.97v after snapping the throttle open and shut several times. I am a man who likes to check one thing at a time, so I'll drive her around a little bit to see how she does. I'll let you know either Saturday night or Sunday morning and let you know my progress. Thanks again for your help, Alex!

Old 04-10-2015, 07:01 AM   #7
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Hey Alex, I got home from work tonight, hooked my scanner up to ol' yellow, and TPS was showing 0.93v.

With my throttle body, I can adjust the TPS so I was able to dial it in to 0.97v after snapping the throttle open and shut several times.

I am a man who likes to check one thing at a time, so I'll drive her around a little bit to see how she does. I'll let you know either Saturday night or Sunday morning and let you know my progress. Thanks again for your help, Alex!

Yellow - Thanks for keeping me in the loop on this - I know how you mean on the diagnostic side. I've sent myself on so many wild goose chases it's not even funny to the point where I was about to pull a motor. Let me know if anything and shoot us a call if you ever want to bounce some ideas off us, we're always around to lend a hand.

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 04-12-2015, 07:09 AM   #8

Alex just wanted to let you know, I've been driving my car quite a bit this weekend, and knock on wood, so far so good. So hopefully that problem of mine is resolved! Thank you again for your help!

Dan

Old 04-13-2015, 03:18 PM   #9
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Alex just wanted to let you know, I've been driving my car quite a bit this weekend, and knock on wood, so far so good. So hopefully that problem of mine is resolved! Thank you again for your help!

Dan
Hey Dan

Thanks for taking the time to post this up! I'm happy to hear that the cars in good shape for the time being! Let me know if there's anything else I can lend a hand with or if you're to have any questions!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 04-13-2015, 09:49 PM   #10

Will do! Thank you Alex! And I'm sure I can come up with some questions later, mainly product suggestions for later mods if that's alright!

Dan

Old 04-16-2015, 08:36 AM   #11
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Will do! Thank you Alex! And I'm sure I can come up with some questions later, mainly product suggestions for later mods if that's alright!

Dan

Dan,

Sounds good! I'm always here for an unbiased opinion on anything. One of the greatest aspects about working here is that we're not sales driven and I'll be sure to give you a straight answer on anything! Keep me in the loop.

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle