Raxiom Projector Problem - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 04-20-2015, 10:16 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Raxiom Projector Problem

Hi AM guys,

Have an issue with my new Raxiom Projectors.

There is a strange shadow that looks like a bar that sits diagonally across the light beam.

When triggering the high beams that "bar" just twitches, but does not move. I have tried this with both HID and the halogens that come stock. So its NOT the bulbs.

While I know this isn't normal behaviour based on other Raxioms I've seen, I'm hoping it can be fixed somehow without replacing the units? I don't want to pull the front clip again if I can avoid it.

Any help guys?

I also wrote into the customer service email addy, but haven't heard back yet. I'll try calling at lunch if I haven't heard back.

Thanks!
WordySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2015, 10:34 AM   #2
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordySanchez View Post
Hi AM guys,

Have an issue with my new Raxiom Projectors.

There is a strange shadow that looks like a bar that sits diagonally across the light beam.

When triggering the high beams that "bar" just twitches, but does not move. I have tried this with both HID and the halogens that come stock. So its NOT the bulbs.

While I know this isn't normal behaviour based on other Raxioms I've seen, I'm hoping it can be fixed somehow without replacing the units? I don't want to pull the front clip again if I can avoid it.

Any help guys?

I also wrote into the customer service email addy, but haven't heard back yet. I'll try calling at lunch if I haven't heard back.

Thanks!
Hey Wordy - Long time no see! That's a little on the odd side and sorry to hear about the trouble with them but can you find a dark place and point them right at a wall, snap a picture for us so we can get a better idea of what's going on and have it posted? I personally know that they can be a pain to install but I can't have you rolling around with a set of Raxiom that aren't on point! Let me know and I'm here to help!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:05 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Garh!

Thanks Alex!

I had uploaded a video through the link in the posting, but I didn't realize it wasn't showing. I have attached a photo to this reply, and I'm including a link to a video below (to demonstrate the high beam function).

THanks!

https://www.facebook.com/martin.ball...84759085642224
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150419_142651~.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	647.3 KB
ID:	180542  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2015, 11:23 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I think the units are defective honestly, but I'm hoping I am just doing something wrong so I don't have to pull the front end apart again.

That said, and so that this isn't all negative, they LOOK fantastic and I love the IDEA of having them

On the positive side I'll share a couple recent pics. She's starting to come together. That's the AM hide-a-plate, fuel door, decklid panel, lights, rear window spoiler, wheels, scoops and window covers.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	~20150417_124753.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	180544   Click image for larger version

Name:	~20150417_124807.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	180545  

Name:	20150417_124723.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	180546  
Old 04-20-2015, 01:02 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

So a little follow up. I just spoke to Jeff on the phone and he's hooked me up with an RMA and 2 day shipping on the replacements. I mentioned to him that I can't really drive at night right now and that its kind of urgent. He totally took care of me.

Just wanted you to know that the CS dept is taking care of people well and that Jeff in particular was great to talk with.

For anyone else who's curious, the supervisor said it was a 'bent reflector', so the only remedy is to replace the units (which is happening in speedy fashion).

THanks for the great customer service!
Old 04-20-2015, 03:11 PM   #6
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordySanchez View Post
So a little follow up. I just spoke to Jeff on the phone and he's hooked me up with an RMA and 2 day shipping on the replacements. I mentioned to him that I can't really drive at night right now and that its kind of urgent. He totally took care of me.

Just wanted you to know that the CS dept is taking care of people well and that Jeff in particular was great to talk with.

For anyone else who's curious, the supervisor said it was a 'bent reflector', so the only remedy is to replace the units (which is happening in speedy fashion).

THanks for the great customer service!
Hey!

Thanks for keeping me in the loop on this and sorry about the delay - I'm running around like a mad man today! I'm really happy to hear that Jeff and our CS team was able to get you squared away - That's defintiely on the odd side again and having been here for over 4 years now it's the first that I've seen of the Raxiom's having a bent reflector. Let me know how everything works out and if you have any questions at all about the return process don't hesitate to let me know!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle