Problem with AM - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 04-30-2015, 02:33 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Problem with AM

So I bought the sequential taillight module and I was just going to return it and get my money back but I installed it and it's pretty damn awesome except for the fact that it does not work when unlocking or locking the car. I bought it for the brake lights not the locking part but I'm disappointed that it's not working as listed. I called AM and they said I can return it but that is about it. I already installed it and everything though so I might as well keep it. I figured they would issue a partial refund or something since it's not working as I was expecting it to but maybe that is too much to ask? Pretty disappointed with the call I had with them as well, he pretty much said better luck next time.

2013 Premium Performance White

GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows

Last Mod: CDC Performance Grille

Next mod: Bama Race Tune!

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2015, 02:35 PM   #2
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Hey Chaz - Shoot me a Pm and I'll have this fixed for you right now.

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:38 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I had the same issue with mine. Just kept it installed and went on my merry way lol

rockhillgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2015, 02:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Are you sure it is installed properly?
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:40 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
Of course it is! :p
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:44 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post

I mean it's literally plug and play. I'm not the most mechanically inclined but a 3 year old can do this lol

GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Hey Chaz - Shoot me a Pm and I'll have this fixed for you right now.

Alex

Sent! Thanks for the almost instant response. I appreciate it Alex.

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Old 04-30-2015, 02:51 PM   #7
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz12 View Post
So I bought the sequential taillight module and I was just going to return it and get my money back but I installed it and it's pretty damn awesome except for the fact that it does not work when unlocking or locking the car. I bought it for the brake lights not the locking part but I'm disappointed that it's not working as listed. I called AM and they said I can return it but that is about it. I already installed it and everything though so I might as well keep it. I figured they would issue a partial refund or something since it's not working as I was expecting it to but maybe that is too much to ask? Pretty disappointed with the call I had with them as well, he pretty much said better luck next time.

OK, ya lost me. What are they supposed to do when locking and unlocking the car?
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:56 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
OK, ya lost me. What are they supposed to do when locking and unlocking the car?

Both sides should make the same sequential motion that happens when your blinker goes on when you unlock the car, hit the brakes, and the hazards, but the unlocking is not doing it.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:13 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I have a factory setup (2014) will take a look at mine and see if they do, I have not really paid attention to that lol!
Jbone007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 03:14 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbone007 View Post
I have a factory setup (2014) will take a look at mine and see if they do, I have not really paid attention to that lol!

It only does it if you have that module from AM that I bought.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:20 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Chaz,

Ok just checked and mine, they light up but don't do the sequential motion when locking and unlocking the car. (factory setup)
Old 04-30-2015, 03:21 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Ok got it, thought you just installed the sequential lights!
Old 04-30-2015, 03:22 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Alex pretty much immediately took care of the problem and we are going to work something out. I will keep you guys updated on what ends up happening but I do recommend these modules. With the discount it came out to 117$ and it's well worth it. I love how they flash every time you hit the brakes or turn on the hazards and if there was a problem we all know AM will work it out. I got these in today and the problem is already pretty much resolved so I have received nothing but great help and great items from American Muscle.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Ok got it, thought you just installed the sequential lights!

Check out those modules for your 2014 from AM. They are pretty cool. I'm going to post a video when I get a chance!

Old 04-30-2015, 03:31 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

May have to add this to my wish list lol!
Old 04-30-2015, 03:39 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

https://vid.me/ln08

Video of it working on my car

Old 04-30-2015, 03:42 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Nice!
Old 04-30-2015, 03:45 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Issue has been resolved by Alex and American Muscle. Everything worked out and I am completely satisfied with the outcome. I wish I could leave feedback on the website but it says they arent accepting anymore! lol

Old 04-30-2015, 03:49 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Nice to hear, I have seen Alex take care of several issues for folks on this forum!
Old 04-30-2015, 03:52 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nice to hear, I have seen Alex take care of several issues for folks on this forum!
Yeah he is great, I have only had a couple problems but he literally handled those problems instantly. Most companies have a huge process and AM is truly hassle free.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:45 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

What more would you like AM to do? They would pay to have the broken ones returned and send you out a new one. What more do you want? AM doesn't manufacturer the sequential tail lights. Its the life factor. Really?? Perhaps you would like AM reps to drive out to your home, remove the sequential taillights and install the new tail lights for you. Then take you out too dinner and drinks!

Have a great day!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 06:03 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Yes Alex from AM makes sure we are all taken care of and happy w the product. This isn't the first time he's come through in the clutch.

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 07:47 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
What more would you like AM to do? They would pay to have the broken ones returned and send you out a new one. What more do you want? AM doesn't manufacturer the sequential tail lights. Its the life factor. Really?? Perhaps you would like AM reps to drive out to your home, remove the sequential taillights and install the new tail lights for you. Then take you out too dinner and drinks!

Have a great day!

Usually when you order things you kind of expect them to work the first time. If you read the thread you will see the problem has already been taken care of so your opinion is kind of unnecessary at this point. Thanks though!

Old 04-30-2015, 07:52 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Recently installed this on my 2012 V6. Paid full price less forum discount. Works as advertised.

Something different about the 2013/2014's?

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 07:56 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post
Recently installed this on my 2012 V6. Paid full price less forum discount. Works as advertised.

Something different about the 2013/2014's?

I might have just got a bad one or something, other people on the forum stated that they had the same problem so I am not sure exactly what is up. Also on the reviews like 95% say it worked perfect while a couple people said they had the same problem so I am not sure what is causing this problem with a select few of these.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:13 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I might have just got a bad one or something, other people on the forum stated that they had the same problem so I am not sure exactly what is up. Also on the reviews like 95% say it worked perfect while a couple people said they had the same problem so I am not sure what is causing this problem with a select few of these.

This is a long shot but try switching them. Swap sides.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:33 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post
This is a long shot but try switching them. Swap sides.

Yeah I can try that tomorrow, good idea!

Old 05-01-2015, 12:50 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
i have them and they work when unlocking and locking the door... the most annoying thing is that one light sequences before the other... but unless you really paid close attention you wouldnt notice

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
INSTAGRAM @2011fastford505
2011fastford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 05:32 AM   #28
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
how many HP does it add?
Old 05-01-2015, 10:41 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
how many HP does it add?

No HP gains but the Torque is amazing!

Old 05-01-2015, 10:57 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
let me know if switching sides works. I thought they had a L/R on it if I'm not mistaken.

rockhillgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 03:06 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
There's an AM discount for being part of the forum?

Raw Power
WiLL139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 09:10 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Usually when you order things you kind of expect them to work the first time. If you read the thread you will see the problem has already been taken care of so your opinion is kind of unnecessary at this point. Thanks though!
I saw that the problem was fixed and that's great. Of course the issue was fixed ASAP. This is AM were talking about and they are freaking AMAZING along with Alex and Dan.

This issue would of been fixed had you just called AM customer support or even private messaged Alex about this issue. Instead , you post on here in an attempt to make AM look like punks. Epic failure of course because AM has their ***** together and are awesome.

Of course one expects the product to work correctly the first time, but product failure is reality and stuff happens. This failure is not AM's fault. This matter could of easily been handled just the same without you attempting to punk AM by calling the thread Problems with AM. Your issue is not with AM, because they didn't manufacturer those taillights.

Have a great day!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:42 AM   #33
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiLL139 View Post
There's an AM discount for being part of the forum?

Raw Power
Hey Will - We do offer a MustangEvolution Forums Discount Code but due to our agreement with the Forum we'll need for you to have over 50 posts. Once you're over 50 drop me a line and I'll get you setup.

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:56 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Thanks alot

Raw Power
WiLL139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:27 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Chaz12 did you try the swap?

Btw were your doors closed when testing these. I noticed that with my drivers door open that side doesnt sequence when locking but does when unlocking. Haven't yet tried it with both doors open.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle