Post it man..
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 08:09 AM   #493
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
I had a great time taping my walls in the bathroom.

Thx for asking.

We considered leaving early to help you but they closed the gates and wouldn't let us leave!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Robostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2015, 08:37 AM   #494
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Thanks to all that I met at the car show. Hope next years car show isn't as hot.

Was a pleasure again to put some names to faces guys!

Great video too, there's a couple dyno runs I missed but I was standing right behind the fox when it laid down a 4-digit number.

Aside from the weather what did everyone think?

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 08:49 AM   #495
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
2015 American Muscle Car Show...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Let's hope it runs a little cooler next time. Thanks for the shirt & hat!

Here's a small video I put together of the events I recorded (that turbo gets me every time):

Hm, I guess the GT500 dude was mad because he lost to a terminator. That jet car was awesome too.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:23 AM   #496
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post

Great video too, there's a couple dyno runs I missed but I was standing right behind the fox when it laid down a 4-digit number.

Alex
Alex, the car show was great. Looks like the food situation was taken care of. Alex, great idea to open the gates earlier than 9 a.m. That really was the key so traffic wasn't backed up for miles. I waited maybe 10 minutes to get parked and I arrived at 8:30 a.m.

Can't wait for 2016 AM show. You know I want it to be a weekend show because the size of the show but I certainly understand there are logistically issues as you touched on. Just a great show with beautiful mustangs, tons of trashy, hot woman which is always a bonus.

Ba ha ha ha ha. You don't marry that but fun for a quick weekend. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 12:15 PM   #497
Site Sponsor

Sidenote - Has anyone heard from Ronnie and Mario?

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 08-17-2015, 12:24 PM   #498
Registered Member
Regular

Not yet. He was sitting with us late in the day and we lost track of him when we were packing up so I never had a chance to talk before we pulled out to head home.

2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Old 08-17-2015, 12:25 PM   #499
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Sidenote - Has anyone heard from Ronnie and Mario?

Alex
Not yet. I figured you would still be sleeping after all the running around you did over the weekend.

Had a Great Time sorry I didn't get to meet you in person.

2013 Shelby GT500 Born 12/06/2012 number 439 of 530 in DIB and 1 of 9 with Red Stripes over the top and on the seats
Mlarv5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 12:27 PM   #500
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlarv5 View Post
Not yet. I figured you would still be sleeping after all the running around you did over the weekend.

Had a Great Time sorry I didn't get to meet you in person.

No problem brother! Thanks again for making the trip out and I'm happy you were able to get everything squared away in time for the show. I know he's got a long drive ahead of him but we usually see a small update from him and heard he left early.

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 08-17-2015, 01:18 PM   #501
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Class Act....

Quote:

Alex
You and American Muscle are a 1st Place "CLASS ACT"!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 01:22 PM   #502
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Here's a helpful suggestion from someone (me) who does a lot of company travel: call the credit card company ahead of time and inform them of the areas you plan to be in and use the card.
Remember, the card company is trying to protect both you and themselves from fraudulent use. I would be grateful that they were looking out for both you and themselves, as they have to eat the cost when your card is used fraudulently, and then they'll pass that charge onto all of us in the way of higher interest charges.

Glad you had a good time though overall.
Thanks for the tip. While I was on the phone with Diamond Preferred Card, the Fraud Section tech got all excited. He said not only was your card used in PA yesterday, someone is attempting you use in right now in Ohio. Wanting to reach through the phone and strangle him, I said that I'm in Ohio and I am the one attempting to use it. They did a search and since they had never seen any other charges from that area, they assumed my card was stolen.

Looks like I will have to call the credit card company next year.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 01:32 PM   #503
Staff

Regular
Staff

I know if you use it to book airline tix they know to expect charges...props to them even though it was a hassle to you.
Old 08-17-2015, 02:12 PM   #504
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:

Alex

Best car event I've ever attended. I didn't want it to end.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 02:21 PM   #505
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post

This! Next year I have to think about staying over Saturday night so I don't miss the races at the end or the Saturday night activities. Great job AM!!!

Old 08-17-2015, 02:58 PM   #506
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
For those that saw the gt500 vs terminator drag...looked to me that the GT500 had a bad launch 1st race. Probably why he jumped it the 2nd time. Anyone else think that? I wasn't up front and close but looked that way from up in the stand.
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 04:03 PM   #507
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beviking View Post
For those that saw the gt500 vs terminator drag...looked to me that the GT500 had a bad launch 1st race. Probably why he jumped it the 2nd time. Anyone else think that? I wasn't up front and close but looked that way from up in the stand.
I agree but judge for yourself.

https://youtu.be/dVxw63dhNXY

Rob
Old 08-18-2015, 08:58 AM   #508
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
You and American Muscle are a 1st Place "CLASS ACT"!
New - Thanks for the kind words sir, I really appreciate it!

We're a great group down here and #AM2015 was truly an all hands on deck event.

I'm happy to hear that everyone had so much fun!

Quote:
You and me both brother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robostang View Post
This! Next year I have to think about staying over Saturday night so I don't miss the races at the end or the Saturday night activities. Great job AM!!!
Thanks Robo - Saturday nights at the track are the best. I would definitely suggest staying over next year. You'll be recharged for the ride back in the morning.

Let me know if anyone else has any other comments, feedback, suggestions.

I'd love to hear them!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 08-18-2015, 09:48 AM   #509
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I have one minor suggestion. I was parked up off the black top near the bathrooms by the entrance. Every time a golf cart went by it raised a cloud of dust. By the end of the day the inside and out side of my car was covered in a fine layer of dirt. Could we put a speed limit on the golf carts or at least water down that area next year.

2013 Shelby GT500 Born 12/06/2012 number 439 of 530 in DIB and 1 of 9 with Red Stripes over the top and on the seats
Mlarv5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:53 AM   #510
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
This really was a fantastic show. Glad that this was my first car show, Even though I had to leave early because I forgot sunscreen and my friend and I got burnt, it was great.

I don't suppose the show could be 2 days? It's really quite big for a 7 hour show. Although logistically it would probably be a pain to make it 2 days.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:55 AM   #511
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Told the wife yesterday. We are going next year. :thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:00 AM   #512
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlarv5 View Post
I have one minor suggestion. I was parked up off the black top near the bathrooms by the entrance. Every time a golf cart went by it raised a cloud of dust. By the end of the day the inside and out side of my car was covered in a fine layer of dirt. Could we put a speed limit on the golf carts or at least water down that area next year.
I was PM'd about something similar to this the other day. I'll absolutely make sure that this is brought up as I know how much effort you guys put into prepping your cars prior to the show only to have them covered at the end of the day.

Thanks for the feedback mlarv.

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 08-18-2015, 10:09 AM   #513
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
This really was a fantastic show. Glad that this was my first car show, Even though I had to leave early because I forgot sunscreen and my friend and I got burnt, it was great.

I don't suppose the show could be 2 days? It's really quite big for a 7 hour show. Although logistically it would probably be a pain to make it 2 days.
Happy to hear that you had fun!

I got "a little" color as well and I'm peeling all over the place as we speak.

We've been hearing a lot of feedback about making this a 2 day event. It's something that I can't comment on nor do I want to give you guys false hope on but I'd personally like to see it happen because there's more than enough space for a handful of people to camp. One can hope but we'd need to fill two days worth of fun.

Any ideas on what we could do the 2nd day guys? All day racing? More guests? 2 dynos?

What do y'all think - We're open to ideas here!

Alex

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Told the wife yesterday. We are going next year. :thumbup:
That's it. I'm growing my beard out for a year.

Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 08-18-2015, 10:18 AM   #514
Registered Member

Regular

As far as filling the second day with fun Alex, I don't think you guys need to do much of anything. I personally would love to spend a whole day just looking at every car that was there. I didn't even look at half the cars if I had to guess. Between all the great events happening, fun at the scratch and dent tent (totally awesome btw), eating, checking out the AM girls it was overwhelming.

I think same amount of stuff but spread out more allowing more fart around time on a 2 day schedule would be perfect.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:23 AM   #515
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Well first, I think a lot of people probably didn't have time to see all the cars, I didn't see the employee rides or really anything past the Ford Performance tent since I parked at the back of the show. 2 dyno's would be a good idea, maybe use 1 for competition and 1 for people who just want to see what their car makes.

Having the track open a second day would be good as well, for example, say someone wanted to race on the first day, but couldn't for whatever reason. With the current show being 1 day, they wouldn't be able to race at the show at all. Not sure if that's ever happened, but having the track open a second day couldn't hurt, as I'm sure people would still be racing if it's open.

This is me assuming, but I'm guessing a fair amount of people bring their kids, especially since the show is a dry show, so probably having a mini track set up for the kids to ride would be good. A raffle for parts or gift cards to various manufacturers like eibach, koni, Roush, MMD, etc could also be done the 2nd day, much like the raffle for the video, drifting at SEMA, etc, was done at the show this year.

Anyone else have idea's, that's all I've got for now.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:29 AM   #516
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Happy to hear that you had fun!

I got "a little" color as well and I'm peeling all over the place as we speak.

We've been hearing a lot of feedback about making this a 2 day event. It's something that I can't comment on nor do I want to give you guys false hope on but I'd personally like to see it happen because there's more than enough space for a handful of people to camp. One can hope but we'd need to fill two days worth of fun.

Any ideas on what we could do the 2nd day guys? All day racing? More guests? 2 dynos?

Alex

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

That's it. I'm growing my beard out for a year.

Alex, the second day is not needed for more and additional events. Its just so people have more opportunity to take in what's already there. I maybe got to see half the mustangs there and maybe half. Maybe not even that much. Not to mention taking time to talk with awesome AM members. 😉

One can spend hours just looking at the venders and talking with them. Not including watching the racing and tire burnout competition. The show is just freaking awesome but too much to see in just 8 hours.

Just a side note, I personally would like to see drifting show at the AM show but no idea if there is room for that. AM caused the show to become too big. Ha ha ha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:19 AM   #517
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I think if they had dynos where one could pay to dyno would be really cool.
2 days would be sweet. Not enough time to see everything and everyone.
I feel you on the golf carts. Our cars were all covered in grease from the food vendors. Literally disgusting lol. Paintman has been licking it off his car he said

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 08-18-2015, 12:07 PM   #518
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
I think if they had dynos where one could pay to dyno would be really cool.
2 days would be sweet. Not enough time to see everything and everyone.
I feel you on the golf carts. Our cars were all covered in grease from the food vendors. Literally disgusting lol. Paintman has been licking it off his car he said

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app

You know it's funny, I was behind the scratch and dent tent and the food was pretty close to that. I came back to my car a few times and saw the junk on it like an oil and couldn't figure out what it was. Wasn't terrible but that had to be what it was. Oh well. I didn't care. I wiped it down a few times. No harm no foul. WHITE CAR FTW
Old 08-19-2015, 06:59 PM   #519
Registered Member

Regular

Thought I'd throw this video from JDJOYRIDE in here. Awesome guy, I had never seen his YouTube videos before but he is hilarious. Takes people for rides in his car and gets their reactions.

Anyway this is a cool video of the show and if you look closely you will see my ride for about 2 seconds. Lol.

http://youtu.be/nDOMGRZb1ug
Old 08-20-2015, 06:28 AM   #520
Staff

Regular
Staff

Quote:

Any ideas on what we could do the 2nd day guys?

Alex

2 car giveaways!

This time pick me.

please...........
Old 08-20-2015, 06:31 AM   #521
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Has anybody heared about Ronnie? Never seen him on here kinda worried..

MPT tune, 3:73 gears, borla stype, frrp x pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, airaid cai, Jlt separator, koni orange shocks and struts, SR Springs, gt500 mounts, J&M Panhard bar, Bmr LCA, 2010 gt500 wheels, roush chin splitter and RTR stripes... 😎 🚘
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:43 AM   #522
Registered Member
Regular

Haven't heard from him. Very odd.

Old 08-20-2015, 06:44 AM   #523
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Has anybody heared about Ronnie? Never seen him on here kinda worried..
I know Ronnie usually likes to take the scenic route back down south and will usually make a couple stops along the way. I was a little worried too but I saw that he was on yesterday:

Last Activity: Yesterday 02:10 PM

(Long sigh of relief here as I was concerned) I'm sure he'll pop up soon with a slew of pictures of he and our main man Mario.

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 08-20-2015, 06:47 AM   #524
Site Sponsor

Quote:
As far as filling the second day with fun Alex, I don't think you guys need to do much of anything.

I personally would love to spend a whole day just looking at every car that was there.

I didn't even look at half the cars if I had to guess. Between all the great events happening, fun at the scratch and dent tent (totally awesome btw), eating, checking out the AM girls it was overwhelming.

I think same amount of stuff but spread out more allowing more fart around time on a 2 day schedule would be perfect.
OX - Copy that brother!

I think a 2nd day or even a half day would be great just so people can get around and take a look at cars.

Even if there were only a few events throughout the course of the day would be more than enough. Most if not all shows that I'll attend are really loose, Park, set up some chairs, hang out with the guys/girls.

I dig it!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 08-20-2015, 06:53 AM   #525
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Well first, I think a lot of people probably didn't have time to see all the cars, I didn't see the employee rides or really anything past the Ford Performance tent since I parked at the back of the show. 2 dyno's would be a good idea, maybe use 1 for competition and 1 for people who just want to see what their car makes.

I like this idea a lot - In the past we'd had dueling dynos literally head to head.
I think this would be really, really cool!

Maybe even an area for employee dynos but the shows about you guys, our customers!

Having the track open a second day would be good as well, for example, say someone wanted to race on the first day, but couldn't for whatever reason. With the current show being 1 day, they wouldn't be able to race at the show at all. Not sure if that's ever happened, but having the track open a second day couldn't hurt, as I'm sure people would still be racing if it's open.

Definitely!

This is me assuming, but I'm guessing a fair amount of people bring their kids, especially since the show is a dry show, so probably having a mini track set up for the kids to ride would be good.

That's something I could definitely see. We'd need to map out an area away from the noise for the little guys. I'm sure that this would be a really huge hit.

The logistical side would be where could we have this set up at the track, where do we rent the carts from, I'd personally want to make sure that they're underpowered. etc

Being said - I'd like to have a Auto-X set up for the big boys!

A raffle for parts or gift cards to various manufacturers like
eibach
koni
Roush
MMD, etc could also be done the 2nd day, much like the raffle for the video, drifting at SEMA, etc, was done at the show this year.

I love absolutely everything here. I think it would be cool for the vendors to have their own drawings aside from AM - At the end of the day(s) they'd pull their numbers, have them announced over the PA.

I'm loving all of this thanks for the feedback!
Free Same-Day Shipping!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle