For A.M. mods - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle

Old 09-13-2015, 03:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
For A.M. mods

I just bought a 14 gt with 6000 miles and killer price! So with the extra money I have left I want to mod it. I watched two videos and they aren't making sense...You put a cold air intake and axle backs on a 13 and got over 400 hp..The 14 you put mods on had cold air ,throttle body, x-pipe and axle backs..not as many horses in the end..I have long tube headers a catted x-pipe and throttle body in my build list..I need a real good reason to spend all that money if it's not going to give more horses than the 13 with less mods...I already have roush mufflers on it. Thanks for any help you can give me. My 05 I had LT headers, catted X-pipe and violator mufflers..With cai and tuner.
alant007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2015, 03:58 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Lol! Yeahhhhh buddy. No, a "CAI" and axle backs will not add any horsepower. In fact, your 14GT already has a real cold air intake that works. Anything other than that without it being required as part of a tune or different intake altogether is just something teenagers think look cool under the hood. Axle backs make sound, not horsepower.
Make sure you consider P.A. Vehicle inspections as well as warranty claim denial possibilities when doing some of the mods you mention. Remember, it's a 14 with 6k miles! A check engine light will not be fun on a brand new car.
Not saying it will happen but when it does and your state has inspections..or your dealer says pizz off because of your mods and claim your X-pipe and throttle body are the cause of "xyz" warranty issue you have.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 04:01 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
For A.M. mods

Throttle body will be a waste also.
Not needed unless you get crazy with a NA build.

Tune,suspension, delete the cats, good set of tires. Start with that.

Also auto or Manual?

And your YouTube video can't be used for reference as its 2 different cars 2 different dynos.

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2015, 06:59 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks, Wylap1..My 05 didn't pass emission so bama sent me a tune so it would!! They are the best. I'll ask the dealer about the warrant that I go to before I do anything.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:03 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Rap...The videos were on A.M. What they did to the cars..That's why I'm questioning it. If I delete the cats i'm screwed for getting it inspected.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:10 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Manuel
Old 09-13-2015, 07:48 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by alant007 View Post
Manuel
This guy?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	250.9 KB
ID:	191103  
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 07:55 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
This guy?
No, that is e-manuel.
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Robostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:00 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Rap...The videos were on A.M. What they did to the cars..That's why I'm questioning it. If I delete the cats i'm screwed for getting it inspected.

well it's bama so...............

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:23 AM   #10
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks, Wylap1..My 05 didn't pass emission so bama sent me a tune so it would!! They are the best. I'll ask the dealer about the warrant that I go to before I do anything.
Looks like you're already getting some good feedback here alant.

Congrats on the new monster too. You're not too far away from us so if you're ever in the KOP area stop on by, we're about 10 minutes south.

In regards to the mods Rap's right and unless you're going to be doing some real heavy N/A work then I would probably shy away from the throttle body but there's still plenty of other mods that you can throw at the car and feel a great overall improvement.

If I just got handed a Coyote I would shoot right for a set of Long Tube Headers along with a Catted Shorty X for the best bang for the buck. Deleting cats in PA can be a little "problematic" for lack of a better term as you'll likely not pass inspection. While there's a slew of people around that don't have cats it can be a real pain when it comes time to get inspected.

If you're throwing Long Tubes on it's going to need a tune as well and there's plenty of great places out there to get you set up. Bama is in house for us and they're able to get you set up. I've logged close to 600 miles in our beloved 2014 (Project Coyote) and the car is a handful of fun to drive. I mean just look at this guy grinning below (Yes that's me)

Let me know if you have any questions at all or feel fee to shoot me a PM. I'm here to help and take a look at a few customer comments on the tunes below.

Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle