What mods to start off with - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 09-14-2015, 10:35 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
What mods to start off with

Hey guys I have a 2015 mustang ecoboost with the 3:31 gears I wanted to get a magnaflow competition cat back exhaust with a kooks down pipe and a JLT cold air intake.
Are these goods mods? Or do you all have recommendations?

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
stangs4l1f3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2015, 11:23 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
A cold air intake is simply eye candy. Not worth the money at all. You won't get any gains other than appearance and some sound. IMO not worth it. Suspension, exhuast, better tires, and a tune.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 11:38 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

What mods to start off with

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
A cold air intake is simply eye candy. Not worth the money at all. You won't get any gains other than appearance and some sound. IMO not worth it. Suspension, exhuast, better tires, and a tune.

The cai "not working" does not relate to the ecoboost.

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2015, 12:41 PM   #4
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Is this question directed to the American Muscle staff, or for all members of the Mustang Evolution site? If it's the later, I'll move it into a tech forum.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:51 PM   #5
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangs4l1f3 View Post
Hey guys I have a 2015 mustang ecoboost with the 3:31 gears I wanted to get a magnaflow competition cat back exhaust with a kooks down pipe and a JLT cold air intake.
Are these goods mods? Or do you all have recommendations?
Stang - Welcome to Mevo and congrats on the new car.

First and foremost. Definitely. Any of these modifications on the EcoBoost or any turbocharged car for that matter will help the car breathe that much more effectively.

Turbocharged cars thrive on more air, more-so than on a naturally aspirated motor. Increasing the flow in, as well as out will result in a drastically improved throttle response, horsepower, torque as well as I really nice improvement in the sound as well.

I don't get a pat on the back for suggesting one brand or another and most of the guys around here know that I'm a huge fanboy for JLT's Cold Air Intake as I've had their parts on two of my Mustangs. Fit and finish is there along with the ease of install. On the EcoBoost cars a cold air would install in maybe 30 minutes if you're pressed for time.

We just recently had Angelo on site doing a couple things with his car. While he went for an Airaid Cold Air Intake you would see/feel similar results. Check it out below.

We have a slew of downpipes that can be found Right Here You'll see some are catted, some are "off-road" (no cat) Off-Road will yield a few more horsepower but you would need to make sure that you can get away with no-cats down there. This is going to make the exhaust a little on the raspy side. Nothing like what you would hear with a V6 but it will be more audible.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'm here to help.

Alex

Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 12:56 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
The cai "not working" does not relate to the ecoboost.

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Whoops, just saw 2015 Mustang.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 04:02 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Is this question directed to the American Muscle staff, or for all members of the Mustang Evolution site? If it's the later, I'll move it into a tech forum.

Meant for everyone I just wanted American Muscles perspective though

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 09-15-2015, 04:04 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Stang - Welcome to Mevo and congrats on the new car.

First and foremost. Definitely. Any of these modifications on the EcoBoost or any turbocharged car for that matter will help the car breathe that much more effectively.

Turbocharged cars thrive on more air, more-so than on a naturally aspirated motor. Increasing the flow in, as well as out will result in a drastically improved throttle response, horsepower, torque as well as I really nice improvement in the sound as well.

I don't get a pat on the back for suggesting one brand or another and most of the guys around here know that I'm a huge fanboy for JLT's Cold Air Intake as I've had their parts on two of my Mustangs. Fit and finish is there along with the ease of install. On the EcoBoost cars a cold air would install in maybe 30 minutes if you're pressed for time.

We just recently had Angelo on site doing a couple things with his car. While he went for an Airaid Cold Air Intake you would see/feel similar results. Check it out below.

We have a slew of downpipes that can be found Right Here You'll see some are catted, some are "off-road" (no cat) Off-Road will yield a few more horsepower but you would need to make sure that you can get away with no-cats down there. This is going to make the exhaust a little on the raspy side. Nothing like what you would hear with a V6 but it will be more audible.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'm here to help.

Alex

Thanks for the help I greatly appreciate it

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 09-16-2015, 08:39 AM   #9
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Meant for everyone I just wanted American Muscles perspective though
Quote:
Thanks for your help I greatly appreciate it
Stangs - Anytime brother! I'm always around to help out.

Don't hesitate to let me know if you're to have any other questions at all. I've had too many Mustangs and know them really well.

I'll never suggest a part/parts that I don't think you'd enjoy. It's hands down one of the best aspects of working for AmericanMuscle; We're not going to sell you spark plugs and tell you you'll get 70hp.

We're not commission based either so If there's something that you want to install that I know wont benefit you or the car I'll be very straight forward!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle