Wheel and tire set does not fit - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 03-07-2016, 08:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Wheel and tire set does not fit

I ordered a wheel and tire kit but they dont fit on my car because I have Brembo brakes. The page description says they fit my car. I can't find the page with the staggered kit but the page for the standard kit says they fit. Under "features" it says "Fits All 2005-2014 GT" and under "will it fit my mustang it says "GT - 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14". Nowhere does it mention not fitting with Brembo brakes.

2013 GT500 Charcoal Mustang Wheel & Mickey Thompson Tire Kit - 20x8.5 (05-14 GT, V6) - Free Shipping

I called support and the person I spoke to says the description states they dont fit with Brembo brakes. He referred me to the page for the wheel by itself.

2013 GT500 Charcoal Mustang Wheel - 20x8.5 (05-14 GT, V6) - Free Shipping

The guy I spoke to tried to be as helpful as he could but said his director told him they won't return or exchange because it's my fault. He also said this wheel won't work with a spacer so basically I'm stuck with wheels I can't use. I PM'd Alex so hopefully he can help out. It sucks because I've had nothing but great service from them in the past. So right now I'm out $1,500
creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2016, 08:45 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Hopefully, Alex can help in your situation.

Adventure till you drop.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:50 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
They definitely shouldve specified about not fitting the brakes on the wheel and tire combo. I see that they did specify on the wheel alone. So In a way I see why you're upset I would be too. On the other hand having Brembos myself when I was looking for wheels I would make sure to ask if they did fit. Don't know if you called to make an order or did it online but for me when making a big purchase like that I always like to talk to someone and ask many questions about fitment or whatever the case is. Now you know. I've seen Alex do amazing things so be patient and wait for his response and I'm sure he can help you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2016, 08:53 PM   #4
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
PM Alex on this site and see what he can do.

However... it says in bold in the application that these wheels do not fit Brembo equipped cars... so they technically have a leg to stand on...

But the part that YOU bought did not specify that. I would definitely be raising hell on this one. If you paid with a CC you might be able to talk to them if AM won't help you.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:54 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I think I f'd up... I looked over the notes I took when I was pricing out different wheels. I don't think this was a package. I think I added everything to my cart individually. But, the tire&wheel kit still says it will fit with all 05-14 GTs. That's what I went off of...

I guess I'm gonna have to buy new wheels and sell these. I'll just use these tires with new wheels that fit. Anyone want to buy them? I'll pay for shipping

Also, my wife suggested I just swap out my brakes to "smaller ones" lol
Old 03-07-2016, 08:55 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
PM Alex on this site and see what he can do.

However... it says in bold in the application that these wheels do not fit Brembo equipped cars... so they are technically in the right here.

With that said... that is kind of fine print and they really should have something a little more prominent about the wheels not fitting on a Brembo car.

Hopefully Alex can help you out, otherwise you are going to have to sell them and eat the loss if you can't return them.

Your right it says that under the wheel application but not the wheel/tire combo..

Old 03-07-2016, 08:56 PM   #7
Staff
Regular
Staff

Yeah I edited my post. I actually believe the OP should get a refund on this one as the component that was ordered is described to fit all Mustangs. I would be screen capping if I was Creep on this one.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:57 PM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by creep View Post
I think I f'd up... I looked over the notes I took when I was pricing out different wheels. I don't think this was a package. I think I added everything to my cart individually. But, the tire&wheel kit still says it will fit with all 05-14 GTs. That's what I went off of...

I guess I'm gonna have to buy new wheels and sell these. I'll just use these tires with new wheels that fit. Anyone want to buy them? I'll pay for shipping

PM Alex on here and let him know exactly what happened. He might be able to help you out.

Old 03-07-2016, 08:57 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No no no don't give up. Have Alex look at it.

Old 03-07-2016, 08:59 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Wait to talk to Alex, maybe you can work out some sort of trade or deal on the wheels that WILL fit your brakes. Worth a shot.
oxfordwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:59 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, I'll definitely wait for Alex before I do anything. I'm just exploring options.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:02 PM   #12
Staff
Regular
Staff

Your options are to wait for Alex to get back to you and then if you are stuck with them you list them on the Corral/SVTP/Craigslist for a few $hundred off what you paid for them and hope someone buys them and chalk it up to a life lesson. If they are brand new never mounted on the car they should sell pretty quick if you price them right.

Old 03-07-2016, 09:17 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
It was definitely an over site by AM not to make it clear under the combo package as they did under the single wheel ad.
Not uncommon to make mistakes when dealing with such a volume of products and applications and to make sure the web pages are properly worded.
I notice this type of thing frequently and occasionally go out of my way to point it out to the vendor involved.
The interesting part will be if the AM rep he spoke with on the phone will pass this info along so it can be corrected immediately.
Or I guess I should have said the director passing the required correction along to the appropriate people.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 02:25 AM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
I guarantee Alex will make this right. I think what troubles me about some of these poor AM experiences people post about here in MEVO is that AM customer service sort of fails before it gets in here. I work in retail, and I've seen it all. My guess is that these individuals follow some sort of play book when a call like this comes through and then someone above has to get involved before these things can get resolved. It really shouldn't come to pm'ing a rep in here for them to say "wow, that was an oversight let us get this straightened out for you ASAP".

Love AM, but hopefully Alex can do more than make it right for OP. Bring this up at a meeting. Turn on that bearded charm and challenge how these calls are handled from the get go. After your boss sees the light and decides to rewrite the book and give you a raise, remember ole ox.

😉

-
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 06:41 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I agree I think Alex can help you out !!

NutMan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 07:42 AM   #16
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
I guarantee Alex will make this right. I think what troubles me about some of these poor AM experiences people post about here in MEVO is that AM customer service sort of fails before it gets in here. I work in retail, and I've seen it all. My guess is that these individuals follow some sort of play book when a call like this comes through and then someone above has to get involved before these things can get resolved. It really shouldn't come to pm'ing a rep in here for them to say "wow, that was an oversight let us get this straightened out for you ASAP".

Love AM, but hopefully Alex can do more than make it right for OP. Bring this up at a meeting. Turn on that bearded charm and challenge how these calls are handled from the get go. After your boss sees the light and decides to rewrite the book and give you a raise, remember ole ox.

😉

-
this
Old 03-08-2016, 07:59 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Buyer Beware!

Good Luck!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 08:20 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Hopefully they can help you out. That's one complaint I have about there website is that it seems to have contradicting information on product fitment in several places. For example the new hood mount turn signal lights will obviously only fit a 13-14 GT with the hood vents but before clicking on the product it says "fits 05-14" and when you click on the product it references all 05-14 mustangs and then also stats 13-14 only.

I tend to do due diligence when I purchase and make 100% sure I am getting what I want but I can see how the information in several places that contradicts the other information can cause confusion with some buyers.

StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 08:41 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I'm betting there will be a title change to this thread.

2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Robostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 11:05 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

What time does Alex wake up?? lol
Old 03-08-2016, 11:12 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
It may not be a bad idea if AM were to solicit feed back on errors and/or questionable areas of their web page info.
Maybe even some corrective criticism?
Just a thought to help improve their web site by having many more eyes reviewing it.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 01:43 PM   #22
Site Sponsor

Quote:
I ordered a wheel and tire kit but they dont fit on my car because I have Brembo brakes. The page description says they fit my car. I can't find the page with the staggered kit but the page for the standard kit says they fit. Under "features" it says "Fits All 2005-2014 GT" and under "will it fit my mustang it says "GT - 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14". Nowhere does it mention not fitting with Brembo brakes.

2013 GT500 Charcoal Mustang Wheel & Mickey Thompson Tire Kit - 20x8.5 (05-14 GT, V6) - Free Shipping

I called support and the person I spoke to says the description states they dont fit with Brembo brakes. He referred me to the page for the wheel by itself.

2013 GT500 Charcoal Mustang Wheel - 20x8.5 (05-14 GT, V6) - Free Shipping

The guy I spoke to tried to be as helpful as he could but said his director told him they won't return or exchange because it's my fault. He also said this wheel won't work with a spacer so basically I'm stuck with wheels I can't use. I PM'd Alex so hopefully he can help out. It sucks because I've had nothing but great service from them in the past. So right now I'm out $1,500
"Who ya gonna call?"

Creep.

Well this is definitely no fun! Sorry about the delay and all the trouble.

First and foremost, it's on the page.

Second. It's our fault.

Let me elaborate on this. I used to train our ladies and gents that are on the phones at all hours and this was something that needed to be asked and should've been second nature. No sweat!

RMA is being set up as I type this and we'll get these suckers back for a set they'll clear those bad boys.

Everything's going to be emailed and we'll be covering the shipping back to us for a refund or store credit. This is your choice and we can work via PM to nail down some shoes/socks that will work.
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 01:45 PM   #23
Staff
Regular
Staff

And that ladies and gentlemen... is stepping it up.

I am also going to change the title of this thread.

Old 03-08-2016, 01:54 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Awesome customer support Alex!!!!

2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Old 03-08-2016, 02:00 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Alex, outstanding customer service! I'd love to keep doing business with you guys and I'll take the store credit toward some new shoes that will fit.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:42 PM   #26
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Hopefully, Alex can help in your situation.
Always. I take care of the Mevo Crew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosariors3 View Post
They definitely should've specified about not fitting the brakes on the wheel and tire combo...I've seen Alex do amazing things so be patient and wait for his response and I'm sure he can help you out.
Definitely! And thanks, I'm blushing.
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 03-08-2016, 02:56 PM   #27
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Yeah, I'll definitely wait for Alex before I do anything. I'm just exploring options.
I appreciate the patience again Creep. I was here fairly early today but was getting pulled in a few different directions. Sorry about the turn around time again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Turn on that bearded charm and challenge how these calls are handled from the get go. After your boss sees the light and decides to rewrite the book and give you a raise, remember ole ox.
Charm Beard - Engaged.

I'll never forget the Ox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMan68 View Post
I agree I think Alex can help you out

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
Hopefully they can help you out. That's one complaint I have about there website is that it seems to have contradicting information on product fitment in several places.

For example the new hood mount turn signal lights will obviously only fit a 13-14 GT with the hood vents but before clicking on the product it says "fits 05-14" and when you click on the product it references all 05-14 mustangs and then also stats 13-14 only.

I tend to do due diligence when I purchase and make 100% sure I am getting what I want but I can see how the information in several places that contradicts the other information can cause confusion with some buyers.
StarzTA17 - I just wanted to piece back through the thread here. That's a really good point and thanks so much for bringing this up!

So here's what we have here for things like this! We rely heavily on our customers feedback as well to ensure in the event that we've missed something.

Being said see below in regards to the fitment along with how we tackle feedback.

If I misunderstood blow be out of the water here!

See the bottom left hand corner where it says got feedback? That's for employees only and it's an incredibly useful tool for us to make sure that everything listed on site is A-OK.

Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 03-08-2016, 06:01 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Outstanding work as usual Alex!
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 06:59 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Way to go Alex. You deserve a round of applause. { hear loud clapping now }
oxfordwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 07:29 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Bravo!!!👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Old 03-08-2016, 10:13 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
As Always AM making it right !! 👍🏻👍🏻

NutMan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:19 AM   #32
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooolbreeez View Post
Outstanding work as usual Alex!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordwhite View Post
Way to go Alex. You deserve a round of applause. { hear loud clapping now }
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosariors3 View Post
Bravo!!!👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMan68 View Post
As Always AM making it right !! 👍🏻👍🏻

I don't mess around here fellas! Always around to help out here.

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 03-09-2016, 08:41 AM   #33
Staff

Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robostang View Post
I'm betting there will be a title change to this thread.

winner winner chicken dinner
Old 03-09-2016, 09:28 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
winner winner chicken dinner
It was an easy win! No contest when it comes to Alex and AM customer service.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:01 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Reason why all possible gets ordered there
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle